PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs. Bellville- Battle of Mill Creek!!

TigerPride12
11-04-2013, 12:58 AM
What better way to close out the regular season with the Sealy Tigers traveling down to Bellville to battle a very stout group led by Coach Rowe. Tigers are sitting 3-2 in district and can sign their ticket to the playoffs with a win. However, if the Tigers fall, they have to hope El Campo can knock off Columbus. Coach Holcomb has turned the "rebuilding year" into a year of competing and battling week in and week out. Expect a packed house at the pasture as one of high school's oldest rivalry throws down Friday night at 7:30! Who you got and what's the score??

Pudlugger
11-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Bellville has a robust defense and can control the clock with their ball control offense. I doubt Sealy will be able to get the stops on defense to put up enough points to win. Bellville by 21.

whitelightning5
11-04-2013, 08:28 AM
What better way to close out the regular season with the Sealy Tigers traveling down to Bellville to battle a very stout group led by Coach Rowe. Tigers are sitting 3-2 in district and can sign their ticket to the playoffs with a win. However, if the Tigers fall, they have to hope El Campo can knock off Columbus. Coach Holcomb has turned the "rebuilding year" into a year of competing and battling week in and week out. Expect a packed house at the pasture as one of high school's oldest rivalry throws down Friday night at 7:30! Who you got and what's the score??

El Campo will beat Columbus.

What an exciting week. This rivalry rarely results in a blowout. I'm gonna say Bellville by 10.

OLE'BULL
11-04-2013, 08:59 AM
I agree with you whitelightning5, there haven't been too many blowouts as both teams are always up for this game. No matter who the better team is supposed to be, which this year is no doubt Bellville, the weaker team always finds a way to hang around. That being said, I would love to jump on them early and put the game away. I don't want our starters to have to play the full 4 quarters. Fresh legs and injury free is how I want the Bulls to enter the playoffs. El Campo shouldn't have a problem with Columbus. Even with all of their injuries, it seems like EC is still finding a way to get it done. No matter how many seniors they graduated from last years team, that State run has helped them in more ways than one this year.

BB BULLS
11-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Bellville 35 Sealy 17. the Brahmas will fired up and ready

TigerPride12
11-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Guess I'm the only Sealy poster in this thread! Haha but knowing it is a rivalry game (which always finds a way to be a great game), I'm gonna take Sealy by 3! Tigers just have to take it one possession at a time

TigerPride12
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know if Royce Caldwell is playing for Columbus this week? If he plays, he could put a wrinkle in the el campo D.

Scoop27
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
After the way El Campo shutdown Sealy last week-The Brahmas will have an easy time over the Tigers-Even with the rivalry factor. The Birds will beat the Cardinals by 28 points plus. Picking Royal to beat Needville for the cellar spot

whitelightning5
11-04-2013, 10:45 AM
After the way El Campo shutdown Sealy last week-The Brahmas will have an easy time over the Tigers-Even with the rivalry factor. The Birds will beat the Cardinals by 28 points plus. Picking Royal to beat Needville for the cellar spot

I hope you're right, but you have to throw everything out the window with rivalry games. Tendencies are no longer a factor...lol. EC shuts down most teams that they play, but the Brahmas aren't EC. We can be stingy, but just match up differently. While improving, our secondary has been a little suspect at times.

TigerPride12
11-04-2013, 11:06 AM
One thing to note in the EC/ Sealy game, Sealy had the ball deep in the red zone and dropped a wide open pass in the end one that would have made it 21-14. Take away the punt return for the TD by EC, it's a 14-14 game. Not saying El Campo isn't good, cause they are the real deal. What I'm saying is Sealy is 2 or 3 plays away from being a complete football team. That's what they have to work on most I believe.

TigerPride12
11-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Meant endzone in that last post haha. Way to go autocorrect!

The Bull #40
11-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Is this thread really dead? I figured it would be blowing up by Saturday morning! I cannot wait for this matchup - I think the Brahmas are in for a real battle against Sealy. I hope our ground n pound offense keeps the Tigers passing attack off the field.

TigerPride12
11-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I was wondering the same thing Bull! This thread is usually at the top of the forum year in and year out. I agree it is going to be a battle and can go either way as it always does. Best of luck to both teams in the final regular season game and lets hope for an injury free contest!

MJMbrahmas10
11-05-2013, 04:05 PM
All the sealy poster ran Mitchell out of town. And now are nowhere to be found on here

gambler1606
11-05-2013, 04:22 PM
All the sealy poster ran Mitchell out of town. And now are nowhere to be found on here

Nawww! We have just been keeping a low profile.

Sealy by 3!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-05-2013, 05:25 PM

I love mitchell.. wish he was still here.. lord knows we need him. Should be a good game this friday, i'm excited ill get to make this one.

Scoop27
11-05-2013, 05:30 PM
We ate at Tony's after church on Sunday and I was talking with some Sealy fans and they were grumbling about the Friday's game being moved to El Campo

speedbump
11-05-2013, 05:46 PM
We ate at Tony's after church on Sunday and I was talking with some Sealy fans and they were grumbling about the Friday's game being moved to El Campo

I lived in Sealy for nine years and made 5 or 6 phone calls. They were grumbling about their field,but every single one understood why the game was moved to EC instead of Louis or any of your other ridiculous suggestions.

TigerPride12
11-06-2013, 09:07 AM
I would have weighed my options a little differently. I'm sure coach G and his kids over at EC were more than happy to have the game played at Ricebird stadium. (Where they are undefeated this season) maybe would have checked a neutral site or even hold off the game till Saturday afternoon and let the field dry off a bit. Considering it was the last home game of the season for the Tigers, tearing up the field wouldn't be an issue. Oh well, what's done is done. Sealy now can just go to the pasture and win by 7 hehe stirring the pot!

TigerPride12
11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Also good to mention we'll have our first "perfect weather" football game of the year. Game temp expected to be in the mid to high 50's!

whitelightning5
11-06-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm excited about the weather and excited about this game. What happened to the Sealy posters that used to get in here and spew crap? Did they only want to post when the Tigers were heavy favorites with RSJ and company?

TigerPride....give me some information on your current team. I hear your offense is a big play waiting to happen.

OLE'BULL
11-06-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm excited about the weather and excited about this game. What happened to the Sealy posters that used to get in here and spew crap? Did they only want to post when the Tigers were heavy favorites with RSJ and company?

TigerPride....give me some information on your current team. I hear your offense is a big play waiting to happen.

Most of them were one year wonders. Kind of like WhartonTigers will be...

stxtiger
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Our offense is Jekyll and Hide. When firing on all cylinders it is scary with all of our weapons. See the Columbus game. On the other hand, mental mistakes can make our offense look horrible see Wharton and El Campo. This will be a great game. If the Tigers offense can get it going, we may be able to surprise the Brahmas at the Pasture. I like going in as the underdog. We will see what happens. I say Tigers by 7.

BB BULLS
11-06-2013, 01:50 PM
two days left then its on! Bellville by 17.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-06-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't see sealy losing by more than 10. Sealy will put up the points with Einkauf and Wallace. I say sealy by a td

BullBucks
11-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Sealy is a scary football team offensively. They are still a couple years away from being really good. I will take Bellville by 14.

buff4ever
11-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Bellville by more than normal in this rivalry game.

OLE'BULL
11-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't see sealy losing by more than 10. Sealy will put up the points with Einkauf and Wallace. I say sealy by a td

They will lose by more than 10. Bellville is better than El Campo. Bellville's D is better than El Campos as well. 30-7 Bellville~!

stxtiger
11-06-2013, 02:54 PM
They will lose by more than 10. Bellville is better than El Campo. Bellville's D is better than El Campos as well. 30-7 Bellville~!

This might be the most homer comment I have ever seen on this forum. Bellville's Defense is good but no where near El Campos. Campo has blanked us and Wharton two of the most potent offenses in our district. Think Wharton hung 20 something on you guys can't remember but they only gained 63 total yards on the night against El Campo. Sealy gained 201 which is about 200 yards less then our average. Bellville isn't as good as their fans think they are and if El Campo doesn't fumble to you guys 5 times or whatever you don't win that game. Better tell your defense to get ready because they haven't played an offense like Sealy's all year.

OLE'BULL
11-06-2013, 03:10 PM
This might be the most homer comment I have ever seen on this forum. Bellville's Defense is good but no where near El Campos. Campo has blanked us and Wharton two of the most potent offenses in our district. Think Wharton hung 20 something on you guys can't remember but they only gained 63 total yards on the night against El Campo. Sealy gained 201 which is about 200 yards less then our average. Bellville isn't as good as their fans think they are and if El Campo doesn't fumble to you guys 5 times or whatever you don't win that game. Better tell your defense to get ready because they haven't played an offense like Sealy's all year.

Ok rookie. Sealy's O has done well against poor teams. Against Wharton and El Campo you averaged 10.5 points per game. That is hardly anything to brag about. Most potent offenses in the district? C'mon man, talk about a homer comment. Wharton hung 20 on Bellville, and the last TD was in the final minute/s when the game was over, they hung 35 on Sealy. Wharton is nothing special either. They had a hot start and fizzled once the quality of their opponents increased. El Campo fumbled the ball to us 5 times, we threw them 2 INT's (one they took back for a TD) and gave them a fumble. That is a +2 Turnover margin. That shouldnt be a game breaker, it helps, but doesn't sound nearly as important than when you say they gave us the ball 5 times. I dont need to tell our defense anything, we are ready. So is our offense. So are the coaches. So is the community, band, cheerleaders, trainers, etc. I just think its humorous how confident you are in a team that hasn't really done anything all year. If I was Sealy, I would be nervous. I am obviously a Bellville fan, and am a bit nervous. But, YOU should definately be. Guess thats why you eat more crow than I do...

MJMbrahmas10
11-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Let's welcome sealys new coach to Austin County. Bellville by 21

OLE'BULL
11-06-2013, 03:32 PM

Here are some fun little stats for your "Potent" Sealy Tiger offense, and our weak Defense:

OFFENSE- POINTS SCORED PER GAME:
1- WHARTON- 34.4
2- EL CAMPO- 31.4
3- BELLVILLE- 31.2
4- COLUMBUS- 27.6
5- SEALY- 27.0 (HARDLY POTENT CHIEF, ACTUALLY POOR, SINCE THE NEXT 2 TEAMS BEHIND SEALY ARE BROOKSHIRE AND NEEDVILLE)

DEFENSE- POINTS ALLOWED PER GAME
1- EL CAMPO- 9.8
2- BELLVILLE- 17.8 (SEEMS LIKE WE WILL BE READY)
3- WHARTON- 18.9
4- SEALY-20.2
5- COLUMBUS- 21.6

stxtiger
11-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh look at me I can go and get a bunch of stats that don't necessarily prove my point. Points per game is not how you determine if an offense is good. Sealy is averaging over 200 rush yards a game and almost 150 pass yards. I think that is a pretty potent offense but hey what do I know. I believe that puts us in the top 2 in the district in terms of offensive production but that may have changed after El Campo game. I am just a rookie because I have only posted on this site 40 times or so. I must know nothing about football or the game because I don't have over 750 posts on an internet message board. Let me ask you this? How many rings do you have? Because I guarantee I have more then you so that makes you the rookie because you don't have as many as me. See what I did there? Never said your defense was weak. Only said it wasn't as good as El Campo. Surely you can comprehend this as it is in the stats you posted. AS for this game, not once did I get over confident. If you look at my prediction I said Sealy by 7. Thats not confident at all. In actuality I think this game is a toss up. But keep the internet tough guy act up it suits you. Now I will try to use your logic. We destroyed a team you lost too, guess that means we win this easily.

speedbump
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Bellvilles D isn't even close to ECs.

whitelightning5
11-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Bellvilles D isn't even close to ECs.

<<<<<<Scoreboard. It's good enough to cause a few turnovers here and there...wouldn't you say?

whitelightning5
11-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh look at me I can go and get a bunch of stats that don't necessarily prove my point. Points per game is not how you determine if an offense is good. Sealy is averaging over 200 rush yards a game and almost 150 pass yards. I think that is a pretty potent offense but hey what do I know. I believe that puts us in the top 2 in the district in terms of offensive production but that may have changed after El Campo game. I am just a rookie because I have only posted on this site 40 times or so. I must know nothing about football or the game because I don't have over 750 posts on an internet message board. Let me ask you this? How many rings do you have? Because I guarantee I have more then you so that makes you the rookie because you don't have as many as me. See what I did there? Never said your defense was weak. Only said it wasn't as good as El Campo. Surely you can comprehend this as it is in the stats you posted. AS for this game, not once did I get over confident. If you look at my prediction I said Sealy by 7. Thats not confident at all. In actuality I think this game is a toss up. But keep the internet tough guy act up it suits you. Now I will try to use your logic. We destroyed a team you lost too, guess that means we win this easily.

Welcome back to the party. I was waiting on you to start running your mouth. Congrats on your rings. I've got 2. Got married a few years back and got my degree. I'm a football GEENYUS.

OLE'BULL
11-06-2013, 04:36 PM

I would think since points are needed to win a game, production would be based on points scored. Its great if you can drive 80 yards, but can you score a TD? Or settle for the FG? Yes, YPG should be factored in as well. Hopefully yours are accurate. I have zero rings, but have played alot of football. I follow Bellville football closely and have seen them play almost every week. Posts like this Bellville isn't as good as their fans think they are and if El Campo doesn't fumble to you guys 5 times or whatever you don't win that game. Better tell your defense to get ready because they haven't played an offense like Sealy's all year. make me believe that you dont think our D isn't strong when in fact we are. It also makes me think you dont feel like we deserved to beat EC. Not trying to be an internet tough guy, just dont like when people throw out bold statements like "most potent offense in the district" when in fact, it is not true. I also love throwing "rookie" in there b/c its gets people wound up, like you just got. Bellville SHOULD win this game, and I think they will.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-06-2013, 05:21 PM
im so stoked for this one. Bellville is giving sealy absolutely no shot on here and that is a mistake. I have not seen Bellville play this year and only caught a handful of Sealy games but i heard from someone i trust that Bellville may be good enough to have a crack at making it to the state game this year. I'm not sure how true that is but if it is true this should be a fun game. I know sealy is excited and expecting a tough hard game from bellville, bellville would be dumb not to expect the same from sealy.. remember 08 when bellville was undefeated at 8-0 and ranked number 3 or something near there in the state and sealy came into the pasture of pain and beet them.. its very doable.

The Bull #40
11-06-2013, 05:22 PM

Idk what kind of offense you think you have down 36, but I guarantee you the Kinkaid offense is MUCH MORE high octane than Sealys. I don't believe you have two playmaking stud receivers (one who is already commited to Florida State) and their QB is almost certainly better than Sealys and will most likely play D1 somewhere. Relax with anointing Sealy's offense as the best we've played. And if we had a kicker at the time we played Kinkaid, we wouldn't have had to go to overtime.

The Bull #40
11-06-2013, 05:26 PM
im so stoked for this one. Bellville is giving sealy absolutely no shot on here and that is a mistake. I have not seen Bellville play this year and only caught a handful of Sealy games but i heard from someone i trust that Bellville may be good enough to have a crack at making it to the state game this year. I'm not sure how true that is but if it is true this should be a fun game. I know sealy is excited and expecting a tough hard game from bellville, bellville would be dumb not to expect the same from sealy.. remember 08 when bellville was undefeated at 8-0 and ranked number 3 or something near there in the state and sealy came into the pasture of pain and beet them.. its very doable.

I agree B&GFL, Sealy should definitely be a team to worry about, if their passing offense is what people say it is. And as far as us going to state.... that will be sorted out in the coming weeks. I just think Bellville is the better team this year. And in 08, we WERE the better team. Just lost on a busted play.... that one hurt.

OLE'BULL
11-06-2013, 05:34 PM

Ehhhh, dont go that far. I dont think anyone here is not giving Sealy a shot. I said Bellville SHOULD win. Thats the truth, cant argue there. I also said I THINK they will win. Of course any Bellville fan would. But in reality, if someone said here is $1,000,000, bet it on the team you think will win, if your right, you keep it. Who would you put it on? Same here. I am not in any way writing this game off as a W. Bellville/Sealy is always scary for the team that is supposed to win. There is no doubt in my mind that if we take care of business, we will win. But, anything can happen and I wont be comfortable until the clock hits 0.00. Sealy can surprise Bellville if we aren't careful. They are good. Not great, but good.

speedbump
11-06-2013, 07:41 PM
<<<<<<Scoreboard. It's good enough to cause a few turnovers here and there...wouldn't you say?

Under the right circumstances.

Weebe
11-06-2013, 07:44 PM
El Campo has put the ball on the ground all year. I think it has more to do with El Campo's RB's than any specific defense they have played.

speedbump
11-06-2013, 07:50 PM
El Campo has put the ball on the ground all year. I think it has more to do with El Campo's RB's than any specific defense they have played.

Dove could be back for the second or third round of the playoffs but only if the doc says he is 100%.

maestro
11-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Traveling thru Seguin this evening.
And...

Crossed Little Mill Creek!!!

So, how did these two schools become Mill Creek Battle?

Does the creek run thru the communities?

Just curious

The Bull #40
11-06-2013, 08:47 PM
And...

Just curious

Yep! Best road for backroading in Bellville is Old Mill Creek Rd.

TigerPride12
11-07-2013, 03:06 AM
Finally this thread is getting somewhere!! Haha everyone is making a good case for their argument. One thing to note is when Sealy posters say "potent", they really mean "better than expected this year". Keep in mind Sealy is under mostly COMPLETELY new coaches at the big positions such as HC, OC, and DC. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year but here we are on the cusp of making playoffs! It really has been a great year for Sealy and to think Einkauf is a junior and Wallace is a 6'2 sophomore running back! The JV, Freshman, and junior high are playing very well which has to have holcomb feeling good about the future. Offensively: we can be scary IF Einkauf feels comfortable in the pocket and IF Wallace runs with authority, which is sporadic. Defensively: we are stout against the run, especially if it's a compacted offense such as the Wing T. Only gave up 130 on the ground to EC, which is alright for a team with a lot of young guys including a freshman who has a nose for the football. (#39 to all my Bellville posters). Now as far as passing defense, we are susceptible to giving up the deep ball. But I guarantee you we are gonna get the best of Sealy and the best of Bellville Friday Night!

OLE'BULL
11-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Finally this thread is getting somewhere!! Haha everyone is making a good case for their argument. One thing to note is when Sealy posters say "potent", they really mean "better than expected this year". Keep in mind Sealy is under mostly COMPLETELY new coaches at the big positions such as HC, OC, and DC. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year but here we are on the cusp of making playoffs! It really has been a great year for Sealy and to think Einkauf is a junior and Wallace is a 6'2 sophomore running back! The JV, Freshman, and junior high are playing very well which has to have holcomb feeling good about the future. Offensively: we can be scary IF Einkauf feels comfortable in the pocket and IF Wallace runs with authority, which is sporadic. Defensively: we are stout against the run, especially if it's a compacted offense such as the Wing T. Only gave up 130 on the ground to EC, which is alright for a team with a lot of young guys including a freshman who has a nose for the football. (#39 to all my Bellville posters). Now as far as passing defense, we are susceptible to giving up the deep ball. But I guarantee you we are gonna get the best of Sealy and the best of Bellville Friday Night!

There is no doubt Sealy has some talent that unfortunately for District 25, will be back next year. I was talking to a buddy yesterday and told them to keep an eye on that sophomore RB these next couple of years. Also told him to watch out for Sealy, they might be pretty good these next couple of years. I just don't think they are quite where they need to be this year, though they improved quickly under new leadership. I still think the Brahmas will take care of business tomorrow night!

whitelightning5
11-07-2013, 08:28 AM

I see what side you're on here. The fact that Bellville stood your RBs up and clubbed and ripped at the ball had no bearing on them fumbling (I'm not talking about the bad QB/RB exchanges, as most of those were recovered by the birds). The RBs just simply dropped the pigskin. GIVE ME A BREAK. The only team that can beat EC is EC...thanks for the win Ricebirds.

whitelightning5
11-07-2013, 08:33 AM

Yeah man. I don't think anyone has said that Sealy has no shot. It's a rivalry game and anyone with football knowledge should know that you can't predict these games. We've all taken our shots in the dark at spreads, but we all know how important this game is to both sides. Sometimes the better teams don't win in this rivarly. That's what makes it fun. Trust me when I say, NO ONE FROM BELLVILLE IS OVERLOOKING THIS GAME.

Manso/V8
11-07-2013, 10:18 AM
And...

Just curious

A lot of rural areas have a Mill Creek, bcause back in the day, there was usually a grist mill on one of the creeks to grind grains.
That is how our Mill Creek got it's name.
The familiy that ran that grist mill recieved extra land and other incentives to move here and build it.
Our Mill Creek runs NE-SW across Austin County to the Brazos River and is roughly the dividing line between Bellville and Sealy.
The Little Mill Creek in Seguin is probably a completely differenct creek.

A lot of history behind this rivalry, and it runs generations deep.
There will be kids on the field from both teams whose brothers, cousins, uncles, fathers, grandfathers, and great-grandfathers have played in the Bellville-Sealy game.

Brahmas by 7!

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 11:03 AM
A reminder of webcasts sites
http://www.sealysports.com/Sealy_STSN/Broadcast_Schedule.html
http://bellvillesports.com/2013_football_broadcast_schedule

Red Bull
11-07-2013, 01:59 PM
This should be a great matchup. As most everyone on both sides have said, this game is rivalry game that can go either way. Just throw the records out and lets go play. I say Bellville 35-28 in a thriller.

BB BULLS
11-07-2013, 02:15 PM
A lot of rural areas have a Mill Creek, bcause back in the day, there was usually a grist mill on one of the creeks to grind grains.
That is how our Mill Creek got it's name.
The familiy that ran that grist mill recieved extra land and other incentives to move here and build it.
Our Mill Creek runs NE-SW across Austin County to the Brazos River and is roughly the dividing line between Bellville and Sealy.
The Little Mill Creek in Seguin is probably a completely differenct creek.

A lot of history behind this rivalry, and it runs generations deep.
There will be kids on the field from both teams whose brothers, cousins, uncles, fathers, grandfathers, and great-grandfathers have played in the Bellville-Sealy game.

Brahmas by 7!

there are also boys from Sealy & Bellville that are friends and want the bragging rights for a year as well. Bellville by 17. i think Sealy will have a couple turnovers that will cost them.

speedbump
11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
I see what side you're on here. The fact that Bellville stood your RBs up and clubbed and ripped at the ball had no bearing on them fumbling (I'm not talking about the bad QB/RB exchanges, as most of those were recovered by the birds). The RBs just simply dropped the pigskin. GIVE ME A BREAK. The only team that can beat EC is EC...thanks for the win Ricebirds.

In the first five games your opponents had 8 fumbles of which you recovered 4. El Campo had 8 and you recovered 5. I'm guessing you got a couple of gifts.

OLE'BULL
11-07-2013, 04:30 PM
In the first five games your opponents had 8 fumbles of which you recovered 4. El Campo had 8 and you recovered 5. I'm guessing you got a couple of gifts.

Jesus man, the turnover margin was +2 in favor of Bellville. Hardly as lopsided as you are making it sound.They got a few "gifts" too. One of those gifts was returned for a TD.

TigerPride12
11-07-2013, 04:31 PM
The radio broadcast for Sealy, STSN, does a great job with play by play and commentary! They are fun to listen to and the broadcast is led by Brad Burtschell, 3-time state champion QB. The new commentary man this year is Ryan Klepser, a 3 sport athlete that graduated from Sealy in 2012. This whole crew is doing great things for Sealy.

TigerPride12
11-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Can anyone from Bellville let me in on who's been the Quarterback this year and how he's done??

speedbump
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Jesus man, the turnover margin was +2 in favor of Bellville. Hardly as lopsided as you are making it sound.They got a few "gifts" too. One of those gifts was returned for a TD.

Suppose EC had no turnovers and had the +2 advantage. You think Bellville wins in that scenario?

OLE'BULL
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Can anyone from Bellville let me in on who's been the Quarterback this year and how he's done??

Wyatt Strieder. He is a Senior this year and its his first year at the helm. We dont throw very often at all, but has shown flashes of being OK. Pretty mobile on the run, but not blazing fast and not any production with his feet. Our RB's carry 85%+ of the load, but we can throw it when we need to. Stats Below:

PASSING
36 of 69
3 INTS
.522 completion %
684 Total Yards
8 TD's

OLE'BULL
11-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Suppose EC had no turnovers and had the +2 advantage. You think Bellville wins in that scenario?

If grandma had balls... She'd be grandpa. I couldnt tell you. Things like momentum, time of possesion, etc. all come in to play. How do we know that when they returned the INT for a TD that they didnt get a huge momentum swing in their direction? Could they have done anything with the +2 turnovers? I dont know man, its not worth racking my brain over. We won, and have moved on and are focusing on Sealy and the playoffs...

TigerPride12
11-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks Ole' Bull, kinda guessed y'all didn't toss the ol' pig skin around too much considering y'all or super efficient running the ball. I believe the Streiders go to the Catholic Church in Sealy from what I know! Great kid and family thats for sure. Just over 27 hours till Kick off! LETS GO SEALY

whitelightning5
11-07-2013, 05:03 PM

Considering that you had no answer to our running game....I think the game ends up pretty interesting.

I think its common sense that if you win 2 of the 3 phases of the game....you will find yourself on top at the end.

The only advantage you had the entire night was from your punter. He out punted ours by 7 yards.

Other than that we ran the ball down your throat (234 yards) and threw when we needed to (125 yards).

We won the turnover battle and didn't let you get in any kind of rhythm.

We beat you on 2 if not 3 phases of the game. Quit harping on this...it wont change the score.

speedbump
11-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Considering that you had no answer to our running game....I think the game ends up pretty interesting.

I think its common sense that if you win 2 of the 3 phases of the game....you will find yourself on top at the end.

The only advantage you had the entire night was from your punter. He out punted ours by 7 yards.

Other than that we ran the ball down your throat (234 yards) and threw when we needed to (125 yards).

We won the turnover battle and didn't let you get in any kind of rhythm.

We beat you on 2 if not 3 phases of the game. Quit harping on this...it wont change the score.

When I see someone act as if every fumble was caused by some outstanding play by Bellville I'll respond. Weebe was right. We have fumbled way to much all year. 25 and lost 13. We had a weakness and Bellville took advantage of it. That's what good teams are suppose to do but don't act as if the weakness wasn't there. I think he's the same poster that said Bellvilles D was better than ECs. LOL

Red Bull
11-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Bellville has scoreboard 24-21 over EC. That is only stat that counts. Move on!

Weebe
11-08-2013, 01:32 AM
So Columbus is a better team than Bellville?

BB BULLS
11-08-2013, 07:37 AM

They were that night! now can we move on who cares about ElCampo we beat them and thats final there is nothing anyone can do about that.all the what if's is not gonna change the score. You El Campo fans need to let it go. this is supposed to be thread about Sealy vs Bellville not about El Campo. my El Campo Friends i know it hurts that we won the game but it will be alright. Bellville 35 Sealy 17

gambler1606
11-08-2013, 08:43 AM
After watching the Freshmen and JV Games. Sealy doesn't have a chance. My question is, is this still a rivalry? I played in it for 6 years of my career and it seems to me the rivalry is still with Bellville, but Sealy has nothing of the sorts. I understand about being friends, but not on this week... My other question, where in the Hell was our Varsity at when their little brothers were getting their asses handed to them last night. I don't know I might be wrong.

I don't think Coach Holcomb has ever been in an atmosphere like this one or what it use to be.

Bellville by 20

OLE'BULL
11-08-2013, 09:03 AM

Old news pal, we got beat by a team that played well enough (with the help of a TERRIBLE call) to beat Bellville. We shouldnt have let it come down to a bad call. We got re-focused after that game and took care of Wharton, El Campo, etc. We have moved on from our one district loss, why cant you?

whitelightning5
11-08-2013, 09:04 AM
When I see someone act as if every fumble was caused by some outstanding play by Bellville I'll respond. Weebe was right. We have fumbled way to much all year. 25 and lost 13. We had a weakness and Bellville took advantage of it. That's what good teams are suppose to do but don't act as if the weakness wasn't there. I think he's the same poster that said Bellvilles D was better than ECs. LOL

Well you think WRONG....AGAIN. I never said Bellville's D was better than EC's. I challenge you to go back and read past posts there bump. I've always appreciated ECs tradition. I know what EC brings to the table. I know we caught EC on a night when they hadn't played in a few weeks and were rusty. I also know that our offense stacked up pretty decent against your defense. Never once did I say our defense was better than yours. Our defense did out play yours on that night though.....didnt they? And you you're incredibly naive if you think that Bellville didn't force some turnovers. AGAIN...I never once said that our D caused all of the turnovers, but to think that they didnt force some. THAT'S DUMB.

Weebe....Do I think Columbus is better than Bellville? No. Were they that night? Yes. They caught us sleep walking and looking forward to you. Had it not been for an admitted blown call on a Bellville TD, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

OLE'BULL
11-08-2013, 09:09 AM
After watching the Freshmen and JV Games. Sealy doesn't have a chance. My question is, is this still a rivalry? I played in it for 6 years of my career and it seems to me the rivalry is still with Bellville, but Sealy has nothing of the sorts. I understand about being friends, but not on this week... My other question, where in the Hell was our Varsity at when their little brothers were getting their asses handed to them last night. I don't know I might be wrong.

I don't think Coach Holcomb has ever been in an atmosphere like this one or what it use to be.

Bellville by 20

I wouldn't put too much into what the Frosh/JV teams do, though I hope you are right. As far as the Varsity not being there, I dont think thats a big deal at all. If I was the head coach, I would want them going home, getting a good meal, staying off their feet, getting to bed early, etc. I dont think any new coach can prepare for the Sealy/Bellville rivalry. Maybe Sealy doesn't get as excited as Bellville anymore b/c they arent as good as they used to be, I dont know. Even in the 90's when Sealy was killing people, and Bellvlle was bad, Bellville still got wound up for this matchup. I expect the atmosphere at the Pasture of Pain to be electric. The atmosphere in Sealy the last 2 years for this rivalry were both VERY electric...

stxtiger
11-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Don't listen to that gambler guy. I promise you the kids are as fired up for this game as they can be. Freshman/JV scores mean nothingl. This rivalry won't be the same after this year as these teams won't be in the same district any more. Going to be great weather. Sealy 28 Bellville 21

whitelightning5
11-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Don't listen to that gambler guy. I promise you the kids are as fired up for this game as they can be. Freshman/JV scores mean nothingl. This rivalry won't be the same after this year as these teams won't be in the same district any more. Going to be great weather. Sealy 28 Bellville 21

I think the rivalry will continue, as long as the coaches find a way to keep this game on the schedule. Unless they decide to pull a UT/aTm.

MJMbrahmas10
11-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Does anyone have the overall record from the rivalry?

Scoop27
11-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Just finished listening to Bellville coach Grady Rowe on the football coaches show on KULM out of Columbus. He was really praising his team as well as the Tigers

whitelightning5
11-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Just finished listening to Bellville coach Grady Rowe on the football coaches show on KULM out of Columbus. He was really praising his team as well as the Tigers

I really like what Rowe brings to this team. He fights for everything and doesn't let a single missed call pass by. He's a competitive, fiery guy and gets the best out of the players.

TigerPride12
11-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Very excited for the game tonight! As a former player I can tell you the rivalry is STILL there and there is a lot of bragging rights to be won tonight. Coach Holcomb will know soon enough how big the rivalry is to BOTH teams. Were gonna get the best from both squads and I'm predicting a thriller, Sealy 24 Bellville 21!

Red Bull
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Weebe;1779426]So Columbus is a better team than Bellville?[/QUOTEY

Yes on that night they were. You didn't see any posts from me going on and on about officiating, turnovers, or whatever. Bellville did not play good enough to overcome and win that night. Move on.

Red Bull
11-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Does anyone have the overall record from the rivalry?

The Bellville Times had all time record in it this week. It said this was 75 meeting between Bellville and Sealy and that Bellville held 44-30 edge over Sealy.

BB BULLS
11-08-2013, 05:06 PM
3-1/2 hours then Sealy bites the dust

whitelightning5
11-08-2013, 11:05 PM

So is Columbus better than EC? Yeah...thats what I thought. EAT IT.

Weebe
11-08-2013, 11:17 PM
So is Columbus better than EC? Yeah...thats what I thought. EAT IT.

Good one.

Apparently you missed my point. Despite the loss, I still think Bellville is better than Columbus.

And Columbus and EC are very close right now. Game could have gone either way. EC had a TD called back for holding and dropped an easy TD in OT.

But, the bottom line is EC is on their 4th and 5th running backs right now. Just don't have enough offense left to be a threat in the playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-08-2013, 11:25 PM
So does Bellville get shoved into the D1 bracket with Columbus's win over EC?

whitelightning5
11-08-2013, 11:32 PM
So does Bellville get shoved into the D1 bracket with Columbus's win over EC?

Yeah. EC and Bellville are D1.

Weebe. I got your point. Just thought I would throw the same back at ya to see your response.

The radio broadcast has us paired with Gonzales in Round 1.

Pudlugger
11-08-2013, 11:40 PM
D25-D26 playoff picture:

D1 Gonzales(R)-BV(W)
La Grange(W)-EC(R)

D2 Yoakum(W)-Columbus(R)
Cuero(R)-Wharton(W)

Red Bull
11-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Congrats to Bellville! District Champs! Hard fought game versus rival. I thought Bellville kept their composer as much as you can against rival under those circumstances.

Manso/V8
11-09-2013, 12:39 AM
D25-D26 playoff picture:

D1 Gonzales(R)-BV(W)
La Grange(W)-EC(R)

D2 Yoakum(W)-Columbus(R)
Cuero(R)-Wharton(W)

The table is set for another D25 sweep.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 04:42 AM
The table is set for eating crow Manso.

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 09:08 AM
D25-D26 playoff picture:

D1 Gonzales(R)-BV(W)
La Grange(W)-EC(R)

D2 Yoakum(W)-Columbus(R)
Cuero(R)-Wharton(W)

Apparently with the three way tie at 4-2 between EC, Wharton and Columbus the point differential would mean Columbus (-4) goes D2 W and Wharton(-12) goes D2 R even though Columbus lost to Wharton. In that case the lineup would change in D2 to: Yoakum W v Wharton R and Cuero R v Columbus W.

Screwy isn't it?

TigerForever
11-09-2013, 08:23 PM
3-1/2 hours then Sealy bites the dust

Congrads to Bellville. They were the better team last night. Good luck in the playoffs.
However, can anyone explain to me the kickoffs? Are they worried about coverage, or can neither team kick past the 35? I sure hope they are not doing that because of an safety concerns?

whitelightning5
11-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Congrads to Bellville. They were the better team last night. Good luck in the playoffs.
However, can anyone explain to me the kickoffs? Are they worried about coverage, or can neither team kick past the 35? I sure hope they are not doing that because of an safety concerns?

No injury concerns. Just the fact that neither team wanted to give up the big play on special teams. Both teams have crazy athletes in the back. I'm very impressed by your RB. Good size and measurables. It will be fun to watch him for 2 more years.