PDA

View Full Version : Palestine hosts Fairfield for district title

easttexas3a
11-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Palestine will host Fairfield this Friday for the district title. Both teams are undefeated in district. Palestine (7-2) had two losses to Chapel Hill and Athens. Both of those games were affected by 6 starters being out for those two games, along with pittsburg.

Fairfield is 9-0 and has not been challenged. The Eagles have dominated every opponent outside of Navasota. Even in the Navasota game, they were able to comfortably pull away in the 4th. The Eagles are loaded at the skill positions, and just get after you up front on both sides.

This is a great game to tell us about Fairfield, and their state tital aspirations. If they blow out Palestine like they have eveyrone else, the Eagles will have a date with someone at Jerry World.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Palestine will host Fairfield this Friday for the district title. Both teams are undefeated in district. Palestine (7-2) had two losses to Chapel Hill and Athens. Both of those games were affected by 6 starters being out for those two games, along with pittsburg.

Fairfield is 9-0 and has not been challenged. The Eagles have dominated every opponent outside of Navasota. Even in the Navasota game, they were able to comfortably pull away in the 4th. The Eagles are loaded at the skill positions, and just get after you up front on both sides.

This is a great game to tell us about Fairfield, and their state tital aspirations. If they blow out Palestine like they have eveyrone else, the Eagles will have a date with someone at Jerry World.

Good info. I think Fairfield will get challenged by Palestine more than they have been since the Sota game. If they blow out palestine (28+ pts), then I'd say they are equipped to make a deep run and possibly a trip to the state game. Fairfield is a Reg II Div II team, correct?

coach
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Good info. I think Fairfield will get challenged by Palestine more than they have been since the Sota game. If they blow out palestine (28+ pts), then I'd say they are equipped to make a deep run and possibly a trip to the state game. Fairfield is a Reg II Div II team, correct?

yea. D2. it will be a closer game, but i still say FF wins comfortably

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Fairfield by as many as they want... However, the risks are there for injuries heading into the playoffs.

The score of this game probably will not be a true assessment of the game considering both teams are a playoff lock.

easttexas3a
11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
I think Navasota when they played Fairfield was not ready for that type of game. The young QB along with many other players just could not deal with Fairfield at the time.

I think Palestine is in a place where they can compete now. They had 6 starters out for about 4 weeks of the season, starting with Kaufman. They got most of those back for Rusk, and all were back for Groesbeck. Sr. WR and SS starter Sheldon Watson went down early in the Mexia game. If he is out vs. Fairfield he will be missed.

Last year Palestine lost to Fairfield 60-59. The set up was the same, Fairfield had blown out all district opponents, while PAlestine had to fight a little bit. Palestine last year ran for 415 yards in this game. Will be fun to see if they can run the ball on FF.

coach
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Fairfield by as many as they want... However, the risks are there for injuries heading into the playoffs.

The score of this game probably will not be a true assessment of the game considering both teams are a playoff lock.

Coach Bachtel has done a great job of resting his starters this year. He will pull them if they get up by a lot.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I think Navasota when they played Fairfield was not ready for that type of game. The young QB along with many other players just could not deal with Fairfield at the time.

I think Palestine is in a place where they can compete now. They had 6 starters out for about 4 weeks of the season, starting with Kaufman. They got most of those back for Rusk, and all were back for Groesbeck. Sr. WR and SS starter Sheldon Watson went down early in the Mexia game. If he is out vs. Fairfield he will be missed.

Last year Palestine lost to Fairfield 60-59. The set up was the same, Fairfield had blown out all district opponents, while PAlestine had to fight a little bit. Palestine last year ran for 415 yards in this game. Will be fun to see if they can run the ball on FF.

There's a huge difference in the Fairfield on 2012 and this years version of the Eagles. Of course, the 2013 Eagles are really good.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Coach Bachtel has done a great job of resting his starters this year. He will pull them if they get up by a lot.

That offense is a well oiled machine. What they do, they do it very well.

coach
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
That offense is a well oiled machine. What they do, they do it very well.

Yes they are. I am excited for them. It is kinda bitter sweet for me. I had the opportunity to coach their this year, but I am a dummy and couldnt get certified.

OldBison75
11-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Fairfield has all of the tools to be a state title contender. The key will be if they can avoid any costly injuries. Palestine has plenty of talent on the field, but, I don't think they can matchup with Fairfield on the line of scrimmage. Fairfield does not do anything tricky or unexpected, but they will line up and try to whip you upfront. That has proved successful on offense and defense all year and I don't see it changing in this weeks game. Fairfield by 24 at least.