PDA

View Full Version : Argyle 21, Celina 13 middle of the 2nd Q

charlesrixey
11-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Only 3 touchdowns scored against argyle in the first half this year. Two of them have come tonight by Celina.

jason
11-08-2013, 11:16 PM
update?

Black Swarm
11-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Argyle 63 Celine 13 final

Ville-D
11-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Argyle D2?

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

regaleagle
11-09-2013, 12:34 AM
It was an ugly game as far as wanting to see a battle. It just didn't materialize. What appeared on the scoreboard early was partly due to penalties and partly Celina on a couple of big plays. Other than those, they got shut down. Elliot had no answer and no help.....and was running for his life most of the game. Argyle mainly pounded the ball on the ground, and Sadler went 60 yds for a TD on the 2nd play from scrimmage. Argyle was up 21-0 with 8:45 left in the 2nd qtr. Time of possession was ridiculous. Argyle didn't really need to go to the air very much at all. From what I saw, the Eagles on offense are powerful and explosive with a slew of very good ball carriers. Both Boyzuick and Sadler can throw it, and both can run. There's about 5 more that will also get their carries....but Ralston is THE BEAST that every team dreads. His moves and speed are a thing of beauty also. Conner Wilson and Sadler are just terrific in traffic, and both have tons of explosive speed when they juice it. Ralston played some D in Sizelove's spot and made some tackles for losses, but you could tell on some plays that Sam was not there anymore to make the play. Overall, Argyle needs some fine-tuning and some more games to play WITHOUT Sizelove to make the defensive adjustments. Argyle actually has two starting LB's out for the season, the other being Christian Hackney who is also a senior and was All-District last season as well. But I will say this.....Argyle is very deep, no doubt. Next week Argyle will get Krum in the Round 1 of the D2 side of the bracket. Look out Gilmer and Graham.....Argyle is the real deal.

bobcat1
11-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Congrats to Argyle. You have a great team!

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2013, 02:43 AM
watching game right now..on TV the Celina grey at times looks like a Charcoal light blue or something....actually not bad

orange machine
11-09-2013, 03:03 AM
watching game right now..on TV the Celina grey at times looks like a Charcoal light blue or something....actually not bad

Well at least something looked good.

Twirling Time
11-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Celina vs. Gainesville ... Round 2!

Aesculus gilmus
11-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Argyle is about to receive that No. 1 ranking from the AP and everybody else.

I'm not sure that is a good thing for you. It makes you a bigger target. Gilmer just found that out.

I heard that some guy on the FOX Sports Southwest Scoreboard Show basically awarded Argyle the title already last night. Might as well call off the playoffs, I guess, but the UIL needs the money.

Aguilafanatico
11-09-2013, 11:07 AM
That's ironic. Based on all of the chest thumping I have observed on 3ADL this year by Gilmer posters I thought the playoffs HAD already been called of and a title awarded to the Buckeyes. I guess if Argyle is moved into the #1 spot the UIL will be forced to allow the D2 playoffs to continue. Don't worry, Nobody will underestimate Gilmer based on a close loss to Kilgore. Two great teams from what I can tell.

Aesculus gilmus
11-09-2013, 11:49 AM
That's ironic. Based on all of the chest thumping I have observed on 3ADL this year by Gilmer posters I thought the playoffs HAD already been called of and a title awarded to the Buckeyes. I guess if Argyle is moved into the #1 spot the UIL will be forced to allow the D2 playoffs to continue. Don't worry, Nobody will underestimate Gilmer based on a close loss to Kilgore. Two great teams from what I can tell.

I can only speak for myself here and I don't post as often as some of the others from Gilmer, but if you search what I have posted this season, all I"ve ever said is that I suspect Argyle is "for real." I think they probably should have been ranked ahead of Gilmer all along.

Argyle will be a HUGE favorite in this likely matchup in three weeks, especially among the Metroplex (or as they seem to want to call it these days "North Texas") sports media.

Aguilafanatico
11-09-2013, 12:04 PM
I can only speak for myself here and I don't post as often as some of the others from Gilmer, but if you search what I have posted this season, all I"ve ever said is that I suspect Argyle is "for real." I think they probably should have been ranked ahead of Gilmer all along.

Argyle will be a HUGE favorite in this likely matchup in three weeks, especially among the Metroplex (or as they seem to want to call it these days "North Texas") sports media.

I don't think either team should be considered a huge favorite in this rivalry. Too bad one of the two best teams in D2 will exit in the 3rd round. These two should be playing at AT&T on December 20th IMO.

jason
11-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Guess Celina is a bit overrated...
The 'nostalgia' of celina football is looong gone...
It's probably a good thing they didn't play Stephenville the last two years, would have resulted in a bullying charge against the ville....

Celina8
11-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I pretty much felt this was how the Argyle game would end up as I said they were playing at just a different level than what my Bobcats have shown this year. Congratulations to Argyle your team has all the ingrediants to finally bring home that State Title in Football. For the Bobcats, this game is over , put it behind you and get ready for Gainsville. That will be a very tough game and the Leopards will be fired up to play.

orange machine
11-09-2013, 01:44 PM
This game is not lost on the kids that's for sure. I had a friend come to the game and he was blown away at how ill prepared Celina looked. Argyle is awesome but there is no excuse to get beat by 50 points.

Celina8
11-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Not when you have a bye week for the second year in a row to prepare, still as others have noted Celina is not a top 10 team and they have not shown to be one in the past few years. It happens to all programs, but some deep evalution really needs to be made after the season is over, because our 9-1 record is more of a reflection of the teams we have chosen to play.

hollywood
11-09-2013, 02:02 PM
This game is not lost on the kids that's for sure. I had a friend come to the game and he was blown away at how ill prepared Celina looked. Argyle is awesome but there is no excuse to get beat by 50 points.

OM, it's kind of humbling when an outsider can observe those kind of things.

Honestly, I thought the same thing from an outsider looking in about Gilmer last night. And the Gilmer posters and fans have already said it, Gilmer looked its sloppiest and most unprepared that they had seen all season. Did Kilgore have a hand in that, absolutely. Just surprised me that the execution I'm used to seeing wasn't clearly evident in either team that were "ranked" #1 and #3.

Coaching plays a huge role in that. We're also talking about 15, 16, 17, and 18 year old kids here as well. Emotions and program buy-in are the other challenges.

regaleagle
11-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Not when you have a bye week for the second year in a row to prepare, still as others have noted Celina is not a top 10 team and they have not shown to be one in the past few years. It happens to all programs, but some deep evalution really needs to be made after the season is over, because our 9-1 record is more of a reflection of the teams we have chosen to play.

Not really....Argyle played whomever they could work a schedule with in predistrict just like Celina, and then played their district foes like everybody does. Actually, your Celina Bobcats would beat most teams in 3A with ease. You do have speed and a capable qb with some skill players. Your boys are not small. They will be much better after a few playoff wins and next season. Celina is 9-1....their only loss coming against arguably one of the very best teams in 3A. There may be 7-10 teams in 3A that would beat Celina, but Celina could possibly beat a couple of those. Celina's a year away from being a top team....I've stated this fact repeatedly on here. Next season Argyle will be competitive but not a top team. Two years from now when these sophs are seniors Argyle will be a top team again. This year Argyle has all the ingredients to get to the Big Dance. Unfortunately, some of our best players on defense will not be able to play. That could make a difference, but it may not. Argyle is that deep with talent and speed. This is definitely the most talented team to come thru Argyle to date....and I've seen them all since inception. There's been a better qb and a better, bigger OL before, but overall this team is much deeper and quicker, has better understanding from a coaching perspective, and has better team chemistry. These players just love each other and love to play together. That's the X-Factor that can't be taught and measured, but has to be taken into account. Also, the entire Argyle coaching staff has elevated itself to a higher level from several years ago. I noticed that, too. I can't really blame the Argyle fanbase for not being more rabid with all these blowouts. They EXPECTED 5 yd gains on every down, and didn't get excited unless the play was explosive or resulted in another score. Hopefully that will change in the playoffs, but it may not until the 3rd round. I'll wait til then before traveling to another Argyle game. No need to see Rounds 1 and 2.

orange machine
11-09-2013, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1780270]Not really....Argyle played whomever they could work a schedule with in predistrict just like Celina, and then played their district foes like everybody does. Actually, your Celina Bobcats would beat most teams in 3A with ease. You do have speed and a capable qb with some skill players. Your boys are not small. They will be much better after a few playoff wins and next season. Celina is 9-1....their only loss coming against arguably one of the very best teams in 3A. There may be 7-10 teams in 3A that would beat Celina, but Celina could possibly beat a couple of those. Celina's a year away from being a top team....I've stated this fact repeatedly on here. Next season Argyle will be competitive but not a top team. Two years from now when these sophs are seniors Argyle will be a top team again. This year Argyle has all the ingredients to get to the Big Dance. Unfortunately, some of our best players on defense will not be able to play. That could make a difference, but it may not. Argyle is that deep with talent and speed. This is definitely the most talented team to come thru Argyle to date....and I've seen them all since inception. There's been a better qb and a better, bigger OL before, but overall this team is much deeper and quicker, has better understanding from a coaching perspective, and has better team chemistry. These players just love each other and love to play together. That's the X-Factor that can't be taught and measured, but has to be taken into account. Also, the entire Argyle coaching staff has elevated itself to a higher level from several years ago. I noticed that, too. I can't really blame the Argyle fanbase for not being more rabid with all these blowouts. They EXPECTED 5 yd gains on every down, and didn't get excited unless the play was explosive or resulted in another score. Hopefully that will change in the playoffs, but it may not until the 3rd round. I'll wait til then before traveling to another Argyle game. No need to see Rounds 1 and 2.[/QUOTE

Celina is very young and started 3 freshmen last night and I think 4 sophmores so they should be better next year. Youth is one thing but I along with countless other people were scratching our heads trying to figure out what the Bobcats were trying to do on both sides of the ball?

Tom Foolery
11-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Argyle was clearly better than Celina on Friday night. I bet the Celina coach would like a do over on the 4th down play just 3 minutes into the game. I think he panicked after the quick Argyle TD. Argyle has a lot of seniors this year but also has 16 Sophs on the team. I suspect Argyle and Celina will end up in the same district next year and the bad thing for Celina is they got swept by all 3 Argyle teams. Argyle will be good for the next couple of years.

Celina8
11-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Argyle was clearly better than Celina on Friday night. I bet the Celina coach would like a do over on the 4th down play just 3 minutes into the game. I think he panicked after the quick Argyle TD. Argyle has a lot of seniors this year but also has 16 Sophs on the team. I suspect Argyle and Celina will end up in the same district next year and the bad thing for Celina is they got swept by all 3 Argyle teams. Argyle will be good for the next couple of years.

Argyle has done an outstanding job in building their Athletic programs especially as they pretty much started from scratch in 2000 I believe. Next weeks game against Gainesville is a huge game for the Bobcats, and right now I feel that game is a toss up for either team. Look for Gainesville to play this game as if it was their State Championship. They see the Bobcats as a wounded animal and they are ready to take advantage. If Celina does lose the grumblings that OM speaks of will only get louder. Been a long time it seems that Celina lost a first round playoff game.

With Argyle in D2 the only game I see being a challenge is when they meet Gilmer with the winner ending up playing at Jerry World most likely against either Fairfield, La Marque or Coldspring (just my opinion). I really do think Argyle brings home a State Title this year!

orange machine
11-10-2013, 02:17 PM

You have to keep in mind Celina has depleted the jv team and moved them up to varsity. Celina is starting 6 players right now that were moved up to the varsity within the last few weeks 3 of them are freshmen the other 3 sophmores. Then there are the sophmores that have been on the varsity all year.

BLACK ATTACK
11-10-2013, 02:47 PM
You have to keep in mind Celina has depleted the jv team and moved them up to varsity. Celina is starting 6 players right now that were moved up to the varsity within the last few weeks 3 of them are freshmen the other 3 sophmores. Then there are the sophmores that have been on the varsity all year.

Somehow i knew this was coming

orange machine
11-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Somehow i knew this was coming

I am absolutely not making excuses yall were gonna win regardless. Please don't take me talking about all the youth on Celinas team being an excuse because there isn't an excuse!

firstdown
11-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I am absolutely not making excuses yall were gonna win regardless. Please don't take me talking about all the youth on Celinas team being an excuse because there isn't an excuse!

OM any truth to the rumor that y'all had 4 starters suspended prior to our game and if yes will they be back for Gainesville?

orange machine
11-10-2013, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=firstdown;1780684]OM any truth to the rumor that y'all had 4 starters suspended prior to our game and if yes will they be back for Gainesville?[/QUOTE

Yes its true and I have no idea if they will be back. Number 77 nose tackle is a freshman, number 8 the safety is a freshman and number 67 the center is a freshman.This year has been one issue after another these kids have fought through adversity that's for sure.

Celina is only starting 2 seniors on offense and 5 on defense.

Celina8
11-10-2013, 07:38 PM
4 Starters Suspended???? Have not heard any such news, but hey I was out of town most of the week and also Friday night.

BLACK ATTACK
11-11-2013, 03:19 AM
[QUOTE=firstdown;1780684]OM any truth to the rumor that y'all had 4 starters suspended prior to our game and if yes will they be back for Gainesville?[/QUOTE

Yes its true and I have no idea if they will be back. Number 77 nose tackle is a freshman, number 8 the safety is a freshman and number 67 the center is a freshman.This year has been one issue after another these kids have fought through adversity that's for sure.

Celina is only starting 2 seniors on offense and 5 on defense.

whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better. starters, no starters, Wilwer-Hutchins was a better game

jason
11-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Seems like the Celina faithful are having a hard time dealing with the realization that Celina has become a team of slappies who are unable to compete with the big boys.

orange machine
11-11-2013, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1780688]

whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better. starters, no starters, Wilwer-Hutchins was a better game

Dude don't be an idiot I said even if Celina was healthy they were not beating Argyle!