PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 D1 GOTW: La Grange (9-0) vs. El Campo (7-2) (edition 2.0)

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Well after EC took the Leps out 35-21 in round one in 2012 with a 28 point performance in the 1st quarter the La Grange Leopards are back for a chance to even the score. The Leps 9-0, 5-0 are coming off a convincing win over Cuero 6-3, 3-2 to propel them forward with momentum into round one while El Campo 8-2, 4-2 must shake off a disappointing OT loss to Columbus. With Bellville in D1 as 1st seed the Ricebirds get La Grange as D25 runner up. The Lep offense will be too much for the Ricebirds this year and the Lep D has arrived. LG by 14.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Get after them, Leopards, here is the chance for payback.

Leopards by 2 tds

Weebe
11-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Hopefully El Campo's defense can keep the game respectable.

El Campo weakness all year has been their offense and now they just don't have anything left with all of their RB's out.

bird_fan
11-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Weebe It does look bad for El Campo but I just cant bet against the Birds its just not in my blood and this is for sure a homer pick but EC by 3 2 years ago everybody thought we couldn'd even staay on the friel with Manvel they were wrong, And this year it doesnt look good but cant write off the birds this easily

1st and goal
11-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Sorry to hear about EC's RBs. Hope they get well, just not before next week....jk. :)

If LG hits on all cylinders like against Cuero, I predict a 14 point win.

Good luck LG! Represent!

1st and goal
11-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Where will they play? Waller? Victoria?

whitelightning5
11-09-2013, 09:16 AM
It hurts me to say this. I think LG is too much this year for EC. EC has just had too many injuries to overcome. Here is your rematch. Looks like you caught the Ricebirds at the right time. I hope Gillis can pull one out of his hiney..... GO DISTRICT 25.

hookandladder
11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Game is set at Columbus on Thursday 7:30.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 11:39 AM
LaGrange 28
El Campo 14

Lep's get the paybacks started Thursday night.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 11:48 AM
IMO, La Grange would have been a handful for the Ricebirds without all the injuries. Throw in the injuries, La Grange should win this matchup.

Leopards by 21.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 12:04 PM
IMO, La Grange would have been a handful for the Ricebirds without all the injuries. Throw in the injuries, La Grange should win this matchup.

Leopards by 21.

Certain El Campo posters don't think injury's has an effect on games. They'll be ok. All those kid's they have to pick from, someone will step up.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Certain El Campo posters don't think injury's has an effect on games. They'll be ok. All those kid's they have to pick from, someone will step up.

Interesting. Where were those kids against Columbus?

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 12:08 PM

Down on JV. They'll get that promotion this coming week. Like they have said, injury has no effect. Just plug in someone and resume.

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Lots of injuries for players in Wharton County this year.
East Bernard has five out and lost their good kicker two weeks ago. Coach Jerry Long's son had a season ending injury in a srimmage. Two other players got hurt during pre-district and are out for the year. Another player is out for the year with an illness. Wharton, Louise and Boling also had some key injuries

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 12:35 PM

Who is home team hook?

Weebe
11-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Scoop needs a Wharton County board to post on.

Manso/V8
11-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Scoop needs a Wharton County board to post on.

How many high schools are there in Wharton County?

I think whartonscoop.com is available.

hookandladder
11-09-2013, 03:08 PM
LaGrange 28
El Campo 14

Lep's get the paybacks started Thursday night.

I do not think EC will score twice , still cannot believe EC got beat by Columbus. D-25 did not have a clear cut winner, all teams were very beatable on any night.

speedbump
11-09-2013, 04:22 PM

In the game. We are and have been for a couple of weeks,down to our #4 and 5 RBs Our #3 MLB and have our best two D linemen out for the season. With only three starters back this year (two are out for the season) and all of the injuries and fumbles it's amazing the Birds only have two losses.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Hook, I agree. After what the defense did last night with two goal line stands stopping that #22 Cuero stud at 1st and goal on the 4 yard line I am a believer in the Lep defense. All season the big concern was the defense. Were they good enough to stop a quality team especially a running team and last night they did just that. The Leps need to repeat that performance Thursday as El Campo has a deep bench and no doubt Coach Gills will get them prepared for the Leps. No place in the playoffs for complacency. One bad night and you're out.

BTW are the Leps visitor or home Thursday? Columbus stadium is pretty nice but not real large. El Campo brings the crowds and I know most of La Grange will show up with their noisemakers and purple and gold outfits so seating will be tight.

Playoff atmosphere will step up over what crowd participation we had last night. Folks in La Grange who only follow football casually (all 5 of them LOL) have taken notice of this very special team. The first unbeaten season in 14 years is going to get everyone's blood stirring for a seriously deep run in the playoffs this year. No one and done for the Leps in 2013.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
In the game. We are and have been for a couple of weeks,down to our #4 and 5 RBs Our #3 MLB and have our best two D linemen out for the season. With only three starters back this year (two are out for the season) and all of the injuries and fumbles it's amazing the Birds only have two losses.

Dang Speedy you're starting to sound real YT like there with all the injury woe is me talk. El Campo has about a 1000 student enrollment more than twice Yoakum's, so if the Bulldogs can do it, there surely are a few underclassmen in El Campo who can and will step up to the plate. I'm not buying it. El Campo blew a good Sealy team out of the water (pun intended) after those injuries so the Leps will expect a tough and ready bunch Thursday. Columbus is a dangerous team capable of winning big any given night. It's not like you lost to Smithville like Gonzales did. No excuse for that in week 10 before playoffs. The Ricebirds had a game of it Friday and lost a close one in overtime to a very good Columbus team. Nothing to hang your head on and certainly not a condemnation of the El Campo program. I'm not trying to pump yall up just putting things in a proper perspecrtive. The Leps know what El Campo can do after last year's fiasco in the first and will not be fooled into complacency either if that is your goal.

speedbump
11-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Dang Speedy you're starting to sound real YT like there with all the injury woe is me talk. El Campo has about a 1000 student enrollment more than twice Yoakum's, so if the Bulldogs can do it, there surely are a few underclassmen in El Campo who can and will step up to the plate. I'm not buying it. El Campo blew a good Sealy team out of the water (pun intended) after those injuries so the Leps will expect a tough and ready bunch Thursday. Columbus is a dangerous team capable of winning big any given night. It's not like you lost to Smithville like Gonzales did. No excuse for that in week 10 before playoffs. The Ricebirds had a game of it Friday and lost a close one in overtime to a very good Columbus team. Nothing to hang your head on and certainly not a condemnation of the El Campo program. I'm not trying to pump yall up just putting things in a proper perspecrtive. The Leps know what El Campo can do after last year's fiasco in the first and will not be fooled into complacency either if that is your goal.

If Yoakum can do what?

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 05:03 PM
If Yoakum can do what?

Recover from multiple loses of key players to injuries in the first two weeks of the season and come back to get 3 wins in D26 and 2nd place in district by points in a three way tie is what.

speedbump
11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Recover from multiple loses of key players to injuries in the first two weeks of the season and come back to get 3 wins in D26 and 2nd place in district by points in a three way tie is what.

Well - we did that. Only we won 4 games in D 25 and we did it while our players were out,not after they came back. That's what depth does for you but having a depth advantage doesn't mean your 4th RB is as good as the three ahead of him. It means your second team is probably better than your smaller opponents second team and can be used to spell your starters more frequently giving you a fourth quarter advantage in close games. It's not like there were three more BJ Flaggs standing around waiting their turn.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Hook and Pud. Try this one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/california-jv-squad-pulls-off-trick-play-204658035.html

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Well - we did that. Only we won 4 games in D 25 and we did it while our players were out,not after they came back. That's what depth does for you but having a depth advantage doesn't mean your 4th RB is as good as the three ahead of him. It means your second team is probably better than your smaller opponents second team and can be used to spell your starters more frequently giving you a fourth quarter advantage in close games. It's not like there were three more BJ Flaggs standing around waiting their turn.

That is true if a team's success is built around only one or two players they are very vulnerable to injuries ruining their season. My point is that with the depth of El Campo there will be others to step up and get the job done. Sometimes real talent sits on the bench and never gets a chance because someone "better" gets all the touches.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 08:55 PM
That is true if a team's success is built around only one or two players they are very vulnerable to injuries ruining their season. My point is that with the depth of El Campo there will be others to step up and get the job done. Sometimes real talent sits on the bench and never gets a chance because someone "better" gets all the touches.

Injury's build depth. I agree, luckily we sustained our booboo's early, and past few weeks, they are starting to click together, more they play with one another. Giddings game, they looked like an entirely different machine out there. Good thing, they can even make more improvements. No peak yet. Now, we will filter in some JV'ers, who IMO -- could even start. They dern sure increase our useable depth bank.

speedbump
11-09-2013, 09:52 PM

I give up. You are right - ECs fourth team could give the Leps all they can handle and if we keep getting injuries the Freshman team will start and still the Leps will struggle to win. MEAN OLD BIG SCHOOL!! MEAN OLD BIG SCHOOL!!

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Okay I get the point you are making but that doesn't mean that EC will be a pushover just ask Sealy.

Weebe
11-09-2013, 11:11 PM
There are good 5a programs who aren't 4 and 5 deep at RB.

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 11:23 PM
What is seating capacity for Cardinal Stadium?

Weebe
11-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Slightly more than Louise.

speedbump
11-09-2013, 11:28 PM
What is seating capacity for Cardinal Stadium?

Scoop27
11-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Still like Rice Consolidated's stadium in Altair-The atmosphere of playing out in the country and away from everything

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Still like Rice Consolidated's stadium in Altair-The atmosphere of playing out in the country and away from everything

Really?

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Okay I get the point you are making but that doesn't mean that EC will be a pushover just ask Sealy.

Pud , Speedy is just making excuses already for losing and the game has not even been played. A 4A team two years ago with big numbers and they lose a couple of key players and they do not think they can hang in 3A, not a very good excuse. All teams have injuries, get over it.

speedbump
11-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Pud , Speedy is just making excuses already for losing and the game has not even been played. A 4A team two years ago with big numbers and they lose a couple of key players and they do not think they can hang in 3A, not a very good excuse. All teams have injuries, get over it.

I'd say we hang in 3A pretty good. The record speaks for itself. I don't live in the dream world you and Pud live in. There is this thing called reality you should try sometime. We have no offense, period. The biggest REASON (not excuse) is that we have 4 quality starters out with injuries. If your Leps can't get it done this year they never will. Another reality is that out of 182 3A teams,LG played the 178th toughest schedule. Their opponents amassed an incredible 30 wins.That's about to change.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 07:02 AM
El Campo will be our toughest test yet. Injuries or not, they have depth, a winning record and tradition. This year the Leps have established themselves as the team to beat in Region IV. They will not take the Ricebirds lightly. The Leopards want to make a statement Thursday and will come to the game with intensity and focus. May the best team win.

Scoop27
11-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Leps can't give up 28 points in the first qtr like last year

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Leps can't give up 28 points in the first qtr like last year

That will not happen this time.

Scoop27
11-10-2013, 09:43 AM
I really enjoy Gary Dusek from KBUK-KVLG doing the play by play and color on the game. I've known Gary for over 20 years

1st and goal
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Is Columbus the stadium with no parking spaces?

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 10:31 AM
I really enjoy Gary Dusek from KBUK-KVLG doing the play by play and color on the game. I've known Gary for over 20 years

You should listen to him do Volleyball, the man has got it going on.

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 10:39 AM
I'd say we hang in 3A pretty good. The record speaks for itself. I don't live in the dream world you and Pud live in. There is this thing called reality you should try sometime. We have no offense, period. The biggest REASON (not excuse) is that we have 4 quality starters out with injuries. If your Leps can't get it done this year they never will. Another reality is that out of 182 3A teams,LG played the 178th toughest schedule. Their opponents amassed an incredible 30 wins.That's about to change.

Speedy if you think D-25 was all that much tougher then D-26 , then you are not getting out enough. With 4A enrollment numbers , you should hang pretty good in 3A. You might think LG's schedule was easy however LG did thump every team on that schedule except a big time rival Giddings, so what's your point. You keep pointing your injuries and saying that you are not using them as your excuse, isn't that exactly what you are doing. Again with your numbers as Pud said, you should be able to just plug and play. Maybe not as good as injuried starter but should be good enough for little old 3A.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 11:16 AM
As far as I'm concerned El Campo is a formidable opponent not to be taken lightly and I'm certain our players and coaches agree. Injuries did not seem to matter when they thumped Sealy and I expect they will come out Thursday night ready for bear. La Grange has another shot at the team that derailed what could have been an exceptional season and decent run in the playoffs last year and are going to play their best game come Thursday to make up for that. Last year the Leps made so many errors in the first 5 minutes of the game they buried themselves. This year they have more confidence and are a better team than 2012, not so much more so in talent as in execution. This is an extraordinarily well disciplined and coached team that just plays really well as a unit. They have so many weapons on offense and now there defense has stepped up a couple of notches just in time for the hardened offenses to be faced in the playoffs. I like our chances Thursday. Go Leps Beat El Campo...just do it.

iFootball
11-10-2013, 11:23 AM
LaGrange is one of the premier teams this year in Region 4. El Campo is tough but LaGrange should with this one pretty handily. Leps by 18

speedbump
11-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Speedy if you think D-25 was all that much tougher then D-26 , then you are not getting out enough. With 4A enrollment numbers , you should hang pretty good in 3A. You might think LG's schedule was easy however LG did thump every team on that schedule except a big time rival Giddings, so what's your point. You keep pointing your injuries and saying that you are not using them as your excuse, isn't that exactly what you are doing. Again with your numbers as Pud said, you should be able to just plug and play. Maybe not as good as injuried starter but should be good enough for little old 3A.

1 - Teams from D26 not named LaGrange are 0-4 against D25 teams.
2 - We don't have 4A numbers or we'd be in 4A not 3A. Deal with it.
3 - Excuses come after losses. Reasons you expect an uphill battle are not the same thing. Is your whining for two years about enrollment numbers an excuse or a reason you think it's hard for what you call little old 3A teams to hang with bigger schools. Using your logic it's making an excuse even before you lose.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 12:25 PM

Who is home and who is visitor hook?

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Who is home and who is visitor hook?

Do not know as of right now.

iFootball
11-10-2013, 12:48 PM

Teams from D25 not named Sealy don't have the football history like the teams from D26.

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 12:49 PM
2 - We don't have 4A numbers or we'd be in 4A not 3A. Deal with it.
3 - Excuses come after losses. Reasons you expect an uphill battle are not the same thing. Is your whining for two years about enrollment numbers an excuse or a reason you think it's hard for what you call little old 3A teams to hang with bigger schools. Using your logic it's making an excuse even before you lose.

You are the one making excuses, I am bring up numbers only because you keeping crying about injuries. That is all part of the game, get over it. LG will be ready for EC , I am sure EC will be the same. The best team will win again this year , if we were to lose you will not hear any excuses from me. Just do not do that , excuses are for the losers of the game. Just saying.

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Teams from D25 not named Sealy don't have the football history like the teams from D26.

O Boy, think you opened another can of worms. Speedy gonna be all over that comment.

iFootball
11-10-2013, 12:54 PM
That was the purpose. It's funny to see him go on and on.

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2013, 01:46 PM
A good team is going home early.

speedbump
11-10-2013, 02:10 PM
You are the one making excuses, I am bring up numbers only because you keeping crying about injuries. That is all part of the game, get over it. LG will be ready for EC , I am sure EC will be the same. The best team will win again this year , if we were to lose you will not hear any excuses from me. Just do not do that , excuses are for the losers of the game. Just saying.

Again, excuses come after a loss, reasons you may struggle come before the game is played. How do you analyze your team without looking at their weaknesses? I know that's a tough question for the blissfully ignorant, but give it a try.

Don't use me for your excuse. You've been the biggest whiner about enrollment since I started visiting this board when we dropped down.

bird_fan
11-10-2013, 02:27 PM
La Grange did beat Columbus and they did beat El Campo How ever Columbus had an advantage La Grange dosent They had two week to prepare or El Campo knowing it was do or die for also They did something I havent seen in years and that is a team running from a stacked I formation and that when tey did the most damage on running the ball. For those who dont know a stacked I has 3 runner in the back feild kinda like a full house T formation with thgree runner in the back field I havet seen that type of I in year usually 3 inthe backfield in an I which you usually see is the power I with one back set to the side of the fullback

Scoop27
11-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Still think this game should be played at The Swamp in Altair

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Again, excuses come after a loss, reasons you may struggle come before the game is played. How do you analyze your team without looking at their weaknesses? I know that's a tough question for the blissfully ignorant, but give it a try.

Don't use me for your excuse. You've been the biggest whiner about enrollment since I started visiting this board when we dropped down.

Speedy, you are trying to make excuses already if EC does lose to LG. I have told you earlier and on other treads I will not make excuses win or lose, So with that being said yes I think LG will beat EC. If we do not have the first quarter from hell last year , the outcome may have been different. We are as good or better then last years, your ignorance and arrogance is well documented in every thread you post on. You like most EC posters think you know it all, come Friday you can post on threads however your team will most likely be out of the playoffs. La Grange 35 El Campo 7.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Speedy, you are trying to make excuses already if EC does lose to LG. I have told you earlier and on other treads I will not make excuses win or lose, So with that being said yes I think LG will beat EC. If we do not have the first quarter from hell last year , the outcome may have been different. We are as good or better then last years, your ignorance and arrogance is well documented in every thread you post on. You like most EC posters think you know it all, come Friday you can post on threads however your team will most likely be out of the playoffs. La Grange 35 El Campo 7.

:iagree::clap::clap::clap::cheerl::spitlol:

duckhunter
11-10-2013, 09:05 PM

Pot calling the kettle black here

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Pot calling the kettle black here

Duck, now you show up. Give us all your knowledgeable knowledge, you sure know how to talk craps but cannot back any of it up. Does anybody know what team you actually belong to, you just a bandwagon fan.

speedbump
11-10-2013, 09:17 PM

The problem with you is you want everyone to claim their team is the greatest on the planet so you can beat your chest and howl at the moon if you win. That's all there is to it. As for your quarter from hell - it may have seemed like it, but you simply got pounded by a far better team. I'm glad you are as good or better than last years team but that doesn't change the fact that we aren't even close to the team we were last year. That's reality. Whether you like it or not.

Pudlugger
11-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Duck, now you show up. Give us all your knowledgeable knowledge, you sure know how to talk craps but cannot back any of it up. Does anybody know what team you actually belong to, you just a bandwagon fan.

Forget it hook, he just likes to rag on LG. All this chatter on the board just makes me want it to be game time so we can watch some great football. I know most folks from La Grange are looking forward to exciting game and chance to advance in the playoffs. EC may have some injuries and may not be as good as they were last year but they are 7-2 have beaten some quality teams and want this as much as the Leps. So let's see some feathers fly Thursday and win this big.

hookandladder
11-10-2013, 10:07 PM
The problem with you is you want everyone to claim their team is the greatest on the planet so you can beat your chest and howl at the moon if you win. That's all there is to it. As for your quarter from hell - it may have seemed like it, but you simply got pounded by a far better team. I'm glad you are as good or better than last years team but that doesn't change the fact that we aren't even close to the team we were last year. That's reality. Whether you like it or not.

Yes getting beat by two TD's is getting pounded, if that makes you feel better you go right ahead and poke your chest out on that win. You are really something, Speedy. Amazing you think beating someone by 2 TD's is pounding them, you must be one of them Little league dads if you think that is pounding your opponents. That is funny right there.

Manso/V8
11-10-2013, 11:27 PM
I am just not sold on La Grange being the power team that is being touted.
Every season we get a strong sales pitch from Pud and Hook, and then something happens.
The team chemistry isn't right, excessive punishment from the coaches toward players, injuries, turnovers, peaking too soon, losing to Cuero in their final district game last year because of an injured TE and flat play, or the "quarter from hell", it is always something.
I know two key lineman are out at this point, are there other injuries?
Maybe the Leps can keep it together this year for a playoff run.

speedbump
11-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Yes getting beat by two TD's is getting pounded, if that makes you feel better you go right ahead and poke your chest out on that win. You are really something, Speedy. Amazing you think beating someone by 2 TD's is pounding them, you must be one of them Little league dads if you think that is pounding your opponents. That is funny right there.

28 -0 in the first is getting pounded your holeyness. What the hell do you think we were talking about. You're the one that brought up the "quarter from hell"

LiftingLep
11-11-2013, 02:53 AM
I am excited that this rematch is going to get to take place. I think that the Leopard team this year is a whole lot more dangerous with the duel threat QB, solid squad of runners, and a D with some attitude. In a way I think EC is going into this game with whatever underdog mindset LG went into last years with, which if given time to comeback they could make something happen and make this interesting. This being said, all LG needs to do is score right off the bat(as they should) and then not allow EC anytime to come back by playing keep away with our running game like it has been and church the clock away. Confused on the Thursday night though, was wanting to see this.

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Welcome to the discussion LiftingLep. Your analysis is spot on. Score quickly and early and get the defensive stops to play ball control.

As for Manso, we got one of the two lineman back and if we advance in the playoffs two games we'll have the other back. We are healthy. No excuses. Best team wins. Good luck to Bellville and Gonzales. Should be a better game than a lot of folks your way think.

When you are only one of two posting for your team you have to do a little cheer leading. Discussing what went wrong in a game does not always come down to excuses...chit happens you know. We all ponder what could have been when we are disappointed in an outcome...just the way we are wired as human beings. The Leps as a team and hook and I can take a defeat in stride. We did last year and now we're back for payback. Maybe if all goes well for both teams we will meet in the regionals. Whatever happens it will be because we earned it...good or bad.

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 05:48 AM
28 -0 in the first is getting pounded your holeyness. What the hell do you think we were talking about. You're the one that brought up the "quarter from hell"

Maybe we should focus on the task at hand Speedy. Thursday will be the end of one team's season. The Leps are determined to make it El Campo's exit.

speedbump
11-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Maybe we should focus on the task at hand Speedy. Thursday will be the end of one team's season. The Leps are determined to make it El Campo's exit.

OK , focusing on the task at hand. Thursday will be the end of one team's season. The Ricebirds are determined to make it the Leopards exit.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 07:54 AM
I am just not sold on La Grange being the power team that is being touted.
Every season we get a strong sales pitch from Pud and Hook, and then something happens.
The team chemistry isn't right, excessive punishment from the coaches toward players, injuries, turnovers, peaking too soon, losing to Cuero in their final district game last year because of an injured TE and flat play, or the "quarter from hell", it is always something.
I know two key lineman are out at this point, are there other injuries?
Maybe the Leps can keep it together this year for a playoff run.

I do know who you have been listening to but there have been no excuses, last playoff run 2009 was a good one. I can only speak for the last 3 years, 2010 was no playoff however we spank your Bellville team and 2011 missed out on the playoffs on points and also got thumped by Bellville. In 2012 we won the District Championship which has not been won since the Tye Gunn days, played a solid EC team which we had our chances in the second half weather Speedy thinks so or not. Just for Speedy - the quarter form hell was two fumbles inside our 25 yardline and a faked punt inside our 30 that did not work all in the first quarter , that is 3 scores with not having to drive more then 30 yards.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 07:56 AM

Were you even at the game, this post sounds like someone that was not.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 08:10 AM
That was the purpose. It's funny to see him go on and on.

Yes he is an easy target, he likes to ramble on from Katy.

speedbump
11-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Just for Speedy - the quarter form hell was two fumbles inside our 25 yardline and a faked punt inside our 30 that did not work all in the first quarter , that is 3 scores with not having to drive more then 30 yards.

Excuses are for losers. Welcome to the club.

speedbump
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Were you even at the game, this post sounds like someone that was not.

El Campo took a nice chunk of time off the clock in the third quarter and went up 35-7. When LG got within two TDs they stopped shuffling in second stringers and slammed the door. Dream whatever you want about it.

buff4ever
11-11-2013, 09:42 AM
LG by 17.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 12:12 PM
El Campo took a nice chunk of time off the clock in the third quarter and went up 35-7. When LG got within two TDs they stopped shuffling in second stringers and slammed the door. Dream whatever you want about it.

Speedy, you are so full of bull **** it anit even funny. the score was 35-7 at the half and La Grange scored two Td's in the 3rd quarter to make it 35-21. Yes, I am sure the EC coach had his 2nd and 3rd string players in the game to start the second half . If you are going to brag about winning by two scores , you could at least get part of the story right. That is pretty much all you do is tell stories, sometimes you might want to get the facts and yes that is correct no scores for EC in the second half.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Excuses are for losers. Welcome to the club.

There is no excuse is my comment, it is just facts of the game. At least you do admitt it.

Scoop27
11-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Common Opponent
LaGrange beat Royal 64-32 and El Campo won 56-6
La Grange's game against Needville was canceled because of rain and the Ricebirds beat the Bluejays 33-6

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Pud, you think a fellow in a Yoakum cap, would be welcomed on your side Thursday night? I really like to see this one. Who is home?

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Pud, you think a fellow in a Yoakum cap, would be welcomed on your side Thursday night? I really like to see this one. Who is home?

YT Yoakum folks always are welcome in LG. Half of the town has kin in Yoakum. When I find out who is Home and Visitor I'll PM you.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 03:33 PM
YT Yoakum folks always are welcome in LG. Half of the town has kin in Yoakum. When I find out who is Home and Visitor I'll PM you.

Thank you. I'll be there. I seen the first edition in Victoria last year, and agree with Hook's take. Wish we both had them 1stQ back from last year. From what I seen. Will Hook be tailgated? Ate with them last year at Memorial Stadium, and it was good.

speedbump
11-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Speedy, you are so full of bull **** it anit even funny. the score was 35-7 at the half and La Grange scored two Td's in the 3rd quarter to make it 35-21. Yes, I am sure the EC coach had his 2nd and 3rd string players in the game to start the second half . If you are going to brag about winning by two scores , you could at least get part of the story right. That is pretty much all you do is tell stories, sometimes you might want to get the facts and yes that is correct no scores for EC in the second half.

Read it and weep. Maybe it was hard for you to keep up with your tear filled eyes. So far you haven't even gotten PART of it right.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160766&TeamID=217&SearchType=Teams

speedbump
11-11-2013, 04:52 PM

By the way. If you can't handle facts you shouldn't have brought up last year. As for excuses and losers, you are the charter member. Why did you lose to Cuero last year? Run that BS by me again. Then run that crock of sh-- you're always puking out about YOU don't make excuses.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Read it and weep. Maybe it was hard for you to keep up with your tear filled eyes. So far you haven't even gotten PART of it right.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160766&TeamID=217&SearchType=Teams

That is amazing that El Campo and La Grange both posted on Max Preps that the score was 35-7 at half but no way the chronicle could be wrong.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
By the way. If you can't handle facts you shouldn't have brought up last year. As for excuses and losers, you are the charter member. Why did you lose to Cuero last year? Run that BS by me again. Then run that crock of sh-- you're always puking out about YOU don't make excuses.

Pretty sure you are the Excuse king, Good Luck with that.

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 05:01 PM

La Grange is the visitors.

BB BULLS
11-11-2013, 05:15 PM
hey speed would your fans mind a Brahma sitting on your side thursday night? birds by 7

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 05:16 PM

You are so dead wrong busted , you would beleive that ****** paper. If you were even at the game or not , your memory must suck. You are just totally busted, just pitiful. I doubt very seriuosly you were there, would you like to check and see on Hudl if EC had their 2nd and 3rd team players from the 3rd quarter on. I am betting you do not, a lot of hot air.

speedbump
11-11-2013, 05:21 PM
hey speed would your fans mind a Brahma sitting on your side thursday night? birds by 7

You can sit right in the middle of the Stands with your Brahmas gear on. I sat Bellvilles side last year and enjoyed it. Like Bellville, El Campo fans have class.

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 06:08 PM
La Grange is the visitors.

Good that means EC will be in Red. Last time we played in Columbus we whupped the team in all red. Leps by 14+

Scoop27
11-11-2013, 06:14 PM
At least everyone can eat at Schobel's before the game-One of the best buffet's around

speedbump
11-11-2013, 06:29 PM
You are so dead wrong busted , you would beleive that ****** paper. If you were even at the game or not , your memory must suck. You are just totally busted, just pitiful. I doubt very seriuosly you were there, would you like to check and see on Hudl if EC had their 2nd and 3rd team players from the 3rd quarter on. I am betting you do not, a lot of hot air.

I'll gladly check on Hudle. Get me a subscription and I'll pay you back when I get to feelin better.

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I'll gladly check on Hudle. Get me a subscription and I'll pay you back when I get to feelin better.

So to change the subject Speedy, tell us about the Ricebirds defense. Is it still as stout as ever or have they lost too much to injuries? Will they throw the ball more now that their go to guy Flagg is out? How did they score so much on Sealy? Is the Tiger defense that bad or does EC still have some juice after all in their offense?

hookandladder
11-11-2013, 08:17 PM

I will make it cheap for you, read your local paper. That is if you have connections to EC, The El Campo Leader News . Also hudl but not just anyone has right to view hudl , as far as high school .

speedbump
11-11-2013, 08:56 PM
So to change the subject Speedy, tell us about the Ricebirds defense. Is it still as stout as ever or have they lost too much to injuries? Will they throw the ball more now that their go to guy Flagg is out? How did they score so much on Sealy? Is the Tiger defense that bad or does EC still have some juice after all in their offense?

The defense is not as stout as ever but is still pretty salty. The replacements for Flagg and Dove have done a good job and with a couple of games under their belt the Birds D looks to have weathered the storm pretty good. The key for EC will be the offense. We have none. Gillis and his staff have done an amazing job this year but to beat the Leps they are going to have to come up with some sort of miracle. They have called up some very talented players from the JV so hopefully Gillis will throw them into the Leopards den. If he doesn't the only chance the Birds have is for the D to hold the Leps to a couple of TDs and hope for more of the excellent special teams play we have seen all year. EC scored one of their three TDs against Sealy on a punt return, the others on short drives thanks to the D and kicking game. The Birds didn't score against Sealy in the second half and didn't have a TD until the fourth quarter of the Columbus game.

Unless Johnny Unitis has been hiding on the JV we have no passing game. None, nada,zero. There is no doubt in my mind that Bob Gillis and his staff are right near the best in 3A football. They will have to be,to pull this one out. And they may just do it.

Weebe
11-11-2013, 10:45 PM
The defense is solid but not spectacular. They only gave up one regulation TD combined in the Wharton, Sealy and Columbus games. More often than not, teams have scored directly off our offensive turnovers or after being set up by our offensive turnovers.

But again, I just don't see how our offense scores enough against a good defense. When 95% of your offense in dependent on your RB's and you don't have any, the likelihood of beating a good team is low.

Pudlugger
11-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Speedy and Weebe thank you for these thoughtful posts. It sounds like a similar situation LG had in 2004. We had a great defense but our offense was just terrible. We would hold opponents for 3 quarters but tire in the 4th and lose because our offense failed to take advantage of the stops and score. El Campo still seems to be a winning team though with only an OT loss to a good Columbus team since the injury bug hit.

How good is the El Campo secondary? Can they defend the pass? La Grange has a very efficient passing attack with Davis at Qb. EC should expect to see about a third of the Leps plays passing. If The Ricebirds pack the box to stop the run the Leps will go to the air especially over the middle and play action stuff in the flats. The El Campo D will have to stop both the run and the pass to keep the Leps from scoring.

Only less than 3 days until game time and everyone around here is very excited. I sat with El Campo fans at the Bellville game and chatted with several real nice folks. I told them we would probably meet up in round one again and I don't think they took me seriously. :)

Weebe
11-11-2013, 11:15 PM
The offense wasn't great to start the year, but Flagg was a workhorse was capable of breaking a long run if he could get decent blocking.

Our secondary has been very good this year and has some playmakers. Much better than last years, which was obviously El Campo's biggest weakness. Of course, we haven't really faced a a good passing team yet(IMO).

YTBulldogs
11-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Hook, ya'll tailgating in Columbus Thursday? Love to visit. And, is Logan coming in? Pud, you going to game too I hope?

hookandladder
11-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Hook, ya'll tailgating in Columbus Thursday? Love to visit. And, is Logan coming in? Pud, you going to game too I hope?

No Tailgating with the game being played on Thursday and Logan has baseball practice, so just me and Pud.

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 01:09 PM
I'll be there come he!! or high water YT. I'll look out for you in the blue and white cap. IDK if Hook will tailgate. Be nice if he does and I'd show up for some bbq if he did. I might try to catch your game in Sealy Friday night.

gobbla4life
11-12-2013, 09:58 PM
LaGrange wins this game by 2 tds + , just my opinion. One of the most complete LG teams I've seen since Ty Gunn.

Pudlugger
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
LaGrange wins this game by 2 tds + , just my opinion. One of the most complete LG teams I've seen since Ty Gunn.

I'm glad someone else recognizes how special this LG team is. I have said earlier on this board that this is probably the best team since 2000-2001. The 2002, 2003 and 2009 teams were also excellent but they lacked one or two key players to be the complete team. The 2000 State Champion was such a complete team and the 2001 Finalist was very close as well. It will be interesting to see how this fine group of young men perform under playoff pressure. I have great expectations for their success. They are on a mission. First step is beat El Campo.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 08:04 AM
One more day. Leps are pumped. Beating El Campo job one in LG. The whole town is excited with signs in the windows supporting the team. The sense is that this team will advance in the playoffs this year and they are not going to be deterred by the Ricebirds again.

YTBulldogs
11-13-2013, 08:18 AM
"Guess what day it is?"-- camel

Yup, Wednesday. Day before the game. Shame this cold weather will not hang around for game time.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Hot or cold rain or shine the Leps will be ready.

Manso/V8
11-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Do you say the Leps are ready to rumble or ready to fumble?
I get the feeling that TO's are going to be a problem for LG in this one.
That might be their undoing.

hookandladder
11-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Do you say the Leps are ready to rumble or ready to fumble?
I get the feeling that TO's are going to be a problem for LG in this one.
That might be their undoing.

What, is Terrel Owens coming to the LG game to cause trouble.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 02:11 PM
The Leps have been very good in protecting the football. If turnovers are going to be a problem they will be the Ricebirds problem. More likely this game will turn on which team has the best offense. Go Leps, go D26, beat El Campo!

speedbump
11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
One more day. Leps are pumped. Beating El Campo job one in LG. The whole town is excited with signs in the windows supporting the team. The sense is that this team will advance in the playoffs this year and they are not going to be deterred by the Ricebirds again.

Do they have any doctors in LaGrange that specialize in depression?

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Do they have any doctors in LaGrange that specialize in depression?

Not really but there are a couple of Trauma Care docs yall can borrow after Thursday night. :D

speedbump
11-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Not really but there are a couple of Trauma Care docs yall can borrow after Thursday night. :D

No need. If you lose to what is allegedly the most finely tuned, well oiled, without a single weakness team to ever play the game,there are almost no adverse after effects. But if THAT team loses the lines at the clinic will look like Walmart the day after Thanksgiving.

Headhunter77
11-13-2013, 07:04 PM
EC sends LG home with a loss again this year! If Giddings gave you a scare, what makes you think EC won't do the same! LG is beatable just like any other team!
Get ready boys, It won't be a cake walk!

YTBulldogs
11-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Giddings would beat EC IMO. And, since your unaware, it's a big time rivalry, and current records and talent, meant nothing. DA. I do see it close for awhile, before LG pulls away and wins by 14.

Headhunter77
11-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Man, I hope LG has the same opinions as you do about EC! How many wins did Giddings have this year? Like 3! Be realistic when you post! They lost to Smithville?

YTBulldogs
11-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Man, I hope LG has the same opinions as you do about EC! How many wins did Giddings have this year? Like 3! Be realistic when you post! They lost to Smithville?

Wrong. You need to check your facts about Giddings. And, IMO--Giddings should of been in the playoffs.

Headhunter77
11-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Ok, sorry they beat SV, 4w's ?

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Giddings beat Liberty Hill.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 07:34 PM
No need. If you lose to what is allegedly the most finely tuned, well oiled, without a single weakness team to ever play the game,there are almost no adverse after effects. But if THAT team loses the lines at the clinic will look like Walmart the day after Thanksgiving.

I never said LG was without a single weakness only that they were the best team since 2000-2001 and were the most complete team since then. All teams have a weakness it is up to the coaches to find them and plan their game accordingly.

speedbump
11-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Giddings would beat EC IMO. And, since your unaware, it's a big time rivalry, and current records and talent, meant nothing. DA. I do see it close for awhile, before LG pulls away and wins by 14.

Giddings wouldn't score against EC.

Headhunter77
11-13-2013, 07:38 PM
That's great that they beat LH, but that didn't help them get into the playoffs?

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Giddings was a mystery to most of us this year. They were in just about every game until towards the end then just fell short. They were inconsistent from week to week. They never attained their potential but they had some good athletes. Next year they will be in the mix around playoff time so don't count them out.

LG will be better than yall are giving credit. You will see tomorrow night.

Manso/V8
11-13-2013, 08:02 PM
I just noticed that D25 eliminated 3 out of the 4 D26 volleyball teams in the first round.

Manso/V8
11-13-2013, 08:11 PM

I agree, we played Giddings this year and shut them out.
I think the Buffs put up 14 on La Grange.

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 08:58 PM

Too bad EC is playing La Grange Thursday night instead of poor old Giddings.

The Bull #40
11-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Too bad EC is playing La Grange Thursday night instead of poor old Giddings.

Lets go D25! UPSET ALERT, LG's Cinderella season stops in the first round - EC 28-21

speedbump
11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
I never said LG was without a single weakness only that they were the best team since 2000-2001 and were the most complete team since then. All teams have a weakness it is up to the coaches to find them and plan their game accordingly.

So .... what weakness do they have?

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Looking at records against strength of schedule El Campo won 7 games against teams that won a total of 19 games and lost 2 games with teams that won 14 games while La Grange won 9 games against teams with a total of 31 wins and lost to no teams. Based on this it would seem that El Campo lost to the good teams and won the rest.:stirpot:

Pudlugger
11-13-2013, 09:30 PM

That's for Coach Gillis to find out. :D

speedbump
11-13-2013, 09:55 PM
That's for Coach Gillis to find out. :D

He already knows. I was just wondering if you did.

Headhunter77
11-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by speedbump
That's for Coach Gillis to find out.

I think the over-inflated heads of some of the fan base might make them think they're to good!

Headhunter77
11-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Coach Gillis has been around the block a time or two! Believe it or not La Grange isn't the only "loaded" team EC has ever had to face . Act like you've been there before!

speedbump
11-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Looking at records against strength of schedule El Campo won 7 games against teams that won a total of 19 games and lost 2 games with teams that won 14 games while La Grange won 9 games against teams with a total of 31 wins and lost to no teams. Based on this it would seem that El Campo lost to the good teams and won the rest.:stirpot:

You have to play a good team to lose to one.

Headhunter77
11-13-2013, 10:18 PM
The best team LG played was columbus!
9-0 with weak schedule!
With that being said, good luck to the la grange and el campo football teams! May the best team win!

Pudlugger
11-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Coach Gillis has been around the block a time or two! Believe it or not La Grange isn't the only "loaded" team EC has ever had to face . Act like you've been there before!

We have been there before:
2a: 1975 State Championship
3a: 1997 Semi- Finalist; 2000 State Championship; 2001 State Finalist; 2002 Regional Finalist; 2003 Regional Finalist; 2009 Semi Finalist. Only a newbie on this board would not know the La Grange Leopard's history. As a fan I will continue to boost our team and defend our record from drive-by posters like yourself.

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Round two one year later, two of the best teams in Region 4 face off tonight again in Columbus. I beleive this game will come down to La Grange's OL , as long as the OL plays the way they did against Cuero I feel we should win this game. EC looks to have no passing game at all so LG needs to focus on stopping the run first and foremost, I would like to see Ledwick and Schindler getting more playing time on both sides of the ball to shut their running game down and make them try to do something they do not very well. Solid coaching from both teams, so having each team ready to play will not be an issue. Have to go with them Leps.

Headhunter77
11-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Good luck to La Grange !
Thank you for the history lesson! I'm not talking about the team though! Safe travels tonight!

YTBulldogs
11-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Awwww, it's finally arrived. Game Day!!! Able to return favors is always nice to be given the opportunity to do. Go Leps, represent D26 as you open things up tonight.

Pudlugger
11-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Awwww, it's finally arrived. Game Day!!! Able to return favors is always nice to be given the opportunity to do. Go Leps, represent D26 as you open things up tonight.

Game day! Time to stop all the homer banter and get ready for the game. Good luck to both teams for an injury free and clean football game. Prayers for safe play for the teams and travel for fans and teams. May the best team win. Go Leps!

44INAROW
11-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Game day! Time to stop all the homer banter and get ready for the game. Good luck to both teams for an injury free and clean football game. Prayers for safe play for the teams and travel for fans and teams. May the best team win. Go Leps!

Good Luck to the Leps.......... :)

Spanish Camp
11-14-2013, 12:51 PM
As noted (sorry for coming late to the party) El Campo has been hobbled by injuries this year. In a lean year to begin with, El Campo lost 6 guys who really could have helped tow the line. 4 in the backfield alone. I can't recall ever seeing as many key injuries to one team in the same year.

Becuase of the injuries, El Campo has been forced to play kids out of position and be very creative with their personell. A lesser program/coaching staff probably isn't .500 with this team.

Scoop27
11-14-2013, 03:12 PM
My good friend Gary Dusek from Weimar with the play by play
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

Pudlugger
11-14-2013, 05:16 PM
As noted (sorry for coming late to the party) El Campo has been hobbled by injuries this year. In a lean year to begin with, El Campo lost 6 guys who really could have helped tow the line. 4 in the backfield alone. I can't recall ever seeing as many key injuries to one team in the same year.

Becuase of the injuries, El Campo has been forced to play kids out of position and be very creative with their personell. A lesser program/coaching staff probably isn't .500 with this team.

Well they are 7-2 with a good run in D25, a tough district, despite the injuries so they must have plenty going for them. I expect the Leps will have a full plate to deal with tonight. Padilla has Leps by 13 and PigskinePreps Leps by 11 so it is close according to the experts. This is not the time to go wobbly. By my next post we'll know the outcome. Go Leps!

Blue42
11-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Go Leps Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Birds by 3 lg leaves early again

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 06:37 PM
where can i listen to game on line i am stuck out of town

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Birds by 3 lg leaves early again

Is this what you truly believe or you just going with your District, just curious if you think EC is the better team. Not trying to starting anything , just curious if you have seen both teams play and feel EC is the better team. I feel LG will have to play well on the OL , just know EC coach has studied the Columbus- LG game and saw what Columbus did to slow down the LG offense but is it enough to win when EC offense has really struggled all year.

BB BULLS
11-14-2013, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=hookandladder;1782378]Is this what you truly believe or you just going with your District, just curious if you think EC is the better team. Not trying to starting anything , just curious if you have seen both teams play and feel EC is the better team. I feel LG will have to play well on the OL , just know EC coach has studied the Columbus- LG game and saw what Columbus did to slow down the LG offense but is it enough to win when EC offense has really struggled all year.[/QUOTE

i have seen both teams play. LG is very very good the problem with that is they know it. El Campo will be ready for this game. the fact that Lg lost last year with very good team is a problem. you may not think so but it is. if LG wins that is fine with me. as long they make it to where they can play BV late in the playoffs that fine with me. and i am D25 proud

speedbump
11-14-2013, 08:40 PM
El Caqmpo 7-0 8:35 first quarter

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Touchdown Leopards!

1st and goal
11-14-2013, 08:49 PM
7 up!

speedbump
11-14-2013, 08:50 PM
7-7 --- 4:38 first qtr.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Touchdown Leopards!

speedbump
11-14-2013, 09:01 PM
14-7 LG end of the first.

Weebe
11-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Gillis isn't interested in winning this game as long as he keeps Supak in at QB.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Touchdown Leopards!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2013, 09:22 PM
oops missed one td

Touchdown Leopards!

1stnurseryman
11-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Gillis isn't interested in winning this game as long as he keeps Supak in at QB.

Awful early to be throwing coach under the bus.. Take my word for it LG is really good.

Scoop27
11-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Leps 28-7, under a minute left in 2nd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Awful early to be throwing coach under the bus.. Take my word for it LG is really good.IMO the top team out of region IV in either division.

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 09:26 PM
La Grange 28- 7 2nd , this game could get ugly , is this the second best team in D -25.

1stnurseryman
11-14-2013, 09:27 PM
IMO the top team out of region IV in either division.

They're the real deal.. U make a mistake and you'll pay for it..

speedbump
11-14-2013, 09:31 PM
La Grange 28- 7 2nd , this game could get ugly , is this the second best team in D -25.

No - it's a snowball rolling down hill.

Headhunter77
11-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Really good team! I think they will have a good run!

Weebe
11-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Awful early to be throwing coach under the bus.. Take my word for it LG is really good.

This is not a one game deal. Our backup has been the better QB all year.

1stnurseryman
11-14-2013, 09:43 PM

My bad thought y'all changed QB about 3rd week of season..

Weebe
11-14-2013, 09:45 PM
My bad thought y'all changed QB about 3rd week of season..

Our other QB came in the 2nd half against Bellville and almost brought us back. Hasn't played offense since then.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2013, 09:48 PM
2nd half started? Tired of listening to the country music....

1st and goal
11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
2nd half started? Tired of listening to the country music....
LOL....Ditto here too.

1st and goal
11-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Someone please go tell Dusek they are not on the air.... :)

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 10:13 PM
The rout is on 35-7 in the 3rd , wow this cannot be the best D 25 has to offer for all you fans that are hung up on Districts.

maestro
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
The rout is on 35-7 in the 3rd , wow this cannot be the best D 25 has to offer for all you fans that are hung up on Districts.

Don't want to lessen what la grange is accomplishing

Glad after their tough draw last year they can come out strong this year

The el campo you see now is not the injury free team of September and October
Just saying

Likewise I thought wharton was getting weaker as the season went on

Again, happy that la grange is having themselves a night !!!

bd62
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM

You second guessing a coach that has been solid for yrs and took El Campo to
State Finals last yr. Wow sounds like you need to get a Coaching degree and see if
you can do better.

Weebe
11-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Gillis is a great coach. El Campo is lucky to have him. Better than 99% of the coaches in Texas IMO and does more with his talent than almost anyone.

His one drawback has always been wanting to start a senior QB.

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Getting more ugly 42-7

Weebe
11-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Don't want to lessen what la grange is accomplishing

Glad after their tough draw last year they can come out strong this year

The el campo you see now is not the injury free team of September and October
Just saying

Likewise I thought wharton was getting weaker as the season went on

Again, happy that la grange is having themselves a night !!!

Very true. But, I agree, La Grange appears to be the real deal.

bd62
11-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Gillis is a great coach. El Campo is lucky to have him. Better than 99% of the coaches in Texas IMO and does more with his talent than almost anyone.

His one drawback has always been wanting to start a senior QB.

Agree with you 100 percent about Coach Gillis. Class coach. You know more about his history
with Sr QB. I sure you are a long time supporter.

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 10:35 PM
La Grange has second and third team defense , so EC may get a 100 yards offense now.

bd62
11-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Lagrange will be hard to beat D1 R-4 . Saw them last week against Cuero and they were by far the best team I seen this yr.

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 10:46 PM
EC had a really tough first quarter.
Congrats to the Leps!

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 11:22 PM
EC had a really tough first quarter.
Congrats to the Leps!

You really think the first quarter mattered , give me a freaking break. EC would have struggled to make the playoffs in D-26, get a clue.

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 11:24 PM

QB would have made no difference, your offense sucks and that is being nice. Defense not much better, EC just not nowhere near last year.

Weebe
11-14-2013, 11:28 PM
QB would have made no difference, your offense sucks and that is being nice. Defense not much better, EC just not nowhere near last year.

Agree. And la Grange is significantly better than last year. Amazing the difference two new QB's can make.

44INAROW
11-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Woohoo Congrats Leopards. 🏈👏

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

speedbump
11-14-2013, 11:32 PM

I tried to tell you.

hookandladder
11-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Agree. And la Grange is significantly better than last year. Amazing the difference two new QB's can make.

Weebe, it bothers me not at all. I am very happy for him, he is a very talented player and deserves the attention. We all know it kills you getting smoked by LG, your team looked like a JV team out there tonight. Hope it makes you feel better taking shots at a young man, it tells everyone what kind of jerk you really are. We have a number of skilled player on this team, it is no secret that this would be our year to make a great run. We were unfortunate to meet a solid EC last year first round, not so much this year. Hope you enjoy the round ball season. Go Leps.

Manso/V8
11-14-2013, 11:45 PM
You really think the first quarter mattered , give me a freaking break. EC would have struggled to make the playoffs in D-26, get a clue.

Well, I am sure the hopes were high for EC after holding LG to a 3 and out, and then scoring on a short field to go up 7-0......then the tide turned withing a few plays, and the tide turned in to a tsunami.
Every team except for La Grange struggled to make the playoffs in D26. Like last year, D26 was the most competitive district top to bottom.
EC was a good team until multiple key players got injured.

Weebe
11-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Taking shots at an entire team is no different than taking shots at an individual kid.

La Grange beat El Campo's ass. You are the only one who chose to be a dick about it. If you cant take it in return, don't dish it out.

Congrats to La Grange. Hope they make a deep run in the playoffs.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Taking shots at an entire team is no different than taking shots at an individual kid.

La Grange beat El Campo's ass. You are the only one who chose to be a dick about it. If you cant take it in return, don't dish it out.

Congrats to La Grange. Hope they make a deep run in the playoffs.

Pretty sure everyone knows who the dick is, enjoy your thump, thump. This goes back way further then tonight, Dick.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Congratulations to the Leopards. They came they say and they kicked butt. The game got off to a bad start when we got a blocking in the back penalty on the opening KO putting us on the 8 yard line. The offense ran three more or less ineffective plays and had to punt. The punt was a line drive fielded on the tun at the 50 for a return to the 13. The Ricebirds put it in in three more plays to go up 7-0. The huge EC crowd roared expecting another EC blowout but the Leps came right back pounding it out down field to even the score at 7-7. After that it was all LG. Two tds off a blocked punt and botched punt and 3 more on long drives ended the season for the Ricebirds. The LG 2nd and 3rd D held on the 4 for the final minute to get the goal line stand. Many posters on this board from D25 have doubted the quality of football being played in D26 but tonight the Leopards rolled over the 2nd best team in D25 dominating in every aspect of the game. For the other D26 teams, Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales listen up. These guys can be beaten. Your loses to LG stack up pretty much even with El Campo who beat Wharton and went to ot with Columbus. There is blood in the water boys. Go get some. Go D26 Go Leps!

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Many posters on this board from D25 have doubted the quality of football being played in D26 but tonight the Leopards rolled over the 2nd best team in D25 dominating in every aspect of the game. For the other D26 teams, Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales listen up. These guys can be beaten. Your loses to LG stack up pretty much even with El Campo who beat Wharton and went to ot with Columbus. There is blood in the water boys. Go get some. Go D26 Go Leps!

No one is really doubting the quality of football in D26, it is just that y'all are so sensitive about the D25 sweep last year it is fun to bring it up.
Remember two out of three of those D25 teams last year were among the top in the state in their divisions.
It's not such a big deal that there was a sweep.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Talking about taking out behind the wood-shed. Total dominance, all phases. Glad to have seen ya Hook. Sorry I missed you Pud. Congrats, keep it rolling Leps.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM

:iagree: Not sure why EC didn't try to throw it over the middle. QB could not throw out routes at all. LG too fast for the tried screens. Tried one pass down the middle, via a reverse pass, and #14 dropped a TD. Middle was workable, but--Gillis didn't attack there at all.

Headhunter77
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
You have a great football team in La Grange, that seems to be on track for a great post season! You don't have to be asses about it! Have a little class!
Good luck!

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:28 AM
For the other D26 teams, Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales listen up. These guys can be beaten. Your loses to LG stack up pretty much even with El Campo who beat Wharton and went to ot with Columbus. There is blood in the water boys. Go get some. Go D26 Go Leps!

Man, I don't know. Wharton is mighty fast though.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 12:36 AM
You have a great football team in La Grange, that seems to be on track for a great post season! You don't have to be asses about it! Have a little class!
Good luck!

Thanks. There was a huge dense of disappointment and dissatisfaction since the loss in round one last year. Folks in La Grange felt that we got mugged in that first quarter from a very powerful Ricebird team. We have been waiting all year to get another shot and tonight we did. There has been some heated banter between posters from both towns leading up to the game. Hard feelings aside, I congratulate the Ricebirds on getting to the playoffs with the adversity they have experienced and with a young team with only 3 starters returning they did darn well. I support all D26 teams until there are non in the mix. If the D25 team advances I will support them. Now I will move on to the next round and continue to spar with the competition.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Man, I don't know. Wharton is mighty fast though.

Fast isn't everything in this game. Brookshire was fast. My point is that If El Campo can beat Wharton 20-0 but lose 42-7 to LG Yoakum, losing to LG 28-7, isn't so bad. Yoakum should win this game. If they play up to their potential they have what it takes to win. Go Bulldogs!

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Fast isn't everything in this game. Brookshire was fast. My point is that If El Campo can beat Wharton 20-0 but lose 42-7 to LG Yoakum, losing to LG 28-7, isn't so bad. Yoakum should win this game. If they play up to their potential they have what it takes to win. Go Bulldogs!

Several Dogs at ya'lls game I seen. Maybe they like what they seen and will keep it rolling for D26? Wharton is sure fast though.

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Thanks. There was a huge dense of disappointment and dissatisfaction since the loss in round one last year. Folks in La Grange felt that we got mugged in that first quarter from a very powerful Ricebird team. We have been waiting all year to get another shot and tonight we did. There has been some heated banter between posters from both towns leading up to the game. Hard feelings aside, I congratulate the Ricebirds on getting to the playoffs with the adversity they have experienced and with a young team with only 3 starters returning they did darn well. I support all D26 teams until there are non in the mix. If the D25 team advances I will support them. Now I will move on to the next round and continue to spar with the competition.

You are taking this way too personally.

Blood in the water? Really?
Is that an appropriate way to look at high school football?

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Several Dogs at ya'lls game I seen. Maybe they like what they seen and will keep it rolling for D26? Wharton is sure fast though.

Wharton has some speedy players.

duckhunter
11-15-2013, 06:51 AM

No it isn't the best. Considering bellville won the district.

speedbump
11-15-2013, 07:49 AM

It was the "quarter from hell" You know it well, the one where the opposing team gets no credit. As a matter of fact, you invented it.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 08:00 AM
You are taking this way too personally.

Blood in the water? Really?
Is that an appropriate way to look at high school football?

It's a metaphor! You know, like "first blood" bloody nose" "sharks in the water". You're pretty thin skinned there Manso. Opps I didn't mean skinned.

Next thing you know you'll charge me with bullying.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 08:07 AM
It was the "quarter from hell" You know it well, the one where the opposing team gets no credit. As a matter of fact, you invented it.

Yes it was just like last year's game in many ways, just the table turned. You guys stated your offense was really bad and it was, you could tell there was some really young faces out on the field for the Birds. The big difference in this game this time around was after LG went up 28-7 at half , everybody at the game knew the Birds had no chance at all of making a come back. This EC team was nowhere near the level of last years team , which by the way was known to most knowledgeable fans. One last thing Speedy , last year's game was 35-7 at the half but this year it was 28-7. Just FYI.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 08:14 AM
No one is really doubting the quality of football in D26, it is just that y'all are so sensitive about the D25 sweep last year it is fun to bring it up.
Remember two out of three of those D25 teams last year were among the top in the state in their divisions.
It's not such a big deal that there was a sweep.

I personally think you are the only one that is that hung up on the D-25 -D-26, you can look back on a number of your treads you post on and you feel you have to bring it up. Hey if you like living in the past , then so be it. Good Luck with that.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 08:19 AM
BB Bulls wrote:

"Birds by 3 lg leaves early again"

Not so fast BB Bulls :tongue:

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Congratulations to the Leopards. They came they say and they kicked butt. The game got off to a bad start when we got a blocking in the back penalty on the opening KO putting us on the 8 yard line. The offense ran three more or less ineffective plays and had to punt. The punt was a line drive fielded on the tun at the 50 for a return to the 13. The Ricebirds put it in in three more plays to go up 7-0. The huge EC crowd roared expecting another EC blowout but the Leps came right back pounding it out down field to even the score at 7-7. After that it was all LG. Two tds off a blocked punt and botched punt and 3 more on long drives ended the season for the Ricebirds. The LG 2nd and 3rd D held on the 4 for the final minute to get the goal line stand. Many posters on this board from D25 have doubted the quality of football being played in D26 but tonight the Leopards rolled over the 2nd best team in D25 dominating in every aspect of the game. For the other D26 teams, Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales listen up. These guys can be beaten. Your loses to LG stack up pretty much even with El Campo who beat Wharton and went to ot with Columbus. There is blood in the water boys. Go get some. Go D26 Go Leps!

Well said Pud, I really liked the body language on the LG sideline even after the EC scored on their first series. The offense just took it in stride and went out and drove it right down their throat, the OL stepped up and paved the way for our backs to pick up big chunks of yards. With Davis at QB the offense is more like a Wildcat , his running ability is just like another RB back there and he is still able to make the short to intermediate passes. I know our D looked pretty good last night however EC offense was pretty bad, I am still a little concerned if we face a team that can run it and throw it. I was expecting a little more out of EC, even with their injuries this year. The table is now set to make a good run in the playoffs, one game at a time just like 2009.

BB BULLS
11-15-2013, 08:57 AM
BB Bulls wrote:

"Birds by 3 lg leaves early again"

Not so fast BB Bulls :tongue:

that made me LOL with the little tongue guy. congrats LG good game.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 09:30 AM

Sorry but El Campo was our worst game of the season and our first loss of the season..... That game has no Volume in playoffs..... Thats like me saying i can beat up YT because YT lost a fight to Pud and i beat up PUD......doesnt matter about who loss to who before... all that matters is TONIGHT! congrats LA Grange on the victory.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 09:32 AM
And Considering that you played against a RB that jus got on Varsity 2 weeks ago. lol La Grange should be in a high praise thanking God that FLagg and the rest of those guys were injured.

Red Bull
11-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Congrats to LaGrange! I got to see them for first time this year and they are very good in all three phases of the game. I think LaGrange can now make a little run and hopefully LG and Bellville can hook up for region 4 final. That would be great matchup. Both teams have a lot of work to do, but for internet site purposes it is fun to look ahead.

Also, congrats to El Campo. The LaGrange radio crew mentioned after the game that EC only returned 3 starters from 14-1 state semifinalist team. Add to that all the injuries they had to endure this year and you can see why they ended up 7-3 and bowing out last night to a very good LaGrange team. EC has nothing to hang their head about. It was refreshing and classy to hear the LG radio crew recognize this and not just bash EC.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 10:16 AM
And Considering that you played against a RB that jus got on Varsity 2 weeks ago. lol La Grange should be in a high praise thanking God that FLagg and the rest of those guys were injured.

Flagg would not have changed things much. Maybe a td or two. Fact is LG dominated every aspect of the game. The LG defense jammed up the los and another running back would still have been stopped. Flagg was a power runner along the lines of D'Anthony Hopkins of Cuero. I saw both play. In our game with Cuero Hopkins tired in the third and was contained after that. Same thing would have happened with Flagg. Both are excellent athlete's and deserve praise, but you can't win against a balanced team with just one strong horse on offense. With 50+ players on the rooster and 1000 students to draw from injuries are a poor excuse for getting beat. Wharton got beat by EC going away. It wasn't even close. Yoakum has everything they need to win tonight. They just have to believe it. Go Bulldogs!

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Was there any EC defensive player's out due to injury? That's were the greatest weakness was noticed last night. All I been hearing was offensive guys out. Like a hot knife through butter the Lep's went over and over.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Congrats to LaGrange! I got to see them for first time this year and they are very good in all three phases of the game. I think LaGrange can now make a little run and hopefully LG and Bellville can hook up for region 4 final. That would be great matchup. Both teams have a lot of work to do, but for internet site purposes it is fun to look ahead.

Also, congrats to El Campo. The LaGrange radio crew mentioned after the game that EC only returned 3 starters from 14-1 state semifinalist team. Add to that all the injuries they had to endure this year and you can see why they ended up 7-3 and bowing out last night to a very good LaGrange team. EC has nothing to hang their head about. It was refreshing and classy to hear the LG radio crew recognize this and not just bash EC.

Thanks Red, EC had a good run and has a lot of class. Getting shut down by the EC Ricebirds with a very good football team that could have had a nice run in the 2012 playoffs was a hard pill to swallow for LG. I think there was a lot of catharsis after last night's game and perhaps it was unfair to pile on the EC team. You have to know that the Lep posters have had to defend their record on this board with several posters to the point where the only resolution was a crushing win. I think our players felt that they needed to redeem themselves and make a statement. That has been accomplished as even the most vociferous doubters have acknowledged the La Grange leopards are for real and a force in 3a this year.

I hate to look ahead in playoff brackets but like a kid the night before Christmas peeking into his presents it is irresistible. An R4 final between LG and Bellville would be monumental. In the meantime, the Leps are preparing to take on the winner of the Pleasanton - Canyon Lake game tonight.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Was there any EC defensive player's out due to injury? That's were the greatest weakness was noticed last night. All I been hearing was offensive guys out. Like a hot knife through butter the Lep's went over and over.

Flagg was the MLB and i believe they had and outside backer out also, he was the 2nd string RB behind FLagg.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Flagg was the MLB and i believe they had and outside backer out also, he was the 2nd string RB behind FLagg.

So, for the most part--that EC "D" was able to dominate Wharton and hold them to 65 total yards? How the hell did they contain ya'lls speed? Cause, what I seen last night, we are alot faster than EC.

WhartonTigers
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
So, for the most part--that EC "D" was able to dominate Wharton and hold them to 65 total yards? How the hell did they contain ya'lls speed? Cause, what I seen last night, we are alot faster than EC.

Like i stated this was our worst game of the season we havent had one like that before or since..

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Like i stated this was our worst game of the season we havent had one like that before or since..

until tonight...:stirpot:

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Lest I forget to mention how well our reserves did last night they entered the game with 4 minutes left in the 4th when the Leps were on defense. EC kept their starters in and just went to their ground and pound game. They advanced from their own 35 steadily down field and I thought heck they're going to give up a late td. No they didn't with an excellent goal line stand inside the 10 to end the game on downs at the 3. Way to go D! In the late season playoff runs it helps to have reserves with experience and confidence. The Leps have a bunch of young players that will contribute now and next year.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 12:01 PM

Well said Red, all the trash talk aside EC team is a well coached class act. I know you do not want to look down the road to early but a Bellville - LG would be a great Final for Region 4 however after our game last night I feel Gonzales will definitely give you guys a good test. Right now I would have to say that game is a toss up on who wins , gotta pull for them Apaches.

bird_fan
11-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Flagg would not have changed things much. Maybe a td or two. Fact is LG dominated every aspect of the game. The LG defense jammed up the los and another running back would still have been stopped. Flagg was a power runner along the lines of D'Anthony Hopkins of Cuero. I saw both play. In our game with Cuero Hopkins tired in the third and was contained after that. Same thing would have happened with Flagg. Both are excellent athlete's and deserve praise, but you can't win against a balanced team with just one strong horse on offense. With 50+ players on the rooster and 1000 students to draw from injuries are a poor excuse for getting beat. Wharton got beat by EC going away. It wasn't even close. Yoakum has everything they need to win tonight. They just have to believe it. Go Bulldogs!
you moght also consider 3 of the injured player were two way starters

YTBulldogs
11-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Injury's don't mean nothing. Plug in and play.

bird_fan
11-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Congrats LG yo shoul at least make the regional fimals u and Bellville would love to see one you knock off Carthage

Manso/V8
11-15-2013, 05:01 PM
I personally think you are the only one that is that hung up on the D-25 -D-26, you can look back on a number of your treads you post on and you feel you have to bring it up. Hey if you like living in the past , then so be it. Good Luck with that.

I'm not hung up on D25 and D26, I just bring it up for good natured rivalry.
After the first round, I am pulling for whoever advances from the two districts.
There isn't much difference in quality of play between the two disttricts.
Our first round game against Cuero was one of our toughest playoff games until we met Navasota.
The sweep wasn't any big deal last year.
If La Grange had gone D2, they would have gone deep and played Bellville in the Region 4 final.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 06:16 PM
That's true Manso if we had gone DII we probably would have met up with Bellville in round 4. Water under the bridge now. We need to concentrate on our next game Friday.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=hookandladder;1782378]Is this what you truly believe or you just going with your District, just curious if you think EC is the better team. Not trying to starting anything , just curious if you have seen both teams play and feel EC is the better team. I feel LG will have to play well on the OL , just know EC coach has studied the Columbus- LG game and saw what Columbus did to slow down the LG offense but is it enough to win when EC offense has really struggled all year.[/QUOTE

i have seen both teams play. LG is very very good the problem with that is they know it. El Campo will be ready for this game. the fact that Lg lost last year with very good team is a problem. you may not think so but it is. if LG wins that is fine with me. as long they make it to where they can play BV late in the playoffs that fine with me. and i am D25 proud

Don't think this was a problem and yes , you may get your wish playing us if you make it that far.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 06:25 PM

So Speedy what weakness did you see LG has after last night.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 06:28 PM
He already knows. I was just wondering if you did.

So what was the weakness Coach Gillis knew , just curious.

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 06:31 PM
EC sends LG home with a loss again this year! If Giddings gave you a scare, what makes you think EC won't do the same! LG is beatable just like any other team!
Get ready boys, It won't be a cake walk!

Is this a post with class , this might be one of those ( Act like you been there before).

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 06:41 PM

Hard District to figuire out with Columbus beat the top two teams in District , so Duck were you actually at the game last night.

speedbump
11-15-2013, 06:42 PM
So Speedy what weakness did you see LG has after last night.

Didn't see the game. I think I'd like to see the D get tested a bit more, especially against a good passing team. Other than that I'd say they do everything else good enough to take care of region 4. If Bellville keeps improving it should be a heck of a game. I just hope that freshman for EC was paying attention to Ledwig while he was getting pushed around. We have the freshman and a soph. that are going to be really good. This is the way to learn. EC will be a beast for the next two or three years. (barring injury of course)

speedbump
11-15-2013, 06:44 PM
So what was the weakness Coach Gillis knew , just curious.

The pass defense.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Didn't see the game. I think I'd like to see the D get tested a bit more, especially against a good passing team. Other than that I'd say they do everything else good enough to take care of region 4. If Bellville keeps improving it should be a heck of a game. I just hope that freshman for EC was paying attention to Ledwig while he was getting pushed around. We have the freshman and a soph. that are going to be really good. This is the way to learn. EC will be a beast for the next two or three years. (barring injury of course)

The Leps beat 4a Marble Falls (4-6 ranked 57th in 4a MaxPreps)) in week 0. The Mustangs have a highly recruited 6'6" wide receiver named Garrett Gray 1216 total yards in receptions. I think he committed to UT iirc. Coach Dodge runs the spread and they throw 80% of the time. We defended them pretty well holding Gray to 74 yards his lowest for the season. Of course since then our secondary has improved throughout the season. I do not think we a weak in the secondary. We have the speed and athleticism in our defensive backs to match up well with any team in 3a D1 this year.

Manso/V8
11-16-2013, 01:16 AM
insufferable

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 01:19 AM
insufferable

:hand:

Ville-D
11-16-2013, 01:44 AM
The Leps beat 4a Marble Falls (4-6 ranked 57th in 4a MaxPreps)) in week 0. The Mustangs have a highly recruited 6'6" wide receiver named Garrett Gray 1216 total yards in receptions. I think he committed to UT iirc. Coach Dodge runs the spread and they throw 80% of the time. We defended them pretty well holding Gray to 74 yards his lowest for the season. Of course since then our secondary has improved throughout the season. I do not think we a weak in the secondary. We have the speed and athleticism in our defensive backs to match up well with any team in 3a D1 this year.

Hoping for an LG vs SVille final.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 01:57 AM
Hoping for an LG vs SVille final.

That would be epic.