PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Vs. Cuero

tango
11-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Friday night @ El Campo. Who do you have?

44INAROW
11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
1st and foremost, I love my Gobblers. That being said... It depends on which Gobbler team show up... 😜🔮I'm betting the winning Gobblers show up and play The Cardinals a tough game and come out with a win.. At least that's how I hope it ends up.

It's been another weird season in district 26AAA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 07:27 PM
1st and foremost, I love my Gobblers. That being said... It depends on which Gobbler team show up... ����I'm betting the winning Gobblers show up and play The Cardinals a tough game and come out with a win.. At least that's how I hope it ends up.

It's been another weird season in district 26AAA.

This will be a short game with two running teams facing off. #20 for Cuero is going to be hard for the Cardinal defense to stop but Cuero needs to bring in some balance in their offense with an effective passing game. They showed some talent last night and if they build on that against Columbus they could force the Cards out of their game plan. This will be a very good game. I think Cuero wins by 7+.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I may go check this one out. Y'all Cuero folks don't mind a Tarpon sittin' with y'all do you?

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Cardinals will be riding high after the Overtime win over El Campo

speedbump
11-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Columbus started a bit slowly with a new coach and system and when they got rolling injuries to key players slowed them a bit in the middle of district play. They have a bunch of talent on that team and they are healthy again and confident in what they do. They are and will be the better team Friday night. Cards win by ten or more.

tango
11-09-2013, 09:14 PM
I may go check this one out. Y'all Cuero folks don't mind a Tarpon sittin' with y'all do you?

Come on down!

iFootball
11-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Not that history really matters in the playoffs but I know these two teams have played quite a few games against each other. Does anyone know the win/loss history for Cuero vs Columbus?

Old Green
11-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Not that history really matters in the playoffs but I know these two teams have played quite a few games against each other. Does anyone know the win/loss history for Cuero vs Columbus?Cuero leads in wins against Columbus 13-5 having last played in 2000.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Cuero was running the wildcat against LG with some success. I expect the Cards will see some of that this week. #20 was very impressive breaking tackles for big yards after first contact. He must have averaged 8 yards per carry. After a while our defense adjusted and got the stops but hats off to #20 Hopkins, the young man is a player. It will take more from the Cuero offense then going to their premier running back 20+ times though and I suspect they will be working on their pass routes and play action stuff for Columbus. I did recall a screen pass that worked pretty well against us and expect that they will go to that at the right moment. If the Cuero D can put together three or four stops and avoid turnovers they can win this game.

Old Green
11-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Cuero was running the wildcat against LG with some success. I expect the Cards will see some of that this week. #20 was very impressive breaking tackles for big yards after first contact. He must have averaged 8 yards per carry. After a while our defense adjusted and got the stops but hats off to #20 Hopkins, the young man is a player. It will take more from the Cuero offense then going to their premier running back 20+ times though and I suspect they will be working on their pass routes and play action stuff for Columbus. I did recall a screen pass that worked pretty well against us and expect that they will go to that at the right moment. If the Cuero D can put together three or four stops and avoid turnovers they can win this game.Hopkins is a hoss alright. I'm hoping to see the gobblers play like they did the first 5 games of the season. Everyone contributed in the wins .

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Hopkins is a hoss alright. I'm hoping to see the gobblers play like they did the first 5 games of the season. Everyone contributed in the wins .

The Gobblers have some good receivers. I noted several excellent receptions Friday night. Hopefully Cuero will mix up the play calling more this week. I think if you keep the Cards D guessing more you will have more success.

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Cuero by 10

gobbla4life
11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
It's playoff time in Texas , win or go home! Cuero has been up and down this season , but have the capability to play at a high level. I'm not much for talking smack , but it's Cuero and we love our Gobblers. Even though it doesn't always work out , we always expect to win , no matter who the opponent is.

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Interesting footnote for what it's worth, Coach V never was able to get a win in the several games LG had with Cuero in his 10 year tenure at La Grange. Just sayin'

buff4ever
11-11-2013, 11:12 AM
I think this game goes to Cuero, in the closest outcome of the 25 vs 26 round. I have district 25 winning 3 games to one. Bellville being the only district 26 win.

teetle
11-11-2013, 12:20 PM
It's playoff time in Texas , win or go home! Cuero has been up and down this season , but have the capability to play at a high level. I'm not much for talking smack , but it's Cuero and we love our Gobblers. Even though it doesn't always work out , we always expect to win , no matter who the opponent is.

Gobblers wills beats the tars outs of de Cardinals. Cards wills fold aainst Cuero:flaming::flaming::(:vrycnfsd:

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I think this game goes to Cuero, in the closest outcome of the 25 vs 26 round. I have district 25 winning 3 games to one. Bellville being the only district 26 win.

Bellville is in D25.

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 03:35 PM

Bellville is D25. Don't you mean D26 winning 3? I agree btw.

rico
11-11-2013, 07:41 PM
who does the winner of Cuero vs Columbus play? Is it the winner of Wimberly/La Vernia or winner of Navarro/SA Sam Houston?

Roughneck93
11-11-2013, 07:56 PM
who does the winner of Cuero vs Columbus play? Is it the winner of Wimberly/La Vernia or winner of Navarro/SA Sam Houston?

Wimberley/La Vernia

http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/3A-DII.pdf

rico
11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Wimberley/La Vernia

http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/3A-DII.pdf
According to the UIL bracket it shows winner of Cuero/Columbus playing winner of Navarro/SA Sam Houston.
Anybody have an explanation?

Roughneck93
11-11-2013, 08:05 PM
According to the UIL bracket it shows winner of Cuero/Columbus playing winner of Navarro/SA Sam Houston.
Anybody body have an explanation?

I just saw that. I'm not so sure now.

TOC shows what the UIL has.

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1572984

Manso/V8
11-11-2013, 08:44 PM
The D25 envy from the D26 posters is comical!

Y'all still got the red ass from the D25 sweep.

GU_81
11-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Anybody have an explanation?

Interesting. For DII, The UIL bracket shows Columbus to have finished as D25 Winner and Wharton as D25 Runner Up. The UIL bracket is linked to scores/statistics by MaxPreps, whose website shows Wharton as finishing ahead of Columbus. MaxPreps seems like it should be correct since Wharton beat Columbus head to head (similarly Yoakum finished ahead of Cuero for same reason). Texasfootball.com's bracket shows Wharton as D25W but has Yoakum as D26R and Cuero as D26W. :confused:

gobbla4life
11-11-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't care who finished where , but there should be an opponent in El Campo Texas for the Gobblers to play Friday night! Everyone has a perfect record 0-0 , but it's win or go home. The Gobblers will be ready , good luck D26 !

GO MEAN GREEN !!

Scoop27
11-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Need to give the Cardinals some credit and a chance. They beat an El Campo team (even though injury riddled) to make the playoffs. They didn't play well against Sealy but regrouped

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Anybody body have an explanation?

Winner of Yoakum - Wharton plays winner of La Vernia - Wimberley. They are lower bracket while Columbus - Cuero are upper bracket.

Manso/V8
11-12-2013, 12:26 AM
I hope this doesn't inflame all the D26 homers.........Padilla picks Columbus by 6 over Cuero.
I think he is being a bit conservative.

Y'all need to get over he fact that D25 swept D26 last year and focus on this week's games.

1stnurseryman
11-12-2013, 12:40 AM
I hope this doesn't inflame all the D26 homers.........Padilla picks Columbus by 6 over Cuero.

Y'all need to get over he fact that D25 swept D26 last year and focus on this week's games.

U need to get over the fact Y'allve never been to the big dance. Ur starting to sound very envious. By the way have y'all ever even gotten out of region 4 in anything?

hookandladder
11-12-2013, 07:12 AM
U need to get over the fact Y'allve never been to the big dance. Ur starting to sound very envious. By the way have y'all ever even gotten out of region 4 in anything?

No ****, one year and he thinks D-25 is King.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 09:23 AM
U need to get over the fact Y'allve never been to the big dance. Ur starting to sound very envious. By the way have y'all ever even gotten out of region in anything?

:clap:

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Personally , I think it will be a good game. Cuero has some young kids and a young QB , not making excuses , but when we are hitting on all cylinders we are hard to stop. Ask Pud , Hook , or YT , those are the two teams that beat us pretty handily. LG is the real deal , and the score may not have shown it , but we left the red zone three times in that game with no points ( credit to LG D) , Yoakum is a big rival and outplayed us , but in that game as well , we had two turnover in the red zone , once again credit Youakums D ! All I'm saying is Cuero is very capable of winning this game.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 10:28 AM
GU, what's that "Willy Wonka Game Resolution Machine" you use, showing for scores in the D26 vs. D25 games? I think it's been more accurate then Harris and Padilla. Us and LG are playing on grass, while the Gob's and GZ are on field turf, if you input that info.

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 10:34 AM
I agree Cuero is definitely in this game from the git go. Columbus will have a salty D as well, so the Gobblers will need to come up with a better play calling strategy inside the 20. Giving #20 the ball over the middle worked well until the Leps put in their goal line stand defense(basically subing the dt and noseguard with 280 lb #70 Ledwick and 260lb #63 Schindler). Going wide after a faint to the middle broke the gls on the one for Cuero. Try a play action fake up the middle and hit the TE in the corner of the endzone instead of three pound and grounds over the guards.

Manso/V8
11-12-2013, 11:21 AM
No ****, one year and he thinks D-25 is King.

D25 is king based on last year, a team in the D1 finals, and a team in the D2 semis.
D26 hss the opportunity to take the crown this week, but until then, D25 is king of R4.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 11:24 AM
D25 is king based on last year, a team in the D1 finals, and a team in the D2 semis.
D26 hss the opportunity to take the crown this week, but until then, D25 is king of R4.

:iagree: Gotta beat the king to claim anything.

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 12:09 PM
If you take a shot at the King you better kill the king.:D

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 12:17 PM
YT , Pud , you guys crack me up , it's all in good fun. I hope in realignment , we would all get to stay together. Either way , let's Go Gobblers , and let's go D26 !

GU_81
11-12-2013, 12:33 PM
GU, what's that "Willy Wonka Game Resolution Machine" you use, showing for scores in the D26 vs. D25 games? I think it's been more accurate then Harris and Padilla. Us and LG are playing on grass, while the Gob's and GZ are on field turf, if you input that info.

The Lone Star Football Network Game Simulator is obviously out of whack this week :dispntd:
La Grange 21 El Campo 0
Bellville 8 Gonzales 0
Columbus 63 Cuero 58
Wharton 80 Yoakum 66

Good thing these games are settled on the field. Stupid simulator :tongue:

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
The Lone Star Football Network Game Simulator is obviously out of whack this week :dispntd:
La Grange 21 El Campo 0
Bellville 8 Gonzales 0
Columbus 63 Cuero 58
Wharton 80 Yoakum 66

Good thing these games are settled on the field. Stupid simulator :tongue:

ROFL. Yes, junk iron. Duck tape operation machine.

hookandladder
11-12-2013, 12:41 PM

No one cares about last year and it's about winning State Championship, making long runs is like kissing your sister. If you know what I mean, The ultimate goal.

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Any suggestions on , good restaurants to eat at before the game ? Maybe have a cold one!

stxfootball
11-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Try Greek Brothers They are pretty good

The Bull #40
11-12-2013, 07:20 PM
I'll be making the trip friday night to support the Cardinals and D25 before turning around saturday to head to Brenham to watch the BRAHMAS take care of the Apaches! I am excited to see if Columbus can pull off the upset. I hope Caldwell is in full form, he is fun to watch and the Cardinals aren't the same team without him. How is Cuero's offense this year? Any stud RBs like they had with Trent Jackson before his incidents?

1stnurseryman
11-12-2013, 08:18 PM
We have a pretty good back runs with lots of power not any quit in him.. How ia cardinals QB I think that is what we're most vulnerable at that being a mobile QB who can pull the ball down and run.

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Try Greek Brothers They are pretty good

I agree! It will be packed though. Get there early.

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I'll be making the trip friday night to support the Cardinals and D25 before turning around saturday to head to Brenham to watch the BRAHMAS take care of the Apaches! I am excited to see if Columbus can pull off the upset. I hope Caldwell is in full form, he is fun to watch and the Cardinals aren't the same team without him. How is Cuero's offense this year? Any stud RBs like they had with Trent Jackson before his incidents?

#20 D'Anthony Hopkins is a very good rb and very strong runner. He will break tackles and get 6-9 yards per carry. They will run inside tackles with him all night. Cuero's Qb can throw the ball too, so if Columbus' mlbs don't stay home they can be burned over the middle.

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info , are there any bar and grills around ? Or is Greek Brothers the beat stop?

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 09:22 PM
There's a great bar in the Greek Brothers restaurant. Should be busy Saturday with the game and all.

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Hey Pud , we play there Friday. Is it kid friendly ?

1stnurseryman
11-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Yes it's kid friendky

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Hey Pud , we play there Friday. Is it kid friendly ?

Yes it is a very loud family restaurant with that Greek ethnic flavor. The food is delicious too.

stxfootball
11-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Yea it's a good family restaurant if I remember right the bar and restaurant are separated. When you walk in its the bar and then you take a left to the restaurant. I never had anything there that wasn't good.

GU_81
11-13-2013, 12:21 PM
The Gobblers have some good receivers. I noted several excellent receptions Friday night. Hopefully Cuero will mix up the play calling more this week. I think if you keep the Cards D guessing more you will have more success.

I totally agree Pud. Cuero's running game nicely sets up their passing game for success. The balance is what keeps the opposing defense on their heels. I expect to see more of a mixup this week now that playoff mode is on.

GobblersUnite
11-13-2013, 01:18 PM
This should be a heck of game with alot of speed on the field. I predict a couple of new faces make some plays for the Gobbs this Friday.

gobbla4life
11-13-2013, 11:08 PM
I also think we will see some fresh faces making some big plays ! Gonna be a good one , Columbus always has talent and speed ! Come on Friday ...

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 08:46 AM
I also think we will see some fresh faces making some big plays ! Gonna be a good one , Columbus always has talent and speed ! Come on Friday ...

I agree that Columbus is a lot faster than Cuero.

Pudlugger
11-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Is Columbus healthy now or is Caldwell still out? He is their fastest player.

GU_81
11-14-2013, 11:29 AM
I agree that Columbus is a lot faster than Cuero.

Who are you agreeing with? I didn't see this stated anywhere.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Who are you agreeing with? I didn't see this stated anywhere.

He's just stirring things up. He has posted this on every D25 vs. D26 game thread.

gobbla4life
11-14-2013, 03:43 PM
GU__ 81, they have lots of speed , there's no doudt that. But more speed , I don't know , we will find out tomorrow ! We just need to take care of business tomorrow night.

GO MEAN GREEN

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Cards by 14

teetle
11-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Cuero gobbs goins toes beats de stuffins outs of the Cardinalses. Theys goins toes has no mercies. Columbuses bes a ones round wonders:weeping::o:o:weeping:

pacdaddy
11-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Cards by 14

One D25 team down, Three to GO.:stirpot::hijacktd: GO D26

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 11:50 AM
He's just stirring things up. He has posted this on every D25 vs. D26 game thread.

I haven't posted the speed thing on every D25 vs D26 thread, just the Wharton-Yoakum thread, and this one.

Both Wharton and Columbus had better overall team speed than Bellville this year.
I have only noticed that a couple of times in the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

The Caldwell kid from Columbus is a real burner, I heard his was out with an injury earlier this season, but I think he is back.

You can have all the speed in the world, but execution, consistency, and limiting mistakes is more important.
Relying on a few star athletes won't get you very far in the playoffs, it is the overall team play that makes the difference.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:12 PM
I haven't posted the speed thing on every D25 vs D26 thread, just the Wharton-Yoakum thread, and this one.

Both Wharton and Columbus had better overall team speed than Bellville this year.
I have only noticed that a couple of times in the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

The Caldwell kid from Columbus is a real burner, I heard his was out with an injury earlier this season, but I think he is back.

You can have all the speed in the world, but execution, consistency, and limiting mistakes is more important.
Relying on a few star athletes won't get you very far in the playoffs, it is the overall team play that makes the difference.

Totally agree with this statement. Best teams win in playoffs most times. Early rounds, could be exception. But, don't see that here. Gob's by two, 30-28.

Note: Columbus heading in right direction. We had no issue with their speed. But, we had issue holding the rock.

Snotbubbles
11-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Cuero by 11.

Old Green
11-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Less than an hour till game time. Good luck to both teams

gobbla4life
11-15-2013, 10:19 PM
35-0 Cuero 4:15 to go in the 3rd

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 10:42 PM
35-0 Cuero 4:15 to go in the 3rd

Damn this is a butt whipping.

44INAROW
11-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Damn this is a butt whipping.

👍🏉😛. 42-7 now. Beautiful night for it too. Love this weather.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Columbus started a bit slowly with a new coach and system and when they got rolling injuries to key players slowed them a bit in the middle of district play. They have a bunch of talent on that team and they are healthy again and confident in what they do. They are and will be the better team Friday night. Cards win by ten or more.

That is crazy , you think your team gonna win by 10 or more and you losing by 42 and game anit over yet. Just never know, right.

gobbla4life
11-15-2013, 11:00 PM
42-21 Cuero final , 2 late consolation TDs by Columbus. Cuero great ballgame on both sides of the ball!!

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
11-15-2013, 11:09 PM

After finally having time to read through the threads from this week, it looks like YOU are the one that keeps bringing up the D25/D26 pissing contest. Of course, I realize you were just baiting some of the guys and they didn't disappoint, they played along 😛🙈
Just an observation.

I'm seriously thinking about loading up and going to watch the Gonzales vs Bellville game tomorrow.

Good Luck and safe travels all....

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 11:35 PM
After finally having time to read through the threads from this week, it looks like YOU are the one that keeps bringing up the D25/D26 pissing contest. Of course, I realize you were just baiting some of the guys and they didn't disappoint, they played along ����
Just an observation.

I'm seriously thinking about loading up and going to watch the Gonzales vs Bellville game tomorrow.

Good Luck and safe travels all....

Well, they kind of deserved the baiting since from the beginning of last year, there has been a lot of "we are wonderful" talk from the D26'ers.

C'mon and watch the game tomorrow, should be a good one!

pacdaddy
11-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Well, they kind of deserved the baiting since from the beginning of last year, there has been a lot of "we are wonderful" talk from the D26'ers.

C'mon and watch the game tomorrow, should be a good one!

Make sure your there. We will not fold as easy.

Manso/V8
11-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Make sure your there. We will not fold as easy.

Well, I was planning on it.
Bring the cannon.

Scoop27
11-16-2013, 12:14 AM
This score was a shock

pacdaddy
11-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Well, I was planning on it.
Bring the cannon.

I believe the slogan states, "come and take it," not come and bring it.

regaleagle
11-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey....I voted for Cuero to win this one. About 2 minutes ago, haha. But really, I kinda felt like they might have a good showing tonite....just not this good. What a great way for the Gobblers to start the playoffs.

Manso/V8
11-16-2013, 12:47 AM
I believe the slogan states, "come and take it," not come and bring it.

OK, come and take it with you.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Congratulations to Cuero for a huge win. Way to represent D26. Gobblers totally dominated Columbus. Good luck the rest of the way.

D26 2
D25 1

No sweep this year.

Spursfan
11-16-2013, 01:55 AM
The Cuero High School Principal leading the GO MEAN GREEN chant!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9945266@N04/10881164254/#

Spursfan
11-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Pictures from the pep rally, tail gait party and pictures of the game!! Great job Gobblers and Fans!!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjMx5xi9

hookandladder
11-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Congrats Cuero on your dominating win over Columbus, that was a rude way to welcome back an Ex. D-26 coach to the playoffs. solid win, Good job.

bd62
11-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Great job Cuero.total team effort.Good luck next week against a very good Navarro team.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Nice win Gobs. Feed of this one and keep it rolling.

tango
11-16-2013, 09:53 PM
The D25 envy from the D26 posters is comical!

Y'all still got the red ass from the D25 sweep.

Round 1 of playoffs has ended guess recap is in order after all the chatter.