PDA

View Full Version : OU @ Baylor

Bullaholic
11-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Big game that is hard to make a pick in Waco tomorrow night. What do you think?

adoptedbuckeye
11-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Big game that is hard to make a pick in Waco tomorrow night. What do you think?

I am a diehard OU fan but I really don't think they have what it takes to hang with Baylor.

caleb_mccaig
11-06-2013, 01:49 PM
I think it's going to be a hell of game. I think both teams are going to run for around 500+ combined. I really have no idea who to pick, but I will take OU to cover the points and keep it within 14.

coach
11-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I have Baylor by 14

BJ Walters
11-06-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm a huge Baylor fan, but I'll keep my bias out of this

OU has struggled at the beginning of games this year. They can't afford to do that tomorrow for two reasons, 1) Baylor's offense and 2) Oklahoma needs to run the ball because if this is a battle of the QBs, I'm not sure Bell can keep up.

Baylor has to stop the run to have a chance for two reasons, 1) make Bell beat them in the air and 2) stay in rhythm offensively by getting them off the field

Really looking forward to this one

adoptedbuckeye
11-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm a huge Baylor fan, but I'll keep my bias out of this

OU has struggled at the beginning of games this year. They can't afford to do that tomorrow for two reasons, 1) Baylor's offense and 2) Oklahoma needs to run the ball because if this is a battle of the QBs, I'm not sure Bell can keep up.

Baylor has to stop the run to have a chance for two reasons, 1) make Bell beat them in the air and 2) stay in rhythm offensively by getting them off the field

Really looking forward to this one

I agree, and this year I don't think the Sooners are equipped to stop Baylor or keep up offensively.

caleb_mccaig
11-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Being a Baylor student at one time, I'm worried Baylor won't be able to stop Bell on the ground after the K-State performance. It scares me that Sams ran for like 200 yards. I would assume that is their main focus this week. OU has a top 5 pass defense I'm pretty sure and were no.1 when they played Tech. I think Seastrunk and Martin are going to have to put together a hell of a game for Baylor to win. However, for all we know Baylor could go out there and win 60-14.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Baylor by 21... BTW... I hated saying that.

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Why do college team stray from their uniform colors like the Bears are wearing black jerseys instead of green? Doesn't Tech wear gray jerseys ?

BJ Walters
11-07-2013, 08:14 PM
3-0 Bears

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Damn, he's gone.

Old Tiger
11-07-2013, 08:17 PM
That was all shoulder.

Wouldn't have been to the helmet if the OU receiver didn't lower his hown head. Defender never left his feet.

BJ Walters
11-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Damn, he's gone.

How many penalties can they call in one play? Lol

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Wow Baylor with all kinds of penalties on that play.

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:20 PM
That was all shoulder.

Wouldn't have been to the helmet if the OU receiver didn't lower his hown head. Defender never left his feet.

There you go.

Good call.

Old Tiger
11-07-2013, 08:21 PM
There you go.

Good call.
Stupid rule though, call targeting, review that it isn't but enforce the penalty anyway.

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Stupid rule though, call targeting, review that it isn't but enforce the penalty anyway.

Yeah I agree, it's dumb.

BJ Walters
11-07-2013, 08:23 PM

The NCAA outdid themselves in the stupid category with the rule

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:25 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6JqENYOdkKk/Unw7yPhELcI/AAAAAAAAAKw/KLA7YjF3nqg/s1600/kj2.gif

Old Tiger
11-07-2013, 08:27 PM
The receiver catches the ball, takes 2-3 steps, and then lowers his own helmet. Yet it is defenseless player/targeting crap, come on now!

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Lol Sooners...

Baylor playing good D.

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Well that's not good.

Bullaholic
11-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Baylor offense is going to have to be on the field more for them to win this one.

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Stupid penalty.

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Penalties are killing the Bears so far

movethechain
11-07-2013, 08:52 PM
The hit by Baylor's #3 looked like the classic definition of targeting, but only called personal foul?

adoptedbuckeye
11-07-2013, 08:53 PM
The hit by Baylor's #3 looked like the classic definition of targeting, but only called personal foul?

He left his feet, receiver was defenseless

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Lots of personal fouls so far

adoptedbuckeye
11-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Finally a td. I never expected it to take that long

BJ Walters
11-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Lots of personal fouls so far

Atmosphere may be causing the players to be a bit TOO amped up

Old Tiger
11-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Penalties are killing the Bears so far

7 for 78 yards

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Tons of penalties

adoptedbuckeye
11-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Flags after flags on top of some more flags. I think they are trying to set a record tonight.

movethechain
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
OU defense arm tackling not getting it done.

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Wow...

BJ Walters
11-07-2013, 09:22 PM
OU almost HAS TO score outta half or it could be blowout city

Old Tiger
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Baylor doing it without two of their best playmakers in Tevin Reese and Lache. Also Glasco is out.

Bullaholic
11-07-2013, 09:28 PM
These ain't the Teddys---these be the Grizzlies....

lostaussie
11-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I have said it all year and I am not a Baylor fan.......but they definitely pass the eye test. I believe they can play with anybody this year. Would love to see a Duck/Bear matchup!!!

Old Tiger
11-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Bell sucks, but that Baylor D is looking impressive with their tackling.

Roughneck93
11-07-2013, 10:05 PM
The rout is on.

caleb_mccaig
11-07-2013, 10:11 PM
The NCAA allows neutral colors such as black and gray for uniforms that differ from school colors.

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Is that all sports or just football?

caleb_mccaig
11-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I really hope Saggy is watching this BU game....A&M could take a couple lessons on you know...how to not lose to a ranked team.

caleb_mccaig
11-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Is that all sports or just football?

I'm not sure, I know it goes with Basketball though also.

Tejastrue
11-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Baylor is very good but I think it is safe to say now that OU has been overrated all year.

Weebe
11-08-2013, 12:45 AM
I have now watched three full OU games(tCU, Texas and Baylor) and they might have the worst offense of any major D1 team.

They don't deserve to be anywhere near the top 25.

BJ Walters
11-08-2013, 12:50 AM
I have now watched three full OU games(tCU, Texas and Baylor) and they might have the worst offense of any major D1 team.

Don't tell me, let me guess...*clears throat* "Baylor still hasn't played anybody"

This is what you're saying, right?

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2013, 12:51 AM

I never understood the OU love

Weebe
11-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Don't tell me, let me guess...*clears throat* "Baylor still hasn't played anybody"

This is what you're saying, right?

You think OU is a good team?

Decent defense. Awful offense. Just my opinion.

Weebe
11-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I never understood the OU love

They has only lost one game. When you are in a major d1 conference that gets you ranked regardless of how bad you actually are.

Old Tiger
11-08-2013, 01:18 AM
all the sos stuff is a farce. based on pre-season rankings

Weebe
11-08-2013, 01:29 AM
all the sos stuff is a farce. based on pre-season rankings

Wrong again.

Old Tiger
11-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Wrong again.

Really teams being highly ranked prior to the season without playing a game is what SOS is based on. It plays itself out during the year but the initial wins still count as wins against a team who may or may not be over ranked.

Weebe
11-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Wrong again.

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Wrong again.

actually he has a point...look at where OU and Texas started too much weight is given at the beginning

Lion70
11-08-2013, 07:53 AM
I really hope Saggy is watching this BU game....A&M could take a couple lessons on you know...how to not lose to a ranked team.

Auburn was ranked 24 or 25 when they played A&M just saying...

Lion70
11-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Baylor is good but not great. The Bevo 10 is not that good of a conference. They probably could beat anyteam outside of FSU and Bama.
Oregon and Standford would probably win as well. The only team that they got a very good chance is Ohio St.

Old Tiger
11-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Good but not great could probably beat 124 of 126 fbs teams, got it!

waterboy
11-08-2013, 08:41 AM
I have said it all year and I am not a Baylor fan.......but they definitely pass the eye test. I believe they can play with anybody this year. Would love to see a Duck/Bear matchup!!!

Do any scoreboards go to triple digits? These two would light it up!

I say that, but after what I saw last night, the Baylor defense is a lot better than most people thought. It kind of reminds of a high school team I know...:)

Bullaholic
11-08-2013, 10:13 AM
After watching last night, I think Baylor could run with anybody and beat a lot of the top 5 teams. Don't think anybody could line up and smashmouth em' and their DB's and LB's are some of the best I've seen against the pass. The offense looks almost unstoppable.

caleb_mccaig
11-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Baylor looked good last night obviously, saying OU sucks doesn't even warrant an argument. They are a good football team and have put up offensive numbers this year, look at the Tech game. Baylor just has a better defense than most teams in the Big 12, (which isn't saying much).

I think they could catch Ohio St. since you know, they haven't played anyone. I can only think of one ranked team they've played and that was Northwestern who now has lost five straight games. I think Michigan St. takes them down in the Big 10 championship anyways. If Stanford doesn't lose another game it doens't matter, they're way ahead of Baylor somehow. I don't really understand how a loss to Utah doesn't affect them remotely at all.

Best possible outcome is starting to look like BU in the Fiesta Bowl against Fresno St........And that is going to really blow some big ones if that's what happens. After last night I think BU can run the table, they just have to stay focused.

These next few weeks are going to be some fun ones! It would be pretty awesome if Baylor could close the Case out with the Big 12 championship against Texas later this year!

vtskneb
11-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Baylor looked good last night obviously, saying OU sucks doesn't even warrant an argument. They are a good football team and have put up offensive numbers this year, look at the Tech game. Baylor just has a better defense than most teams in the Big 12, (which isn't saying much).

I think they could catch Ohio St. since you know, they haven't played anyone. I can only think of one ranked team they've played and that was Northwestern who now has lost five straight games. I think Michigan St. takes them down in the Big 10 championship anyways. If Stanford doesn't lose another game it doens't matter, they're way ahead of Baylor somehow. I don't really understand how a loss to Utah doesn't affect them remotely at all.

Best possible outcome is starting to look like BU in the Fiesta Bowl against Fresno St........And that is going to really blow some big ones if that's what happens. After last night I think BU can run the table, they just have to stay focused.

These next few weeks are going to be some fun ones! It would be pretty awesome if Baylor could close the Case out with the Big 12 championship against Texas later this year!

The hate for Oklahoma stems from a very mediocre Texas team beating them pretty handily in Dallas. Most Texas fans have convinced themselves they still have a shot at the conference title. They probably lose 3 more conference games after WVU. If Baylor wins the turnover battle in the last 4 games they will have scores similar to last nights game the rest of the regular season. None of the rest of the teams are much better than Oklahoma. I don't know how they stack up against Bama or FSU but who cares if your a Bear fan. It is the peak of your athletic existence right now, they should be enjoying it. It is fun to watch Coach Briles do his thing at that place because it was such a joke of a program before he showed up.

hollywood
11-08-2013, 11:07 AM
I like Briles, always have. He has a great gift in instilling belief in his system and programs. And it works.

But, Texas will beat Baylor. Mark it down.

Bosqueville
11-08-2013, 11:09 AM
And Baylor did this without it's top 3 offensive weapons... Impressive.

Lion70
11-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Good but not great could probably beat 124 of 126 fbs teams, got it!

Fsu bama oregon standford could beat Baylor and if A&M had a defense they would as well.

vtskneb
11-08-2013, 11:13 AM
I like Briles, always have. He has a great gift in instilling belief in his system and programs. And it works.

But, Texas will beat Baylor. Mark it down.

Marked. :) Don't get me wrong I like cheering for Texas but that ain't happening, especially in Waco. If Texas wins more than 2 games in their next four consider me impressed. Texas may have a worse QB situation than Oklahoma and that is saying something.

Lion70
11-08-2013, 11:14 AM
And Baylor did this without it's top 3 offensive weapons... Impressive.

thats the scary part
They should win the Big Dumbster Fire Conference. I just hope they don't line them up with Fresno St and NUI cause they will like Tcu and crying National Championship.

vtskneb
11-08-2013, 11:14 AM
if A&M had a defense they would as well.

If my aunt had junk she would be my uncle. What????

caleb_mccaig
11-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Bad news....Tevin Reese out until the bowl game with a dislocated wrist.

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2013, 12:41 PM
The hate for Oklahoma stems from a very mediocre Texas team beating them pretty handily in Dallas. Most Texas fans have convinced themselves they still have a shot at the conference title. .

Well they do have a shot...but 99% of the UT fans I know also are waiting for the other shoe to drop on this season just like me

regaleagle
11-08-2013, 12:53 PM
First it was because of RGIII that Baylor won, now it's because the Big 12 has no really good teams. If I'm not mistaken, just about everywhere Briles has been in his career he has had winning teams, haha. And now look at the players signing on the dotted line....and standing in line....to get a chance to play in this system. And next year Waco will be showcasing their new stadium.....Baylor on the Brazos. Briles is doing for Baylor in football what Mulkey did for Baylor in Women's Basketball. I don't see this team getting any worse in the coming years, sportsfans....if Briles stays. Now that the D has finally arrived, Briles will have no problem recruiting some top athletes on both sides of the ball. Excitement, new facilities, great location, great education, superb support system, and Art Briles.....what else do you need to be competitive???

coach
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Dont sleep on Fresno. They have a helluva coach. He wil get some big offers in the future.

Old Tiger
11-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Fsu bama oregon standford could beat Baylor and if A&M had a defense they would as well.

Baylor could also beat Bama and Stanford, works both ways. A&M doesn't have a defense so they couldn't.

Old Tiger
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Marked. :) Don't get me wrong I like cheering for Texas but that ain't happening, especially in Waco. If Texas wins more than 2 games in their next four consider me impressed. Texas may have a worse QB situation than Oklahoma and that is saying something.

I just hope Mack Brown gets fired.

Texas with derp > OU with their QB situation. Blake bell can't hit the broad side of a barn.