PDA

View Full Version : How's Region 1 shaping up

panfan
11-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Now that district play is nearing its end, how are the districts in region 1 shaping up? Seen some threads with info, but how bout we consolidate them into one?
W = winner, R = runnerup

District 8:

LH D2 W
Brownwood - D1 ?
Burnet - D1 ?
Llano - probable D2 R

List your Region 1 District standing to best of knowledge.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 07:48 AM
District 7:

Stephenville - DI W
Alvarado - DI R
Glen Rose - DII W
Hillsboro - DII R
Venus

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 08:06 AM
District 5:

Hirschi - DI W
Burkburnet - DI R
Graham - DII W
Vernon - DII R
Iowa Park

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 08:13 AM
nvm
Sorry ccmom... I bet we were typing at the same time.
I had AW above BS because AW won the game between them.

ccmom
11-05-2013, 08:17 AM
District 4

Still lots of unknowns that will be decided this Friday

Big Spring DI
Wylie DI
Monahans DII
Sweetwater or Snyder will be the other DII rep.....all the seedings will be decided based on Friday's matchups

Edit...didn't see your post til I posted mine, D'Highlander :)

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 08:34 AM
District 2

Cooper DI -W
(Estacado/Andrews) DII - R
Shallowater DII - W
(Seminole/Estacado) DII - R

the winer of Andrews/Seminole gets in and dictates where Estacado goes. That changes if Levelland beats Shallowater but that is very unlikely.

ccmom
11-05-2013, 08:38 AM
nvm
Sorry ccmom... I bet we were typing at the same time.
I had AW above BS because AW won the game between them.

Yes we won the head to head, but if we lose Friday and BS wins, Or if we win and BS loses, or if we win and BS wins, or if we lose and BS loses......see what I'm saying? 3 way tie at the top and 2 of those teams are DI so it's all still muddy til after Friday's games :). Fun stuff!!

panfan
11-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Texmale posted this yesterday for Distict 1

District 1-3A: Dalhart and Perryton have clinched playoff berths, and the winner of Friday’s game between the two schools will win the district title. Pampa, despite being 1-3 and fourth place in the district a half-game behind Borger, has finished the regular season and has clinched a playoff berth. That’s because the Harvesters can’t finish any worse than fourth place if there’s a three-way tie among them, Borger and River Road due to positive points. Borger and River Road will meet Friday, and Borger will make it with a win, but River Road can make the playoffs if it beats the Bulldogs by 15 or more points.

Old Tiger
11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Aside from Stephenville there is no true contender. Will get exposed in semis

panfan
11-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Texmael posted this yeterday for Distirct 3

Clint 595 (4-0) 11-8 Fabens
Pecos 571 (3-1) 11-8 Fort Stockton
Fabens 732.5 (3-1) 11-8 Clint
Fort Stockton 615 (2-2) 11-8 Pecos
Mountain View 910 (0-4) 11-8 Anthony
Anthony 236 (0-4) 11-8 Mountain View

panfan
11-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Go crap in someone else's litter box! :eek:

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Borger DI - W
Pampa DI - R
Perryton DII
Dalhart DII

Perryton and Dalhart play for the championship and seeding in DII. If River Road beats Borger then there is a 3 way tie for the last two spots and if RR gets in then it pushes Perryton to DI

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Aside from Stephenville there is no true contender.

I'd be careful if I were you. The Sinton Godfather might not like you
trying to take his Captain Obvious title from him.

Old Tiger
11-05-2013, 08:47 AM
I'd be careful if I were you. The Sinton Godfather might not like you
trying to take his Captain Obvious title from him.
Remember in 1919 how no one thought Waco high would win it all?

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 08:54 AM
District 6

Kennedale DI - W
Springtown DI - R
Lake Worth DII -
Castleberry DII -

LW and Castleberry paly for seeding in DII

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Remember in 1919 how no one thought Waco high would win it all?

Indeed, I believe both Phil C and Bullaholic were in attendance for that 1A division B title game.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Aside from Stephenville there is no true contender. Will get exposed in semis

Easy tiger, you'll have the wrath of the cans come down on you making statements like that about the semi's.

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Easy tiger, you'll have the wrath of the cans come down on you making statements like that about the semi's.

He may be right... Stephenville hasn't played anyone of any count since that 4-5 Sandies team... and they put up 42 on the Jackets.

panfan
11-05-2013, 09:29 AM

In my best Phil C voice or typing: Can we please not make this ANOTHER thread about the ville. Its nauseating.

jacketbacker09
11-05-2013, 09:45 AM
In my best Phil C voice or typing: Can we please not make this ANOTHER thread about the ville. Its nauseating.

Go Jackets!!

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Go Jackets!!

:vrycnfsd: SYJ.com must be dead... all the users are over here...

:1popcorn:

panfan
11-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Go Jackets!!

We'll give you a pass on this Jr. We already know how the jackets are world beaters and baby killers. :stirpot:

panfan
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
:vrycnfsd: SYJ.com must be dead... all the users are over here...

:1popcorn:

Guess they got tired of pattin each other on the back and decided to spread the love with the downlow.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 09:58 AM
He may be right... Stephenville hasn't played anyone of any count since that 4-5 Sandies team... and they put up 42 on the Jackets.

Same as last year.

Ok, that's all.

GO REGION 1!!!

:cheerl:

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Are there any posters on hear the live any further west than Sweetwater Red?

How good is Shallowater?

hollywood
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Are there any posters on hear the live any further west than Sweetwater Red?

How good is Shallowater?

One word, Panhandle.

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 10:23 AM
So who can knock off Graham and Stephenville? Should we just crown them and tell them to show up in the simis?

BullDawgDad
11-05-2013, 10:35 AM
So who can knock off Graham and Stephenville? Should we just crown them and tell them to show up in the simis?

I think Argyle may make some noise heading towards the finals.

panfan
11-05-2013, 10:35 AM

After looking through all these districts, I'm surprised at how many yet to be determined playoff spots are still up for grabs. Ought to be an interesting Friday night!. But since Graham and the Ville are already the D2 and D1 crowned champions, we ought to just start round ball season. LOL!

hollywood
11-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Should we just crown them and tell them to show up in the simis?

:iagree:

Seriously, there are very formidable teams in Region 1 that will make noise in the playoffs. But these 2 teams mentioned are on another level brotha. But, that's why the game is played. You never know who could get hot at the right time or disrupt the rhythm of the better teams. That's what makes this the most wonderful time of the year. The underdog rares it's ugly head from time to time and gives the goliaths a season ending defeat. Could this be the year? From what I've seen, the answer is no! But, I've been wrong a couple of times in my life. :D

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I think Argyle may make some noise heading towards the finals.

Right.. be they are Region II

panfan
11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
:iagree:

Seriously, there are very formidable teams in Region 1 that will make noise in the playoffs. But these 2 teams mentioned are on another level brotha. But, that's why the game is played. You never know who could get hot at the right time or disrupt the rhythm of the better teams. That's what makes this the most wonderful time of the year. The underdog rares it's ugly head from time to time and gives the goliaths a season ending defeat. Could this be the year? From what I've seen, the answer is no! But, I've been wrong a couple of times in my life. :D

There ya go Holly. exactly right - that's why we play the game. I can't believe you have ever been wrong.

greendawg84
11-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Hollywood wrong ???? No way , wont believe it for a minute . Go Jackets !!!

Turin
11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Graham vs. Liberty Hill for the Region 1 championship.

panfan
11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Hollywood wrong ???? No way , wont believe it for a minute . Go Jackets !!!

Look who poked his head out. I assume you are rootin for the LLANO jackets so Burnet won't get the Ville Jackets first round?

greendawg84
11-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Look who poked his head out. I assume you are rootin for the LLANO jackets so Burnet won't get the Ville Jackets first round?

Cant get nothing past you panfan . Son , I been busy as heck at work aint had much time to work on my post count .

panfan
11-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Cant get nothing past you panfan . Son , I been busy as heck at work aint had much time to work on my post count .

I'm the sharpest tool in my one tool shed.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Source: http://www.texasfootball.com/playoffscenarios

District 1-3A
Clinched Berth: Dalhart (DII), Perryton
Still Alive: Borger, Pampa, Amarillo River Road
Key Games: Perryton at Dalhart, Amarillo River Road at Borger
Borger is in with a win over River Road. If River Road beats Borger, there’s a three-way tie for the final two playoff spots between Borger, River Road and Pampa (who is idle). If Borger and Pampa take the final two playoff spots, the game between Dalhart and Perryton would be for the top DII seed. If River Road gets in, Dalhart would be the top DII seed and Perryton would be the top DI seed.

District 2-3A
Clinched Berth: Shallowater (DII-1), Lubbock-Cooper (DI)
Still Alive: Lubbock Estacado, Levelland, Andrews, Seminole
Key Games: Shallowater at Levelland, Lubbock Estacado at Lubbock-Cooper, Seminole at Andrews
A little convoluted here, but here’s the basics. Estacado is really in the driver’s seat for one of the two remaining spots: they need a win over Cooper or a Shallowater win over Levelland or a Seminole win over Andrews. Seminole is in with a win, and out with a loss. Andrews is in with a win and a Shallowater win over Levalland. Levelland can only clinch outright with a win over Shallowater, an Estacado win over Cooper and an Andrews win over Seminole. A three-way tie for the final two playoff spots between Estacado, Levelland and Andrews would occur if Levelland beats Shallowater, Cooper beats Estacado and Andrews beats Seminole. Meanwhile, Cooper can clinch the top DI seed with a win over Estacado or an Andrews win over Seminole.

District 3-3A
Clinched Berth: Clint (DII-1), Pecos (DII-2), Fabens (DI-1), Fort Stockton (DI-1)
Nothing to see here.

District 4-3A
Clinched Berth: Big Spring (DI), Abilene Wylie (DI), Monahans (DII)
Still Alive: Sweetwater, Snyder
Key Games: Monahans at Big Spring, Abilene Wylie at Sweetwater, Midland Greenwood at Snyder
First of all, the final playoff spot comes down to Sweetwater and Snyder. Sweetwater is in with a win over Wylie or a Greenwood win over Snyder. Snyder is in with a win over Greenwood and a Wylie win over Sweetwater. Wylie clinches the top DI seed with a win over Sweetwater or a Monahans win over Big Spring. Big Spring clinches the top DI seed with a win over Monahans and a Sweetwater win over Wylie. Monahans clinches the top DII seed with a win over Big Spring or the combination of a Snyder win over Greenwood and a Wylie win over Sweetwater. Sweetwater clinches the top DII spot with a win over Wylie and a Big Spring win over Monahans. Got all that?

District 5-3A
Clinched Berth: Graham (DII-1), Vernon (DII-2), Wichita Falls Hirschi (DI-1), Burkburnett (DI-2)
All set here.

District 6-3A
Clinched Berth: Kennedale (DI-1), Springtown (DI-2), Lake Worth (DII), FW Castleberry (DII)
Key Games: Lake Worth at FW Castleberry
Only seeding left to determine here. The winner of Lake Worth-Castleberry is the top DII seed; the loser is the second DII seed.

District 7-3A
Clinched Berth: Stephenville (DI-1), Alvarado (DI-2), Glen Rose (DII), Hillsboro (DII)
Key Games: Glen Rose at Hillsboro
Just DII seeding in this one. Winner of Glen Rose-Hillsboro is the top DII seed, and the loser is the second DII seed.

District 8-3A
Clinched Berth: Liberty Hill (DII-1)
Still Alive: Burnet, Brownwood, Llano, Lampasas
Key Games: Burnet at Lampasas, Brownwood at Llano, Liberty Hill at Gatesville
Three spots for four teams; someone’s getting left out. The winner of Brownwood-Llano is in. Burnet is in with a win over Lampasas or the combination of a Brownwood win over Llano and a Gatesville win over Liberty Hill. Lampasas is in with a win over Burnet and a Llano win over Brownwood. A three-way tie for the final playoff spot between Burnet, Llano and Lampasas would occur if Lampasas beats Burnet and Brownwood beats Llano.