PDA

View Full Version : Big hits

refereedoc
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
So we won't steal another thread from Region 2, let's start a big hit thread : The Ville's Padyn Giebler 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4lz9rBQGiQ

caleb_mccaig
11-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Sorry if this is asking for high school hits only.....but I can't resist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtOaDvf8co

Sean Taylor would've been one of the best safety's to ever play the game had he not been murdered, and that's coming from a Cowboys fan. Nothing made me happier than to see the murderer get sentenced to prison yesterday.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 04:12 PM
So we won't steal another thread from Region 2, let's start a big hit thread : The Ville's Padyn Giebler 2011

:spitlol: :clap: :fnypost:

Some carry their feelings on their shoulders on other threads. It's what we call being thin skinned.

Big hit right there! WOW. I remember that one.

vtskneb
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
:spitlol: :clap: :fnypost:

Some carry their feelings on their shoulders on other threads. It's what we call being thin skinned.

Big hit right there! WOW. I remember that one.

That was a heck of linebacking core there. Both Westbrooks to start the year and Giebler.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2013, 05:14 PM

He'd be lucky to get away with that this year. Its a clean hit but it's not a block and he is going after a player possibly behind the play. Not saying it is a foul but you have to remember the officials are seeing it at game speed and when it doubt, they will flag it.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Sorry if this is asking for high school hits only.....but I can't resist.

Need to find 55's hit on Parr with radio announcer audio.

OLE'BULL
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
He'd be lucky to get away with that this year. Its a clean hit but it's not a block and he is going after a player possibly behind the play. Not saying it is a foul but you have to remember the officials are seeing it at game speed and when it doubt, they will flag it.

Yep. To me it was pointless. By doing that did he help his team in any way? No. While he was trying blast that guy, the punt returner was running right past him. Stupid, pointless, waste of energy, etc. Go after the ball man!

hollywood
11-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Here we go doc. We've done it again.

caleb_mccaig
11-06-2013, 05:32 PM

Bell wouldn't ever give us the film with the radio guys on top of it. We watched it once in the locker room and B said he wouldn't give it out.

varsity parent
11-06-2013, 07:34 PM

Was that the one at Floyd Casey? Boutwell? I was there, and he layed the smack down on Parr. Parr didn't want no more of that!

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Was that the one at Floyd Casey? Boutwell? I was there, and he layed the smack down on Parr. Parr didn't want no more of that!

Yes and Yes. I have the video with the radio announcer audio. I just dont know how to do clips of of it. I was in Iraq at the time and listened to it over the internet at 3 am. It was awesome to hear on the computer. They sent me the DVD two weeks later. That is how I spent the 07 SC Finalist season.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2013, 10:29 PM

He was "Clowneyed"

varsity parent
11-07-2013, 12:59 AM
He was "Clowneyed"

Yes he was. Parr came through a hole in the middle and Boutwell planted him right there. It was a de-cleater. The kind that I'm sure had Parr blowin snot bubbles!

D'Highlander
11-07-2013, 07:15 AM
That was a heck of linebacking core there. Both Westbrooks to start the year and Giebler.

Those guys were scary good together...

coachc45
11-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Biggest hit I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSRnghE-bAc

D'Highlander
11-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Biggest hit I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSRnghE-bAc

And boom goes the dynamite...

Aesculus gilmus
11-07-2013, 08:32 AM
At first glance, I thought the subject line read "Big 'some other very similar word'" and so was thinking "where are the pictures?"

waterboy
11-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Aesculus gilmus: Do you remember the hit on the kickoff return in the 2005 Gilmer / Daingerfield bi-district game in Mt. Pleasant? I'd like to see that one again. One of the Buckeyes absolutely de-cleated the Daingerfield return man. Did you do video back then?

Aesculus gilmus
11-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Aesculus gilmus: Do you remember the hit on the kickoff return in the 2005 Gilmer / Daingerfield bi-district game in Mt. P:)leasant? I'd like to see that one again. One of the Buckeyes absolutely de-cleated the Daingerfield return man. Did you do video back then?

I don't remember that. I was in the press box at that game. I didn't upload any videos until 2007.

It may be that Elwyn Henderson has a copy of the Gilmer Cable video from that game. I'll ask him and maybe put it on my channel.

He probably destroyed the video from the Canton-Gilmer game from the next week, though. He was pretty upset after that game. :D

If I could find a copy of that one, it'd definitely be worthy of being online. It was a classic game even though we lost.

waterboy
11-07-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't remember that. I was in the press box at that game. I didn't upload any videos until 2007.

It may be that Elwyn Henderson has a copy of the Gilmer Cable video from that game. I'll ask him and maybe put it on my channel.

He probably destroyed the video from the Canton-Gilmer game from the next week, though. He was pretty upset after that game. :D

If I could find a copy of that one, it'd definitely be worthy of being online. It was a classic game even though we lost.

That Gilmer / Canton game was THE worst officiated game I have seen to date. The officiating cost us a chance late in that game, not to mention they let Canton back in the game with bogus calls. I think it was set up that way because of what happened to Kinne, and I'll never stop believing that. I don't blame Elwyn for being upset because I was, too. It was a classic, though, if you leave out all of poor officiating.

coachc45
11-07-2013, 01:33 PM
That Gilmer / Canton game was THE worst officiated game I have seen to date. The officiating cost us a chance late in that game, not to mention they let Canton back in the game with bogus calls. I think it was set up that way because of what happened to Kinne, and I'll never stop believing that. I don't blame Elwyn for being upset because I was, too. It was a classic, though, if you leave out all of poor officiating.

So you are telling me that the Powers that be rigged the game so that Canton could beat Gilmer because the officials all liked Kinne because of what happened to him? Really? That is the most asinine thing I think I have ever read in my life!!!!

How do you explain the next week the officials let them get completely blown out by Tatum and giving Kinne 45 yards of penalties over 2 plays? (15 on the 1 play and 30 on another). Did the officials decide that last week they liked Kinne but the next week they didn't?

I was at that game and I will admit that the officiating wasn't very good. But it was both sides. The loss came because no one on Gilmer's team had an answer for Houston Tuminiello or GJ Kinne.

I thought you had more sense than that.

waterboy
11-07-2013, 01:53 PM
So you are telling me that the Powers that be rigged the game so that Canton could beat Gilmer because the officials all liked Kinne because of what happened to him? Really? That is the most asinine thing I think I have ever read in my life!!!!

How do you explain the next week the officials let them get completely blown out by Tatum and giving Kinne 45 yards of penalties over 2 plays? (15 on the 1 play and 30 on another). Did the officials decide that last week they liked Kinne but the next week they didn't?

I was at that game and I will admit that the officiating wasn't very good. But it was both sides. The loss came because no one on Gilmer's team had an answer for Houston Tuminiello or GJ Kinne.

I thought you had more sense than that.

Like I said, you won't change my mind about that being the worst officated game I've ever seen. The rigging part, maybe I overreacted, but it certainly "seemed" that way. The majority of the bad calls hurt Gilmer much more than they hurt Canton. Several bad calls against Gilmer let Canton keep the ball when they were stopped. The TD being called back in the final minute on a phantom hold on a Gilmer player that was never close enough to the Canton player to hold him. The flag only came out AFTER the player had gotten by the defender. You are right about one thing, though, we had no answer for the Kinne-Tuminello combination in the second half.

The next week against Tatum was a different story, because Canton was being unsportsmanlike off and on throughout the game.

coachc45
11-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Like I said, you won't change my mind about that being the worst officated game I've ever seen. The rigging part, maybe I overreacted, but it certainly "seemed" that way. The majority of the bad calls hurt Gilmer much more than they hurt Canton. Several bad calls against Gilmer let Canton keep the ball when they were stopped. The TD being called back in the final minute on a phantom hold on a Gilmer player that was never close enough to the Canton player to hold him. The flag only came out AFTER the player had gotten by the defender. You are right about one thing, though, we had no answer for the Kinne-Tuminello combination in the second half.

The next week against Tatum was a different story, because Canton was being unsportsmanlike off and on throughout the game.

I don't argue with the bad officiating but the conspiracy is not even close. The Refs all over East Texas couldn't stand Kinne. Before or after the shooting. He rode them unmercifully during a game and they couldn't stand him. It is hard for me to believe that they would pull something underhanded in favor of someone they couldn't stand.

hollywood
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
:hijacktd:

doc, Region 2 taking over thread again. Now what? :D

It's all about Gilmer these days, huh? :rolleyes:

:wave:

waterboy
11-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't argue with the bad officiating but the conspiracy is not even close. The Refs all over East Texas couldn't stand Kinne. Before or after the shooting. He rode them unmercifully during a game and they couldn't stand him. It is hard for me to believe that they would pull something underhanded in favor of someone they couldn't stand.

Okay, your point is made. I know what I "felt", and that feeling was probably a combination of bad calls and frustration from the game itself. I don't think they purposely "threw" the game, but the calls definitely favored Canton that day. It happens from time to time, and the losing team usually calls foul. I guess I was one of those after seeing that game.

refereedoc
11-07-2013, 03:42 PM

I am feeling violated.:vrycnfsd:

toddg
11-07-2013, 05:04 PM
:hijacktd:

:wave:

they are THE #1 team in 3A:)

hollywood
11-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Yes they are... Until proven otherwise. :2thumbsup:

Ville-D
11-07-2013, 07:06 PM

That is according to the AP - until a 3a team takes it away, Stephenville is the true #1 (Navasota would be too but Fairfield deflowered them already)

Would the true #1 please stand up?

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Tejastrue
11-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Big hit from Wimberley past...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpesjcN1Wgc&amp;feature=player_detailpage