PDA

View Full Version : Buffaloes Vs. Bulldogs

buff4ever
11-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Playoff atmosphere in this one, as loser stays home from this point on. I think that the Buffs will pull this one out. We had a chance to win all of the first three games in district, and didn't squeeze one out; this week we will show that being in those games was no fluke. The defense will force a couple of turnovers and we will capitalize on those.

I say that the giddings defense will hold yoakum like they have held most teams this year, below their average. The offense will fight to get it done on their side for a victory. With Yoakum, they would tell you themselves, it depends which team shows up. I know with what is on the line, they won't come out flat, but maybe they will come out feeling the pressure of this game. If they don't step up to the pressure, Giddings by 10 - 14. If they do come out I have to stick with the homer opinion of Giddings by 7.

1st and goal
11-06-2013, 02:28 PM
You going hunting or to the game?
:)
Buffs win. By 7 tough points.

buff4ever
11-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I be there.

YTBulldogs
11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Playoff atmosphere in this one, as loser stays home from this point on. I think that the Buffs will pull this one out. We had a chance to win all of the first three games in district, and didn't squeeze one out; this week we will show that being in those games was no fluke. The defense will force a couple of turnovers and we will capitalize on those.

I say that the giddings defense will hold yoakum like they have held most teams this year, below their average. The offense will fight to get it done on their side for a victory. With Yoakum, they would tell you themselves, it depends which team shows up. I know with what is on the line, they won't come out flat, but maybe they will come out feeling the pressure of this game. If they don't step up to the pressure, Giddings by 10 - 14. If they do come out I have to stick with the homer opinion of Giddings by 7.
:2thumbsup

hookandladder
11-06-2013, 03:04 PM
This really a tough one to call, both teams struggled to win at Smithville. Did not get to see the Giddings-LG game however was told that Giddings was pretty solid up front and at LB, if Giddings D plays well against the run as they did in LG then I will have to go with them Buffs. Buffs by 10.

Pudlugger
11-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Hook makes some good points as does Buff but I have to think those Yoakum Bulldogs will show up big and squeak by the Buffs in this one. Yoakum by 3.

YTBulldogs
11-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Hook makes some good points as does Buff but I have to think those Yoakum Bulldogs will show up big and squeak by the Buffs in this one. Yoakum by 3.

:vrycnfsd: Thump Thump time.

buff4ever
11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
I just noticed during my daze and break from work that between the 5 posters on this short thread there is 36 years of downlow experience and almost 19,000 post between us. That is unimportant and irrelevant, other than we are obviously a bunch of old farts that care a lot about some high school football.

Old Tiger
11-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Buffaloes

Always annoys me.

1st and goal
11-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Buffaloes

Always annoys me.
LOL
:clap: that's my job OT.

LV_Bearfan
11-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I think the Bulldogs will get it done. YT by 6.

Apache91
11-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Tough game to pick. I think that the Dogs will pull this one out. Close game.

hookandladder
11-06-2013, 04:58 PM
I just noticed during my daze and break from work that between the 5 posters on this short thread there is 36 years of downlow experience and almost 19,000 post between us. That is unimportant and irrelevant, other than we are obviously a bunch of old farts that care a lot about some high school football.

Yea but baseball still number 1 in my book , Football is very close.

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
A reminder of webcasts sites
http://texasthunderradio.com/
http://www.923knrg.com/

bd62
11-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Like Buff said Giddings has been in every dist and and actually had the
chance to win at end.Saw them against Cuero and they had Cuero worn down
at end and fumbled in Cuero territory. Before fumble they were making 5 to 6 yds
per carry. Yoakum is a mystery team. No one can figure that bunch out. They play lights
out against Cuero and the only game this yr without a turnover. Next week they have a
3 point lead over Gonzales with 7 minutes left and run a double reverse pass on
there own 13. Int for TD. That's a coaching problem. Make Gonzales earn it.
Yoakum could win by 10 points or lose by 10. Giddings is going to play very hard and I
bet it's parents nite. This is a toss up game.

Yoe_09
11-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Is Yoakum relatively healthy now? I know back in the Hallettsville game there were several starters missing. This game could go either way. Something like 21-14 or 28-21.

YTBulldogs
11-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Is Yoakum relatively healthy now? I know back in the Hallettsville game there were several starters missing. This game could go either way. Something like 21-14 or 28-21.

Fully healthy

Old Green
11-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Like Buff said Giddings has been in every dist and and actually had the
chance to win at end.Saw them against Cuero and they had Cuero worn down
at end and fumbled in Cuero territory. Before fumble they were making 5 to 6 yds
per carry. Yoakum is a mystery team. No one can figure that bunch out. They play lights
out against Cuero and the only game this yr without a turnover. Next week they have a
3 point lead over Gonzales with 7 minutes left and run a double reverse pass on
there own 13. Int for TD. That's a coaching problem. Make Gonzales earn it.
Yoakum could win by 10 points or lose by 10. Giddings is going to play very hard and I
bet it's parents nite. This is a toss up game.:iagree:

buff4ever
11-08-2013, 10:10 AM
YT is trying the whole be quiet on the downlow trick and hope we win, then I will post how hard the kids worked and they deserve this. YT, your post don't determine the outcome of the game in any fashion on here. You can get on here and type your thoughts on the game, internet crow is never bad. This should be a good game, and whoever wins will deserve to move on.

Let us know how your peprally goes later before you leave town. Are you guys going to parade the bus out of town?

buff4ever
11-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Buffs took thursday night. Good job underclassmen this year.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2013, 11:15 AM
YT is trying the whole be quiet on the downlow trick and hope we win, then I will post how hard the kids worked and they deserve this. YT, your post don't determine the outcome of the game in any fashion on here. You can get on here and type your thoughts on the game, internet crow is never bad. This should be a good game, and whoever wins will deserve to move on.

Let us know how your peprally goes later before you leave town. Are you guys going to parade the bus out of town?

Dunno Buff. I have not seen a live Bulldog game all year. I view the game on HUDL when I get in from my assignment. I loved the prior 2 years, watching them live. Since you track my status so close, I guess you noticed my past few weeks prediction of a 28-27 score and not picking a winner. Cause, as I stated 3 weeks back, I have no clue which Bulldog team will show up on Fridays. Watching both teams here, I'll predict once again, a 28-27 outcome. Winner moves on.

1st and goal
11-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Well YT, I kind of chuckled at Buff's post trying to get you off the bench. Guess this thread is synonymous with how everyone is worried about which team will show up.

Drive safe dog fans.

GU_81
11-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Lone Star Football Network Game Simulation:

Yoakum 45 Giddings 29

Game Recap- The 2013 Yoakum Bulldogs got the best of the 2013 Giddings Buffaloes in a very close battle. The 2013 Giddings Buffaloes played a very hard fought game but just fell short in the end.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Yoakum 45 Giddings 29

Game Recap- The 2013 Yoakum Bulldogs got the best of the 2013 Giddings Buffaloes in a very close battle. The 2013 Giddings Buffaloes played a very hard fought game but just fell short in the end.

:clap: Don't fail us now Lone Star Network. You've been right with the winner in our games last 4 weeks. LOL. Kinda like using Miss Cleo in our games.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
GU, what was ya'lls outcome vs. LG?

GU_81
11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
GU, what was ya'lls outcome vs. LG?

I just finished posting this on the LG thread. LG 11 Cuero 0. However, last week was my first experience with the simulator predicting the wrong winner. The game just happened to be Gonzales at Cuero. :tisk: Stupid simulator..LOL.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I just finished posting this on the LG thread. LG 11 Cuero 0. However, last week was my first experience with the simulator predicting the wrong winner. The game just happened to be Gonzales at Cuero. :tisk: Stupid simulator..LOL.

LOL. Well, I'm hoping it's right, and your hoping it's wrong this week. Good luck to the Gob's. If we win, and ya'll lose, I think we'll be the 3rd seed. Of course, I'm assuming GZ beats SV this year.

Dog_e_styl
11-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Buffs took thursday night. Good job underclassmen this year.

Must keep #25 in front of secondary, contain the corners, pressure the QB, and try to prevent a special teams return for a score. TD's given up without the chains being set up been a killer all year. I think every game, we've given up one. Not good. I see a faint heartbeat ____/\____/\_____ .

Dog's extend another week, Giddings breaks out the round ball.

Yoakum 21
Giddings 14

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Good job Dogs. Onward into the second season. Buff, see ya back on the boards next year.

PS: Send off had nearly 1000 fan's lining 77 North.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2013, 03:36 AM

Yoakum 45 Giddings 29

Pretty accurate GU.

GU_81
11-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Pretty accurate GU.

Yes I noticed that. Usually the predicted winner is accurate, point differential is all over the place, and the final score just downright laughable. In this case, everything was pretty much spot on. Congrats on the win and good luck against Wharton!