PDA

View Full Version : stephenville 1st round matchups

jason
11-04-2013, 09:22 AM
since these are the two llikely scenarios...
if it is vs burnet - friday night at waco isd
if it is brownwood - they will flip for mineral wells or shotwell in abilene

Matthew328
11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
since these are the two llikely scenarios...
if it is vs burnet - friday night at waco isd
if it is brownwood - they will flip for mineral wells or shotwell in abilene

Waco ISD is not available Friday night, looks like 7-5A vs. 8-5A has first shot at the game...
They may try and go Thursday...

I expect the Brownwood game to also be in Central Texas also...

jason
11-04-2013, 10:09 AM
you sure? my source is pretty reliable

Matthew328
11-04-2013, 10:32 AM

So is mine...lol

vtskneb
11-04-2013, 10:32 AM
5A will get the pick of the litter so even if they had something worked out WISD would call to let them know that they have to move if they want to play there. If Stephenville got bumped, does Midway rent out their stadium for playoff games? I love playoff location talk!

vtskneb
11-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Waco ISD is not available Friday night, looks like 7-5A vs. 8-5A has first shot at the game...

Where would they play the Brownwood game in Central Texas? I was okay with playing Abilene in WF, but to not flip home and home for Brownwood is pretty lame. The atmosphere in either stadium would be great. The game, not so much.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM

So is mine...lol

5A will get the pick of the litter so even if they had something worked out WISD would call to let them know that they have to move if they want to play there. If Stephenville got bumped, does Midway rent out their stadium for playoff games? I love playoff location talk!

We may not have to worry about it if Llano beats Brownwood and/or Lampasas beats Burnet. :D

I didn't expect Lampasas to beat Brownwood. :eek:

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 10:37 AM
What does the Lampasas facilities look like?

Matthew328
11-04-2013, 10:47 AM
terrible...lol

I think Midway has been discussed but they maybe 2nd or 3rd on the list...\

I believe Shotwell and Mineral Wells may already be booked with set matchups for Friday night...FWIW Stephenville is ok with playing Thursday since they are off this week...Brownwood and Burnet not so much

ahs_indian_fan
11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
terrible...lol

I believe Shotwell and Mineral Wells may already be booked with set matchups for Friday night...FWIW Stephenville is ok with playing Thursday since they are off this week...Brownwood and Burnet not so much

Alvarado-Gatesville played in Midway last year ... very nice stadium since the remodel

Could also play at Baylor, rumor has it they took the tarp off in preparation for a Brownwood-Stephenville game possibly being played there.

Emerson1
11-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Midway rents out their stadium. Cove and CHill played there last year. It was a nice place. In and out was a pain though.

Matthew328
11-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Baylor stadium is already booked Friday night from what I just heard...

Bosqueville
11-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Baylor stadium is already booked Friday night from what I just heard...

For?

hollywood
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Awe heck... just flip home and home!

vtskneb
11-04-2013, 11:56 AM
terrible...lol

Well if they can't mutually agree, it will be decided by chance. How does Brownwood feel about playing Stephenville in Stephenville. I think we all know what Stephenville thinks of playing there, regardless of the opponent.

bwdlionfan
11-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Well if they can't mutually agree, it will be decided by chance. How does Brownwood feel about playing Stephenville in Stephenville. I think we all know what Stephenville thinks of playing there, regardless of the opponent.

We have played playoff games in Sville the past two years. We aren't the ones with the crazy superstitions and extreme hatred.

FB-fanatic
11-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Sitting hear eating a good ole Whataburger looking at Midway stadium now ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jacketbacker09
11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Why doesn't Sville play any playoff games on Saturdays anymore? Last year I don't believe Sville had any Saturday playoff games.

vtskneb
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Why doesn't Sville play any playoff games on Saturdays anymore? Last year I don't believe Sville had any Saturday playoff games.

Coaches want to be on the same schedule as the state game throughout and the uil now dictates this. So we play our games not to lose a day of prep for the next game. Pretty standard for most schools.

Matthew328
11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Coaches want to be on the same schedule as the state game throughout and the uil now dictates this. So we play our games not to lose a day of prep for the next game. Pretty standard for most schools.

Baylor stadium is booked with a 4A game at this time....unless that matchup falls through Floyd Casey is booked

Burnet is OK with playing Stephenville anywhere in Waco, as long as the game is Friday....well all the stadiums in town are booked...Belton is booked...Killeen is one that I'm not sure about...so it may come down to; flip home and home and play Friday...or pick an available Waco stadium and flip Thur for Saturday...

as for a possible Brownwood-Stephenville game, Brownwood does not want to do a home and home from what I've been told. Brownwood suggested Gatesville, but that was turned down due to small seating capacity...this could end up being a Thur./Sat flip for a stadium in Waco (I think Shotwell is booked Thur night)

hollywood
11-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Baylor stadium is booked with a 4A game at this time....unless that matchup falls through Floyd Casey is booked

Burnet is OK with playing Stephenville anywhere in Waco, as long as the game is Friday....well all the stadiums in town are booked...Belton is booked...Killeen is one that I'm not sure about...so it may come down to; flip home and home and play Friday...or pick an available Waco stadium and flip Thur for Saturday...

as for a possible Brownwood-Stephenville game, Brownwood does not want to do a home and home from what I've been told. Brownwood suggested Gatesville, but that was turned down due to small seating capacity...this could end up being a Thur./Sat flip for a stadium in Waco (I think Shotwell is booked Thur night)

Very interesting Matt. Thanks for the insight brotha.

toddg
11-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Joshua has a nice fairly new facility..there are nice stadiums everywhere big enough to hold any 3a crowd..no need for thursday game IMO

hollywood
11-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Guess there's always Comanche! :D

Matthew328
11-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Joshua has a nice fairly new facility..there are nice stadiums everywhere big enough to hold any 3a crowd..no need for thursday game IMO

Joshua is a great stadium, only problem is the locker rooms are horribly small

ccmom
11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
If Shotwell is booked, how about Bulldog Stadium? Just don't let the crickets follow you there!!!:ack!:

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Guess there's always Comanche! :D

this is silly... flip for home and be done with it.

jason
11-04-2013, 02:32 PM
How about copperas cove for burnet or brownwood?
It holds 9,845

Burnet - 40 miles
Brownwood - 90 miles
Stephenville - 100 miles

Sweetwater Red
11-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I wonder if Sweetwater is being considered for any 3A and above matchups.
I know our dressing rooms are awful and sandly I don't see anything changing
In the foreseeable future but it's still a great place to play and can hold a lot of
fans.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 02:49 PM
If Shotwell is booked, how about Bulldog Stadium? Just don't let the crickets follow you there!!!:ack!:

I actually like y'alls stadium. Very nice.

jacketbacker09
11-04-2013, 02:58 PM
this is silly... flip for home and be done with it.

I agree

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Coaches want to be on the same schedule as the state game throughout.

I think this is a little much... If this was really the case they would play on Friday's at noon this year. gaining/losing one day of prep wont kill/make you.

refereedoc
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Seemed to work last year, huh? Losing a day can effect especially with small injuries at that time of year.

vtskneb
11-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I think this is a little much... If this was really the case they would play on Friday's at noon this year. gaining/losing one day of prep wont kill/make you.

I will take examples to the contrary for 3A playoff games. We get that you were frustrated about Stephenville coaches not playing Wylie in Brownwood last year but you aren't even making sense now.

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Seemed to work last year, huh? Losing a day can effect especially with small injuries at that time of year.

I don't think it would have mattered last year with the level Stephenville was at. :rolleyes:

full circle
11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Losing a day of prep is definitely a big deal

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I will take examples to the contrary for 3A playoff games. We get that you were frustrated about Stephenville coaches not playing Wylie in Brownwood last year but you aren't even making sense now.

Well it makes sense in my head... :nerd:

hollywood
11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
This game will be played on Friday night. Whether it's in Waco, Mineral Wells, Abilene, or on Zephyr's new field.

refereedoc
11-04-2013, 03:24 PM
This game will be played on Friday night. Whether it's in Waco, Mineral Wells, Abilene, or on Zephyr's new field.
Zephyr has the best 6 man field in the state! Do you think anyone would notice it was 80 yards?

D'Highlander
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Zephyr has the best 6 man field in the state! Do you think anyone would notice it was 80 yards?

when in Rome... They should play by sixman rules.... :cheerl:

hollywood
11-04-2013, 03:41 PM

I agree on their field! Side note... both Brownwood and Burnet would need the short field to have a chance to score. :clap:

:1popcorn:

toddg
11-04-2013, 05:38 PM

Pirate Stadium in granbury..over 6k capacity..best grass turf in the state

GrTigers6
11-04-2013, 05:42 PM

Its Turf Turf Now!:D

Emerson1
11-04-2013, 05:43 PM

Does 7-5A and 8-5A have it for Saturday too?

refereedoc
11-04-2013, 05:45 PM

Where will the other team sit? :tisk:

toddg
11-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Where will the other team sit? :tisk:

if its Burnet, greendawg will just sit with ya'll and be a menace like the old Jacket fans do sitting on the visitor side thinking its the home side:)

toddg
11-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Its Turf Turf Now!:D
havent been there in a few years..their grass used to be primo!

hollywood
11-04-2013, 06:09 PM
if its Burnet, greendawg will just sit with ya'll and be a menace like the old Jacket fans do sitting on the visitor side thinking its the home side:)

What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine is how we roll toddg! You just know figuring that out? The District Championship was yours until we took it... 2 years in a row!

:wave:

toddg
11-04-2013, 07:04 PM
What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine is how we roll toddg! You just know figuring that out? The District Championship was yours until we took it... 2 years in a row!

:wave:

We will take it back...we will! :)

Matthew328
11-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Does 7-5A and 8-5A have it for Saturday too?

Not sure....but no one wants to play Saturday

GrTigers6
11-05-2013, 06:04 AM
havent been there in a few years..their grass used to be primo!

Yeah it was one of the best ones in the area. but they put in turf this summer. It is a really nice stadium now! they added some rock work and black fencing. I have called several games there this year

BullDawgDad
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
What does the Lampasas facilities look like?

HORRIABLE!!! Old, run down, terrible parking and very limited seating!

hollywood
11-05-2013, 10:45 AM
HORRIABLE!!! Old, run down, terrible parking and very limited seating!

:spitlol:

But yeah, you're right. Some 1A's have better. Heck, even 6-man Zephyr has better!

panfan
11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
:spitlol:

But yeah, you're right. Some 1A's have better. Heck, even 6-man Zephyr has better!

Hey we got a new stadium that might could be used? We could use the $$$ coming in.

BullDawgDad
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Hey we got a new stadium that might could be used? We could use the $$$ coming in.

Marble Falls also has a nice stadium and facilities.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 11:08 AM

I know. It's very nice what the architectural firm has done with the place. ;) They are top notch.

greendawg84
11-05-2013, 11:22 AM

Damn right ! It makes it more fun that way !

Matthew328
11-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Damn right ! It makes it more fun that way !

Looking more and more like a home and home flip...

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 03:07 PM

Por que?

Cant find a place to play huh? I saw where you said Desoto has WISD Friday.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 03:08 PM

Por que?

Even for a Stephenville/Burnet match up?

jacketbacker09
11-05-2013, 03:39 PM

LM, looking like a home/home flip for both Sville/Burnet and Sville/Bwood or just Sville/Burnet?

Matthew328
11-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Belton just came open...looks like Stephenville will play Brownwood or Burnet there Friday 7:30pm...Belton High School not the new UMHB Stadium

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Yay for Belton... :vrycnfsd: about 2 hours for Stephenville and Brownwood and 1 hour for Burnet

hollywood
11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Belton just came open...looks like Stephenville will play Brownwood or Burnet there Friday 7:30pm...Belton High School not the new UMHB Stadium

Belton?? SMH

Crap, another road trip. What's that... about 110 miles one way? lol

refereedoc
11-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I can get to UMHB(officiating basketball) in about 90 minutes going through Gatesville. Hollywood go through Fairy, it is a beautiful drive this time of year unlike going to Abilene.

hollywood
11-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I can get to UMHB(officiating basketball) in about 90 minutes going through Gatesville.

That's not too bad then. ;)

hollywood
11-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Tiger Stadium capacity about 9,000. Looks to be decent.

Would have been better if it were the UMHB stadium. That's a nice stadium.

D'Highlander
11-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Tiger Stadium capacity about 9,000. Looks to be decent.

Would have been better if it were the UMHB stadium. That's a nice stadium.

I think the visitor side only seats 2200, but that might be enough... IDK

http://news.umhb.edu/sites/news.umhb.edu/files/imagecache/news_zoom/post-images/Stadium%2520Square.jpg

toddg
11-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Belton?? SMH

Crap, another road trip. What's that... about 110 miles one way? lol

somebody call
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/wambulance_logo.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)LOL!!:wave:

Matthew328
11-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Por que?

Yes likely DeSoto vs. Copperas Cove Friday at Waco ISD

Matthew328
11-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Yes likely DeSoto vs. Copperas Cove Friday at Waco ISD

travel for Stephenville won't be an issue in Rd 2 if they take care of business

hollywood
11-05-2013, 09:32 PM
travel for Stephenville won't be an issue in Rd 2 if they take care of business

No, probably a MW venue again.