PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales VS Bellville

Pages : [1] 2

pacdaddy
11-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Here we go bottom seed of D1, but still on the boat. Bellville will be a real tough opponent. I have faith that the tribe can shake off the loss to SV and give Bellville a run for there money. Let's start the Vote. Who will advance?

maestro
11-09-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm afraid that the tribe has soiled themselves.

Bad deal playing Bellville, the class and strength of the district.

Last year your smith vile mess screwed Lagrange.

This year, you get your own mess.

Smith vile???

Again????

whitelightning5
11-09-2013, 09:19 AM

Smith vile???

Again????

We had some interesting finishes in our District 25 too. Columbus beating EC kept Sealy out and sent us into D1. I guess that's why we play the game.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 12:01 PM
when and where is this one? Bastrop would be a fine place for this one.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Bulls win!

Where is this game?

pacdaddy
11-09-2013, 12:08 PM

Smith vile???

Again????

It might be a mess in your opinion, but for us we are going to show up ready to play some damn good football and Bellville better be ready and make sure not to take us lightly, because we are going to come painted up ready to play some smash mouth football.

bd62
11-09-2013, 12:12 PM
It might be a mess in your opinion, but for us we are going to show up ready to play some damn good football and Bellville better be ready and make sure not to take us lightly, because we are going to come painted up ready to play some smash mouth football.

How in the hell did Smithville beat you in Gonzales. That's is terrible.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Smithville has a D1 athlete in their Qb and plenty of speed. They just lacked a decent defense and o line. They apparently got their act together and caught Gonzales snoozing again. Fool me once...

BB BULLS
11-09-2013, 12:39 PM
i heard this game will be saturday at 6:00 in brenham. can anyone verify

Gontex
11-09-2013, 01:02 PM

Sounds like Gonzales just didn't show up to play the game. Tribe had 4 to's. Who are you going to beat laying the ball on the ground? Apaches lost a big time starter (D J Gonzales) against Yoakum. Can't afford to lose those two way starters when depth is an issue. No excuses tho, Smithville wanted it more and just took the game when it was on the line.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Obviously with Bellville rolling like a BMW 700 series out for a spin on the Autobahn since their lapse in Columbus and Gonzales sputtering like a 1978 AMC Gremlin it will be a steep hill for the Apaches to climb. I think the Apaches never really recovered as a team after the Leps rolled in to Apache Stadium for the opening of district play. They have so much talent and good size I think it is a matter of heart, that intangible elusive quality that forges a group of guys into a solid unit. Bellville ozzes it and Gonzales is still trying to acquire a little. This looks real bad for the Apaches. They need a good sit down with their senior leadership and talk it over. Are they going to put together a 48 minute tight effort or putz around and lose big? Bellville put it together and manned up after the upset in Columbus and went on to win all their remaining games. That shows character. Can Gonzales resurrect their winning ways or will they go quietly into the night? That is the question I have for them. I will withhold any prediction on this one following my dear departed mother's advice " if you can't say something nice about someone...."

pacdaddy
11-09-2013, 01:15 PM

We had about three or more turnovers and offense could not sustain any blocks. D played very well. At least I can say that a ref got a pic on one of our defenders while trying to cover a td pass that could of been deflected very easy and could of been the difference in the game. Not saying that is why we lost, but we should of played a lot better then how we did. There should have not been any excuses. We will have to put our heads back together and not worry about this lost and get ready for a damn good team. Does anybody know where we are having our game?

pacdaddy
11-09-2013, 02:09 PM
The game will be at Brenham high school
Sat. November 16,2013
At 6:00 pm

hookandladder
11-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I am still not sold on Bellville being that good of a team, Gonzales definitely took a step backwards against Smithville. This game all depends on which team shows up for Gonzales, if the team shows up that lost to Smithville it will be a long night for the Apaches. Still have to think about this game as far as the winner.

bigcat8
11-09-2013, 03:20 PM
You have posted several times reguarding the talent level of the Apaches. I have seen every team in 26AAA play several times and I would have to disagree with you. I rank the talent level of this district in the order. 1 LaGrange 2.Yoakum 3.Cuero 4.Giddings 5. Gonzales 6. Smithville.
Obviously with Bellville rolling like a BMW 700 series out for a spin on the Autobahn since their lapse in Columbus and Gonzales sputtering like a 1978 AMC Gremlin it will be a steep hill for the Apaches to climb. I think the Apaches never really recovered as a team after the Leps rolled in to Apache Stadium for the opening of district play. They have so much talent and good size I think it is a matter of heart, that intangible elusive quality that forges a group of guys into a solid unit. Bellville ozzes it and Gonzales is still trying to acquire a little. This looks real bad for the Apaches. They need a good sit down with their senior leadership and talk it over. Are they going to put together a 48 minute tight effort or putz around and lose big? Bellville put it together and manned up after the upset in Columbus and went on to win all their remaining games. That shows character. Can Gonzales resurrect their winning ways or will they go quietly into the night? That is the question I have for them. I will withhold any prediction on this one following my dear departed mother's advice " if you can't say something nice about someone...."

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 04:59 PM
It is true I have ranked the Apaches high in my projections and have been disappointed with how they seem to play down to their opponent's level. Apparently they lost their big play maker #32(?) in the Yoakum game and sort of deflated after that. If they find their groove by Saturday night they can hang with the Brahmas. If not, as hook says, it will be a long night.
As for your ranking of D26 pretty much as it turned out except for Giddings:
LG 5-0
YT 3-2
Cuero 3-2
GZ 2-3
Giddings 1-4
SV 1-4

I think the head to head win for GZ over Giddings establishes them as the better team. The loss to SV just factors in with the Tigers being the best 1-9 team in 3a and a down night for the Apaches.

pacdaddy
11-09-2013, 05:28 PM
You have posted several times reguarding the talent level of the Apaches. I have seen every team in 26AAA play several times and I would have to disagree with you. I rank the talent level of this district in the order. 1 LaGrange 2.Yoakum 3.Cuero 4.Giddings 5. Gonzales 6. Smithville.

You are entitled to your opinion, but let me ask you this my wise ranker. How do you explain the wins over Yoakum and Giddings? I am sure you must know the answer to that one! Let me see maybe you will say that both of those teams had down nights. Or maybe you will say we got lucky. Which one will it be my old wise one? Or maybe you just don't know what you are talking about?

speedbump
11-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Bellville by at least 20.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 05:58 PM
It is true I have ranked the Apaches high in my projections and have been disappointed with how they seem to play down to their opponent's level. Apparently they lost their big play maker #32(?) in the Yoakum game and sort of deflated after that. If they find their groove by Saturday night they can hang with the Brahmas. If not, as hook says, it will be a long night.
As for your ranking of D26 pretty much as it turned out except for Giddings:
LG 5-0
YT 3-2
Cuero 3-2
GZ 2-3
Giddings 1-4
SV 1-4

I think the head to head win for GZ over Giddings establishes them as the better team. The loss to SV just factors in with the Tigers being the best 1-9 team in 3a and a down night for the Apaches.

Giddings was a very quality opponent.

11TARPON
11-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Bellville going D1? PI Tarpons was looking forward for revenge of last year's playoff loss.

BB BULLS
11-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I am still not sold on Bellville being that good of a team, Gonzales definitely took a step backwards against Smithville. This game all depends on which team shows up for Gonzales, if the team shows up that lost to Smithville it will be a long night for the Apaches. Still have to think about this game as far as the winner.

are you kidding me? i wish it would have worked out where we played you guys that would have been a give me. there is no way d26 stacks up to d25. you are not near as good as you think. will more than likely lose to El Campo again

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 06:42 PM
are you kidding me? i wish it would have worked out where we played you guys that would have been a give me. there is no way d26 stacks up to d25. you are not near as good as you think. will more than likely lose to El Campo again

Have you even watched LG play or any other D26 team? Or are you an armchair expert homer fan from Bellville who doesn't comprehend the D1 bracket let alone the quality of your potential opponents. Bellville might have a chance to play La Grange in the Regional Championship game if you can get there. The Leps will beat El Campo alright. Bellville is a decent team but not as good as you think. I watched them play El Campo when EC was full strength and frankly neither team impressed me that much. If Bellville catches up with the Leps in R4 you will get a chance to see for yourself how uninformed your opinion is.

BB BULLS
11-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Have you even watched LG play or any other D26 team? Or are you an armchair expert homer fan from Bellville who doesn't comprehend the D1 bracket let alone the quality of your potential opponents. Bellville might have a chance to play La Grange in the Regional Championship game if you can get there. The Leps will beat El Campo alright. Bellville is a decent team but not as good as you think. I watched them play El Campo when EC was full strength and frankly neither team impressed me that much. If Bellville catches up with the Leps in R4 you will get a chance to see for yourself how uninformed your opinion is.

dude you are so lost put LG in D25 and they barely make the playoffs.who have you played that is relly good

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 07:21 PM
dude you are so lost put LG in D25 and they barely make the playoffs.who have you played that is relly good

I get a kick out of guys like you who show up on this board late in the season and talk smack about how great Bellville is and how weak La Grange and D26 are. Is it something in the Austin county culture with this overarching self importance when it comes to Brahma football or, more likely, is it that you're just a kid who's shooting off his mouth without any credibility to back it up. You're probably a kid because most grown up Bellville fans have a sense of humility regarding the game if they've been around long enough to remember down years as well as up years in the program.

Who have we played this year? Well we thumped Columbus the same team that beat Bellville and El Campo for one. Heck we had the 2nd team in for most of the second half in that game. You have a big surprise coming this week when you get to see how well D26 does against D25. No sweep probably but we will get two maybe three wins.

pacdaddy
11-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I get a kick out of guys like you who show up on this board late in the season and talk smack about how great Bellville is and how weak La Grange and D26 are. Is it something in the Austin county culture with this overarching self importance when it comes to Brahma football or, more likely, is it that you're just a kid who's shooting off his mouth without any credibility to back it up. You're probably a kid because most grown up Bellville fans have a sense of humility regarding the game if they've been around long enough to remember down years as well as up years in the program.

Who have we played this year? Well we thumped Columbus the same team that beat Bellville and El Campo for one. Heck we had the 2nd team in for most of the second half in that game. You have a big surprise coming this week when you get to see how well D26 does against D25. No sweep probably but we will get two maybe three wins.

You tell him pud. More than likely he is just a kid. I promise you we will also represent D26 to its potential and no D25 team is going to roll over a D 26 team without a fight. This I will say, I have heard that we only used 6 or 7 plays from the playbook and kept running those same plays. This will not happen come game day. So I believe it will be a guessing game for Bellville D.

Go Apaches!!!!!!

whitelightning5
11-09-2013, 09:18 PM

HAHAHA...I wish I wasnt taking a vacation this week. I like how your undefeated season gives you the right to run your yap. Over 6k posts and you want to talk crap to a newcomer to 3adl? Get a life keyboard hero. I won't take it as far as BB, but come on. You have to admit that your district is a little weak. I'm not even gonna pull out the 25 vs 26 comparison. I'm sure you would have enjoyed having 2 quality playoff teams in your district. I just hope your team is as advertised.

Why don't you start preparing for your Thursday game against EC? We have our own opponent to focus on.

rancher
11-09-2013, 09:33 PM
I can tell you this much having watch LG and seen several Bellville games. LG will bitch slap the bulls by 17 pts. I watch a Giddings team almost beat them and if Giddings could catch the ball, they would have. Bellville has no pass defense and they have no pass offense. Stop the run and you stop them. The only saving grace is they are heading south where the quality of play goes down compared to east texas. However, if they make it to meet LG. Take it to the bank and bet on the home of the CHICKEN RANCH.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks Rancher. Most Bellville posters know better than to run down other teams and their fans and boast loudly about their own. They rather let the scores tell the story. Keeping it real down on the 3aDownlow can be a lonely battle.

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 12:13 AM
I can tell you this much having watch LG and seen several Bellville games. LG will bitch slap the bulls by 17 pts. I watch a Giddings team almost beat them and if Giddings could catch the ball, they would have. Bellville has no pass defense and they have no pass offense. Stop the run and you stop them. The only saving grace is they are heading south where the quality of play goes down compared to east texas. However, if they make it to meet LG. Take it to the bank and bet on the home of the CHICKEN RANCH.

You got this right, La Grange would have no problem in D-25. I would have loved to play Bellville last year also, I hope we do get to play them this year.

Manso/V8
11-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Bellville going D1? PI Tarpons was looking forward for revenge of last year's playoff loss.

Why is it that the Tarpons focus on Bellville?
They should focus on whatever team they are playing that week.
Bellville dominated PI. After the first couple of series, there was never any doubt who was going to win the game.
PI has a good team, but they doesn't have the speed to play with Bellville.

Manso/V8
11-10-2013, 01:38 AM
You got this right, La Grange would have no problem in D-25. I would have loved to play Bellville last year also, I hope we do get to play them this year.

Wasn't LG mostly pass last year? Bellville had an specially stout pass defense last year. Navasota had problems throwing the ball against Bellville last year. They only pass that worked at all was the swing pass.

It seems like La Grange, at least Hook and Pudlugger have been focused on Bellville the last couple of years.

Manso/V8
11-10-2013, 01:44 AM
It is not about how good you were earlier in the season, or how good you think you are now, it is about how good you are from this point forward. Bellville improved each week in playoffs last year.
I am not going to name any teams in particular, but some teams seem picked too early every year.....Bellville hasn't come close to peaking.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Wasn't LG mostly pass last year? Bellville had an specially stout pass defense last year. Navasota had problems throwing the ball against Bellville last year. They only pass that worked at all was the swing pass.

It seems like La Grange, at least Hook and Pudlugger have been focused on Bellville the last couple of years.

LG was balanced pass/run last year. We had a very productive running game and both our starting tailbacks are back this year. Our passing game was outstanding with the #1 passing qb in district and the #1 WR in district. This year we lean more to the run but have a very strong passing game as well. Much of our passing comes out of play action. Qb Davis is one of our top rushers.

I focus on Bellville because as, Willie Sutton said when asked why he robs banks, "that is where the money is".

BB BULLS
11-10-2013, 09:01 AM
HAHAHA...I wish I wasnt taking a vacation this week. I like how your undefeated season gives you the right to run your yap. Over 6k posts and you want to talk crap to a newcomer to 3adl? Get a life keyboard hero. I won't take it as far as BB, but come on. You have to admit that your district is a little weak. I'm not even gonna pull out the 25 vs 26 comparison. I'm sure you would have enjoyed having 2 quality playoff teams in your district. I just hope your team is as advertised.

Why don't you start preparing for your Thursday game against EC? We have our own opponent to focus on.

WL my mission has been completed. the mission was to get Puddugger fired up without even going to the LG thread. Puddugger I am no kid just a grown man with a son that plays on the team. you are right about one thing I am a homer fan and will always be one. are you gonna try and tell me that you and Hook are not homer fans? don't know which one of you brought up giddings but didn't you guys just play them two weeks ago. what was that score? Columbus was the better team that night it is plain and simple I will not even talk about the mystery flag that took away a TD. you guys better be ready for El Campo if you lose Thursday you will not hear the end of it. :stirpot:

whitelightning5
11-10-2013, 09:17 AM

WOW....so you are judging Bellville based on a common opponent.....Giddings? Unless the Chronicle is wrong LG beat Giddings 20-14 and Bellville beat Giddings 14-0. My math may be wrong, but if my Bellville education holds true -6 is less than -14. Seems that Giddings was closer in beating LG than they were Bellville. I'm not gonna say our pass defense is what it was last year, but the only passing team we've played that did damage was Kinkaid. I will let you Google them to see what that offense brings to the table.

"Quality of play goes down".....you do understand that Gonzales is in LGs district right? So when others say that LGs district is soft and you say that the quality of play goes down.....you are kinda saying the same thing. Unless I am missing something, Region 4 as a whole is viewed as a weaker region. Isn't LG in Region 4 too? I guess LG will be getting that same treatment.

Good luck the rest of the way LG. Play week to week because no game is a given. Maybe things will work out just right and we can meet up in the future.

BB BULLS
11-10-2013, 09:24 AM
You tell him pud. More than likely he is just a kid. I promise you we will also represent D26 to its potential and no D25 team is going to roll over a D 26 team without a fight. This I will say, I have heard that we only used 6 or 7 plays from the playbook and kept running those same plays. This will not happen come game day. So I believe it will be a guessing game for Bellville D.

Go Apaches!!!!!!

ok Crackdaddy cause you must be smoking something. I am no kid just a homer fan with a son that plays on team. where did I say they d26 will not put up a fight?

whitelightning5
11-10-2013, 09:44 AM
ok Crackdaddy cause you must be smoking something. I am no kid just a homer fan with a son that plays on team. where did I say they d26 will not put up a fight?

That's just it....they have to make up something because they feel that they need bulletin board material to get them fired up....to get that "edge."

PacD....if you did in fact only use 6-7 plays from the playbook all season, I would venture to say that it's gonna be more of the same. Unless you're pulling out trick plays, your offense is what it is. District would have been a fine time to open things up. Not the playoffs. Why run plays that your offense isnt familiar with in the next most important game of your season? Practice is one thing....live game action is another.

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 10:16 AM

I have nothing against Bellville in any sport, think it is a great school and community. All I have said is that I am not sold on Bellville being a great team and I will say again like I have said earlier, whoever gets by their first round opponent (D25- D-26) will go a long way in the playoffs. It is a proven fact that Region 4 as a whole is weak compared to Region 3,the winners of this first round will make deep runs in the playoffs. You can bank it and yes you do have to take it one game at a time but the talent level from our two Districts will be obvious , Bellville proved that last year as did LG in 2009.

MJMbrahmas10
11-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Maybe someone needs to ____ slap someone on this board for always being negative about the team your supposed to be rooting for. @rancher

MJMbrahmas10
11-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Bellville by 21. Lakeith Nunn seems to be having a great year. Comparable to his brothers, Garrets, senior season. Does anyone have his stats? And is he being recruited?

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 10:26 AM
WOW....so you are judging Bellville based on a common opponent.....Giddings? Unless the Chronicle is wrong LG beat Giddings 20-14 and Bellville beat Giddings 14-0. My math may be wrong, but if my Bellville education holds true -6 is less than -14. Seems that Giddings was closer in beating LG than they were Bellville. I'm not gonna say our pass defense is what it was last year, but the only passing team we've played that did damage was Kinkaid. I will let you Google them to see what that offense brings to the table.

"Quality of play goes down".....you do understand that Gonzales is in LGs district right? So when others say that LGs district is soft and you say that the quality of play goes down.....you are kinda saying the same thing. Unless I am missing something, Region 4 as a whole is viewed as a weaker region. Isn't LG in Region 4 too? I guess LG will be getting that same treatment.

Good luck the rest of the way LG. Play week to week because no game is a given. Maybe things will work out just right and we can meet up in the future.

You know all this talk about one District being better then the other is total BS , other then EC in District 25 it is basically the same District that LG, Smithville and Giddings has been in. In 2009 LG beat Bellville in the Mud Bowl to win the last playoff spot, now that was one tough as District that year top to bottom. D-25 and D-26 were very similar this year, two top teams in District (EC-Bellville) both got beat by a team that they were both were expected to dominate. Giddings came to LG and almost took down the District champs and Smithville goes to Gonzales and beats a playoff bound tem. So both District had their ups and downs , only LG dominated every team except our long time rival Giddings. This first round will be very interesting because long runs in the playoff could be cut short real quick, Good Luck to all teams.

MJMbrahmas10
11-10-2013, 10:30 AM
In the mud bowl in 09 bellville should have won. There was a tony romo type botched snap and the holder ran it in for the td. But a referee said his knee was down even though it wasn't. Still irks me to this day

BB BULLS
11-10-2013, 10:37 AM

still trying figure out where I put down the LG fans, maybe you Puddugger could point that out to me where I put down the LG fans.

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 10:58 AM
In the mud bowl in 09 bellville should have won. There was a tony romo type botched snap and the holder ran it in for the td. But a referee said his knee was down even though it wasn't. Still irks me to this day

Come On man , take the loss like a man. I am sure there were many plays in that game that could have determined the outcome, my point is if Bellville would have won that game they would have had the same success we had in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Here are two quotes from separate posts running down LG. I never said you ran down fans.

MJMbrahmas10
11-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I have accepted it since then. That was a memorable game. It's just hard to when the an official in that game tells you a week later we should have won.

BB BULLS
11-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks Rancher. Most Bellville posters know better than to run down other teams and their fans and boast loudly about their own. They rather let the scores tell the story. Keeping it real down on the 3aDownlow can be a lonely battle.

take a gander at the above where you clearly stated fans. come on man for pro like you to not remember that!

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 11:33 AM
take a gander at the above where you clearly stated fans. come on man for pro like you to not remember that!

I was searching the post that you quoted me on not the one above.

Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
"I get a kick out of guys like you who show up on this board late in the season and talk smack about how great Bellville is and how weak La Grange and D26 are. Is it something in the Austin county culture with this overarching self importance when it comes to Brahma football or, more likely, is it that you're just a kid who's shooting off his mouth without any credibility to back it up. You're probably a kid because most grown up Bellville fans have a sense of humility regarding the game if they've been around long enough to remember down years as well as up years in the program.

Who have we played this year? Well we thumped Columbus the same team that beat Bellville and El Campo for one. Heck we had the 2nd team in for most of the second half in that game. You have a big surprise coming this week when you get to see how well D26 does against D25. No sweep probably but we will get two maybe three wins."

I think it's fair to say you have been pretty vocal in running down D26 and LG in your posts. I don't mind criticism but running down a team or a district without much to back it up gets me riled up a bit. This D25vD26 thing was started by posters from D25 and is a hold over from last year. Frankly I'm tired of it. I'll just leave it to the boys on the field who play the game and not get into a pissing match with their dads here on the board. Good luck to Bellville and Gonzales may the best team win.

BB BULLS
11-10-2013, 11:50 AM
I was searching the post that you quoted me on not the one above.

Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
"I get a kick out of guys like you who show up on this board late in the season and talk smack about how great Bellville is and how weak La Grange and D26 are. Is it something in the Austin county culture with this overarching self importance when it comes to Brahma football or, more likely, is it that you're just a kid who's shooting off his mouth without any credibility to back it up. You're probably a kid because most grown up Bellville fans have a sense of humility regarding the game if they've been around long enough to remember down years as well as up years in the program.

Who have we played this year? Well we thumped Columbus the same team that beat Bellville and El Campo for one. Heck we had the 2nd team in for most of the second half in that game. You have a big surprise coming this week when you get to see how well D26 does against D25. No sweep probably but we will get two maybe three wins."

I think it's fair to say you have been pretty vocal in running down D26 and LG in your posts. I don't mind criticism but running down a team or a district without much to back it up gets me riled up a bit. This D25vD26 thing was started by posters from D25 and is a hold over from last year. Frankly I'm tired of it. I'll just leave it to the boys on the field who play the game and not get into a pissing match with their dads here on the board. Good luck to Bellville and Gonzales may the best team win.

sounds good Pud. but just so know it would be no fun if someone did not get riled up. good luck Thursday

pacdaddy
11-10-2013, 02:18 PM
That's just it....they have to make up something because they feel that they need bulletin board material to get them fired up....to get that "edge."

PacD....if you did in fact only use 6-7 plays from the playbook all season, I would venture to say that it's gonna be more of the same. Unless you're pulling out trick plays, your offense is what it is. District would have been a fine time to open things up. Not the playoffs. Why run plays that your offense isnt familiar with in the next most important game of your season? Practice is one thing....live game action is another.

I did not say 6 or 7 plays all season did I. I said 6 or 7 plays against Smithville. Why would we want to show our next opponent everything we got? Just let it be know y'all have not seen anything yet until sat.

Anyway, good luck to both teams. I still believe the tribe is going to come out and surprise a team that I am more than sure has already taken us as the weaker team.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I have no doubt that Bellville expects a walk in the park against the Apaches. After all they just got beaten by 1-9 Smithville. However, I think Gonzales will rebound and give the Brahmas a game. Playoff games can be hard to predict just like big rivalry games. It can boil down to which team comes out on fire and which team is flat. Gonzales is a team that can go either way it seems. It's now or never for this Apache team.

BB BULLS
11-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I did not say 6 or 7 plays all season did I. I said 6 or 7 plays against Smithville. Why would we want to show our next opponent everything we got? Just let it be know y'all have not seen anything yet until sat.

Anyway, good luck to both teams. I still believe the tribe is going to come out and surprise a team that I am more than sure has already taken us as the weaker team.

i can promise this Bellville team will be ready. they learned there lesson with columbus. the Tribe better bring all they got may the best team win.

BrahmaMOMMA
11-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I have no doubt that Bellville expects a walk in the park against the Apaches. After all they just got beaten by 1-9 Smithville. However, I think Gonzales will rebound and give the Brahmas a game. Playoff games can be hard to predict just like big rivalry games. It can boil down to which team comes out on fire and which team is flat. Gonzales is a team that can go either way it seems. It's now or never for this Apache team.

As a Bellville Fan we should see it as a walk as we have watched the boys play some really hard teams, but as the young players go onto the field they see it as a fight to get to the next round. That's why they play the game and they have coaches to make sure they don't get to cocky, but sometimes you have to Expect Victory to Get Victory.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Yep Momma you're right they must play the game. The rest is just talk. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Manso/V8
11-10-2013, 11:29 PM
I think the Brahmas are steadily getting better each week, and that is what it takes for a playoff run.
It doesn't matter what happened earlier this season, or last Friday night.
What matters is what happens from this point forward.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 01:01 AM
It doesn't matter what happened earlier this season, or last Friday night.
What matters is what happens from this point forward.

Totally agree. That's why I see this game being settled late. I know GZ had some injury's, was already in the playoff's, and not sure they gave SV their best efforts. Why should they, really? Staying healthy was more important. And, in regards to Bellville. Your right, they are becoming the team we thought they'd be. I real force at the right time. Earlier games, I think they might have been trying different things, in case it's needed when it really matters, in the playoffs.

Both will be ready.

OLE'BULL
11-11-2013, 09:15 AM
While anything can happen come playoff time, I think the Brahmas have proved that they are a legit contender. We had one slip up against Columbus and have completely turned things around starting the week after that upset. Just like last year, it seems that we are playing better and better each week. We have been extremely fortunate to remain essentially injury free. That has been an important part of our success. I dont see Gonzales giving us much trouble. We knew how close we were to losing a shot at the playoffs after the Columbus loss, and I think that scared us straight. The kids that were on the team last year had a taste of success and know how fun a deep playoff ride can be. We will be firing on all cylinders Saturday evening and will give Gonzales all they want, and then some. Bellville rolls in this one!

buff4ever
11-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Bellville will take this game. Gonzales has the athletes to keep this game closer than you would think, but I don't think they will pull it out.

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Well Monday is here and it is time for us to really get focused on the task at hand. I'm sure practice will go well knowing what is at stake. Keeping to the game plan is going to be crucial at this point. :clap:

We have faith in you guys. We know that you can do it.

GO APACHES!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Well Monday is here and it is time for us to really get focused on the task at hand. I'm sure practice will go well knowing what is at stake. Keeping to the game plan is going to be crucial at this point. :clap:

We have faith in you guys. We know that you can do it.

GO APACHES!!!!!!
Please, pound, pound, pound behind that talented O-line GZ. Best line in district IMO. Not pretty, but---dern sure successful. Be committed with a 3-4 yard gains. Line up, do it again. This will be a war IMO. Not to mention, a fast game.

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Well I guess, from what I have been reading on hear we are picked to lose this game. I hope that we get to prove alot of people wrong this weekend. :flaming: I saw some of the games that Bellville played on hudl, they looked ok. Does not look like anything we have not seen before. The RB's looked as good as the Yoakum kid, but we managed to stop him. So I don't actually see what the big deal is.:crazy1: It looks like to me if we stop the run the game is all ours. I say this because the passing looks good but not the bread and butter of this BV team.
Well anyway that is my opinion, and I am sticking to it.

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Please, pound, pound, pound behind that talented O-line GZ. Best line in district IMO. Not pretty, but---dern sure successful. Be committed with a 3-4 yard gains. Line up, do it again. This will be a war IMO. Not to mention, a fast game.

Yes sir YT, you know that is what we do. Pound, Pound, Pound and more Pound till the opponent can't take anymore or at least get worn down. Those 3-4 yards gains come in handy in a game like this one. Our D is also going to be a beast out on the field gang tackles like no one has seen in a long time. It will be a all out war.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Well I guess, from what I have been reading on hear we are picked to lose this game. I hope that we get to prove alot of people wrong this weekend. :flaming: I saw some of the games that Bellville played on hudl, they looked ok. Does not look like anything we have not seen before. The RB's looked as good as the Yoakum kid, but we managed to stop him. So I don't actually see what the big deal is.:crazy1: It looks like to me if we stop the run the game is all ours. I say this because the passing looks good but not the bread and butter of this BV team.
Well anyway that is my opinion, and I am sticking to it.

Good eval pacdaddy. Which ever team stops the others run, will win. Neither can air it out. I think GZ has a better OL. BV faster D. Thus, Apaches need to go right at them IMO. Slobberknocker time.

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Good eval pacdaddy. Which ever team stops the others run, will win. Neither can air it out. I think GZ has a better OL. BV faster D. Thus, Apaches need to go right at them IMO. Slobberknocker time.

Yes sir, that is what I call a real head to head contest. Gotta love it.

maestro
11-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Does Gonzales have any experience playing vs a slot t team?

Bellville can put 3 Yoakum-types in the same backfield and can leave you wondering, WHO has the ball?

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Does Gonzales have any experience playing vs a slot t team?

Bellville can put 3 Yoakum-types in the same backfield and can leave you wondering, WHO has the ball?

That's what I said, who ever stops the run the best, should win.

The Bull #40
11-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I am excited to see this thread this active so early in the week, this is what 3ADL is about! And welcome to the Gonzales faithful, good to see you backing your team. I do have a couple questions, while I can see you run the ball, are you a power I, option, or wing or slot t? I'm interested in seeing the running game vs. the running game. I also am excited for the 1st playoff game of the year and the atmosphere it brings! I do, however thing the Brahmas will take this one. There must be a reason GZ is 4th in district...

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 03:10 PM
There must be a reason GZ is 4th in district...

Maybe it's a tougher district they are in? just sayin.:wave:

We will know come Saturday night, won't we? Yes, I plan on making this one myself, and LG/EC on Thursday.

The Bull #40
11-11-2013, 04:38 PM

We will know come Saturday night, won't we? Yes, I plan on making this one myself, and LG/EC on Thursday.

Think what you want but I believe we gave you all you wanted pre-season, and gave Giddings a shutout so.... I believe we will handle GZ no problem.

BB BULLS
11-11-2013, 05:10 PM

really? lets do this D25 last year, El Campo went to the big game, Bellville went to semifinals. what did your district do? uh nothing. after ElCampo beats LG D26 will have nothing left to brag about and you guys will disappear.

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 05:29 PM
really? lets do this D25 last year, El Campo went to the big game, Bellville went to semifinals. what did your district do? uh nothing. after ElCampo beats LG D26 will have nothing left to brag about and you guys will disappear.

New year bud!!!!

Red Bull
11-11-2013, 05:30 PM
This will be an interesting ball game. Might set record for fewest pass attempts in high school playoff game. Bellville's slot T is hard to figure out for a lot of teams. I say Bellville 35-21.

BB BULLS
11-11-2013, 05:39 PM
New year bud!!!!

yes it is, but you did not answer the question. we heard the same from you guys last year. good luck with the run game. i hope you find a pass game so we can shut that down to since no one thinks we have a pass def.

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 05:39 PM

And after we beat y'all, D25 will disappear. How about those apples?

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 05:44 PM
yes it is, but you did not answer the question. we heard the same from you guys last year. good luck with the run game. i hope you find a pass game so we can shut that down to since no one thinks we have a pass def.

I don't believe the question was addressed to me. But let me ask you this, how is it going to feel after a team that has never made it to the third round in school history, beats y'all?

BB BULLS
11-11-2013, 05:46 PM
And after we beat y'all, D25 will disappear. How about those apples?

i love apples granny smith is my favorite. how do you like crow? man it is so easy to get you folks riled up i love it. i just hope we have a good injury free game. GO BRAHMAS

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 05:51 PM
i love apples granny smith is my favorite. how do you like crow? man it is so easy to get you folks riled up i love it. i just hope we have a good injury free game. GO BRAHMAS

Yes, I like crow I have had to eat it a couple times this year, but on the internet that is not hard to do. I also hope to a injury free game. Good luck to y'all guys. Whoever wins will represent there district well. Go Apaches!!!!

BB BULLS
11-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I don't believe the question was addressed to me. But let me ask you this, how is it going to feel after a team that has never made it to the third round in school history, beats y'all?

if you win good for you guys it is good to go some where you never been. but why dont you look to next year, its to bad you guys drew us right off the bat.

underthetepee
11-11-2013, 06:46 PM
easy there pac. In 2007 the tribe lost the quarterfinal game in overtime

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 07:02 PM

I've watched both teams play and I have to say it is going to be real close. The game will be decided on defense. Gonzales needs to limit Nunes yardage. He will get his 100+ yards but they need to come in chunks of 4-6 yards per carry and not big breakaway runs for tds. That means the Apache linebackers need to bring it Friday. Turnovers will kill you so those have to be minimized. Bellville will capitalize on any mistakes or opportunities and they make opportunities with their aggressiveness on defense. Although BV is favored by a td by those with knowledge regarding the game GZ is very much in the mix if they play their very best.

BB BULLS
11-11-2013, 07:19 PM
all remember these numbers on def 36, 44 & 8. they are pretty tough

pacdaddy
11-11-2013, 07:46 PM

Oh yea, I forgot its been awhile. Never-the-less I still have faith in my tribe that we can pull this win off.

zebrablue2
11-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Weather could play a big factor in this game, calling for a better than 50% chance of rain this weekend. Ball gonna be :eek: :crazy1:

underthetepee
11-12-2013, 03:21 PM
It was really a while before that. like 1963 or 1964.

Oh yea, I forgot its been awhile. Never-the-less I still have faith in my tribe that we can pull this win off.

pacdaddy
11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
It was really a while before that. like 1963 or 1964.

Maybe we can change that this year or at least get to the third round again. What is your take on this assumption for this year?

OLE'BULL
11-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Maybe we can change that this year or at least get to the third round again. What is your take on this assumption for this year?

Worry about getting past Bellville first bud...

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 09:04 PM

It is possible if you get by Bellville but that is a big if. Bellville is the strongest team in your bracket based on record and standings. Next would be Fredricksburg or Kingsville. Best you just concentrate on Bellville and if you get it done we will discuss the next game. In playoffs it's one game at a time. I will be supporting The Apaches and all D26 teams. Good luck Saturday.

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Pac , take it one game at a time brother. Go D26 , and an injury free and safe trip for both teams and fans !

Apache91
11-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Easy Pac, getting a little ahead of yourself. Can only concentrate on this week, especially the way we have played the last couple of weeks. Playoffs are exciting times for high school football, anything can happen. Hopefully the boys are ready and the coaches have a good game plan. Looking for a good game and a safe one for each team. Go Apaches!!!!!!!!

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Apache d line needs to stay low and stand'um up. Linebackers need to watch the ball and hit the gaps. Bellville will run the misdirection plays all night. Good luck to Gonzales and represent D26. Leps ready to rumble tomorrow night.

underthetepee
11-13-2013, 03:35 PM
My thought is that anyone can beat anyone especially in the playoffs.Couple of years ago Taylor took Wimberley to 2 overtimes in the first round. Taylor was 3-7. Wimberley was in the top 5 in the state . the texans survived and went on to win the state championship. The focus better be on the brahmas and nothing but. They are very good.

YTBulldogs
11-13-2013, 03:41 PM
My thought is that anyone can beat anyone especially in the playoffs.Couple of years ago Taylor took Wimberley to 2 overtimes in the first round. Taylor was 3-7. Wimberley was in the top 5 in the state . the texans survived and went on to win the state championship. The focus better be on the brahmas and nothing but. They are very good.

:iagree:

The Bull #40
11-13-2013, 05:00 PM

Good take tepee, I just think it's foolish to disregard teams - ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. Heck, I believe that's why Columbus is in the playoffs instead of Sealy, Columbus had to beat EC to squeak in and I think EC overlooked them. However, I DO believe Rowe will have the squad ready for the first round, he's had the team focused all year (other than the Columbus game) and I think the Brahmas will come out firing on all cylinders and take down Gonzales by more than a TD. I don't think it's going to be a nail-biter the whole game. Gonzales is also underestimating our passing game, just like everyone did last year and has this year. We pass when we need to back the defense up and they usually go for long TDs and short TDs on the goal line. Why would we pass all game when our offense is built around the 3 horseman, led by Nunn who is having a monster year? Anyway, I look forward to seeing Gonzales play, it's been a while and I do hope it's a good clean game with minimal injuries on both sides.

44INAROW
11-13-2013, 05:09 PM

Whoa there a minute.......... "you guys will disappear" I think you and some of your buddies are the newbies that only show up during playoffs.. some of us are fans ALL YEAR LONG - we don't wait until playoffs

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Good take tepee, I just think it's foolish to disregard teams - ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. Heck, I believe that's why Columbus is in the playoffs instead of Sealy, Columbus had to beat EC to squeak in and I think EC overlooked them.

Yeah everyone just overlooks Columbus right? Just like Bellville overlooked them? So when a D25 team loses an important game they should have won it is because they overlooked them? Who will be overlooked by D25 this week? Inquiring minds want to know.

The Bull #40
11-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Yeah everyone just overlooks Columbus right? Just like Bellville overlooked them? So when a D25 team loses an important game they should have won it is because they overlooked them? Who will be overlooked by D25 this week? Inquiring minds want to know.

First of all Columbus is a D25 team as well, and yes I believe Bellville and EC are the best two teams in the district and would beat Columbus 9 times out of 10 if a spot in the playoffs was on the line for both teams. Second of all, I didn't say anything about La Grange and how they'll probably get knocked out in the first two rounds after such a promising start. If you read in my post, I also said the Brahmas would be focused on Gonzales this week and nothing else. So I don't know who you're referring to in D25 overlooking D26? Inquiring minds want to know..

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 09:34 PM
First of all Columbus is a D25 team as well, and yes I believe Bellville and EC are the best two teams in the district and would beat Columbus 9 times out of 10 if a spot in the playoffs was on the line for both teams. Second of all, I didn't say anything about La Grange and how they'll probably get knocked out in the first two rounds after such a promising start. If you read in my post, I also said the Brahmas would be focused on Gonzales this week and nothing else. So I don't know who you're referring to in D25 overlooking D26? Inquiring minds want to know..

I was asking that if either BV or EC lose would that be because they were overlooking their opponents? After all according to you, that was their excuse for losing to Columbus.

pacdaddy
11-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I am by no means thinking ahead of myself, it was a conversation that underthetepe and i were having. Did not have anything to do with overlooking a team. Damn a person can't say what they feel on this board or what? I am not a kid and know that a team like Bellville, is not just gonna lay down for us so we can score tds. Its going to take a lot of focus and hard work for us to win this game. In all of my posts talking about BV, I never said we were going to just roll over them. I do know that BV is a well coached team and has a lot of talent and I know we cannot make one mistake or we will pay the price for it. I know that!!! I just have a lot of faith for my team and I know if all of the tribe is on the same page, they will be at force and know one can stop them. Remember I said if they are all on the same page, before I get jumped on about saying something good about my team. Maybe we just need some more support for this team. And not sell them short.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 10:38 PM
pacdaddy keep on supporting your team. No one has a corner on the market for boosting their team. Gonzales has enough talent and size to win this game if they play a solid 48 minute game. D26 has your back. Good luck to the Apaches.

gobbla4life
11-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Pac , there's nothing wrong with pulling for your team. Anything , and I do mean anything can happen in the playoffs.

pacdaddy
11-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Thanks Pud, and gobbla. I just feel that D26 will make its mark this year. If after Sat. our team is not included, so be it. I just have a lot a faith in my tribe, "always and forever." I think D26 has some teams that are going to prove something to people this year. That is all no harm done.

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks Pud, and gobbla. I just feel that D26 will make its mark this year. If after Sat. our team is not included, so be it. I just have a lot a faith in my tribe, "always and forever." I think D26 has some teams that are going to prove something to people this year. That is all no harm done.

D25 teams knocked three our of 4 D26 teams out of the volleyball playoffs in the first round.
Bellville eventually knocked La Grange out of the playoffs in later rounds as well.
History repeats.

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 08:44 AM
I am by no means thinking ahead of myself, it was a conversation that underthetepe and i were having. Did not have anything to do with overlooking a team. Damn a person can't say what they feel on this board or what? I am not a kid and know that a team like Bellville, is not just gonna lay down for us so we can score tds. Its going to take a lot of focus and hard work for us to win this game. In all of my posts talking about BV, I never said we were going to just roll over them. I do know that BV is a well coached team and has a lot of talent and I know we cannot make one mistake or we will pay the price for it. I know that!!! I just have a lot of faith for my team and I know if all of the tribe is on the same page, they will be at force and know one can stop them. Remember I said if they are all on the same page, before I get jumped on about saying something good about my team. Maybe we just need some more support for this team. And not sell them short.

It seems like you are trying to convince yourself of something you don't really believe.

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 04:15 PM
pacdaddy keep on supporting your team. No one has a corner on the market for boosting their team. Gonzales has enough talent and size to win this game if they play a solid 48 minute game. D26 has your back. Good luck to the Apaches.

pud it is funny you say this because when i said pretty much the same thing about BV supporting my team, i was a homer and just a kid didnt know anything.
D25 will rule over D26.

Dowork
11-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Seen both teams play. Bellville is for sure the better team. If they come out and play the way they are capable the should win by two Tds+. Bellville is the best team in the region when they r on there game. Seen la grange on film and very well balanced team with some good athletes. If el campo had there two stud backs I would say el campo wins but since they aren't healthy I'm going with LG. I have no doubt they will be a navasota Belleville semifinal rematch! Unless something crazy happens. Would love to have seen this bellville team going division 2 because I think they win it all if that happens.

pacdaddy
11-14-2013, 09:29 PM
It seems like you are trying to convince yourself of something you don't really believe.
Which part are you referring to Mr.almighty wise man to all the answer in football.

pacdaddy
11-14-2013, 09:31 PM
D25 teams knocked three our of 4 D26 teams out of the volleyball playoffs in the first round.
Bellville eventually knocked La Grange out of the playoffs in later rounds as well.
History repeats.

To bad its not volleyball we are talking about.

1stnurseryman
11-14-2013, 09:38 PM
El Campo taken a beat down rite now

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Which part are you referring to Mr.almighty wise man to all the answer in football.

Thanks for noticing.

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 10:32 PM
to bad its not volleyball we are talking about.

I thought you were talking about districts.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Well I guess BB Bulls and Manso's predictions on D25 outcomes were a little off after La Grange blew out El Campo D25 Runner up 42-7. No sweep this year fellows. This win exposes the weakness in D25 for Gonzales, Yoakum and Cuero to see before their games tomorrow and Saturday. As I said on another thread, there is blood in the water now and D26 has the momentum and confidence going forward. I expect some big surprises in the next two days from folks who have denigrated D26 teams all season long. Bellville will have a struggle tomorrow night from Gonzales, a team that would have been District Champion in some of the weaker district in Texas. They are much better than their 6-4 record would indicate. Go Apaches beat Bellville.
Gonzales 28
Bellville 21

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Well I guess BB Bulls and Manso's predictions on D25 outcomes were a little off after La Grange blew out El Campo D25 Runner up 42-7. No sweep this year fellows. This win exposes the weakness in D25 for Gonzales, Yoakum and Cuero to see before their games tomorrow and Saturday. As I said on another thread, there is blood in the water now and D26 has the momentum and confidence going forward. I expect some big surprises in the next two days from folks who have denigrated D26 teams all season long. Bellville will have a struggle tomorrow night from Gonzales, a team that would have been District Champion in some of the weaker district in Texas. They are much better than their 6-4 record would indicate. Go Apaches beat Bellville.
Gonzales 28
Bellville 21

Pud, you have a very active imagination. I haven't made any predictions at all. Why are you coming after me?

I do respect how you and other posters cruise from thread to thread, protecting the name and honor of D26.

Snotbubbles
11-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Gonsalez in a upset (least by some) 21-20. Back to basics GZ. POUND IT!!!!Then SMACK IT!!!!

1st and goal
11-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Is #32 for Gonzales healthy?

duckhunter
11-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Bellville by 14 +

pacdaddy
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Is #32 for Gonzales healthy?

No, He out for the year with a broken fibula. I might be wrong not sure. It is just to bad he is a senior, but not all loss in that department #5 stepped up. He is a hard runner with alot of strength just like #32.

pacdaddy
11-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Gonsalez in a upset (least by some) 21-20. Back to basics GZ. POUND IT!!!!Then SMACK IT!!!!

Yes sir, Pound, pound, and more pound that is what we do.

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 05:04 PM
I haven't seen Gonzales play this year, but:

The Apache fans and supporters don't seem very confident.
Whoever is voting is picking Bellville by a 3 to 1 margin.
Go Bulls.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 05:15 PM
I doubt that poll will be playing on the field tonight, I am sure this poll picks the winner every time.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Any updates , score

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Bellville and Gonzales play Saturday in Brenham.

pacdaddy
11-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Bellville and Gonzales play Saturday in Brenham.

You got that right. Even tho that was posted days ago.

44INAROW
11-16-2013, 12:47 AM

Someone asked a couple post back if there were any updates on the game and I think he was just letting them know the game is tomorrow.

Should be a good game.... Hope we can work it out to go watch it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Manso/V8
11-16-2013, 12:49 AM

Yes, Hook was looking for updates so I was letting him know the game was Saturday.
You seem jumpy.

pacdaddy
11-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Yes, Hook was looking for updates so I was letting him know the game was Saturday.
You seem jumpy.

Its been a long week, and cannot wait till tomorrow to put this game to bed.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Game day. I may try to make this one. Who is home team?

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm going with the Brahma's

I have Bellville winning region. Yeah, I know LG is still in it but I like the Brahma's.

pacdaddy
11-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Game day. I may try to make this one. Who is home team?

BV is.

pacdaddy
11-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Well its game day. Good luck to both teams today. Total focus on the task at hand. The time is now to put everything we got into this game.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Come on GZ, do what we were unable to do here. I truly believe if you pound it, you can pull this one off. It will be a war. Good luck. I'll be there. Hope you don't mind a Yoakum fan in your mix. Go Apaches.

pacdaddy
11-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Come on GZ, do what we were unable to do here. I truly believe if you pound it, you can pull this one off. It will be a war. Good luck. I'll be there. Hope you don't mind a Yoakum fan in your mix. Go Apaches.

No sir we do not mind at all. YT, you can always come and sit with us. Never feel like an outsider when it comes to sitting with us.

BB BULLS
11-16-2013, 02:18 PM
here is to a good clean injury free game. !!!GO BRAHMAS!!!

bird_fan
11-16-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm going with the Brahma's

I have Bellville winning region. Yeah, I know LG is still in it but I like the Brahma's.
so do I I first started noticing them around 1986 when EC scheuled them and they beat us quite well after that kinda kept up with them. to me they were a small EC a team year in and out alway competive with a winning tradition but really over looked manytimes state wide then former EC assisnatnt coaches became head coach there coached like coach Labay and Huey Chancellor

hookandladder
11-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Looks like Bellville got their hands full , 18-14 Gonzales in the 3rd.

bird_fan
11-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Looks like Bellville got their hands full , 18-14 Gonzales in the 3rd.
Apaches may be thinking about cele brating after the game with some Blue Bell

44INAROW
11-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Any update? Come on Apaches👏

hookandladder
11-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Apaches 24-14 4th quarter , not looking good for them Brahmans

44INAROW
11-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Excellent... Keep it up Apaches.

maestro
11-16-2013, 09:27 PM

Smith vile???

Again????

Well I certainly admit that I stepped right in the mess myself

Great going to coach lock, staff, the TEAM that obviously believed.

That's why teams play and posters post. Haha
again, I will be washing my shoes.

1st and goal
11-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Gonzo wins 24-14
Way to go team!

1st and goal
11-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Well I certainly admit that I stepped right in the mess myself

Great going to coach lock, staff, the TEAM that obviously believed.

That's why teams play and posters post. Haha
again, I will be washing my shoes.

I recommend Frank's red hot sauce on that crow....

hookandladder
11-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Final Gonzales 24-14 , no real surprise most everyone knew Bellville was overrated all year. Congrats Gonzales.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Apaches win 24-14 with a tremendous 2nd half shutout of Bellville. The Gonzales defense stepped up and their offense put up 2 tds to get the win. Just goes to show you have to play the game. Congratulations to Gonzales for the big win and advance into round two to play Fredricksburg. Bellville hats off to a good run in district and a hard fought playoff game where you never gave up.

GobblersUnite
11-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Great going Gonzo! D26 went 3-1! Super job Gobbs, Leps and Aps!

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Well done GZ. Knew you could do it. Best wishes moving on.

gobbla4life
11-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Great job Gonzales ! Good job D26 , good luck this week guys.

Apache91
11-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Awesome job Apaches. Quite a few folks from Bellville going to be eating a little crow. Good Luck in Basketball.

11TARPON
11-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Didn't expect this result. Congrat Apaches.

bird_fan
11-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Im quite surprised

1stnurseryman
11-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Just goes to show u how tuff our District was.

fire_it_up
11-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Congrats Apaches! You never gave up. Happy day in Apache Nation.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Didn't expect this result. Congrat Apaches.

Bellville was good but they were not expecting the level of play that Gonzales brought to this game. D26 has been a tough gauntlet for all 6 teams. Making the playoffs in D26 was not a cake walk. The fact that Gonzales comes off a loss to 1-9 Smithville and shuts down the vaunted Bellville offense to get the win says something about the quality of football in D26. So much talent and parity made it tough but it hardened the metal of the players and it showed in this first round of the playoffs.

D26 3
D25 1

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Im quite surprised

Oh well, no match up for Bellville in the R4 final with La Grange. The Leps need to just take care of business one game at a time and get the job done and not look ahead.

bd62
11-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Congs. Gonzales.Way to represent D26. Keep it up. Everyone in our dist knew how good a team you have. Went thru a couple of rough weeks but you came thru against a good Bellville team.

hookandladder
11-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Said it earlier , never was sold on Bellville being as good as their fans thought they were. Tonight proved my point, again Congrats to the Apaches.

44INAROW
11-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Congrats on the win Apaches. Looks like D26 wasn't the weak, untested posers afterall😆.

The games only get tougher next week. Good luck La Grange, Gonzales and Cuero🏈👏👏

Gontex
11-16-2013, 10:02 PM
That's funny.

Scoop27
11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Didn't Gonzales lose to Smithville in the district finale?

Apache91
11-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Yes. And your point is? They just sent home a very good team this week.

bd62
11-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Didn't Gonzales lose to Smithville in the district finale?

Yes. They had a tough lost to Cuero week Before and Smithville upset them the next week.

WhartonTigers
11-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Congrats to the apaches,gobs, and leps... Good luck next week..

maestro
11-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Yes. And your point is? They just sent home a very good team this week.

It's scoop

Just tell him man has landed on the moon

Oilers move to Tennessee

Etc

He will catch up

Congrats to GZ

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Congrats to the apaches,gobs, and leps... Good luck next week..

Thanks WT and same to the Tigers next week.

LV_Bearfan
11-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Congrats. I know you guys had a few bad weeks. All that matters is that you're winnin' now.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 10:23 PM
It's scoop

Just tell him man has landed on the moon

Oilers move to Tennessee

Etc

He will catch up

Congrats to GZ

:spitlol:

BrahmaMOMMA
11-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Just wanted to say Congrats to Gonzales. Hard fought game. I don't get on here much but do like to read these post I get a giggle out of some of them, but I just wanted to say because maybe the Fan that yelled something about someone sucking while a Bellville player was down on the field is on here, that was CLASSLESS and I hope the other fans put you in your place If not...... that is just sad!!!!!!

BB BULLS
11-16-2013, 10:43 PM
well here i am give me all you got while i am enjoying this crow sandwich. Gz played very well or should i just say #22 played well he was all GZ had and we could not stop him.
but there is one thing about GZ that they should be very proud of. we had a guy down on the field with an injury and while it was quite the GZ fan were hollering that you suck, everyone in stadium could hear it now that is what i call classy. i have no respect for the fans that act like that the boys on the field yes but not the fans. They really suck.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 10:49 PM
That is indeed very poor. Unfortunately a single fan can reflect negatively on an entire community. From my experience Gonzales folks are real good people. I bet he got some dirty looks from those that witnessed it. But not to let that detract from the Apache's great effort. Hats of for a great comeback victory. Good luck in round two.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 10:51 PM
well here i am give me all you got while i am enjoying this crow sandwich. Gz played very well or should i just say #22 played well he was all GZ had and we could not stop him.
but there is one thing about GZ that they should be very proud of. we had a guy down on the field with an injury and while it was quite the GZ fan were hollering that you suck, everyone in stadium could hear it now that is what i call classy. i have no respect for the fans that act like that the boys on the field yes but not the fans. They really suck.

Yeah, every town has a moron amongst them. Sorry that happened.

fire_it_up
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Just wanted to say Congrats to Gonzales. Hard fought game. I don't get on here much but do like to read these post I get a giggle out of some of them, but I just wanted to say because maybe the Fan that yelled something about someone sucking while a Bellville player was down on the field is on here, that was CLASSLESS and I hope the other fans put you in your place If not...... that is just sad!!!!!!

I was actually sitting right next to the guy that hollered "you suck". He was hollering at the refs from the play before. Our QB was hit out of bounds and a flag was not thrown. Our fans were still reeling about that. It was not directed toward the hurt player. Sorry it was construed as such. I can assure you the fan that hollered that would never direct it to an injured player.

Manso/V8
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Said it earlier , never was sold on Bellville being as good as their fans thought they were. Tonight proved my point, again Congrats to the Apaches.

Bellville was good but they were not expecting the level of play that Gonzales brought to this game. D26 has been a tough gauntlet for all 6 teams. Making the playoffs in D26 was not a cake walk. The fact that Gonzales comes off a loss to 1-9 Smithville and shuts down the vaunted Bellville offense to get the win says something about the quality of football in D26. So much talent and parity made it tough but it hardened the metal of the players and it showed in this first round of the playoffs.

D26 3
D25 1

Hook. I have to agree with you. I have never been sold on the 2013 version of the Brahmas being a top team. We did win the district championship, in a year when most of the other teams were down, but none of our wins this year against good teams were all that convincing. We had some talented kids, but they never seemed to gel. I got the feeling it was more about individuals than the team, and it takes a good team to make a playoff run. I had hoped they would get it together for the playoffs, but we saw the same kind of mistakes that have been frustrating all year.

Congrats to Gonzales. They wanted it more and they earned the win. Tonight the Apaches literally ran over us, and down our throat. The beat on at the LOS on both sides of the ball, and made plays when they needed to be made. #22 for the Apaches played a heck of a game and was a difference maker, but he had help from a whole bunch of teammates.

Best of luck to the Apaches the rest of the way!

P.S. Pudlugger, I think the word you are looking for is mettle.....

Snotbubbles
11-16-2013, 11:32 PM
I was actually sitting right next to the guy that hollered "you suck". He was hollering at the refs from the play before. Our QB was hit out of bounds and a flag was not thrown. Our fans were still reeling about that. It was not directed toward the hurt player. Sorry it was construed as such. I can assure you the fan that hollered that would never direct it to an injured player.

Awwww, it's ok to say it towards the ref. Tell the idiot next to ya, shut up next time. :tisk: Or, have him join a TASO Chapter and give it a shot.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Tonight the Apaches literally ran over us, and down our throat. The beat on at the LOS on both sides of the ball, and made plays when they needed to be made. #22 for the Apaches played a heck of a game and was a difference maker, but he had help from a whole bunch of teammates.

This is the Apache team, that if it went back to pounding it with authority as I mentioned, they are hard to stop.

fire_it_up
11-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Awwww, it's ok to say it towards the ref. Tell the idiot next to ya, shut up next time. :tisk: Or, have him join a TASO Chapter and give it a shot.

Snot....was that you in black and white out there?

Snotbubbles
11-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Snot....was that you in black and white out there?

Nope, spent Sat in Wimberley, after the game last night. But, it pisses me off hearing boneheads at games, who really have no clue. Like the officials miss late hits on purpose. Or, maybe it wasn't a late hit after all. From Motor mouths seat 300 yards away, it appeared to be though.

Nice win Gonsalez. I did pick this one right.

Gontex
11-17-2013, 07:50 AM
well here i am give me all you got while i am enjoying this crow sandwich. Gz played very well or should i just say #22 played well he was all GZ had and we could not stop him..

I think if you were watching the game, you would have noticed Gonzales had 11 men on the field all the time. That big offensive line had something to do with his success against you.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE P.S. Pudlugger, I think the word you are looking for is mettle.....[/QUOTE]

right LOL:o

BB BULLS
11-17-2013, 09:15 AM
I think if you were watching the game, you would have noticed Gonzales had 11 men on the field all the time. That big offensive line had something to do with his success against you.

yeah and sometime 12 HAHAHA you guys did get called for that maybe 3 or 4 times. and oh yes i was at the game all the way till 00:00 and then some. but if the OL was so good why didn't any of the other running backs do very well? good luck the rest of the way with one running threat.

Gontex
11-17-2013, 09:24 AM
yeah and sometime 12 HAHAHA you guys did get called for that maybe 3 or 4 times. and oh yes i was at the game all the way till 00:00 and then some. but if the OL was so good why didn't any of the other running backs do very well? good luck the rest of the way with one running threat.

Thump thump thump

duckhunter
11-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Thump thump thump

The sound of a volleyball bouncing on the court of the state tournament??

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 09:33 AM

Apparently that was enough to handle the Bulls last night. From what I heard and read the Apache O line controlled the LOS last night. That would explain the successful running game. BTW #32 their other hoss running back and mlb has been out with a broken leg since week 7. Not that injuries are an excuse though, as his backup has stepped up just fine. I think Bellville just got outplayed and out coached. Why they went to the passing game so quickly in the second half I do not understand. Down by only 4 they go away from their slot-t and run offense that has been their bread and butter all year? I guess that was because the Apache D line was doing their job and the Gonzales coaches were stacking the box, but for Pete's sake run the ball more. Too many 3 and outs in the 4th quarter killed them. BTW congratulations to the BB Volleyball team on their win over the leps.

duckhunter
11-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Gonzales stepped up to the plate and were the better team LAST NIGHT. 9 times out of ten I'd take the Brahmas though.

They came out last night flat and the Apaches took advantage of them. Gonzales controlled the line of scrimmage and it showed. When bellville was forced to throw the ball it was very clear that that was their weakness. If bellville could've got a few defensive stops the game would have prolly ended differently. Coulda shoulda woulda though...... What does bellville bring back next year? How did their sub varsity teams fare this year?

BB BULLS
11-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Apparently that was enough to handle the Bulls last night. From what I heard and read the Apache O line controlled the LOS last night. That would explain the successful running game. BTW #32 their other hoss running back and mlb has been out with a broken leg since week 7. Not that injuries are an excuse though, as his backup has stepped up just fine. I think Bellville just got outplayed and out coached. Why they went to the passing game so quickly in the second half I do not understand. Down by only 4 they go away from their slot-t and run offense that has been their bread and butter all year? I guess that was because the Apache D line was doing their job and the Gonzales coaches were stacking the box, but for Pete's sake run the ball more. Too many 3 and outs in the 4th quarter killed them. BTW congratulations to the BB Volleyball team on their win over the leps.

Pud we in the stands were wondering the same thing. we sure got out coached that is for sure, but our def give the offense some chances they just did nothing with it.
THKS for VB shout

Red Bull
11-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Congrats to Gonzalez! That #22 is a stud. Good luck in rd 2.

Congrats to Bellville on great season as well. This one will hurt for a while, but that is how it goes in the playoffs. One moves on and one goes home.

underthetepee
11-17-2013, 10:16 AM
22 is pretty darn good for a sophomore!!! Thanks Red Bull! Bellville has a very good team!!

The Bull #40
11-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Well, the crow is being eaten by this Brahma fan. Congrats to Gonzales on the win. My takes on the game: I think Gonzales keyed on Nunn up the middle and did a great job of shutting him down, I think we went to the passing game much too quickly when we were down by only 4 pts, I thought we came out flat after i bragged about Rowe having this team ready to play week after week. My opinion on the main reason the Apaches upset the Brahmas - Rowe was OUT-COACHED all game. Plain and simple. He has always been a great second half adjuster and defensive guru but I thought he did a horrible job of game planning and adjusting to the Apache offense. I didn't think it was that hard to contain a pitch play to the strong side every time by blitzing off the edge or shifting the line strong but maybe he saw something I didn't. I will say Gonzales' O line had our D line on skates all night and that #22 is a stud for sure. However, I do think 9 times out of 10 the Brahmas beat Gonzales, it's unfortunate the one other time was this week. Once again, congrats to the Apaches and good luck the rest of the way. Good season Brahmas, came up a little short but that's why you strap on the pads and the game isn't played on paper.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Well, the crow is being eaten by this Brahma fan. Congrats to Gonzales on the win. My takes on the game: I think Gonzales keyed on Nunn up the middle and did a great job of shutting him down, I think we went to the passing game much too quickly when we were down by only 4 pts, I thought we came out flat after i bragged about Rowe having this team ready to play week after week. My opinion on the main reason the Apaches upset the Brahmas - Rowe was OUT-COACHED all game. Plain and simple. He has always been a great second half adjuster and defensive guru but I thought he did a horrible job of game planning and adjusting to the Apache offense. I didn't think it was that hard to contain a pitch play to the strong side every time by blitzing off the edge or shifting the line strong but maybe he saw something I didn't. I will say Gonzales' O line had our D line on skates all night and that #22 is a stud for sure. However, I do think 9 times out of 10 the Brahmas beat Gonzales, it's unfortunate the one other time was this week. Once again, congrats to the Apaches and good luck the rest of the way. Good season Brahmas, came up a little short but that's why you strap on the pads and the game isn't played on paper.

Agree with most of this except I'm not buying that 9 out of 10 rubbish. There is no way you can make such a statement based on any facts. Just as you and many others were surprised by how well Gonzales shut Bellville down last night you have no real idea what would happen in another game let alone 9. Just accept it BB, Gonzales at this point in time is the better team regardless of prior records or team history. As for the coaching well I like what Churchill said:
"Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan." Coach Rowe surely had good reasons for his game plan but things didn't pan out according to plan which is often the case in football and war.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 08:58 PM

Well we played Gonzales and won big and they just beat Bellville. We also beat El Campo big as well. We beat Cuero big who beat Columbus big and we beat Columbus who beat Bellville. Do you see a pattern here BB Bulls? Maybe if I could draw a diagram here I could make it more evident. Looks like Bellville is the team that would barely make it in D26.

Manso/V8
11-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Well we played Gonzales and won big and they just beat Bellville. We also beat El Campo big as well. We beat Cuero big who beat Columbus big and we beat Columbus who beat Bellville. Do you see a pattern here BB Bulls? Maybe if I could draw a diagram here I could make it more evident. Looks like Bellville is the team that would barely make it in D26.

LG is a good team, but there usually comes a point where the wheels fall off for one reason on another.
That almost happened against Giddings.
It seems the Leps have a good path for a deep run until.......

1stnurseryman
11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
LG is a good team, but there usually comes a point where the wheels fall off for one reason on another.

Wow can't even admitt when ya got beat by a better team. LG wheels will not fall off. To be honest with you Giidings probably better than most teams in ur district!!

Manso/V8
11-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Wow can't even admitt when ya got beat by a better team. LG wheels will not fall off. To be honest with you Giidings probably better than most teams in ur district!!

You want a little more stink bait or are you ready to swallow the hook and sinker now?

pacdaddy
11-17-2013, 10:35 PM
You want a little more stink bait or are you ready to swallow the hook and sinker now?

I believe we are past this game already. Just live with it. It is done deal, its over, get on with what you do. Bellville was a good team that just got taken down and that is it. Its over. We are moving on to the next opponent. Thank you.

Good luck next year. Hopefully we will meet again, then you can start it all back up again.

Manso/V8
11-17-2013, 11:34 PM
I believe we are past this game already. Just live with it. It is done deal, its over, get on with what you do. Bellville was a good team that just got taken down and that is it. Its over. We are moving on to the next opponent. Thank you.

Good luck next year. Hopefully we will meet again, then you can start it all back up again.

Are you serious? Look at my posts before and after the game. You have it in your mind that I was talking all this smack. I never even said Bellville was going to win this game. I didn't make any excuses after the game, I congratulated the Apaches, and said they earned the win. I have moved on for sure, especially since I really wasn't expecting a long playoff run.

Pudlugger was the one that was doing the post game touchdown dance, so what is wrong with reminding him of past history and tendencies that he has described over the years? That's fair game.

It was sad for our kids to get eliminated, but that is the playoffs. I was genuinely happy for the Apache players last night......good luck the rest of the way!

BB BULLS
11-18-2013, 08:01 AM

if you to argue about d26 & D25 START A NEW THREAD. i will be glad to argue with you. and you better do quick because there is a good chance we will be in the same district next year. then we will see what happens.

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Just responding to one of your earlier posts not starting a new thread BB.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 08:45 AM

Manso, you cannot be serious. You guys need to get off that one season, Giddings game was a rivalry game and you know as well as anyone crazy things can happen.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 08:47 AM

This is a very true statement in my eyes, Giddings would have made the playoffs in that District. Each year District's change, **** happens.

WhartonTigers
11-18-2013, 09:14 AM
This is a very true statement in my eyes, Giddings would have made the playoffs in that District. Each year District's change, **** happens.

Giddings would not have made the playoffs in D25 who were they going to beat? El Campo, Bellville, Wharton, Columbus? i think not!

OLE'BULL
11-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I am still in shock that the Brahmas are one and done. I did not think that we would go more than a couple, three rounds. But I damn sure did not think we would lose to Gonzales. It seems like they knew exactly what we were going to do both offensively and defensively and stuck to their game plan. I just kept waiting for our rushing game to take over and it never happened. I dont know what I am going to do now, this is tough. Congrats to Gonzales on a well executed game plan, good luck the rest of the way! Brahmas, remember how this feels and dont ever take anything for granted. Hopefully the underclassmen can take something positive away from this. We will have some work to do next year, but I am confident Rowe will find the right guys and get the best out of them like he always does.

BB BULLS
11-18-2013, 11:46 AM
I am still in shock that the Brahmas are one and done. I did not think that we would go more than a couple, three rounds. But I damn sure did not think we would lose to Gonzales. It seems like they knew exactly what we were going to do both offensively and defensively and stuck to their game plan. I just kept waiting for our rushing game to take over and it never happened. I dont know what I am going to do now, this is tough. Congrats to Gonzales on a well executed game plan, good luck the rest of the way! Brahmas, remember how this feels and dont ever take anything for granted. Hopefully the underclassmen can take something positive away from this. We will have some work to do next year, but I am confident Rowe will find the right guys and get the best out of them like he always does.

we are losing alot key players i know these for sure. all three RB they will be hard to replace, our QB but Zaplac should do really good, TE, WR, i think all three LB, the DB's are young so they should only get better. not sure about the DL & OL.

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 11:47 AM

I feel your pain Ole'Bull. Last year the Leps drew highly ranked El Campo in round one D1. We were expecting to go DII but just like this year Smithville beat Gonzales in week 10 to throw a monkey wrench into the district race. We felt like if we got past EC we were in the clear for a good run but EC was just a better team. Oh well that's hs football for ya.

Manso/V8
11-18-2013, 12:17 PM
we are losing alot key players i know these for sure. all three RB they will be hard to replace, our QB but Zaplac should do really good, TE, WR, i think all three LB, the DB's are young so they should only get better. not sure about the DL & OL.

If I am not mistaken, the entire starting offense graduates, from QB, RB's, OL, TE, and WR.
Bellville has good kids to fill those spots.

The DL is still young, with freshman and sophomores starting, and or getting plenty of playing time.
The starting LB's graduate, but we have kids to fill those spots. Several younger kids had to fill in last year when starters were injured, and they did well.
I think we lose on DB.

This has been happening since Brahma football began, key kids graduate every year, and others get a year older, and stronger, and step up to fill those spots.
Coach Rowe is especially good at putting kids in a spot where they can help the team, and excel.
Since he got to Bellville three years ago, he has made several "non-obvious" moves to fill spots, coached them up, and surprised many.
I think his years in 2A where he had fewer athletes to choose from helped him develop the ability to see potential and coach kids up in new positions.
I am sure he will put together and coach a competitive team next year.

Manso/V8
11-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Manso, you cannot be serious. You guys need to get off that one season, Giddings game was a rivalry game and you know as well as anyone crazy things can happen.

The Leps are the best team in R4 this year and if they continue to play well should make it to the semis and a good shot at the SC game.
I haven't been following the other regions enough to judge how the Leps will do once they get that far, but I am behind them.

I was referring to the LG/Giddings game this year.
Most were expecting you to win handily, but I think you had a goal line stance in the 4Q or OT to win the game, which the Leps pulled off like good teams do and keep their undefeated record.
Sure it is a rivalry game, but as the playoffs progress, every game has a rivalry game type atmosphere.
It is important to focus week by week to get to the end.

teetle
11-18-2013, 02:19 PM
gonzales hases beens goods all year. Bellvilles always hases some excuses. Theys gots out coached, theys pregame meals sucks ,thuses theyes lostes, Refrees chinglelayes thems. The Truthes is, Theys justes gots beats bys a superior team. Enoughs saidses.:weeping::bigcry::bigcry::weeping:

BB BULLS
11-18-2013, 03:55 PM
gonzales hases beens goods all year. Bellvilles always hases some excuses. Theys gots out coached, theys pregame meals sucks ,thuses theyes lostes, Refrees chinglelayes thems. The Truthes is, Theys justes gots beats bys a superior team. Enoughs saidses.:weeping::bigcry::bigcry::weeping:

i will put this so you can understand. ies canes telles youes hases noes cluees. wees beates thees snotes outes of youes sealyes tigeres

YTBulldogs
11-18-2013, 04:01 PM
i will put this so you can understand. ies canes telles youes hases noes cluees. wees beates thees snotes outes of youes sealyes tigeres

:spitlol:

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 04:02 PM
The Leps are the best team in R4 this year and if they continue to play well should make it to the semis and a good shot at the SC game.
I haven't been following the other regions enough to judge how the Leps will do once they get that far, but I am behind them.

I was referring to the LG/Giddings game this year.
Most were expecting you to win handily, but I think you had a goal line stance in the 4Q or OT to win the game, which the Leps pulled off like good teams do and keep their undefeated record.
Sure it is a rivalry game, but as the playoffs progress, every game has a rivalry game type atmosphere.
It is important to focus week by week to get to the end.

I agree with the part about the need to maintain focus and intensity each week. The goal line stand was in the last 2 minutes. We took over on downs and took knees to end the game. I don't know how to explain the score other than to say Giddings was just darn good on defense that night. If I were an opposing coach I'd study that tape LOL. I'm certain our coaches found issues that they worked out with our team regarding the defense in that game. Giddings was a team very hard to figure with their on and off play all year. To start off beating a real good LH team then lose 6 games to finish 3-6 was a disappointment for the Buff fans for sure. They were to play Columbus in Sept. but like many games that night it was cancelled for lightening. That might have been a good yardstick to measure them by. Anyway, all that is history now. Leps need to bear down and beat Canyon Lake again to advance to the third round. Go Leps!

underthetepee
11-19-2013, 09:01 AM
good luck to the leps
I agree with the part about the need to maintain focus and intensity each week. The goal line stand was in the last 2 minutes. We took over on downs and took knees to end the game. I don't know how to explain the score other than to say Giddings was just darn good on defense that night. If I were an opposing coach I'd study that tape LOL. I'm certain our coaches found issues that they worked out with our team regarding the defense in that game. Giddings was a team very hard to figure with their on and off play all year. To start off beating a real good LH team then lose 6 games to finish 3-6 was a disappointment for the Buff fans for sure. They were to play Columbus in Sept. but like many games that night it was cancelled for lightening. That might have been a good yardstick to measure them by. Anyway, all that is history now. Leps need to bear down and beat Canyon Lake again to advance to the third round. Go Leps!

buff4ever
11-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Giddings would not have made the playoffs in D25 who were they going to beat? El Campo, Bellville, Wharton, Columbus? i think not!

I will start by saying that Giddings was not at our best by any means, and we expect to be better than 3 and 6 any year. But to answer your question a little bit. Giddings dropped a wide open TD pass in the Gonzales game that we lost 12 - 7. I think that Gonzales beat Bellville (granted bellville beat us by one score as well). We fumbled 3 times against cuero including the last drive of the game driving on cuero's side of the field and lost 24 - 20. I think Cuero beat Columbus pretty bad in the first round last week. As you know we played LG very well and missed a chip shot after 1st and goal that if made would have allowed us to make another chip shot on the final drive of the game with 1st and goal, not to mention if we could have just scored on one of those and won the game. Didn't LG kill El campo? Now, our bad game came against Yoakum, who did not fair well against Wharton, understandably, but Cuero played Wharton well. I know that match ups come into play here, but we also handed LH their only loss so far this year in their new stadium. Our defense was very good all year except the Yoakum game, but don't forget that yoakum recovered the ball on like 4 kickoffs against us between squibs and onside kicks, it was ridiculous to say the least. Our defense never got off the field that night it didn't seem like. Our offense just couldn't get going this year. A lot falls on our line here, and it doesn't help how many dropped wide open passes we experienced.

WE WERE THE BEST 3 - 6 TEAM IN THE STATE :wave:

Manso/V8
11-19-2013, 11:04 AM
I will start by saying that Giddings was not at our best by any means, and we expect to be better than 3 and 6 any year. But to answer your question a little bit. Giddings dropped a wide open TD pass in the Gonzales game that we lost 12 - 7. I think that Gonzales beat Bellville (granted bellville beat us by one score as well). We fumbled 3 times against cuero including the last drive of the game driving on cuero's side of the field and lost 24 - 20. I think Cuero beat Columbus pretty bad in the first round last week. As you know we played LG very well and missed a chip shot after 1st and goal that if made would have allowed us to make another chip shot on the final drive of the game with 1st and goal, not to mention if we could have just scored on one of those and won the game. Didn't LG kill El campo? Now, our bad game came against Yoakum, who did not fair well against Wharton, understandably, but Cuero played Wharton well. I know that match ups come into play here, but we also handed LH their only loss so far this year in their new stadium. Our defense was very good all year except the Yoakum game, but don't forget that yoakum recovered the ball on like 4 kickoffs against us between squibs and onside kicks, it was ridiculous to say the least. Our defense never got off the field that night it didn't seem like. Our offense just couldn't get going this year. A lot falls on our line here, and it doesn't help how many dropped wide open passes we experienced.

Every team in D25 and D26 has a similar story about inconsistent play, set backs, and missed opportunities except for La Grange.
I thought Giddings had a good team when Bellville played them this year.

speedbump
11-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Our offense just couldn't get going this year. A lot falls on our line here, and it doesn't help how many dropped wide open passes we experienced.

El Campo was the best 3-6 team in the state.

1stnurseryman
11-19-2013, 06:06 PM
This thread may never go away.. It's like herpes u think its gone then it raises its ugly head again..

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2013, 06:08 PM
This thread may never go away.. It's like herpes u think its gone then it raises its ugly head again..

Or hemorrhoids

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Or hemorrhoids

:redxpoke:

hollywood
11-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Now it's really going down hill!

:helpme: :tmi:

Manso/V8
11-20-2013, 02:32 AM

Oh that must be a drag.
I think they have have medicene for that now.

Pudlugger
11-20-2013, 03:43 PM
I agree with everything you said Buff (except the Bellville game was a two score margin of defeat 14-0). One of your assistant coaches said to some of the Lep fans after our game with yall while we were waiting to exit the stands (he was jumping over the wall to get down on the field to be with the players) that the game was so typical of their season to be in the entire game and fall short just at the end. He was very gracious but obviously frustrated by the way thing turned out. It was a tough year for Giddings but the record does not tell the whole story. Best 3-6 team in Texas.

teetle
11-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Sealy bes sucking justes likes the bulls. Sealy has no excuses they knows theys no good. Bulls thinks theys good and they suckses:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

MJMbrahmas10
11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
You have it twisted teetle. Sealy is horrible

Cam
11-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Now it's really going down hill!

:helpme: :tmi:

....and let it be noted I had nothin' to do with it!!!...BTW, I just voted for Gonzales!...:D

teetle
11-21-2013, 03:36 PM
I donts hases its twisted Bellville horribles and Sealy horribles. But Bellvilles thinks its goods enough to to bes ins de State finals game. I believes that thats verys foolish. Then theys crys abouts it. Theys always gots excuses.:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

whitelightning5
11-21-2013, 05:32 PM
I donts hases its twisted Bellville horribles and Sealy horribles. But Bellvilles thinks its goods enough to to bes ins de State finals game. I believes that thats verys foolish. Then theys crys abouts it. Theys always gots excuses.:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

Question of the Day......

Does it take teetle longer to write this crap or take you longer to read this crap?

teetle...I dont think I've ever heard anyone from Bellville claiming that Bellville is good enough to be in the championship. Did we expect to be playing after round 1?....yep. Do I think this team is as good as last year?....not close. At the end of the day, we still have another year to rub that W in your face though.

Snotbubbles
11-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Weather gonna suit Gonsalez perfect in this one. GZ BIG. Might see some "snothbobbles" coming from the noses with the coldness and pop's the Apaches will be delivering on both sides of the ball.

hookandladder
11-21-2013, 09:55 PM

Does it take teetle longer to write this crap or take you longer to read this crap?

teetle...I dont think I've ever heard anyone from Bellville claiming that Bellville is good enough to be in the championship. Did we expect to be playing after round 1?....yep. Do I think this team is as good as last year?....not close. At the end of the day, we still have another year to rub that W in your face though.

I think this years Bellville team and last years team about the same , not much difference.

Manso/V8
11-21-2013, 11:36 PM
I think this years Bellville team and last years team about the same , not much difference.

You usually have a pretty good read on the relative strength of teams.
I understand how you might think, or want to believe it, but you are wrong on this one and deep down (or probably not so deep down) you know you are wrong.

Both the 2011 and 2012 version of the Brahmas were much better than the 2013 version.
Much better defense, much better OL, much better discipline/execution, much better leadership, and much overall team play.

Certainly you remember the Leps game at the Pasture of Pain in 2011?
If not, I can remind you of the details.......

Pudlugger
11-21-2013, 11:56 PM
I also remember the 2010 game Manso.

Manso/V8
11-22-2013, 12:33 AM
I also remember the 2010 game Manso.

touché.............LOL!

If I remember correctly, the 2011 game led you to state that you were no longer going to follow high school football?

hookandladder
11-22-2013, 07:39 AM
You usually have a pretty good read on the relative strength of teams.
I understand how you might think, or want to believe it, but you are wrong on this one and deep down (or probably not so deep down) you know you are wrong.

Both the 2011 and 2012 version of the Brahmas were much better than the 2013 version.
Much better defense, much better OL, much better discipline/execution, much better leadership, and much overall team play.

Certainly you remember the Leps game at the Pasture of Pain in 2011?
If not, I can remind you of the details.......

I know it is water under the bridge however I would have given anything to play you guys last year, 2010 we thumped you guys and 2011 you guys thumped us. Last year would have been a great game between us that I feel certain we would have won, I am pretty sure you guys were totally dominated by EC in 2012. Yes the score may have not shown however sometimes the final score is not reflective of how the game really went, Bellville just not as good as what they really think this year and last. We all know after the first round in Region 4 the competition drops off, been there done that. Not saying it is a cake walk but nothing like Region 3 in football, you still have to take it one game at a time.

bag-o-chips
11-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Will this thread ever go away?

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 07:58 AM

you think its gone and !!BOOM!! there it is. WE ARE DONE JUST LET IT GO.

whitelightning5
11-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Bellville just not as good as what they really think this year and last.

We were as advertised last year. We went toe to toe with the state champs and lost. It's more than most can say. And you're right about the final score not being reflective of how the game really went....

This year was another story. We lost a bunch from '12. I said from the beginning (after the Caldwell game), that this team wasnt that impressive. I was concerned about QB play and our special teams. They did find another K who filled in nicely, but, in this offense, you have to hit some passes. Fuchs was able to do that last year. This year our QB wasnt as consistent.

Do you have something against Bellville? Deep, deep down? You keep bringing up all of these hypothetical match-ups between our 2 schools. Trying to create a LG and Bellville rivalry with your banter? At the end of the day, I guess its easier to talk crap when your team is undefeated and still in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
11-22-2013, 09:10 AM
touché.............LOL!

If I remember correctly, the 2011 game led you to state that you were no longer going to follow high school football?

I have no recollection of ever saying that Manso. I do remember I was upset over the disciplining of three of our top starters for giving blood on the off week in the school Red Cross Drive. Coach held them out for the first half when the Bulls ran roughshod over us. Coach was new and I think he didn't understand the chemistry of a Bellville La Grange football game. It is not the usual game atmosphere. Highly competitive as much so or more than Giddings. Bellville was a very good team that year and earned everyone's respect in LG.

teetle
11-22-2013, 09:46 AM

I knows thats yous rights about thats. Bulls gets luckys everys onces in awhiles. Enjoys its wilstes yous cans:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

whitelightning5
11-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I knows thats yous rights about thats. Bulls gets luckys everys onces in awhiles. Enjoys its wilstes yous cans:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

If past posters are correct....we are in the lead of the head to head series. So I guess you're rightses......weeses getses luckies mores oftenses thanses thoses Tigerses.

How did I do?

hookandladder
11-22-2013, 10:09 AM
We were as advertised last year. We went toe to toe with the state champs and lost. It's more than most can say. And you're right about the final score not being reflective of how the game really went....

This year was another story. We lost a bunch from '12. I said from the beginning (after the Caldwell game), that this team wasnt that impressive. I was concerned about QB play and our special teams. They did find another K who filled in nicely, but, in this offense, you have to hit some passes. Fuchs was able to do that last year. This year our QB wasnt as consistent.

Do you have something against Bellville? Deep, deep down? You keep bringing up all of these hypothetical match-ups between our 2 schools. Trying to create a LG and Bellville rivalry with your banter? At the end of the day, I guess its easier to talk crap when your team is undefeated and still in the playoffs.

Just telling it as I see it and this years team is not mind, them days are over. I follow the team however it does not mean near as much anymore, my team is Blue and White now that I follow. Also I have nothing against Bellville , just know them pretty well for the last four years and their talent has never been any better then ours the last four years.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 10:23 AM
If past posters are correct....we are in the lead of the head to head series. So I guess you're rightses......weeses getses luckies mores oftenses thanses thoses Tigerses.

How did I do?

you did great it didn't understand anything, just like when i read teetle's post

whitelightning5
11-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Just telling it as I see it and this years team is not mind, them days are over. I follow the team however it does not mean near as much anymore, my team is Blue and White now that I follow. Also I have nothing against Bellville , just know them pretty well for the last four years and their talent has never been any better then ours the last four years.

I think the greater part of our 3A schools are all pretty comparable....in regards to talent. Sure...you have your outliers at the top and bottom that are traditional powers or cellar dwellers. Most 3A schools are lucky if they have 1 or 2 DI recruits, but most schools have none. So yeah...I agree that our talent hasn't been better than most schools. That said, I still feel the Rowe has done great things with what we have.

Just remembering my glory days.....These past teams have been no where close to the early '00 Bellville teams. We weren't a wide open team, but we could run it down your throat or throw it all over the yard. Just like the option days of LG with Gunn at QB. Those were some good years.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Will this thread ever go away?not yet, haven't had a chance to vote, k voted carry on.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2013, 10:34 AM
I think the greater part of our 3A schools are all pretty comparable....in regards to talent. Sure...you have your outliers at the top and bottom that are traditional powers or cellar dwellers. Most 3A schools are lucky if they have 1 or 2 DI recruits, but most schools have none. So yeah...I agree that our talent hasn't been better than most schools. That said, I still feel the Rowe has done great things with what we have.

Just remembering my glory days.....These past teams have been no where close to the early '00 Bellville teams. We weren't a wide open team, but we could run it down your throat or throw it all over the yard. Just like the option days of LG with Gunn at QB. Those were some good years.2001 team had some good linebackers!

OLE'BULL
11-22-2013, 10:46 AM
2001 team had some good linebackers!

Sure did! ;)

44INAROW
11-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Is everyone through with this thread? Doing an quick poll of the posters...... should this thread be closed? Just curious.. makes me no difference.. :)

OLE'BULL
11-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Is everyone through with this thread? Doing an quick poll of the posters...... should this thread be closed? Just curious.. makes me no difference.. :)

I am not sure why you would close a thread that people are still posting on? I hope that didnt come off as rude, but I would think that threads usually die off eventually anyways, no need to close them.

44INAROW
11-22-2013, 11:03 AM
I am not sure why you would close a thread that people are still posting on? I hope that didnt come off as rude, but I would think that threads usually die off eventually anyways, no need to close them.

not rude - I've rec'd some PM's (from both towns by the way) saying - they'd like to give it a rest (not in those words but that's where they were headed) - not a big deal for me either way.. I was just trying to do what was asked.. but you're right - I don't see anything on any threads that warrants being closed.. sometimes it's just beating a dead horse :)

whitelightning5
11-22-2013, 11:25 AM

You do have a choice in the matter. Simply skip over this one on the way to the next. No one is making you comment or read this thread any longer.

1st and goal
11-22-2013, 05:37 PM

I say leave it open please. Hook just needs an extra thread or 2 to blow his warm air out. Once everyone realizes it's just warm air, and that he can't shoot ducks or catch fish worth a flip, they'll eventually get over it.... :)

Anyway, the board needs all the posters and warm threads it can get.

Manso/V8
11-23-2013, 10:21 PM
I know it is water under the bridge however I would have given anything to play you guys last year, 2010 we thumped you guys and 2011 you guys thumped us. Last year would have been a great game between us that I feel certain we would have won, I am pretty sure you guys were totally dominated by EC in 2012. Yes the score may have not shown however sometimes the final score is not reflective of how the game really went, Bellville just not as good as what they really think this year and last. We all know after the first round in Region 4 the competition drops off, been there done that. Not saying it is a cake walk but nothing like Region 3 in football, you still have to take it one game at a time.

Sure, we traded thumpings in 2010 and 2011. We had a big turnaround in 2011 with Coach Rowe's arrival, and we were all surprised by the success. We lost in the 2nd round in double OT to Coldspring that year. We had a slow start last year and didn't start playing well until after EC beat us down pretty good, plus we were missing some of our best players in that game. So, you can't compare the team that lost to EC to the team that entered the playoffs. I am sure a Bellville - La Grange playoff matchup would have been epic, but the outcome of that hypothetical matchup is a toss up at best. Remember, we handily beat a Cuero team in the first round that the Leps lost to the previous week. No one was saying Bellville was all that good last year until AFTER they played us and lost. We ended up being the best team in the R4 D2 bracket, and surprised a lot of people by how close we played Navasota. There was a lot of chatter about the Brahmas this year, based on the success we had last year, and because we had some talented kids returning. I never bought in to it, especially after the loss to Columbus.

Snotbubbles
11-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Sure, we traded thumpings in 2010 and 2011. We had a big turnaround in 2011 with Coach Rowe's arrival, and we were all surprised by the success. We lost in the 2nd round in double OT to Coldspring that year. We had a slow start last year and didn't start playing well until after EC beat us down pretty good, plus we were missing some of our best players in that game. So, you can't compare the team that lost to EC to the team that entered the playoffs. I am sure a Bellville - La Grange playoff matchup would have been epic, but the outcome of that hypothetical matchup is a toss up at best. Remember, we handily beat a Cuero team in the first round that the Leps lost to the previous week. No one was saying Bellville was all that good last year until AFTER they played us and lost. We ended up being the best team in the R4 D2 bracket, and surprised a lot of people by how close we played Navasota. There was a lot of chatter about the Brahmas this year, based on the success we had last year, and because we had some talented kids returning. I never bought in to it, especially after the loss to Columbus.

Not sure LG varsity even made the trip to Cuero last year. Why? LOL.

hookandladder
11-23-2013, 11:41 PM
I say leave it open please. Hook just needs an extra thread or 2 to blow his warm air out. Once everyone realizes it's just warm air, and that he can't shoot ducks or catch fish worth a flip, they'll eventually get over it.... :)

Anyway, the board needs all the posters and warm threads it can get.

Any time , any place Home Boy. Bring it on.

1st and goal
11-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Any time , any place Home Boy. Bring it on.

See what I mean about warm moist air.

hookandladder
11-24-2013, 10:07 AM
See what I mean about warm moist air.

Fishing and hunting , let's do it. Both are best in cool air with a cold one.