PDA

View Full Version : District Playoff Outlook for all 3A Districts...

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/playoffscenarios

cougartino
11-05-2013, 03:07 PM
For the record:
24-3A
Sunnyside KIPP ain't beating Sweeney

BJ Walters
11-05-2013, 03:14 PM
These aren't 100% correct because the Texas Football crew cannot get the tiebreakers from each district. I can tell you in 19-3A, Groesbeck is definitely in because of point differential.

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
These aren't 100% correct because the Texas Football crew cannot get the tiebreakers from each district. I can tell you in 19-3A, Groesbeck is definitely in because of point differential.

That's the same deal for pigskin preps but in doesn't matter for 4-3A when it comes to
who is in or out and seeding.

Turin
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
8-3a is more complicated than they say with gatesville also having a chance.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
8-3a is more complicated than they say with gatesville also having a chance.

Yes, Gatesville would have to beat LH and Burnet beat Lampasas, correct?

Turin
11-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes, Gatesville would have to beat LH and Burnet beat Lampasas, correct?

Gatesville beats LH, Brownwood beats Llano, Lampasas beats Burnet

Gatesville has been outscored 151-58 the last three games but LH has nothing to play for and Burnet is playing to avoid SV plus just make the playoffs.

Los Owls
11-05-2013, 04:17 PM
29-AAA and 30-AAA....

District 29-3A
Clinched Berth: Lytle (DII-1), Devine, Hondo (DI)
Still Alive: Carrizo Springs, Pearsall
Key Games: Carrizo Springs at Pearsall, Hondo at Devine
Carrizo Springs-Pearsall is a play-in game; the winner gets the final playoff spot, and the loser is out. If Carrizo Springs wins, then Hondo (1) and Carrizo Springs (2) will be in DI, and Lytle (1) and Devine (2) will be in DII. If Pearsall wins, Lytle (1) and Pearsall (2) would be DII and the Devine-Hondo game would determine seeding in Division I.

District 30-3A
Clinched Berth: Ingleside (DI-1), Orange Grove (DII), Sinton
Still Alive: Robstown, Rockport-Fulton, CC West Oso
Key Games: Sinton at Robstown, Rockport-Fulton at CC West Oso, Orange Grove at Ingleside
OK, so, follow me on this. Robstown is in with a win over Sinton. Rockport-Fulton is in with a win over West Oso and a Sinton win over Robstown. West Oso can only force a three-way tie between itself, Robstown and Rockport-Fulton by beating Rockport-Fulton and Sinton beating Robstown. Now, if the final team in the playoffs is Robstown, Ingleside (1) and Robstown (2) would go DI, and Orange Grove would need a win over Ingleside to ensure it’s the top DI seed over Sinton. If the final team is R-P, it’s the same thing (only sub out Robstown for R-P). If the final team is West Oso, Ingleside (1) and Sinton (2) would go DI, and Orange Grove (1) and West Oso (2) would go DII.

pirate4state
11-05-2013, 04:38 PM
29-AAA and 30-AAA....

District 29-3A
Clinched Berth: Lytle (DII-1), Devine, Hondo (DI)
Still Alive: Carrizo Springs, Pearsall
Key Games: Carrizo Springs at Pearsall, Hondo at Devine
Carrizo Springs-Pearsall is a play-in game; the winner gets the final playoff spot, and the loser is out. If Carrizo Springs wins, then Hondo (1) and Carrizo Springs (2) will be in DI, and Lytle (1) and Devine (2) will be in DII. If Pearsall wins, Lytle (1) and Pearsall (2) would be DII and the Devine-Hondo game would determine seeding in Division I.

District 30-3A
Clinched Berth: Ingleside (DI-1), Orange Grove (DII), Sinton
Still Alive: Robstown, Rockport-Fulton, CC West Oso
Key Games: Sinton at Robstown, Rockport-Fulton at CC West Oso, Orange Grove at Ingleside
OK, so, follow me on this. Robstown is in with a win over Sinton. Rockport-Fulton is in with a win over West Oso and a Sinton win over Robstown. West Oso can only force a three-way tie between itself, Robstown and Rockport-Fulton by beating Rockport-Fulton and Sinton beating Robstown. Now, if the final team in the playoffs is Robstown, Ingleside (1) and Robstown (2) would go DI, and Orange Grove would need a win over Ingleside to ensure it’s the top DI seed over Sinton. If the final team is R-P, it’s the same thing (only sub out Robstown for R-P). If the final team is West Oso, Ingleside (1) and Sinton (2) would go DI, and Orange Grove (1) and West Oso (2) would go DII.

cray, cray :crazy1:

bwdlionfan
11-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Gatesville beats LH, Brownwood beats Llano, Lampasas beats Burnet

Gatesville has been outscored 151-58 the last three games but LH has nothing to play for and Burnet is playing to avoid SV plus just make the playoffs.

This also says Brownwood hasn't clinched but I can't find a scenario where Brownwood misses playoffs. Can anyone find a scenario where Brownwood misses the playoffs?

Turin
11-05-2013, 05:32 PM
This also says Brownwood hasn't clinched but I can't find a scenario where Brownwood misses playoffs. Can anyone find a scenario where Brownwood misses the playoffs?

This scenario would have Brownwood out:
LH loses, Llano wins, Lampasas wins by more than 16
Burnet WD1, Lampasas RD1, LH WD2, Llano RD2

This one I was not sure about:
LH wins, Llano wins, Lampasas wins by 5
Lampasas, Brownwood, & Burnet to the next tiebreaker that I have not looked up yet for the last two spots.

These are probably some of the least possible scenarios.

Smitty
11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Best thing to do is wait until Friday night when all of this will be hashed out on the football fields!

SHSBulldog00
11-05-2013, 06:27 PM
For the record:
24-3A
Sunnyside KIPP ain't beating Sweeney

Unless Sweeny wants to play Kashmere instead of Worthing and keep Columbia out of the playoffs :evilgrin:

Honestly this district has been set since the scrimmages.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2013, 07:14 PM
District 3-3A
Clinched Berth: Clint (DII-1), Pecos (DII-2), Fabens (DI-1), Fort Stockton (DI-1)
Soooo...Fabens & Ft Stockton are both playing W bracket of DI? :vrycnfsd:

Roughneck93
11-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Unless Sweeny wants to play Kashmere instead of Worthing and keep Columbia out of the playoffs :evilgrin:

Honestly this district has been set since the scrimmages.

Lol, I thought about at that too.