PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. Yoakum

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 03:59 AM
who is playing whom? I thought we had Columbus?

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 07:54 AM
You do YT. Yoakum goes D2 Winner and Cuero D2 Runner up. Wharton, as Winner, plays Cuero and Columbus, as Runner up, plays Yoakum. Both will be rematches of week 0. Good luck to the Bulldogs. I'll be pulling for yall even though I have great respect and admiration of Coaches Valastro and Cauthren. They have really turned the Cardinal program around and returning them to winning ways.

iFootball
11-09-2013, 08:23 AM
The Victoria Advocate reports Cuero playing Columbus and Yoakum playing Wharton

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 09:00 AM
The Victoria Advocate reports Cuero playing Columbus and Yoakum playing Wharton

They must be going on points then.
EC +16 goes D1 R
Wharton -12 goes D2 R
Columbus -4 goes D2 W

so then by points Yoakum gets Wharton and Cuero gets Columbus. Man that is not cool when head to head counts less than points but it happened to LG in 2009 staying home with a three way tie. At least they all get in.

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 09:46 AM
So is Wharton playing Cuero or Yoakum?

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:03 AM
So is Wharton playing Cuero or Yoakum?

I don't think D25 knows who finished where yet. Hell if we know. We are still waiting them to determine their finish and what they are using to determine standings. Come on D25. Announce your final district standings.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 11:11 AM
So, Sealy is out?

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:13 AM
So, Sealy is out?

Maybe not? Could be why D25 is holding up announcing final standings.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 11:16 AM

oh damn... talk about being on pins and needles.

tango
11-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Talked to one of Cuero's players this morning he said Cuero plays Columbus Friday in El Campo . Not sure how it came about that Cuero is W26 DII having lost head to head vs. Yoakum.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Talked to one of Cuero's players this morning he said Cuero plays Columbus Friday in El Campo . Not sure how it came about that Cuero is W26 DII having lost head to head vs. Yoakum.

Yoakum plays Wharton, Friday in Sealy. That's a pitiful field as I recall. (Didn't their own coach move the game vs. EC to EC) Guess Wharton won coin toss. And, I assume Victoria is booked Thursday, Friday, Saturday all day.

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Why would Wharton want to play in Sealy since that field is subject to be in terrible shape if it rains? They could play at Rice Consolidated in Altair or even Hallettsville has a nice stadium

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Why would Wharton want to play in Sealy since that field is subject to be in terrible shape if it rains? They could play at Rice Consolidated in Altair or even Hallettsville has a nice stadium

Dunno Scoop. But, I just heard we picked that place. And yes, another rain front is do here by then. I hate that field. They could of played in Victoria too. Just not on a Friday.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Yoakum plays Wharton, Friday in Sealy. That's a pitiful field as I recall. (Didn't their own coach move the game vs. EC to EC) Guess Wharton won coin toss. And, I assume Victoria is booked Thursday, Friday, Saturday all day.

If that were the case, they could have easily played at Waller, Brenham or Navasota. All within 30-40 min of Sealy.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:34 AM
They could have easily played at Brenham or Navasota. Both within 30-40 min of Sealy.

I think I would of took any field turf field in Hou area over Sealy. Hell, what's another 45 min drive.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 11:37 AM
I think I would of took any field turf field in Hou area over Sealy. Hell, what's another 45 min drive.

True.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2013, 11:38 AM

Same scenario in district 30, Sinton beat Orange Grove but since district 30 finished in a 3 way it was decided by points for final standings and not head to head betwenn Sinton and Orange Grove. Orange Grove goes in D2W, Sinton D2R

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Even Traylor Stadium in Rosenberg

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Even Traylor Stadium in Rosenberg
Is that field turf?

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 11:50 AM
yes it is

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe all the field turf stadiums are booked this coming Friday? Dunno. Or, if both coaches wanted a grass location, I agree, something other than that Sealy field would of been better. When their own head coach moves his home game to his opponents place for a big district game, that tells ya something about his field. LOL.

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 12:11 PM
They even could have played at Brenham

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 12:15 PM
It don't matter I guess. Hell, play it in Smithville. Our kid's were raised playing youth ball on gravel anyways. I just fear the rain prior to the coldest front of season coming by Friday and messing that grass field up again. Especially when grass fields are already dying out.

whitelightning5
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM

With Sealy losing to Bellville and Columbus beating EC, Sealy doesn't make it in. They have 3 district losses. EC, Columbus, and Wharton all have 2.

bd62
11-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Same scenario in district 30, Sinton beat Orange Grove but since district 30 finished in a 3 way it was decided by points for final standings and not head to head betwenn Sinton and Orange Grove. Orange Grove goes in D2W, Sinton D2R

I sure Yoakum was top seed D2. I think due to some kind of point system
In D25 Wharton was 2nd seed D2 and Columbus was Top seed.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Man, Wharton looks damn good. Gonna take all we got here. And, they are rested, with the bye week.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Bye weeks can work both ways YT. Better to keep that edge going after beating Giddings.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Bye weeks can work both ways YT. Better to keep that edge going after beating Giddings.

Depends. Player conditions.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 07:44 PM
My observation is that a bye hurts the team going into a big game. Of course if there are injuries or grade issues it can help. I think keeping the edge on going into the playoffs is critical to a team's success. With greater talent to face each week there is no room for slumps. Right now Yoakum is playing real good football and they need to roll that into this next week's game to get the win.

cards4me
11-09-2013, 09:06 PM
My observation is that a bye hurts the team going into a big game. Of course if there are injuries or grade issues it can help. I think keeping the edge on going into the playoffs is critical to a team's success. With greater talent to face each week there is no room for slumps. Right now Yoakum is playing real good football and they need to roll that into this next week's game to get the win.

I think Wharton has been open the week prior to the playoffs the last 2 years . They have won the 1st round game both times . It may be in their favor because it allows them to work some JV kids into the mix. Also helps when you have minor injuries. Yoakum will be a tough opponent . The Tigers need to be ready to play, if so they should win this one.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 10:26 PM
it allows them to work some JV kids into the mix. Also helps when you have minor injuries.
My take too on getting a bye heading into playoffs. This will be a monster task before us. Wharton is fast. As was Giddings. Just keep them in front of ya, and it's possible. We need some of this type "D" to contain them wheels.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=183543&TeamID=217&SearchType=Teams

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Tigers will need to play better defense than they did against Royal two weeks ago

maestro
11-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Tigers will need to play better defense than they did against Royal two weeks ago

And have a better rushing effort.

WhartonTigers
11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Royal put up alot of points 2 weeks ago, hopefully the boys will come out and play all 4 quarters. Does yoakum have that QB that ran a 90 yd touchdown last year? Im expecting a fast pace high scoring game on both sides..

Scoop27
11-11-2013, 09:58 AM
http://www.961kiox.com/
http://texasthunderradio.com/

buff4ever
11-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Yoakum can win this game, Yoakum could actually be pretty hard to stop if they add discipline to their already good mix. They have good size and athletic ability, and enough of it, that it is hard to stop if they don't stop themselves.

bd62
11-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Yoakum can win this game, Yoakum could actually be pretty hard to stop if they add discipline to their already good mix. They have good size and athletic ability, and enough of it, that it is hard to stop if they don't stop themselves.

You are right Buff. When they played Cuero they were near perfect and
must have played Giddings really well. I saw Giddings against Cuero and
they had a really good defense. Yoakum scoring 42 points on Giddings was
Impressive. Wharton will be a tough team to beat but if Yoakum plays like
they did last Friday they can Beat them

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Does yoakum have that QB that ran a 90 yd touchdown last year? Im expecting a fast pace high scoring game on both sides..

Yup, Tre' Hights -- is a junior this year. Ya'll have a good one too at the helm I see. That world class speed your team has in amazing WT.

44INAROW
11-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I think the Bulldogs take this game.. It should be close in the 1st half with the dogs pulling away in the 3rd.. 38-12.. If there is a turd-floater on Friday and too wet for the Sealy field..- maybe Gobbler Stadium will be available on Saturday - I'd like to see the game :)

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 12:16 PM

Yoakum is in the same shoes as last year, if they can take care of the ball this year. Yoakum's wins.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I think the Bulldogs take this game.. It should be close in the 1st half with the dogs pulling away in the 3rd.. 38-12.. If there is a turd-floater on Friday and too wet for the Sealy field..- maybe Gobbler Stadium will be available on Saturday - I'd like to see the game :)

Me to 44. Love to see this one in Cuero myself. Ya'll got a great gem going on over there with your stadium upgrades (even more coming I see in seating, new locker rooms) and securing these playoff games. Good promoting by CISD. Now, like I said, give great service to the fan's, and you'll all but take them away from Victoria. I loved VM Stadium for viewing, but dreaded the customer service they provided. It all started when you entered the parking lot, and down hill from there. You could tell the workers were not happy working that night. Be like Sinton. Now, you talking about feeling at home when you play there. Don't get any better than how Sinton treats ya as a fan. With all the turf fields going in, you better provide something extra to get these games. Good job Cuero.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Yoakum is in the same shoes as last year, if they can take care of the ball this year. Yoakum's wins.

Been that way all year. We've fumbled 31 times this year in 9 games. They protect it, they can play with anyone.

Scoop27
11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
One of Wharton's weak points is snapping the ball and has several procedure penalties. They have a good field goal kicker who was 3-3 against Royal.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 01:27 PM
One of Wharton's weak points is snapping the ball

We did a great job of this versus Giddings. Hopefully we carry it over? I think the game will be decided on special teams. Wharton has some fast rushers on punts. Can't lolly-gag getting it off. And, Tigers even faster returning kicks/punts.

maestro
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
One of Wharton's weak points is snapping the ball and has several procedure penalties. They have a good field goal kicker who was 3-3 against Royal.

That's TWO scoop

Haha

But yes mental mistakes must be fixed.

Ok scoop....who wins....Bulldogs or Tigers??

Scoop27
11-11-2013, 10:17 PM
I think were in dire need of a Friday off after 12 straight weeks of playing including scrimmages. They will be well rested and ready to play.

WhartonTigers
11-12-2013, 09:34 AM
I think were in dire need of a Friday off after 12 straight weeks of playing including scrimmages. They will be well rested and ready to play.

I agree this bye week for week 10 will help the Rb's with there bumps and bruises...

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 09:39 AM
I still think a week off before playoffs dulls the team's edge. Yoakum is playing well now and coming off a big win over Giddings and has the momentum going into this game. That is going to be a factor.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
This will be a great game. On a playing surface both teams like.

WhartonTigers
11-12-2013, 09:42 AM
It helped us tremendously last year, and the year before... seems like its working for us.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 09:51 AM
It helped us tremendously last year, and the year before... seems like its working for us.

Some teams do good with a late bye. Especially in a district in which they slugged it out each week. As it appeared Wharton did in a tough D25 schedule. We too slugged it out, and luckily made it through D26 without sustaining any injury. So, for us, it's our benefit to continue on without a rest week. Two weeks a long time off at this point. But, I agree---it's a blessing if you had injury's. Good luck to your Tigers WT. Amazing all that speed ya'll have. Video man can't even keep up with them I've noticed. :eek: Just blurs at times.:wave: Hope our slow boy's can keep up? Not sure who is faster. Ya'll or Giddings?

WhartonTigers
11-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Some teams do good with a late bye. Especially in a district in which they slugged it out each week. As it appeared Wharton did in a tough D25 schedule. We too slugged it out, and luckily made it through D26 without sustaining any injury. So, for us, it's our benefit to continue on without a rest week. Two weeks a long time off at this point. But, I agree---it's a blessing if you had injury's. Good luck to your Tigers WT. Amazing all that speed ya'll have. Video man can't even keep up with them I've noticed. :eek: Just blurs at times.:wave: Hope our slow boy's can keep up? Not sure who is faster. Ya'll or Giddings?

This should be a great game....

WhartonTigers
11-12-2013, 11:02 AM
How well do you guys travel YT?

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
How well do you guys travel YT?

Not well. Can't even travel to Bulldog Stadium.:crying: Crickets heard. We play better on the road.

WhartonTigers
11-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Oh okay cool

Manso/V8
11-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Wharton is fast. As was Giddings. Just keep them in front of ya, and it's possible. We need some of this type "D" to contain them wheels.

Wharton is a lot faster than Giddings.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Wharton is a lot faster than Giddings.

I think so too. Love how that OL stands straight up at snap too. Is that so those blazing backs can see the holes? Or, just get them hog's out of their way?

hookandladder
11-12-2013, 12:43 PM
I think so too. Love how that OL stands straight up at snap too. Is that so those blazing backs can see the holes? Or, just get them hog's out of their way?

That funny right there.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Poor Dogs. How we gonna stop that Tiger speed? We so slow, in a race against a pregnant lady, we'd finish third.:wave:

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Dogs all the way in this one !

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Trust me , Yoakum isn't slow ! And there QB , can take it to the house at any time. I watched Cuero play Wharton , and the do have speed. Outside LaGrange , Yoakum is the best team we've played , don't let there record fool ya , cause they will make you pay.

cards4me
11-12-2013, 03:07 PM

I think they need to buy a ticket to get into the game. Everybody else that is there to watch has to pay. They better block somebody or they will be disappointed . Yoakum has some good players back from last year. The Tigers better GATA if they want to win.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Odd team we have this year. Dog's a different team on the road. They thrive as being given no chance or as underdogs. Love to hush the opposite stands. This is an odd team to figure out. But, it's also the most talented we've had in decades that I've seen in person. They want it, they can obtain it, with that talent. Next 3 or 4 year's, Yoakum will be in great shape.

WT's world class speed really concerns us though. Some teams have one or two burners, heck---I think Wharton has about ten. Does ya'lls entire sprint relay teams, play football too?

maestro
11-12-2013, 04:34 PM
The comments about the Tiger OL may explain why their rushing game has gone in the crapper lately. Their OL cannot drive anyone off the LOS.

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 11:08 PM
I like Yoakum in this one !
My take
35-25 Dogs

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Yoakum by couple of touchdowns.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 08:13 AM
I have a feeling the Bulldogs will be hard to beat in this game. They have enough talent and motivation to win. Execution and precision will be the determining factors. They will put up plenty of points and their defense should get the needed stops to put the Tigers away.

YTBulldogs
11-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Yoakum by couple of touchdowns.

Not so fast my Pirate friend. You are fully aware of Tiger speedster's WR Usain Bolt, WR Tyson Gay, RB Maurice Greene, QB Leroy Burrell?

Apache91
11-13-2013, 08:37 AM
YT.. Saturday at Gobbler field is the CYFL Super bowl games. Gonna be an exciting day for the youngsters of the surrounding areas.
First game starts at 11.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 08:37 AM
:spitlol:

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Haven't seen Wharton Tiger is a while. What's up with that?

WhartonTigers
11-13-2013, 09:10 AM
After last years playoff game i knew that Yoakum would be better this year. I havent seen much film on them but from what i hear the Qb is their GO TO GUY... is this true??

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes, Tre' Hights is the Bulldog qb and he is very dangerous on the run or in busted plays. He has a decent arm and some good receivers to keep the mix fairly balanced. They have another big rb also named Hights #10 who is a hoss and gets the ball a lot. In our game there were few penalties and only one turnover for Yoakum iirc. Their defense needs to step it up a notch or two to beat Wharton but that is possible.

Scoop27
11-13-2013, 10:56 AM
For Wharton it will come down to how coach Tim Finn's mental preparation for Yoakum

GU_81
11-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Both teams beat Cuero, one impressively, the other not so much. I was impressed by Yoakum, the other not so much. Yoakum 31-20.

Scoop27
11-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Tigers will put up at least 28 points if not 35

maestro
11-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Scoop
You must have the scoop
I hope you're right
I do not see wharton's offense lately able to do that

Now, some special teams and defensive touchdowns could spark.

I just do not see it

WhartonTigers
11-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Both teams beat Cuero, one impressively, the other not so much. I was impressed by Yoakum, the other not so much. Yoakum 31-20.

Cuero was our first game of the season. first varsity snap for our QB Krenek, he has come along way since then.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Cuero was our first game of the season. first varsity snap for our QB Krenek, he has come along way since then.

Yeah, and the Yoakum team stood suspended in time for 10 weeks just waiting to play in the playoffs? Every playoff team improves over the course of the regular season. Fact is Yoakum has improved greatly especially sense they got their 5 injured starters back who were out since week 0. Wharton will be in a dog fight Friday night.

gobbla4life
11-13-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't make excuses , and Yoakum is our biggest rival. We could say we weren't into the , or flat , and that looked to be true. But the bottom line is , if you sleep or think Yoakum is a fluke , go ahead , cause they will make you pay. Good luck dogs!!!

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Wharton is a lot faster than Yoakum.

WhartonTigers
11-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Has there been any rain in Sealy? Lord knows we dont need it to rain before tomorrow night. That field would be horrible

Pudlugger
11-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't say a lot faster. Faster maybe but the Bulldogs are a fast team. Does Wharton have a big power running back? Yoakum's #10 is a hoss and will drag tacklers 5 or 6 yards unless they hit low and wrap up.

WhartonTigers
11-14-2013, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't say a lot faster. Faster maybe but the Bulldogs are a fast team. Does Wharton have a big power running back? Yoakum's #10 is a hoss and will drag tacklers 5 or 6 yards unless they hit low and wrap up.

all 3 Rbs are speed backs, that will take it to the house in a eye blink, our soph. back Dontre Elliott is a little guy that runs very very hard. But no big power backs. If yoakum is not a good open field tackling team, then Wharton can have some success at running the ball.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Has there been any rain in Sealy? Lord knows we dont need it to rain before tomorrow night. That field would be horrible

It's in perfect shape WT. Should be a great game. Good luck and safe travels my friend.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2013, 09:21 AM

Yup. Amazing. Even their water boy's are fast. Where they get all them wheels from?

WhartonTigers
11-14-2013, 09:22 AM
same to you YT

Pudlugger
11-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Tre'Vonte Hights also plays safety on D. He made several td saving open field tackles against our fastest backs. He is a player.

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 09:51 AM

Would you say Wharton is faster then Bellville.

Scoop27
11-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Wharton vs. Yoakum (at Sealy)

The Tigers are making their third straight appearance in the state playoffs, including the last two years under Coach Tim Finn.

Wharton will also be seeing a familiar face in the Yoakum Bulldogs. The two teams met in the same bi-district round last year, with the Tigers taking a 48-34 win.

A few weeks ago, Coach Tim Finn was asked off the record who he would rather play, Cuero, a team they beat in the first game of the season, or Yoakum.

His response then, as it was this week, was the same.

“We’re just excited to be playing,” Finn said.

Last year, the Bulldogs used a two-quarterback system. Both are back this year, but only one is mainly seeing action as the team’s signal-caller, junior Tre’vontae Hights.

“He was the regional champion in the triple jump,” Finn said. “He’s a very good athlete. He’s more of a running threat, but he’s also a good passer.”

The other quarterback, Chase Hermes, is now playing at linebacker and also sees time at tight end on offense, Finn said.

“He’s a good player,” Finn said.

Finn said the Bulldogs are similar to the Tigers.

“They lost a few offensive linemen from last year like us,” Finn said.

Finn said the Bulldogs have a “very explosive football team. They demonstrated their big play ability last year,” he added.

The Tigers were up 28-0 at one point.

“They got back in the game with some big play TDs,” Finn said.

The Tigers enter the game with an 8-2 record, equaling the number of wins as last year. At one time, Wharton had a school record-tying seven straight wins.

Yoakum enters the game with a 4-5 record.

The winner of the game will face the La Vernia-Wimberley winner in the area round of the playoffs next week.

WhartonTigers
11-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Just Found out that our starting Defensive Tackle/End #73 Jalynn Haynes has broke his leg. He is a freshman that is 6'2 270 and is the anchor of our front 3. Sad news for the tigers but suck it up and keep moving on.

Pudlugger
11-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope he heals up just fine. He'll have three more years to contribute.

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Just Found out that our starting Defensive Tackle/End #73 Jalynn Haynes has broke his leg. He is a freshman that is 6'2 270 and is the anchor of our front 3. Sad news for the tigers but suck it up and keep moving on.

hate to hear that but D25 STILL WINS tIGERS BY 10

maestro
11-14-2013, 11:03 PM

How???

Darn

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Would you say Wharton is faster then Bellville.

Yes, overall team speed, Wharton is faster than Bellville.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Yes, overall team speed, Wharton is faster than Bellville.

Yes, Wharton is the fastest team ever. It's like they work out all year at a gym on this or something.

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Yes, Wharton is the fastest team ever. It's like they work out all year at a gym on this or something.

I am pretty sure it is mostly genetic, and they are not the fastest team ever.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 09:22 AM

:spitlol: YT your a funny guy.

Good luck to the Bulldogs tonight. Yoakum by 7+

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 09:37 AM
How???

Darn

Sadly playing around before school and went up and dunked the ball and fell wrong...Coach Finn was very upset....

44INAROW
11-15-2013, 09:38 AM

I have nothing to contribute to the continued who's the faster chatter .... but when I read this, it reminded me of the Track Meets back in 2005, 2006 and 2007 - the Wharton track team would show up covered head to toe (literally) in Red, White and Blue under-armour - long sleeves and all - matching track shoes.. looking sharp as tacks......... We'd joke that they'd win the Fashion category for sure :hijacktd::crazy1:

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 09:55 AM
I have nothing to contribute to the continued who's the faster chatter .... but when I read this, it reminded me of the Track Meets back in 2005, 2006 and 2007 - the Wharton track team would show up covered head to toe (literally) in Red, White and Blue under-armour - long sleeves and all - matching track shoes.. looking sharp as tacks......... We'd joke that they'd win the Fashion category for sure :hijacktd::crazy1:

those were the days man i remember running against Stephen Hargrave and Brandon James.... Cuero and Wharton used to go at it especially in the relays. Stephen had the 100 sowed up and Brandon would easily win the 200 by 20 meters or more JOGGING. did they ever go run at the next level?

maestro
11-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Sadly playing around before school and went up and dunked the ball and fell wrong...Coach Finn was very upset....

First of all
A def lineman over 200 lbs dunking???

Secondly, somewhere there is a basketball coach at whs hiding under his desk from Finn I will bet

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:04 AM
and they are not the fastest team ever.

Fastest team we've ever faced is what I meant to say. Hopefully we can hear them backs, cause not sure we can see them?

Sorry to hear about that OL kid breaking his leg. Best wishes to him.

maestro
11-15-2013, 10:04 AM
For Wharton it will come down to how coach Tim Finn's mental preparation for Yoakum

What the heck does this mean scoop??

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:07 AM
What the heck does this mean scoop??

LOL.:vrycnfsd:

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Yoakum's coach used a physic in preparing. I think her name was Miss Cleo. Kid's were seen holding candles, chicken feet scattered about and feathers in their helmets, prior to practice this week. Odd things going on before to this re-match. Guess whatever edge you need. When I seen them running the bone a few series, I departed. It's getting scary.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 10:23 AM
First of all
A def lineman over 200 lbs dunking???

Secondly, somewhere there is a basketball coach at whs hiding under his desk from Finn I will bet

Yes sir he can dunk he is not the typical slow DL lol he runs a legit 4.8 4.9. And the basketball coach wasnt in there he was with some of his friends just playing around before school. BEING A FRESHMAN and not really knowing the importance of being a starter on varsity in the playoffs. Hopefully its lesson learned to all of the athletes.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Fastest team we've ever faced is what I meant to say. Hopefully we can hear them backs, cause not sure we can see them?

Sorry to hear about that OL kid breaking his leg. Best wishes to him.

IDK if you are being funny or not YT. but you LITERALLY wont be able to see #2 DOntre Elliot he is about 5'5 at the most but runs like he is 6'2. he loves to hid through the holes and then off to the trackmeet he goes.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:40 AM
I've seen how that kid (#2) hits the holes and how the OL all stands up after the snap so he get's a good vision of that hole. Never seen a line block like that before, but--it's clear it works for ya'll. I'm dead serious in regards to ya'll being the fastest team we've ever faced. Gotta keep them in front of us. But, after seeing EC last night, and knowing they held ya'll to just 65 yards of offense, I'm liking our chances more and more. Cause, we for sure are faster than EC.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I've seen how that kid hits the holes and how the OL all stands up after the snap so he get's a good vision of that hole. Never seen a line block like that before, but--it's clear it works for ya'll. I'm dead serious in regards to ya'll being the fastest team we've ever faced. Gotta keep them in front of us. But, after seeing EC last night, and knowing they held ya'll to just 65 yards of offense, I'm liking our chances more and more. Cause, we for sure are faster than EC.
That wasnt the EC we faced..

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:44 AM
That wasnt the EC we faced..

You think they got fat during the month or so, they played ya'll?

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 10:48 AM
You think they got fat during the month or so, they played ya'll?

oh okay

Dog_e_styl
11-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Here's the facts:

WT is not as good as last year. As Obama would say, period.
Ykm is better than last year. Period.
EC defense held WT to just over 50 total yards. Amazing.
EC last night was sloooowwwwww.
Ykm D will swarm like killer bee's, much faster than EC. (Only thing I agree with YT about all year. I noticed it too last night).

Let's end this BS in regards to speed. We match up well in that department. PERIOD.

I see us scoring over 30, and I just can't see Wharton scoring. I'm sure they will, we usually give up some freebe's. But, they will not drive it on our D especially if they couldn't against a slower EC defense.

There. PERIOD!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:55 AM
I see it closer Dog. But, you've got more right than I this year. I'll stick with my regular 28-27 prediction.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Here's the facts:

WT is not as good as last year. As Obama would say, period.
Ykm is better than last year. Period.
EC defense held WT to just over 50 total yards. Amazing.
EC last night was sloooowwwwww.
Ykm D will swarm like killer bee's, much faster than EC. (Only thing I agree with YT about all year. I noticed it too last night).

Let's end this BS in regards to speed. We match up well in that department. PERIOD.

I see us scoring over 30, and I just can't see Wharton scoring. I'm sure they will, we usually give up some freebe's. But, they will not drive it on our D especially if they couldn't against a slower EC defense.

There. PERIOD!!!!

Lets get this straight EC would murder yoakum, you are comparing our one bad game to your entire season. you might wanna go relook at the youtube videos and see just how good we are. that was our first and only game under 100 yds rushing. IT WONT HAPPEN TONIGHT. Please be reminded that all 4 receivers are back from last year. Unless you can play man and put 7 or 8 in the box, i suggest you keep the comments until after tonight.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Another word of advice is kick the ball AWAY from #5 Leeshod Oneil

pacdaddy
11-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Another word of advice is kick the ball AWAY from #5 Leeshod Oneil

Why, will he fumble the ball:taunt:

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I agree. Kick the ball in the stands. As I said, this WT team is soooo freaking fast, it's amazing the big ol'monster RiceBirds were able to stop ya'll.. But, after last night, gives me some hope we can play with Wharton. Can't let them get the corner, that much I know.

Not sure I'd kick the ball to our guys either. We are a few 1/10ths slower, but can move. If we can block #22, I like our chances getting some nice returns ourselves. #22 is a beast on special teams.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:05 PM

:clap:

maestro
11-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I agree. Kick the ball in the stands. As I said, this WT team is soooo freaking fast, it's amazing the big ol'monster RiceBirds were able to stop ya'll.. But, after last night, gives me some hope we can play with Wharton. Can't let them get the corner, that much I know.

Not sure I'd kick the ball to our guys either. We are a few 1/10ths slower, but can move. If we can block #22, I like our chances getting some nice returns ourselves. #22 is a beast on special teams.

I think it's a case of district rivals knowing what each other wants to do offensively.
EC coaches have seen whs spread so much that it is second nature to stop it.
Yoakum containing the corners on run defense would be a good start.
Wharton Tiger suggested man coverage and 7-8 in box as if it were a bad thing.
I will pull for whs tonight but I just cannot get out of my mind that whs had no answer to EC containment defense and ROYAL keeping them out of the end zone first half in the red zone.
Rush 7 or 8
Only five OL plus a back
EC and Royal were not scared of the deep ball cause they basically said whs qb won't have time to set his feet.
Yoakum might want to think about letting their qb go for 40 plus carries.
Heck, ride that thoroughbred and see what happens.
Darn, I write as good as scoop. Haha

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 01:21 PM
I think it's a case of district rivals knowing what each other wants to do offensively.
I will pull for whs tonight but I just cannot get out of my mind that whs had no answer to EC containment defense and ROYAL keeping them out of the end zone first half in the red zone.
Rush 7 or 8
Only five OL plus a back
EC and Royal were not scared of the deep ball cause they basically said whs qb won't have time to set his feet.
Darn, I write as good as scoop. Haha
Scoop Jr. LOL. Good stuff regardless. Both teams will be prepared. Great night for ball too. GATA Dogs!!!!

bd62
11-15-2013, 01:37 PM
It would be a big mistake for Yoakum to take the results of Lagrange-ElCampo game and compare that to the the game with Wharton. Wharton is 8-2 for a reason . They are a good Ballclub. Yoakum is 4-5 for a reason. They are not consistent week to week. They can beat Wharton but they better bring there A game and don't have turnovers that have kill them in some of there games. IMO this will be the best game of the 253A- 263A matchups .

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 02:05 PM

Yeha after he has walked into the endzone..

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 02:15 PM
It would be a big mistake for Yoakum to take the results of Lagrange-ElCampo game and compare that to the the game with Wharton. Wharton is 8-2 for a reason . They are a good Ballclub. Yoakum is 4-5 for a reason. They are not consistent week to week. They can beat Wharton but they better bring there A game and don't have turnovers that have kill them in some of there games. IMO this will be the best game of the 253A- 263A matchups .

They will be tough bd. We have not faced a OL that executes like WT does. That could take some time to get use too. We practiced against it, but--our kid's had trouble trying to be like Whartons. I think Wharton needs to bring their A game as well. Should be a good one. Very good.:clap:

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=maestro;1782915]I think it's a case of district rivals knowing what each other wants to do offensively.
Rush 7 or 8
Only five OL plus a back
Darn, I write as good as scoop. Haha[/QUOTE

incorrectly stated from a guy who wasnt even at the games.. If you didnt know 1. Elliot had 3 rushing touchdowns in the first half, so why throw the ball? 2. we burnt ROYAL 5 times by 15yds plus and dropped 5 walk in touchdowns alone in the first quarter. Our OC kept running the play just to see if #24 Bell would make the play he didnt so we put another receiver there and caught the pass. that means nothing on tonight just dont say that royal kept us out of the endzone in the redzone because they didnt we had dumb penalties that kept ourselves out.

bd62
11-15-2013, 02:23 PM
YT are you going to be able to make this one or do you have to do your thing. I plan on making this game because I think it will be a thriller. Cuero-Columbus ought to be good also.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm going to try and make this game YT. This should be an exciting match. Go Bulldogs!

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 02:28 PM
For a team with a losing record you guys are really confident.

Texas Forever
11-15-2013, 02:35 PM
The LG-EC game means nothing for tonight's game. Columbus beat EC and Bellville, yet lost to both Wharton and Sealy. Explain that one. Every team matches up differently, and anything can happen on a given night. Should be a great game. Go Tigers!

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 02:43 PM
The LG-EC game means nothing for tonight's game. Columbus beat EC and Bellville, yet lost to both Wharton and Sealy. Explain that one. Every team matches up differently, and anything can happen on a given night. Should be a great game. Go Tigers!

not to mention columbus beat Yoakum also but as TF said regular season doesnt matter.. Whoever shows up to play tonight for all 4 quarters will win. Good Luck BULLDOGS SEE YA IN SEALY

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 02:57 PM
For a team with a losing record you guys are really confident.

That's cause we know why we have a losing record. Split milk. Injury don't mean nothing, ask the EC posters. And, your dead on, regular seasons means zippo. Gotta be confident, or your a loser before ya start.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Wharton up 14-6

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Correction 21 -7 wharton

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 09:18 PM
This is the problem with Yoakum, you just never know which team going to show up. They seem to play their worse at the wrong time every year, gonna be a long way to come back now.

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 09:19 PM
This is the problem with Yoakum, you just never know which team going to show up. They seem to play their worse at the wrong time every year, gonna be a long way to come back now.

It is 28-14 with about 9 mins left in the 2nd.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 09:22 PM
It is 28-14 with about 9 mins left in the 2nd.

Not counting them out , just stating the fact they are a team with a lot of ups and downs. Looks like this going to be a high scoring game, a track meet.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 09:30 PM
35 14

44INAROW
11-15-2013, 09:42 PM
I agree Hook. Yoakum tore us a new one and we played Wharton damn close. Obviously not the same Bulldog team tonight, at least in the 1st half. Hopefully they get it together at half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Tigers score again.

Wharton 42
Yoakum 21 6:51 3rd

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 10:52 PM
42-28

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 11:07 PM
49-35 barnburner

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Wharton 56
Yoakum 35

Final

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Great game yoakum Wharton speed just a little too much. Looking foward to la vernia..

bd62
11-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Good luck to Wharton rest of playoffs.Class bunch of coaches and kids. Hope Tre Heights was not seriously injuried.Did not look good. Great kid who had a super year.

44INAROW
11-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Good luck to Wharton rest of playoffs.Class bunch of coaches and kids. Hope Tre Heights was not seriously injuried.Did not look good. Great kid who had a super year.

I hadn't heard Tre Heights was injured 😟 sure hope it's not serious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Congratulations to Wharton for a decisive win over a determined Bulldog team. Wharton does have plenty of speed beating the Yoakum defensive backs three times on deep routes for tds. Krenek was impressive with a very accurate arm. Yoakum couldn't mount a consistent running game to control the clock and gave Wharton too many possessions and the result was a high scoring game of catch up. A blocked punt and a fumble returned for 2 easy tds sunk the Bulldogs early. Tre Hights hurt his left knee and was carried off the field and into the locker room on the gator. It didn't look good. Hermes came in and led the Bulldogs on a comeback attempt getting 2 scores but the Wharton offense just matched them and won by 21 same as in the first half. Good luck to the Tigers next week. Yoakum played with plenty of heart but just couldn't put it all together. No reason to hang you heads Bulldogs you played with class and never gave up.

WhartonTigers
11-16-2013, 03:13 AM
That's TWO scoop

Haha

But yes mental mistakes must be fixed.

Ok scoop....who wins....Bulldogs or Tigers??

I hope he has a full recovery... Excellent triple jumper

hookandladder
11-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Congrats to Wharton on the win, Yoakum had to play to much catchup ball again. I look for Wharton to make a good run in Region 4 just like all our first round winners, Congrats Yoakum on making the playoffs.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Have not seen the game yet, but---Wharton sounded like they did a great job. Congrats on the big win. Go get 'em WT.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Hope Tre Heights was not seriously injuried.Did not look good. Great kid who had a super year.

Ankle. Wasn't good I heard this morning.:(

cards4me
11-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Ankle. Wasn't good I heard this morning.:(

Yoakum had some very good football players with a lot of speed. Yoakum has a good football team, they just do not run the spread offense as well as Wharton does. If they were playing under Wharton's system they would be hard to deal with. I was really impressed with Yoakum's kids. Good luck to the Tigers next week.

Scoop27
11-16-2013, 01:29 PM
http://www.journal-spectator.com/sports/article_19c04d4e-4ee8-11e3-a735-001a4bcf887a.html