PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns have a NEW Athletic Director!

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Steve Patterson AD Arizona State...

Scoop27
11-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Thought it would be Luck

Scoop27
11-05-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/bohl-games/2013/nov/05/patterson-accepts-texas-ad-job/

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 02:08 PM
He worked up in Oregon while Chip Kelly was there... just saying... :evilgrin:

coach
11-05-2013, 02:12 PM
I read the reason they didnt hire luck was because he wanted to fire mack and Patterson agreed to keep mack

coach
11-05-2013, 02:14 PM
I hope the first thing he does as the AD is fire Rick Barnes. That guy is awful.

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 02:16 PM
I read the reason they didnt hire luck was because he wanted to fire mack and Patterson agreed to keep mack

I hope you are not serious

coach
11-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I hope you are not serious

Thats what I read. Now it wasnt from a very good source, but it wouldnt surpprise me if it were true.

vtskneb
11-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Thats what I read. Now it wasnt from a very good source, but it wouldnt surpprise me if it were true.

Where did you read that? Why would they ask about a specific member of the personnel department? Just guessing but I would think it would be more along the lines of a vision of the future, plans to get there and specific benchmarks that are expected in each sport to obtain the goals. I wonder what Mack's boyout would be, didn't he sign the equivalent of a life time contract after 2005? It has to be astronomical.

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Where did you read that? Why would they ask about a specific member of the personnel department? Just guessing but I would think it would be more along the lines of a vision of the future, plans to get there and specific benchmarks that are expected in each sport to obtain the goals. I wonder what Mack's boyout would be, didn't he sign the equivalent of a life time contract after 2005? It has to be astronomical.

The Buyout is 3.5 million and his contract runs thru 2020... he is currently making over 5 million a year.

vtskneb
11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
The Buyout is 3.5 million and his contract runs thru 2020... he is currently making over 5 million a year.

Wow, suprised it is that low. Is that due to no renegotiating since he signed that monster deal?

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Wow, suprised it is that low. Is that due to no renegotiating since he signed that monster deal?

I was surprised too... this is where I got that from...

http://theaustintimes.com/2012/01/texas-approves-mack-brown-contract-extension/

Turin
11-05-2013, 03:48 PM
He worked up in Oregon while Chip Kelly was there... just saying... :evilgrin:

So he already has Willie Lyles number in his phone then and won't need to get it from Mack.

Old Tiger
11-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I hope the first thing he does as the AD is fire Rick Barnes. That guy is awful.

I heard Rick is gone April 2014.

The two finalist were builders of facilities and venues on their resume. That is something that weighed heavily on Texas. The facilities are some of the best in America but they need to be modernized. There are plans to stop using the Erwin Center for basketball because of some med school things and the south end zone project is on the horizon.

Old Tiger
11-05-2013, 04:48 PM

No one from the AD dept or related to Texas was in on the interview process. The consultation firm hired made the decision.

Old Tiger
11-05-2013, 04:49 PM

Mack's buyout is only 5 million. Their contracts are structured where the buyout isn't the life of the contract it's a flat fee. So 8.5 million total in buyout.

Nobody wants to give Augie any crap from how piss poor the baseball team has performed.

coach
11-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I heard Rick is gone April 2014.

The two finalist were builders of facilities and venues on their resume. That is something that weighed heavily on Texas. The facilities are some of the best in America but they need to be modernized. There are plans to stop using the Erwin Center for basketball because of some med school things and the south end zone project is on the horizon.

Yea they are suppos to turn the erwin center into some huge medical center. That wont take place for another 4-5 years. Only probplem is the new gym most likely wont be down town just bc there is no room to put it.

Thye should have fire Augie when he pulled that crap in the College World Series

coach
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Anybody hear that Patterson has turned down the AD job? Just read it on another message board and was just curious?

Txbroadcaster
11-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Anybody hear that Patterson has turned down the AD job? Just read it on another message board and was just curious?

he said that a week ago..now he is hired