PDA

View Full Version : Celina Really

ynot
11-09-2013, 12:00 PM
With the #9 spot in the rankings I was sure the Battle of Denton and Collin county would be much closer of a game than the scoreboard indicated last night. I had the unique pleasure of watching the game on the ol Boob Tube. Folks Argyle is really really really good! but the Boys in Ctown were obviously put in a position to not be successful. 1 on def the bobcat dline dove at ankles which only helped Argyle get 30 yards a rush attempt whos idea was this I dont think it was any of the 11 that played, the adjustment? tackle the oline from Argyle that is great idea! The staff in Argyle Im sure is trying to figure out what Celina was trying to do because in reality they played 6 on 11 last time I checked the Dline cannnnnnnot make a tackle from their belly? I guess that must have worked against the teams in 2a 20 years ago. Im hopeing the boys in Orange can figure out a way to lose a few kids and move back down to 2a where that crap works. On offense Really! Really! Really! Really! I have no explaination to what we were doing or how it was gonna work othe than the inside handoff that broke loose a few times. Im not real sure if this high powered spread attack is Right for the Bobcats . I do believe the kids are having fun which is good but do we REALLY know what we are doing and comfortable in it? Looks like their is a big gap between the top tier teams and Celina and that gap is getting bigger by the day. Their are things that I see that are really good kids work hard, coaches treat the kids right, kids learn to be men. But it might be time for a blood transfusion into a program that needs it to regain the umph it once had I saw no umph from the sideline to the field last night!!!!!! Hello Playoffs

marler1972
11-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Well well the scum has surfaced again. I gave you my address back a month ago. Lol u never showed all talk u are.

defense51
11-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Well well the scum has surfaced again. I gave you my address back a month ago. Lol u never showed all talk u are.

Maybe this will help marler1972, he's gonna need the entire can.693

poisoned10
11-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Guess Celina forgot their neck rolls.

Sent from my iPhone

orange machine
11-09-2013, 05:12 PM
The neck rolls have disappeared.

5wide
11-09-2013, 06:08 PM
The ranking Celina has ( had ) was all about what Celina use to be. They beat Melissa by 4 and Perryton by 6!! And that's supposed to be impressive?? Perryton got beat by Bushland and Canadian by double digits. Celina won 28-22. Princeton just beat Melissa 45-35, Celina beat Melissa 32-29. Just because your 9-0 should not mean you belong in the top ten! The most overrated Celina team I've ever seen.

orange machine
11-09-2013, 06:25 PM
The ranking Celina has ( had ) was all about what Celina use to be. They beat Melissa by 4 and Perryton by 6!! And that's supposed to be impressive?? Perryton got beat by Bushland and Canadian by double digits. Celina won 28-22. Princeton just beat Melissa 45-35, Celina beat Melissa 32-29. Just because your 9-0 should not mean you belong in the top ten! The most overrated Celina team I've ever seen.

Sad thing is there is a ton of talent on this team but they have to be in a position to succeed. Lots of upset folks grumbling.

Beavis
11-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Did theyREALLY think they had a chance against Argyle? Didn't last year give them a clue what was going to happen??

orange machine
11-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Did theyREALLY think they had a chance against Argyle? Didn't last year give them a clue what was going to happen??
Getting beat is one thing getting beat by 50 points is unacceptable according to some of the more prominent Celina natives!

icu812
11-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Celina looked nothing like Celina of old. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Beavis
11-09-2013, 07:05 PM
I see your point, orange machine.

Bullaholic
11-09-2013, 07:54 PM
I think a liitle perspective is needed here. For many years in a row the Celina teams won it all. Setting the bar that high for so many seasons gave rise to great expectations every season from their fans and opponents alike. Why should the expectations for Celina remain higher over a longer period of time than for any other teams who have enjoyed multiple seasons of success? Even Mighty Casey of lore finally struck out....

bobcat1
11-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I thought the game would go about like it did. Argyle is just as special as the 2007 Bobcats were. When those teams like Stephenville, Carthage, Liberty Hill, Gilmer..... are special, they are real special. Not every town ever has those type teams. Once you have had the success of Celina, 9-1 regular seasons don't seem real great even to people like ynot. Just think ynot if you would have let your kid stay and play here in the position they wanted him to, instead of moving them to Deion's place, maybe he could have helped out.

Celina will be okay. After all they are Celina. No one else in the state has matched their history yet. History will still be written in Celina no matter what the ynot's of the world think.

orange machine
11-09-2013, 09:21 PM
I thought the game would go about like it did. Argyle is just as special as the 2007 Bobcats were. When those teams like Stephenville, Carthage, Liberty Hill, Gilmer..... are special, they are real special. Not every town ever has those type teams. Once you have had the success of Celina, 9-1 regular seasons don't seem real great even to people like ynot. Just think ynot if you would have let your kid stay and play here in the position they wanted him to, instead of moving them to Deion's place, maybe he could have helped out.

Celina will be okay. After all they are Celina. No one else in the state has matched their history yet. History will still be written in Celina no matter what the ynot's of the world think.

Bobcat I hope your right but something doesn't seem right in Bobcat land and more and more people are noticing it.

slingshot
11-09-2013, 09:24 PM
So ynot took his kid to Deion's overhyped school of athletically gifted underachieving misfits? 'Leigh-ooser... ':doh:

bobcat1
11-10-2013, 02:52 PM
So ynot took his kid to Deion's overhyped school of athletically gifted underachieving misfits? 'Leigh-ooser... ':doh:I agree

Keith7
11-10-2013, 10:17 PM
No worries. Celina will be one-and-done.

Bullaholic
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM

You better hope your Leopards don't look past Celina.

Keith7
11-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Celina is overrated as usual. Gainesville could "overlook" the bobcats and still win by two touchdowns.

Bosqueville
11-10-2013, 10:58 PM
There are a lot of teams in 3A that would trade places with Celina today!! Keep that in mind!!

Keith7
11-10-2013, 11:04 PM
There are a lot of teams in 3A that would trade places with Celina today!! Keep that in mind!!

They want to be one-and-done, too?

bobcat1
11-10-2013, 11:22 PM

Celina is overrated as usual. Gainesville could "overlook" the bobcats and still win by two touchdowns.

They want to be one-and-done, too? Well it's good you returned to form. Just wanted this on the record.