PDA

View Full Version : Right Amount of Teams for College Football Playoffs

Yoe_09
11-08-2013, 01:14 AM
I know this discussion has popped up on here before, but with the 4 team playoff coming up next year, I figured I'd bring it up. Do you think the 4 team model works the best? If not, what should it be?

BJ Walters
11-08-2013, 01:17 AM
Personally, I'd go 8 but I wouldn't argue with anyone else's opinion because I'm not sure there is a "best" method so to speak

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 08:36 AM
I would like to see 8 teams just so nothing is left to speculation

OLE'BULL
11-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I think 4 is enough. With 4 going, everyone will say it should be 8 when 1 team every 10 years gets screwed. Same thing if 8 go, they will say 12 or 16 should go. Its a vicious cyle. If you haven't done enough to crack the top 4 teams, then try again next year.

1st and goal
11-08-2013, 09:36 AM
I say 8, only 1 more week to add to playoffs. If the powers that be want to have 16 (for the $$$) let it be. There will be more upsets and such. Then it cuts out more of the who who shoulda/coulda/woulda BS. Hopefully, with 8, at least the true, no ifs, ands, or buts, top 5 would be included.

They can make the playoffs into the new fangled bowl games. And seed the matchups based on total random picks out of a fish bowl.

End the regular season at the end of November.
Rank the teams as they are done now with computers having the biggest portion of the ranking.
Draw teams for matchups.
Have a 2 week cushion to start games just before Christmas.
Force the last 2 rounds of games into domed stadiums to take the weather out of the picture.
Finish championship game 3 or 4 weeks later.

Simple.

defense51
11-08-2013, 09:44 AM
I say 8, only 1 more week to add to playoffs. If the powers that be want to have 16 (for the $$$) let it be. There will be more upsets and such. Then it cuts out more of the who who shoulda/coulda/woulda BS. Hopefully, with 8, at least the true, no ifs, ands, or buts, top 5 would be included.

They can make the playoffs into the new fangled bowl games. And seed the matchups based on total random picks out of a fish bowl.

End the regular season at the end of November.
Rank the teams as they are done now with computers having the biggest portion of the ranking.
Draw teams for matchups.
Have a 2 week cushion to start games just before Christmas.
Force the last 2 rounds of games into domed stadiums to take the weather out of the picture.
Finish championship game 3 or 4 weeks later.

Simple.

This makes sense 1st and goal, which is probably why the powers that be wouldn't want anything to do with it.