PDA

View Full Version : duckbutter are you seeing this?

sphinx1906
09-08-2003, 10:26 AM
Newton won,Kirbyville won, Diboll won, Woodville won, and Jasper won. Looks like district 20 could be a pretty tough one this year. Kirbyville has not been scored on on defense. Timpson scored on a fumble recovery so they actually pitched a defensive shutout. Newton did the same. Looks pretty bad for those who visit Jasper and Newton county!! what do you think?

Compudyne
09-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Sphinx, you are right about the Timpson game. Timpson returned a fumble late in the game for their only score. Kirbyville gave up 2 touchdowns to San Augustine the week before. Looks like 20AAA is shaping up to be a good one. Good Luck this week against the Crutch.

sphinx1906
09-08-2003, 01:13 PM
I appreciate the support for the eagles and I hope "the-ville" has a good week against Buna. It looks like Coach Alvarez has got things rolling pretty well in k-town and Coach Barbay has got the right kids doing things on defense. Good luck to you this week.

crimson blood
09-08-2003, 02:10 PM
:o 200 yards in the air!? that is more in one game than K-V had in all the pre-district last year. who did they find to replace the graduated qb? :cool:

duckbutter
09-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Yeah it's going to get real interesting this yr. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Newton and Kirbyville will be #1 and #2 with Jasper and Woodville in a battle for third...

Bulldog92
09-08-2003, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Coach Alvarez finally got over the hump in our district. I got to know him during his first year as an assistant in Jasper during the '90-91 school year and he's a great guy and an excellent coach. It's tough to see two guys I respect so much in this district (Walkoviak in Newton) competing against us, but I wish them both well...except when they're playing the Bulldogs.... :D

St. Ivender
09-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Newton's defense looked tough against Hempstead. They will prolly pitch the shut-out against "the Crutch". It may be a blood bath.

Compudyne
09-09-2003, 09:01 AM
Crimson, That was with 2 back up Quarterbacks. They combined for over 200 yards in the air.

Duck, That is a pretty bold prediction. I would love to see that happen.

crimson blood
09-10-2003, 11:50 PM
c'dyno: not 2 backups i learned today it was with a shortstop and a pitcher eek!

Rabbit'93
09-11-2003, 12:10 AM
Hey duckbutter. Does your screen name mean what I think it means. If so that's hilarious. If not forget I ever mentioned it.

spiveyrat
09-11-2003, 06:51 AM
Compudyne:
Crimson, That was with 2 back up Quarterbacks. They combined for over 200 yards in the air.

Duck, That is a pretty bold prediction. I would love to see that happen.No love for Jasper?

Compudyne
09-11-2003, 08:12 AM
It is hard to have love for a school that has almost twice the enrollment as the rest of the district schools. I always enjoy it when a smaller school gets a win over a larger school.

sphinx1906
09-11-2003, 09:34 AM
I agree Comp, these schools with these large enrollments have two sometimes three times the number of kids to choose from. Jasper for instance graduated 36 seniors off their football team and Newton for example had 26 total on their varsity. That makes a big difference. Jasper however was on the bottom end of 4a for a while so I guess every dog has its day. I just makes it that much sweeter when you beat a team with those odds stacked against you.

crimson blood
09-11-2003, 10:14 AM
comp /sphinx, did that same 'feeling' apply when jasper beat nacogdoches last year :cool: ... maybe this year? :rolleyes: i think nac has larger enrollment, yes? not sure of the diff in enrollment:eek:

that much sweeter when you beat a team with those odds stacked against you gads what a sugar rush that must have been in '02 :p

sphinx1906
09-11-2003, 10:32 AM
I don't know how much of a rush it could have been when you are playing with the athletes that Jasper had last year. yes their enrollment was about 1800 last year, and yes yalls was about 940 so it might have felt ok but,Newton had an enrollment of about 340 and beat them 49-0. What will feel good is if Newton wins district again being the smallest school in the district. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Compudyne
09-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Crimson Blood, I was talking about schools in the same district so I would have to say the same feelings do not apply. When you choose to play someone with twice your enrollment, that is different. When schools are in the same district and have double or almost triple, that is when I root for the underdog. Then again, the school with the smallest enrollment is not always the underdog, are they.

crimson blood
09-11-2003, 09:08 PM
regardless of how i may feel personally, i think that n-ton will be the non-forfeit champ this year. :o not sure that k-v has overcome that poor-little-me-look-at-the-size-of-their-enrollment mentality. if they do the jewel of the forest is in real trouble.

great day! i seem to use the "-" a lot eek!

St. Ivender
09-12-2003, 07:01 AM
3A has the biggest disparity between the "haves" and the "have nots", but we must play within the rules of the game and the guidelines that are set. It is a source of pride for me that Newton keeps kicking butt against teams with superior numbers. Curtis Barbay is the Robert E Lee of 3A football.

Compudyne
09-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Crimson, I did not realize that Kirbyville was such whiners. Is that people from the town or people at the school. I thought K-ville did a pretty good job last year against Jasper. I was unaware of the "poor little me syndrome"

He look, I am using " " also.

St. Ivender - You have a lot of respect for Coach Barbay. You must have played for him. I talk to a lot of people in the area and they all share the same type of feelings toward him. I will have to say I have never heard of him referred to as Robert E. Lee.

crimson blood
09-12-2003, 09:48 AM
compudyne, i have a great deal of respect for coach alvarez. he has fought up hill for the past 4 years to overcome that mentality within the community. you are so right they did an excellent job to the great surprise of their entire community.
as a fact the wildcat program took a real hit last year when the alignments showed jasper in their district. it was the first time in roughly 40 years the two schools had met in football. the hit was so many of the parents were so fearful of their little boys playing against jasper that the numbers dropped from spring to fall (football numbers) by about 1/3.
looks like it was just a pruning of attitudes. good job coach. :cool:

duckbutter
09-12-2003, 10:15 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head with that post.

sphinx1906
09-12-2003, 12:59 PM
It's funny crimson, that you know so much about k-ville being from Jasper. do you have ties to Kirbyville? I don't think kirbyville was that nervous seeing that the score was 14-0 last year. so what religion are you affilliated with?

Compudyne
09-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Sphinx, from where I was sitting everyone looked nervous. Players, coaches, fans, parking lot security, ticket takers. They (Jasper) had quite a following last year. They had the visitors stands filled up way before kickoff. The Wildcats played a good game but the Jasper crew was intimidating. I saw them getting off the bus and a few of them looked like modern day giants

crimson blood
09-12-2003, 01:51 PM
sphi...in times past i was on the faculty at k-v h/s. had and still have ties there. the assertions were anything but exaggerated.
as to my professed religion... :) christianity :D
your observation of the final score are totally after the fact. what is there to fear behind you? only what may happen is feared.
after you (or anyone) completed that impossible task how many more said "i knew you could do it". but where were they before the fight? wink

St. Ivender
09-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Compudyne:
Crimson, I did not realize that Kirbyville was such whiners. Is that people from the town or people at the school. I thought K-ville did a pretty good job last year against Jasper. I was unaware of the "poor little me syndrome"

He look, I am using " " also.

St. Ivender - You have a lot of respect for Coach Barbay. You must have played for him. I talk to a lot of people in the area and they all share the same type of feelings toward him. I will have to say I have never heard of him referred to as Robert E. Lee.Yes I played for him about a hundred years ago and have a great deal of respect for him. I talked to him after the game Friday and my boys couldn't believe he calls me by my first name because I hold him up on such a pedestal. The Robert E Lee thing just came to me like an epiphany. Sometimes even I get little pearls of wisdom.

sphinx1906
09-12-2003, 03:49 PM
o.k. crimson, you are starting to sound like Old Card with your posts. talk english for goodness sakes and quit hiding behind words. speak your mind and don't worry about what others think. I don't! sure I'm going ro rag you and tell you your an idiot but only in jest. whether you are or not I have no idea, it's just fun rustling a few bulldog feathers every once in a while. as far as whining you sound like your doing a little of your own.

crimson blood
09-12-2003, 04:47 PM
just remember my favorite is swiss but i will take a good cheddar along with my ....
oh you said w- h -i-n-e.... :o