PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 D2 GOTW: Gainesville (9-0) vs. Celina (9-1)

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Friday 7:30pm Collins Stadium, Denton

Keith7
11-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Gainesville 28, Celina 10

regaleagle
11-11-2013, 12:06 AM
I really don't know what to think about this game after watching Argyle/Celina. I know you can't really use that game as a valid yardstick to get a true gauge on this matchup....mainly because I think Argyle would be able to do the same thing to this Gainesville bunch. Just judging on personnel and records, I'd hafta say that this game will be close, but in Celina's favor. I think last year's Gainesville team was actually better than this year's team, and I think this year's Celina team is better than last year's team. I don't know how that shakes out, but that's what these playoffs are all about. I think I need a little more research and stats from the Gainesville side of things. On second thought....no I don't. When the dust settles, Celina should be ahead on the scoreboard. Gainesville didn't play this past week, did they??? They should be healthy and ready to go. I just think Celina has been through the mill this season with injuries and other issues, but will find themselves when the playoffs start. They should be able to give the Leopards plenty to deal with. Celina does have some athletes and speed....but they also had some players missing, I believe. But it looks like they have a pretty high number of players on varsity for their enrollment. And they have some players that have good size too. They just ran into a brick wall against Argyle....not unlike anyone else so far. So I'm casting my ballot for Celina in this game....mainly cuz I think they will win it.

orange machine
11-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I really don't know what to think about this game after watching Argyle/Celina. I know you can't really use that game as a valid yardstick to get a true gauge on this matchup....mainly because I think Argyle would be able to do the same thing to this Gainesville bunch. Just judging on personnel and records, I'd hafta say that this game will be close, but in Celina's favor. I think last year's Gainesville team was actually better than this year's team, and I think this year's Celina team is better than last year's team. I don't know how that shakes out, but that's what these playoffs are all about. I think I need a little more research and stats from the Gainesville side of things. On second thought....no I don't. When the dust settles, Celina should be ahead on the scoreboard. Gainesville didn't play this past week, did they??? They should be healthy and ready to go. I just think Celina has been through the mill this season with injuries and other issues, but will find themselves when the playoffs start. They should be able to give the Leopards plenty to deal with. Celina does have some athletes and speed....but they also had some players missing, I believe. But it looks like they have a pretty high number of players on varsity for their enrollment. And they have some players that have good size too. They just ran into a brick wall against Argyle....not unlike anyone else so far. So I'm casting my ballot for Celina in this game....mainly cuz I think they will win it.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Celina has been destroyed by injuries all year long and has had to rely on a bunch of freshmen, sophmores and junior varsity players to get the job done. Even if Celina had all their starters Argyle was still going to win, not by 50 but win none the less. Argyle is on a different planet than most 3a teams.

As for Gainsville if the Celina players are hungry they should win this game if they are given the chance to succeed!!!

Celina8
11-11-2013, 05:39 AM
You know Gainesville does have some athletes and they do have a few trophies including a State Title so don't sell them short. For Celina to win it is going to come down to the Coaches on this one. That is a lot of pressure, but that is the nature of the beast. Coming off a horrific defeat against a great Argyle team, the Coaches will have to have this team prepared for Gainesville mentally and physically. Gainesville is very excited to be playing Celina and their adrenaline will be pumping on overdrive for the First Quarter. Celina will have to withstand that storm and take the momentum out of Gainesville using its running game with long sustaining drives. I think the Bobcats do have the talent to win this game so that is why I feel the pressure is on the Coaches. This game feels eerily similar to the 2011 Game that we lost to Lovejoy in the same stadium in Denton. On paper we should have won that game, but when the game was over it was Lovejoy that hoisted up the Trophy. By the way Lovejoy's mascot is the Leopards.

orange machine
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
You know Gainesville does have some athletes and they do have a few trophies including a State Title so don't sell them short. For Celina to win it is going to come down to the Coaches on this one. That is a lot of pressure, but that is the nature of the beast. Coming off a horrific defeat against a great Argyle team, the Coaches will have to have this team prepared for Gainesville mentally and physically. Gainesville is very excited to be playing Celina and their adrenaline will be pumping on overdrive for the First Quarter. Celina will have to withstand that storm and take the momentum out of Gainesville using its running game with long sustaining drives. I think the Bobcats do have the talent to win this game so that is why I feel the pressure is on the Coaches. This game feels eerily similar to the 2011 Game that we lost to Lovejoy in the same stadium in Denton. On paper we should have won that game, but when the game was over it was Lovejoy that hoisted up the Trophy. By the way Lovejoy's mascot is the Leopards.

Good post!

Tom Foolery
11-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Gainesville probably has the more dangerous athletes but Celina plays with more discipline. This will be a one-point win by Celina if they can throw at least one pass to the right. They cannot be as predictable this Friday as they were last Friday. Check the film, only threw to the left.

orange machine
11-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Gainesville probably has the more dangerous athletes but Celina plays with more discipline. This will be a one-point win by Celina if they can throw at least one pass to the right. They cannot be as predictable this Friday as they were last Friday. Check the film, only threw to the left.

Very true roll left and throw for 2 yards lol. Might as well line up and pound the ball.

Leopard4Life
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Do you mean the 2010 game Celina lost? Celina won the 2011 matchup. As far as the 2010 game goes you must have been looking at a different "paper". Even with suspending 3 starters, Lovejoy looked at it "on paper" and decided to go man on man against Celina. "On paper our coaching staff thought we were better man for man, and we were. It was a great a game and an incredible defensive battle. Lovejoy was the better team that year, however when Lovejoy suspended the palyers everyone counted them out and expected Celina to win.

Celina8
11-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Do you mean the 2010 game Celina lost? Celina won the 2011 matchup. As far as the 2010 game goes you must have been looking at a different "paper". Even with suspending 3 starters, Lovejoy looked at it "on paper" and decided to go man on man against Celina. "On paper our coaching staff thought we were better man for man, and we were. It was a great a game and an incredible defensive battle. Lovejoy was the better team that year, however when Lovejoy suspended the palyers everyone counted them out and expected Celina to win.

When I say on paper Celina came in with the higher ranking plus the stats show we had 19 first downs to the Leopards 12 plus we had 214 yards total offense to the Leopards 200 yards total offense. The big diffenrence in that game was the turnovers with Celina turning the ball over twice one on the Leopards 4 yard line and the other on the Leopards 6 yard line. The game was 0-0 with only 7 minutes left in the game. Hey the Lovejoy won that game and did what they needed to do to win that game. I always say if you win the game then you were the better team so I want argue that point.

5wide
11-11-2013, 12:40 PM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Celina has been destroyed by injuries all year long and has had to rely on a bunch of freshmen, sophmores and junior varsity players to get the job done. Even if Celina had all their starters Argyle was still going to win, not by 50 but win none the less. Argyle is on a different planet than most 3a teams.

As for Gainsville if the Celina players are hungry they should win this game if they are given the chance to succeed!!!

Argyle took there starters out in the 4th. It wouldn't matter if Celina had all there starters. Starters on starters, Argyle would still beat Celina by 50.

Keith7
11-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Gainesville probably has the more dangerous athletes but Celina plays with more discipline.

Thatsracist.gif

Tom Foolery
11-11-2013, 02:47 PM
How so? Gainesville averages more penalties per game than Celina.

Keith7
11-11-2013, 04:16 PM
How so? Gainesville averages more penalties per game than Celina.

Says who? I need proof.

bobcat1
11-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Argyle took there starters out in the 4th. It wouldn't matter if Celina had all there starters. Starters on starters, Argyle would still beat Celina by 50.

I think you are right. I was real worried about Decatur sneaking by Sanger Friday night. Do y'all practice defense at all?

bobcat1
11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Thatsracist.gif

:fnypost:

Eagle11
11-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I think you are right. I was real worried about Decatur sneaking by Sanger Friday night. Do y'all practice defense at all?

Doesn't look like it. Horrible tackling all around

5wide
11-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Yea they were pretty awful.

bobcat1
11-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Doesn't look like it. Horrible tackling all around

Yea they were pretty awful.

Yep and #21 for Sanger was slicker than owl snot.

Eagle11
11-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Yep and #21 for Sanger was slicker than owl snot.
Thank god for the offense

Celina8
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Lot of people picking Gainesville in this one. I still feel that if Celina can withstand a 1st quarter onslaught from a fired up Leopard team then I like our chances. If Leopards score first then it could be a long night for the Bobcats.

Keith7
11-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Lot of people picking Gainesville in this one. I still feel that if Celina can withstand a 1st quarter onslaught from a fired up Leopard team then I like our chances. If Leopards score first then it could be a long night for the Bobcats.

Why would Gainesville be any more fired up than Celina? It's a playoff game, you'd think the bobkitties would come out ready..

I guess built in excuses have always been a selina thing, though.

orange machine
11-12-2013, 03:30 PM
If the game plan is like last weeks the Bobcats will be in off season. Of course what do I know about anything???:wave:

bobcat1
11-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Why would Gainesville be any more fired up than Celina? Because We are Celina! Nuff said!

bobcat1
11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
If the game plan is like last weeks the Bobcats will be in off season. Of course what do I know about anything???:wave:Part of your statement is true. I'll let you pick which part.:)

defense51
11-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Does Gainesville have a pass or run based offense?

orange machine
11-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Part of your statement is true. I'll let you pick which part.:)

Lol I have a feeling which one you are choosing!

Eagle11
11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
pretty much run. they will mix in a few passes here and there when you start coming up and the run. they are not nearly as good as they were last year but still have plenty of speed to hurt you.

Celina8
11-12-2013, 07:30 PM

I could not tell you. Hopefully someone will jump on here and provided that information.

Keith7
11-12-2013, 11:10 PM
pretty much run. they will mix in a few passes here and there when you start coming up and the run. they are not nearly as good as they were last year but still have plenty of speed to hurt you.

They run a veer offense. Probably run 80 percent, pass 20 percent. Lots of play makers -- and very disciplined despite what others have said in this thread.

5wide
11-13-2013, 09:13 AM
I see Celina winning. I don't think G'ville is as good as there record shows. But I could be wrong...

Bullaholic
11-13-2013, 10:08 AM
I see Celina winning. I don't think G'ville is as good as there record shows. But I could be wrong...

I think Gainesville takes this one in a close one, just because of their athleticism.

Keith7
11-13-2013, 02:47 PM

*their... Well technically it should be "its" but whatever.

And yea a 10-0 record, No. 11 in state, the No. 4 top returning rusher from last year in Class 3A and a state quarterfinalist last year. Gainesville must be overrated.

5wide
11-13-2013, 05:43 PM
*their... Well technically it should be "its" but whatever.

And yea a 10-0 record, No. 11 in state, the No. 4 top returning rusher from last year in Class 3A and a state quarterfinalist last year. Gainesville must be overrated.

I don't really pay attention to how my predictive text puts the words out.

Any way about the overrated G'ville team. Played a bad pre-district schedule and a weak district schedule (not that they can change that)...you should be 10-0. Last year's team helps your ranking this year s a lot and we both know that. You might be Celina but they're also living on past achievements. Didn't mean to offend you just stating my opinion.

bobcat1
11-13-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't really pay attention to how my predictive text puts the words out.

Any way about the overrated G'ville team. Played a bad pre-district schedule and a weak district schedule (not that they can change that)...you should be 10-0. Last year's team helps your ranking this year s a lot and we both know that. You might be Celina but they're also living on past achievements. Didn't mean to offend you just stating my opinion.He's not offended. He is just like a stir stick, useless once it's over.

orange machine
11-13-2013, 08:00 PM
He's not offended. He is just like a stir stick, useless once it's over.

Hahahaha funny stuff right there!!!

Keith7
11-13-2013, 09:57 PM
He's not offended. He is just like a stir stick, useless once it's over.

http://i.imgur.com/KjFG9tD.gif

Celina8
11-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Looks like it will a great night for Football here in North Texas weather wise. Big game for the Bobcats and Leopards as this will be a hard fought battle and should be a good game. The Bobcat poster have been very quite this week except for 3 of us. The Argyle game was a pretty big reality check, a win though tonight puts that game behind us. Get'er Done Bobcats!

marler1972
11-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Looks like it will a great night for Football here in North Texas weather wise. Big game for the Bobcats and Leopards as this will be a hard fought battle and should be a good game. The Bobcat poster have been very quite this week except for 3 of us. The Argyle game was a pretty big reality check, a win though tonight puts that game behind us. Get'er Done Bobcats!
Celina will be fine.......Argyle game is behind the boys I know for a fact.
It is the fans that will not forget.

Aggie98
11-15-2013, 11:42 AM
We played Gainesville in the 3rd round last year.... they're a good football team. Solid defense, ball control offense with 2 good runners. Don't know how well they throw this year since they graduated a great QB and a great WR. They'll be a very tough out.

BullBoy
11-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Will this game be broadcast online?

charlesrixey
11-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Celina 35, Gainesville 21

Celina's running game is good and will get off enough big runs to put the game away. If Argyle doesn't win the state title then whoever beats them must be pretty dang good. I don't see it happening this year in Division II. However, Celina is better than Argyle made them look, certainly. To have scored two of the only 3 touchdowns all year against their starting defense says something, for sure. Our defense just was overpowered (like everyone else). Gainesville is good but not as good as last year.

Aguilafanatico
11-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Celina 35, Gainesville 21

Celina's running game is good and will get off enough big runs to put the game away. If Argyle doesn't win the state title then whoever beats them must be pretty dang good. I don't see it happening this year in Division II. However, Celina is better than Argyle made them look, certainly. To have scored two of the only 3 touchdowns all year against their starting defense says something, for sure. Our defense just was overpowered (like everyone else). Gainesville is good but not as good as last year.

My opinion is that once Argyle started rolling there was a bit of a panic on the part of the Celina coaching staff. That manifested itself into a little bit of panic within the ranks of the Bobcats. I certainly believe that Argyle was going to win the game convincingly but also agree that Celina isn't as bad as they looked 2 weeks ago.

I will be pulling for Celina in this one and expect that there will be a decent contingent of Argylians fans and players there tonight doing the same.

Celina8
11-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Is this game going to be streamed and can someone provide a Link if so! Thanks

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Good luck to our District 10 rival the Celina Bobcats tonite in this first round tilt against Gainesville. On a side note that is a very interesting little tidbit....the Gainesville Leopards have NEVER defeated the Argyle Eagles in football, and we were in the same district for years. So you Bobcats out there....don't let your mates at Argyle down and keep District 10 proud. We're all pulling for you to win this one.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Is this game going to be streamed and can someone provide a Link if so! Thanks

I agree....we'd like to at least listen to the action going on at C.H. Collins tonite. I don't need streaming, but a broadcast link would be great.

BullBoy
11-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I agree....we'd like to at least listen to the action going on at C.H. Collins tonite. I don't need streaming, but a broadcast link would be great.

http://www.1580kgaf.com/

I'm listening to the game here

Celina8
11-15-2013, 08:49 PM
7-0 Celina opening drive.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 08:52 PM
7-0 Celina opening drive.

Actually that was the 2nd possession

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Better broadcast here. http://www.teamline.cc/free_listen?teamcode=0272&eventcode=20&status=PFU

The other one is way behind like a lag.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Now it's 7-7

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 09:08 PM
GVille 10 Celina 7 9:37 left in the half

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Now 17-7 Gainesville over Celina 5:37 left. Celina playing sloppy, turning over the ball. Missing tackles and assignments. Gainesville hasn't missed an opportunity yet.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Gainesville 17 Celina 14

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Are you kidding me? Gainesville 24 Celina 14. Long reverse. Announcers said an obvious hold was not called. I'm not there so I don't know.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 10:17 PM
3 plays into the 2nd half Celina scores. Gainesville 24 Celina 21

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 10:24 PM
31-21 Gainesville. Celina can't stop them

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Adam Berryman again??? Celina needs to stop that guy....he's their go-to Mr. Everything. Stop Berryman, you win. If you don't, Celina loses.

gomeangreen
11-15-2013, 10:28 PM
24-14 half
Celina coaching is ridiculous
Again being out coached two weeks in a row let me rephrase that at least 5 years in a row

Trying to run spread and boost stats. I wonder why hmmm

Every time they run they are getting yards and score but they continue to go back to the roll out
Hope the celina faithful open their eyes and see there needs to be a change it will never return with the coaching they have now

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Gainesville 34 Celina 21 2:10 left in the 3rd

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Gainesville 34 Celina 28

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Gainesville scores on 79 yard pass on a corner route. Gainesville going for 2 and gets it Now lead 42-28.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Celina runs the kickoff back and misses the extra point 42-34 Gainesville leads

Celina8
11-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Where is our defense...I have to tell you the team is making so many mistakes and they seem to be the same type of mistakes they have made all year long. Gainesville is a very good team and they have made their mistakes too.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:03 PM
This topsy-turvy game is gonna be decided in the final minutes here. No telling who's gonna win it at this point.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:04 PM
There's still 5 mins. left in the 4th.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:04 PM
This is the ball game right here

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Celina has it at their 28 with a 4th and 3.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Elliot is the punter and the qb, so Elliot rolls out and throws a playaction. Gainesville takes over on the Celina 28 with 4 mins. left.

gomeangreen
11-15-2013, 11:09 PM
4th and 3 and celina is getting 5 plus every run they give to a back and guess what coach throws it genius
For the comments of mistakes by players
You should say loss by BE

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Celina holds 2:53 left. They have to score and convert a 2 point conversion to tie.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Celina holds and takes over on downs, but has about 70 yds. to go to try and tie this game with about 2:30 left.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Celina completes a pass to the 50 and calls a timeout with a little more than 2 mins. left and one timeout remaining.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Celina at the 3 on the fumblerooski

bobcat1
Bobcats Score. Gotta go for 2. Please run it!

regaleagle
Celina runs it down to the 2 yd line. 1st and goal Celina. Touchdown Bobcats. Celina going for 2 for the tie.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Gainesville has everybody in the box and Celina calls a timeout for this try for 2.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Elliot hits Davis in the corner of the end zone to tie it at 42 with 2 mins. left.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Celina scores and converts 2 pt conversion. 42-42

Roughneck93
11-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Wow...

What a game.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Kickoff in the end zone. Gainesville against the wind starting at their own 20 with 2 mins. left.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Celina misses the pick 6 and tipped away.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Now Gainesville is marching. The pass is dropped at the 22 in field goal range.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Penalty on Celina here. Gainesville at the Celina 37. 1:28 left. Celina throws Gainesville for a loss of 1. No Gainesville timeouts left. 2nd down.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Overtime we go!

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:25 PM
3rd and 8 for Gainesville. Stopped by Celina. The clock has run out. Gainesville lost track of the clock. Going to overtime.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:26 PM
They are saying Celina has NEVER played an overtime game before. Well....they're gonna play one now.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:27 PM
I can't believe it! I gave up on this game.

Celina8
11-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Both Gainesville and Celina are leaving everything they have on the field...You just cannot ask much more than that!

ccmom
11-15-2013, 11:29 PM
They are saying Celina has NEVER played an overtime game before. Well....they're gonna play one now.
Never? Wow...that's crazy.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Celina wins the toss and will play defense first. Gainesville starts at the 25 yd. line and goes first in overtime.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Gainesville takes it down to the 7 yd. line on 2nd down.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Gainesville scores 49 -42

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Berryman scores with a run on the third Gainesville play in overtime. The kick is good. 49-42 Gainesville. Now its Celina's turn.

Celina8
11-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Celina has played overtime they had a great one against Sanger back in 97 with 2 overtimes...Gainesville scores a TD in overtime. Man!

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Celina at the 15.5 on third and half a yard.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Celina gets the first at the 13 yd. line. First down now. 2nd and 5 from the 9

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:35 PM
3rd and 3 from the 6 now. two-down territory. Pass knocked away. 4th and 3 from the 6. This is it. Celina uses their timeout here.

Celina8
11-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Why do you try and pass when your killing them with the run.!

regaleagle
This is the season for Celina now. They have to convert or the game is over.

bobcat1
TD Celina. Now for the extra point

regaleagle
Touchdown by Celina on a pass by Elliot.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:37 PM
The kick is..........good. 49-49 now.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:37 PM
2nd Overtime coming up. 49-49

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Celina goes first now, I believe.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:39 PM
3rd and 14 ugh

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:39 PM
2nd down now for Celina from their own 28....lost 3 on first. Now another loss.....3rd and 14.

charlesrixey
11-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Celina has played overtime they had a great one against Sanger back in 97 with 2 overtimes...Gainesville scores a TD in overtime. Man!

That's right. 35-34 loss. I was there. As far as I can remember though this is only the second one.

bobcat1
4th and 14 upcoming

regaleagle
incomplete pass. will go for it on 4th. Cannot kick a field goal here, they say.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Gainesville has a good kicker, btw.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Celina is trying a field goal. 47 yard attempt downwind. NO GOOD. Had the distance but wide left.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Gainesville takes their turn now. 2nd and 9. Berryman takes it to the 18

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:44 PM
No good on Celina's field goal. Gainesville wins in overtime 55-49

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Well that sucks

charlesrixey
Celina does not advance to the second round for the first time since 1993.

regaleagle
Berryman scores from the 18 for a TD run. Celina is eliminated for the first time in a long, long time. Great game for both schools. Congrats to Gainesville. They will advance to Round 2.
55-49 Final

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Congrats to Gainesville. Y'all deserve the win!

charlesrixey
11-15-2013, 11:47 PM

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:48 PM

More .................................................. .................................................. ......................@%^#$^%$&^%*^(

Keith7
11-15-2013, 11:48 PM

Bye Bye Celina!!!!

Celina8
11-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Congratulations Gainesville, for the Bobcats it is back to off season and some serious evaluation of the Coaches and direction this program seems to be heading. Thanks guys for the updates great job.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Guess I'll be a Argyle bandwagon jumper and support them through the playoffs since they are from our district.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Bye Bye Celina!!!!

Bite me Keith. LOL

ccmom
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
What a heartbreaker!! Man!!

ccmom
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Bite me Keith. LOL

LOL :clap:

jason
11-16-2013, 12:52 AM
maybe kenny chesney can come back and have somebody write him a song about the heartbreak of defeat and then he can make a crappy music video about it...

bobcat1
11-16-2013, 01:03 AM
maybe kenny chesney can come back and have somebody write him a song about the heartbreak of defeat and then he can make a crappy music video about it...
Yea well Got 8 yet bandwagonman?

Keith7
11-16-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm classy so I'll keep my mouth shut.

orange machine
11-16-2013, 02:00 AM
I won't comment I would hate to hurt somebody's feelings or image!!!

Keith7
11-16-2013, 02:07 AM
I won't comment I would hate to hurt somebody's feelings or image!!!

That's classy.

orange machine
11-16-2013, 02:20 AM
That's classy.

Oh I'm trying to be, but I have a feeling others wont!

RPF2666
11-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Congratulations to Gainesville, they held onto the ball and Celina didn't... Best of luck on the rest of the playoffs!

Celina's young men had several opportunities to fold up like a cheap suit, but DIDN'T. I believe
we had a bunch of young players learn a lot from the last 2 games and I cannot wait until August
to see if I am correct!

Celina8
11-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Congratulations to Gainesville, they held onto the ball and Celina didn't... Best of luck on the rest of the playoffs!

Celina's young men had several opportunities to fold up like a cheap suit, but DIDN'T. I believe
we had a bunch of young players learn a lot from the last 2 games and I cannot wait until August
to see if I am correct!

I agree that these young men had several opportunities to just quit but didn't. I terms of next year well that statement was made last year. I guess we will have to wait and see. Gainesville played one heck of a game and actually they had their opportunities too for putting this game out of reach. Their program was down for just a few years but they have it back on track and the Leopards will and should be in the conversation when the words State Championship is mentioned in the coming years. For us fans that don't want to hear the trash talk after a loss, well the only way we stop that is don't lose and for many years most times we didn't. I will be the first to say I am not satisfied with this teams performance this season. It was very inconsistent, and they seem to struggle all year long to get into any type of rhythm on offense. I keep hearing how we are a much better team than what we played against Argyle, Melissa, Gainesville, Perryton...if that is true then I am sorry to say but it falls on the Coaches. The little attention to details that were done in the past that made our teams the fine tuned winning machines that they were (very much like Argyle is today) are not being addressed. Congratulations again to Gainesville and good luck the rest of the way in the playoffs, however I will be pulling for Argyle as they represent our District.

orange machine
11-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Geez please no lol.

bobcat1
11-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I've slept on this now. The kids from Celina did the very best they could with what they had to work with. Congratulations on a great season to them. Congrats to Gainesville for an exceptional year and being 10-0. I am sure you can handle Bonham but then Argyle will be waiting. You will need to be perfect and even then I doubt you will have the horses to keep up with that offense of Argyle. Their Defense is real stingy too!

Keith7
11-16-2013, 12:43 PM
You will need to be perfect and even then I doubt you will have the horses to keep up with that offense of Argyle.

That's what you guys were saying about selina earlier this week.

regaleagle
11-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Keith7, if it comes down to Argyle/Gainesville in the D2 Regional Final....the Leopards will be trying to make team history. Gainesville has never defeated Argyle in football. Your side of the bracket looks yummy compared to Argyle's. That is....until the final. If Gainesville makes it and Argyle doesn't....the Leopards will be looking at Gilmer. Either way, the Leopards have a real hill to climb to get out of this region. Argyle has Melissa coming up next, so the players will be tuned-in to beating that team right now. Who does Gainesville have up next?

bobcat1
11-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Keith7, if it comes down to Argyle/Gainesville in the D2 Regional Final....the Leopards will be trying to make team history. Gainesville has never defeated Argyle in football. Your side of the bracket looks yummy compared to Argyle's. That is....until the final. If Gainesville makes it and Argyle doesn't....the Leopards will be looking at Gilmer. Either way, the Leopards have a real hill to climb to get out of this region. Argyle has Melissa coming up next, so the players will be tuned-in to beating that team right now. Who does Gainesville have up next?
Bonham

bobcat1
11-16-2013, 12:59 PM
That's what you guys were saying about selina earlier this week.

You'll see. I never said that by the way.

regaleagle
11-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Well....my bracket had Celina in the regional final, so you know what that means. Three rounds in the toilet in Region 2 for the D2 Bracket. And I truly believe that the winner of this game will be in the regional final. Obviously, the game was picked to be close, and it couldn't have been closer. One team was going to be disappointed in going home early. Both teams made good plays, and both teams made mistakes. Gainesville probably made less mistakes. Celina was not healthy all season. Just one of those years...it happens sooner or later to all good teams. At least it was exciting to the very end.

orange machine
11-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Gainsville isn't beating Argyle no way no how it will be another blowout.

orange machine
11-16-2013, 01:42 PM
I've slept on this now. The kids from Celina did the very best they could with what they had to work with. Congratulations on a great season to them. Congrats to Gainesville for an exceptional year and being 10-0. I am sure you can handle Bonham but then Argyle will be waiting. You will need to be perfect and even then I doubt you will have the horses to keep up with that offense of Argyle. Their Defense is real stingy too!

Lol I see where your going there.

Hey ARGYLE

GO EAGLES!!!!

bobcat1
11-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Well....my bracket had Celina in the regional final, so you know what that means. Three rounds in the toilet in Region 2 for the D2 Bracket. And I truly believe that the winner of this game will be in the regional final. Obviously, the game was picked to be close, and it couldn't have been closer. One team was going to be disappointed in going home early. Both teams made good plays, and both teams made mistakes. Gainesville probably made less mistakes. Celina was not healthy all season. Just one of those years...it happens sooner or later to all good teams. At least it was exciting to the very end.
Agreed

gomeangreen
11-16-2013, 04:19 PM
If the head coach is not replaced this will be the norm for celina football
Totally out coached again

For the koolaide drinkers really look back at the last 5 years with him as OC and as head coach you cannot say "well the kids made errors" if they are aet up for success they will never be more than a 2nd place team

orange machine
11-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Things definitely seem to be going the wrong direction!

orange machine
11-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Chirp

orange machine
11-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Chirp chirp

marler1972
11-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Chirp chirp

You are just a trouble maker..........:redxpoke::redxpoke::stirpot:

3 and out
11-19-2013, 02:36 PM