PDA

View Full Version : The sad, unfortunate truth

BJ Walters
11-08-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm a Baylor fan, but I know we are not gonna get a shot at Pasadena even if we run the table.

The reason is ESPN...they own the rights to the BCS games and they are gonna get what they want and think will get them the highest ratings. Their bias was obvious during coverage of Oregon and Stanford. They refuse to include BU when talking about possible scenarios.

Pretty sad how biased the once proud network has become

I'm out

Tejastrue
11-08-2013, 12:36 AM
I guess you have not heard of the Longhorn channel.

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Look conspiracy talk is fun...but BU will miss about because of the computers..not some ESPN driven agenda

Weebe
11-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Conspiracy theories are fun, but do you think Baylor is better than Alabama, Florida State, Stanford, Ohio State or Oregon?

I'd say they go 1-4 if they played those teams at best.

BJ Walters
11-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Conspiracy theories are fun, but do you think Baylor is better than Alabama, Florida State, Stanford, Ohio State or Oregon?

I think they'd HAMMER Ohio St, could beat Oregon, would beat Stanford...I would rank them #3

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2013, 01:31 AM
I think they'd HAMMER Ohio St, could beat Oregon, would beat Stanford...I would rank them #3

I would flip could be Stanford and would be Ore...Stanford is physical people forget that..would be a great game

Weebe
11-08-2013, 01:41 AM
All 5 of those teams would be favored over Baylor. They may upset one.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm a Baylor fan, but I know we are not gonna get a shot at Pasadena even if we run the table.

The reason is ESPN...they own the rights to the BCS games and they are gonna get what they want and think will get them the highest ratings. Their bias was obvious during coverage of Oregon and Stanford. They refuse to include BU when talking about possible scenarios.

Pretty sad how biased the once proud network has become

I'm out

I really agree. If another Big 12 team like Texas or OU was doing what Baylor is, they would be in like sin. But their name is Baylor and according to the biased media Baylor can't possibly compete against the likes of Alabama & FSU. They will get a good bowl game but no title appearance sadly.

Old Tiger
11-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Fact is if Baylor uniform didn't say Baylor they would get more love from voters, and there wouldn't be this talk about how they haven't played anyone.

waterboy
11-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Playoffs anyone? It's time, in my opinion. BCS is based on polls and computers. One thing they can't do is measure heart. Neither can they measure matchups without "assumation".

OLE'BULL
11-08-2013, 08:57 AM
As long as Bama, FSU, OSU, and Stanford dont lose, Baylor wont (and shouldnt) creep past 4 or 5, 5 being more likely. Oklahoma is just not that good, it showed against Texas. Baylor is a great football team and I would love to see them compete for a NC, but I just dont think they will get a shot. Its not their fault, they are taking care of business every week. But so is Alabama, FSU, and OSU. Its unfortunate that Stanford was still ranked so high after losing to Utah. But even if Stanford was out of the picture, they still have Bama, FSU, and OSU to pass up. I also dont see Oregon dropping that far, right?

coach
11-08-2013, 09:08 AM
If Baylor wins out they have a legit shot. But I think OK State beats them.

oldtownag
11-08-2013, 09:10 AM
ESPN hates Baptist!

OLE'BULL
11-08-2013, 09:13 AM

How would they surpass Alabama, FSU, and OSU if none of them lose? I could see them passing Stanford MAYBE since they have the one loss? I dont know, the BCS is impossible to figure out! I just dont think they will get there, unfortunatly

New Taiton
11-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Their bias was obvious during coverage of Oregon and Stanford. They refuse to include BU when talking about possible scenarios.

ESPN's goal is to make money. Last night, Oregon and Stanford played on ESPN while Baylor played on ESPN's competitor's channel. It makes sense that ESPN would push the Stanford/Oregon game over the Big 12 game.

Emerson1
11-08-2013, 10:02 AM

No shot unless teams start losing. Even then I could see FSU losing to UF and still being ahead of BU. FSU is #1 in the computers and Alabama is #1 in the human polls. BU's was at .660 (9th) in the computers and Stanford was already at .790 (t5th) before beating Oregon. Texas did the same thing to OU that BU did so I don't see them getting extra love from voters.

Rabid Cougar
11-08-2013, 10:08 AM

Disagree... I say 4-1. Pick the one.

coach
How would they surpass Alabama, FSU, and OSU if none of them lose? I could see them passing Stanford MAYBE since they have the one loss? I dont know, the BCS is impossible to figure out! I just dont think they will get there, unfortunatly

If they all go undefeated they wont, but if Baylor takes care of business its possible 2 of those teams lose. Hell, bama might lose tomorow.

Farmersfan
I think there is certainly a bias against Baylor. But it isn't an intentional or malicious bias. It's a bias that was created by a long, long history of mediocrity from Baylor. The Baylor football program will have to overcome this bias with a lot of years of being competitive. We don't see this kind of bias against the Baylor girl's Basketball team do we? It takes a long time and lot of winning to earn the benefit of a doubt.....

coach
11-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I think there is certainly a bias against Baylor. But it isn't an intentional or malicious bias. It's a bias that was created by a long, long history of mediocrity from Baylor. The Baylor football program will have to overcome this bias with a lot of years of being competitive. We don't see this kind of bias against the Baylor girl's Basketball team do we? It takes a long time and lot of winning to earn the benefit of a doubt.....

boom. he hit the nail on the head with this post

Emerson1
11-08-2013, 10:15 AM
No they have to overcome it by scheduling a decent team in their out of conference. Their hardest opponent the next 6 years is SMU... If they had played a top 25, or even someone with some name recognition earlier in the year they would be in the conversation. Right now their biggest win is against a team that got embarrassed by Texas. The Baylor's girl basketball team had the Michael Jordan of women's basketball on their team and they play in a sport with a playoff so a bias on who makes it to the championship game can't exist.

icu812
11-08-2013, 01:48 PM
No shot unless teams start losing. Even then I could see FSU losing to UF and still being ahead of BU. FSU is #1 in the computers and Alabama is #1 in the human polls. BU's was at .660 (9th) in the computers and Stanford was already at .790 (t5th) before beating Oregon. Texas did the same thing to OU that BU did so I don't see them getting extra love from voters.

Baylor still has ranked teams on their schedule. If they win out they will move ahead of Stanford in the computers and any human would be biased if they didn't put them ahead of a Stanford team with a bad, bad loss (and I really like Stanford). Alabama and FSU are far from being locks to win out. Ohio State's schedule makes Baylor's look like they play in the SEC. It will be a joke if Ohio State plays for the NC. IMO Baylor playing for the NC is possible if they win out in impressive fashion and Alabama or FSU slip up. Wouldn't surprise me if LSU makes this a reality tomorrow. Baylor is the best college team in Texas so I'd like to see them get a shot at a NC. If it was A&M, TCU, TT, UT or any other TX team I'd feel the same way.

regaleagle
11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Baylor still has ranked teams on their schedule. If they win out they will move ahead of Stanford in the computers and any human would be biased if they didn't put them ahead of a Stanford team with a bad, bad loss (and I really like Stanford). Alabama and FSU are far from being locks to win out. Ohio State's schedule makes Baylor's look like they play in the SEC. It will be a joke if Ohio State plays for the NC. IMO Baylor playing for the NC is possible if they win out in impressive fashion and Alabama or FSU slip up. Wouldn't surprise me if LSU makes this a reality tomorrow. Baylor is the best college team in Texas so I'd like to see them get a shot at a NC. If it was A&M, TCU, TT, UT or any other TX team I'd feel the same way.

:iagree: Good post, icu812. That's pretty much the way I feel, too. And the scenarios you outlined above are all very possible. That gives us something to still hang our hats on going forward in the rest of this season. Baylor DOES still have a shot....and that's all you can ask at this juncture.

GrTigers6
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM

THE same as TCU in Daltons QB Days. They should have had a better BCS game

PhiI C
11-08-2013, 02:37 PM
ESPN hates Baptist!

oldtownag I admire the Baptist Church.

coachc45
11-08-2013, 02:49 PM

I totally agree.

oldtownag
11-08-2013, 02:50 PM
oldtownag I admire the Baptist Church.

Me too but you can't take em fishing.

Old Tiger
11-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Playoffs anyone? It's time, in my opinion. BCS is based on polls and computers. One thing they can't do is measure heart. Neither can they measure matchups without "assumation".

Baylor probably wouldn't even get in that....

It'd be Bama, FSU, Ohio St, Stanford

What is happening to Baylor right now is why Art Briles needs to be at a school like Texas. If their jersey was Texas they would be beloved by the voters and get the benefit of the doubt.

vtskneb
11-08-2013, 04:18 PM
i think All 5 of those teams would be favored over Baylor. I believe They may upset one.

Fify

Emerson1
11-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Baylor probably wouldn't even get in that....

It'd be Bama, FSU, Ohio St, Stanford

What is happening to Baylor right now is why Art Briles needs to be at a school like Texas. If their jersey was Texas they would be beloved by the voters and get the benefit of the doubt.

The computers have no bias and they all hate Baylor. OU's high ranking from the computers is solely because of the win over ND. Which refers back to a point I made earlier about Baylor needing to make it to SMU isn't their toughest OoC opponent the next 6 years/

Manso/V8
11-09-2013, 12:47 AM
ESPN's goal is to make money. Last night, Oregon and Stanford played on ESPN while Baylor played on ESPN's competitor's channel. It makes sense that ESPN would push the Stanford/Oregon game over the Big 12 game.

Speaking of money, did you get those student loans paid off yet?