PDA

View Full Version : CMA show

Scoop27
11-06-2013, 08:39 PM
This show is a joke-Just watching it to see tribute to George Jones

44INAROW
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Taylor Swift makes me ill..... Glad to see George Strait finally got Entertainer of the Year...

Emerson1
11-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Taylor Swift makes me ill..... Glad to see George Strait finally got Entertainer of the Year...
I think it's an award for touring accomplishments too. He hadn't done a full length tour in a while up until the Cowboy Rides Away.

Y'all need to turn the dial away from your top 40 country pop station and find a local Texas/Red Dirt country station. Country isn't dead, it just moved out of Nashville.

44INAROW
11-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I think it's an award for touring accomplishments too. He hadn't done a full length tour in a while up until the Cowboy Rides Away.

Y'all need to turn the dial away from your top 40 country pop station and find a local Texas/Red Dirt country station. Country isn't dead, it just moved out of Nashville.
I prefer Texas Country to the Pop Country stuff.. always have.. Saw Pat Greene in 1998 with my then freshman at SHSU - I think it was in Conroe but I could be mistaken (it was a LONG night lol) .. been hooked on Texas country ever since. Charlie Robison and Jack Ingram are 2 of my favorites.. Just a little tidbit of nostalgia.. when Chad was at SHSU - one of his roommates, whom was majoring in Communications, did a project her senior year on Texas Dance Halls.. He'd go with her on some weekends to check out small town dances and he said they heard some great music (this would have been 2001-2002). She's now works for a Texas Country music station but I forget where.. She grew up in New Braunfels, so she already had a good background in the music..

Farmersfan
11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I like all music. I'm 51 right now and most of my friends are my age and almost all of them are so stuck in the 70's and 80's it's ridiculous. There has been some great music released in the last 10 years but they will never know it. Country and otherwise. And I like Taylor Swift....:wave:

44INAROW
11-08-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm like you FF (except on the Taylor Swift subject lol) I like all kinds of music.. My Pandora list is a variety.. depends on what kind of mood I'm on..

BwdLion73
11-10-2013, 03:22 PM

:iagree: