Liberty Hill 21, Wimberley 10
Burnet 34, Taylor 24
Fredericksburg 16, Llano 13
La Vega 37, Gatesville 26
Brownwood 35, Sweetwater 30
Lampasas 35, China Spring 14

sandmaster
11-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Just wondering how Llano has clinched a playoff spot? If you could explain that would be awesome thank you.

Smitty
11-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Llano beat both Lampasass and Gatesville in district play.

sandmaster
11-03-2013, 05:41 PM
But What Happens if Lampassas beats Burnet and Brownwood beats llano this week. Then there is a 3 way tie for 3rd and 4th with Llano, Burnet and Lampassas. Llano beat Lampassas but lost to Burnet. Lampassas lost to Llano but beat Burnet, and Burnet beat Llano and lost to lampassas. If that happens i don't really know what will happen. I think it will go to points. I hope llano has clinched but how i see it llano has not clinched. Llano just needs to beat the wood and then should not have to worry about any tiebreakers.

LHPfactory
11-03-2013, 08:04 PM
But What Happens if Lampassas beats Burnet and Brownwood beats llano this week. Then there is a 3 way tie for 3rd and 4th with Llano, Burnet and Lampassas. Llano beat Lampassas but lost to Burnet. Lampassas lost to Llano but beat Burnet, and Burnet beat Llano and lost to lampassas. If that happens i don't really know what will happen. I think it will go to points. I hope llano has clinched but how i see it llano has not clinched. Llano just needs to beat the wood and then should not have to worry about any tiebreakers.

That scenerio would be a fine mess.

LHPfactory
11-03-2013, 08:08 PM
You would meet in a little cafe and all flip coins........ :)

Friday night lights......

bwdlionfan
11-03-2013, 08:20 PM
From what I can see Llano has NOT clinched a playoff spot, but Brownwood and of course Liberty Hill have. I copy and pasted this from the Stephenville/Brownwood possible playoff matchup thread. By no means do I know if this is 100% accurate but check it out:

If Brownwood beats Llano next week then the winner of Burnet/Lampasas plays Stephenville and Brownwood plays Alvarado. This scenario would make a 3 way tie with Burnet, Llano and Lampasas. Llano would sit home on the points tie breaker.

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Burnet beats Lampasas then Burnet plays Alvarado and Brownwood plays Stephenville. Llano is in as D2 R

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Lampasas beats Burnet then it will be a 3 way tie between Brownwood, Burnet, and Lampasas. Brownwood and Lampasas would have both beat Burnet. Lampasas would play Alvarado and Brownwood would play Stephenville. Llano is in as D2 R

I think there is actually still a chance Bwd goes D2. I believe that if Bwood were to beat Llano, LH beats Gatesville, and Lampasas beats Burnet it would leave the following standings:

LH 5-0
BWD 3-2
Lampasas, Llano and Burnet 2-3
Gville 1-4

Right now Llano is -16 on points in a 3 way tie (+1 for win over Lampasas and someone said the district cap is 17 so -17 for the 21 point loss to Burnet).
Burnet is +17
Lampasas is -1
A Lampasas victory by any margin in this scenario would send Lampasas and Burnet to the playoffs as the two D1 reps.

Someone look over all of this. Too many scenarios. But I can't find one where Bwood stays home.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 09:34 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?123861-stephenville-1st-round-matchups

Per jason:
stephenville 1st round matchups

if it is vs burnet - friday night at waco isd
if it is brownwood - they will flip for mineral wells or shotwell in abilene

Turin
11-04-2013, 10:30 AM
From what I can see Llano has NOT clinched a playoff spot, but Brownwood and of course Liberty Hill have. I copy and pasted this from the Stephenville/Brownwood possible playoff matchup thread. By no means do I know if this is 100% accurate but check it out:

If Brownwood beats Llano next week then the winner of Burnet/Lampasas plays Stephenville and Brownwood plays Alvarado. This scenario would make a 3 way tie with Burnet, Llano and Lampasas. Llano would sit home on the points tie breaker.

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Burnet beats Lampasas then Burnet plays Alvarado and Brownwood plays Stephenville. Llano is in as D2 R

If Brownwood loses to Llano and Lampasas beats Burnet then it will be a 3 way tie between Brownwood, Burnet, and Lampasas. Brownwood and Lampasas would have both beat Burnet. Lampasas would play Alvarado and Brownwood would play Stephenville. Llano is in as D2 R

I think there is actually still a chance Bwd goes D2. I believe that if Bwood were to beat Llano, LH beats Gatesville, and Lampasas beats Burnet it would leave the following standings:

LH 5-0
BWD 3-2
Lampasas, Llano and Burnet 2-3
Gville 1-4

Right now Llano is -16 on points in a 3 way tie (+1 for win over Lampasas and someone said the district cap is 17 so -17 for the 21 point loss to Burnet).
Burnet is +17
Lampasas is -1
A Lampasas victory by any margin in this scenario would send Lampasas and Burnet to the playoffs as the two D1 reps.

Someone look over all of this. Too many scenarios. But I can't find one where Bwood stays home.

I am fairly certain that only positive points are used. Give me a minute and I will take a stab at the scenarios.

panfan
11-04-2013, 10:39 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?123861-stephenville-1st-round-matchups

Per jason:
stephenville 1st round matchups

if it is vs burnet - friday night at waco isd
if it is brownwood - they will flip for mineral wells or shotwell in abilene

Holly, how many places are you gonna post this? :D

Turin
11-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Here is my take on the playoff scenarios.

LH is District Champ and will be the W D2.

Brownwood and Llano play this week so one of them will get to 3 wins and be in the playoffs. Gatesville(v. LH) and Lampasas(v. Burnet) must win to have a chance. If both Lose then LH, Llano, BW & Burnet are in the playoffs with D1 seeding based on how Burnet and Brownwood do this week. Brownwood is W D2 unless they lose and Burnet wins. Below are the scenarios:

LH wins, BW wins, Burnet wins.
BW WD1, Burnet RD1, LH WD2, Llano RD2

LH wins, BW wins, Lampasas wins by less than 17

LH wins, BW wins, Lampasas wins by more than 16 (I am a little fuzzy on this one)
Lampasas WD1, Burnet RD1, LH WD2, Brownwood RD2

LH wins, Llano wins, Burnet wins

LH wins, Llano wins, Lampasas wins be less than 5

LH wins, Llano wins, Lampasas wins be more than 5
Lampasas WD1, Brownwood RD1, LH WD2, Llano RD2

LH wins, Llano wins, Lampasas wins by 5
Lampasas, Brownwood, & Burnet to the next tiebreaker that I have not looked up yet for the last two spots.

LH loses, BW wins, Burnet wins

LH loses, BW wins, Lampasas wins
BW WD1, Burnet RD1, LH WD2, Gatesville RD2

LH loses, Llano wins, Burnet wins
Burnet WD1, BW RD1, LH WD2, Llano RD2

LH loses, Llano wins, Lampasas wins by less than 17
Burnet WD1, Brownwood RD1, LH WD2, Llano RD2

LH loses, Llano wins, Lampasas wins by more than 16
Burnet WD1, Lampasas RD1, LH WD2, Llano RD2

greendawg84
11-04-2013, 11:14 AM
I like it ! Looks like the only way we get The Ville is a Hill loss against Gatesville and that aint gonna happen . :clap:

Turin
11-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Made one correction

LH wins, BW wins, Lampasas wins by more than 16 (I am a little fuzzy on this one)

LH wins, Llano wins, Burnet wins (corrected)

Lampasas, Brownwood, & Burnet to the next tiebreaker that I have not looked up yet for the last two spots.

Turin
11-04-2013, 11:26 AM
I like it ! Looks like the only way we get The Ville is a Hill loss against Gatesville and that aint gonna happen . :clap:

Burnet must have a Brownwood loss to have any chance of avoiding SV.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Made one correction

LH wins, Llano wins, Burnet wins (corrected)

Good stuff Turin!

Mostly likely scenario IMO.

1st round playoffs if this is the order:
DI
Alvarado vs Brownwood
Burnet vs Stephenville

DII
Liberty Hill vs Hillsboro
Llano vs Glen Rose

Slim but 2nd most likely scenario IMO.

DI
Burnet vs Alvarado
Brownwood vs Stephenville

DII
Llano vs Glen Rose

greendawg84
11-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Ok then I am a Jacket fan this week ! :doh:

Turin
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Good stuff Turin!

Mostly likely scenario IMO.

DI
Alvarado vs Brownwood
Burnet vs Stephenville

DII
Llano vs Glen Rose

Slim but 2nd most likely scenario IMO.

DI
Burnet vs Alvarado
Brownwood vs Stephenville

DII
Llano vs Glen Rose

I would agree with you.

How certain are you on Glen Rose over Hillsboro and what should LH expect from Hillsboro?

Bosqueville
11-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I would agree with you.

How certain are you on Glen Rose over Hillsboro and what should LH expect from Hillsboro?

Your JV could beat them..

Turin
11-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Ok then I am a Jacket fan this week ! :doh:

If you avoid SV, I really think you can make some noise with the way the D1 bracket is shaping up.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I would agree with you.

Pretty certain. Glen Rose is just young. They have struggled some with the inexperience but are improving. They graduated the house last year. They have some talent and run a spread offense in which doesn't bold well for Hillsboro.

Hillsboro does not through the ball. They tried once against Stephenville last week and it was picked off. Hillsboro suits up about 25 kids. That's it. Very sad. They have 2 backs that have speed speed speed, but Stephenville didn't allow them to get into space. They run a version of the bone with 3 backs. Here's a scouting report from Sville.
http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1600.0

hollywood
11-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Let's here from the District 8 folks.

Scenario's loom this Friday as to who will be seeded where and who will survive another week and who will stay home.

Brownwood @ Llano -- Odds of LLano throwing the upset?

Burnet @ Lampasas -- Odds of Lampasas throwing the upset?

Liberty Hill @ Gatesville -- Liberty Hill wins this one easily

We know what's transpired over the last 4 weeks, just looking for some insight as who thinks who will win?

I think odds are:
Brownwood over Llano by 7
Burnet over Lampasas by 10
Liberty Hill over Gatesville by 21

Turin
11-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Let's here from the District 8 folks.

Scenario's loom this Friday as to who will be seeded where and who will survive another week and who will stay home.

Brownwood @ Llano -- Odds of LLano throwing the upset?

Burnet @ Lampasas -- Odds of Lampasas throwing the upset?

Liberty Hill @ Gatesville -- Liberty Hill wins this one easily

We know what's transpired over the last 4 weeks, just looking for some insight as who thinks who will win?

I think odds are:
Brownwood over Llano by 7
Burnet over Lampasas by 10
Liberty Hill over Gatesville by 21

I think Brownwood-Llano is the only game in question because you just dont know which Brownwood team will show up and for how many quarters. One of the BW posters has described it as "Oh look a puppy". When I see BW I see a team with some talent and some boys that are football players (they are aggresive and know the game). On the other hand they appear either over-coached or thinking too much and not just playing.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I think Brownwood-Llano is the only game in question because you just dont know which Brownwood team will show up and for how many quarters. One of the BW posters has described it as "Oh look a puppy". When I see BW I see a team with some talent and some boys that are football players (they are aggresive and know the game). On the other hand they appear either over-coached or thinking too much and not just playing.

Gotcha. That's what I've been hearing from my sources out of the Wood. Inexperience and youth has been a key factor for the inconsistencies for the most part. But, there are a lot of teams that have those adverse conditions as well and still get it together. Look at Celina's woes this season. 7 starters out with a ton of young players starting. Each situation is different. Just curious to hear what others think how this Friday could finish. It's been awfully quite out of the Wood.

Turin
11-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Gotcha. That's what I've been hearing from my sources out of the Wood. Inexperience and youth has been a key factor for the inconsistencies for the most part. But, there are a lot of teams that have those adverse conditions as well and still get it together. Look at Celina's woes this season. 7 starters out with a ton of young players starting. Each situation is different. Just curious to hear what others think how this Friday could finish. It's been awfully quite out of the Wood.

I wonder what the BW people think of this, but it also seems that maybe the schedule has gotten to them. They have played a difficult schedule and with the injuries and suspensions it has been brutal.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 04:46 PM
I wonder what the BW people think of this, but it also seems that maybe the schedule has gotten to them. They have played a difficult schedule and with the injuries and suspensions it has been brutal.

Other than FW All Saints, everyone else should be on the same playing field. The Woods schedule is on the difficult side and District 8 is much tougher overall than District 7 this season. So yeah, I can see how that would be tough to overcome. '

So what's the scoop on Llano this season? Are they a balanced attack, run oriented?

panfan
11-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Other than FW All Saints, everyone else should be on the same playing field. The Woods schedule is on the difficult side and District 8 is much tougher overall than District 7 this season. So yeah, I can see how that would be tough to overcome. '

So what's the scoop on Llano this season? Are they a balanced attack, run oriented?

Typical spread, pass more often than run, but certainly had a big ol back in the backfield that could run when they wanted to. QB was very mobile. The wood will have their hands full with Llano.

hollywood
11-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Typical spread, pass more often than run, but certainly had a big ol back in the backfield that could run when they wanted to. QB was very mobile. The wood will have their hands full with Llano.

Thanks for the insight. This district is really throwing everyone for a loop this season! lol Aside from Liberty Hill, all the others could beat each other on any given night.

Nov. 8 schedule
Liberty Hill @ Gatesville (prediction LH 35-7)
Brownwood @ Llano (prediction BW 49-42) Shot in the dark
Burnet @ Lampasas (prediction BUR 56-35) Shot in the dark

Nov. 1 schedule
Liberty Hill 28, Lampasas 7
Burnet 35, Llano 14
Brownwood 69, Gatesville 33

Oct. 25 Results
Liberty Hill 14, Burnet 7
Llano 37, Gatesville 25
Lampasas 61, Brownwood 56

Oct. 18 Results
Liberty Hill 31, Brownwood 20
Burnet 42, Gatesville 0
Llano 58, Lampasas 57, OT

Oct. 11 Results
Liberty Hill 54, Llano 21
Gatesville 45, Lampasas 27
Brownwood 36, Burnet 31

D'Highlander
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't it still possible for Lampasas to get Stephenville? with a bwood win (3-2) and a lampasas win (2-3)

hollywood
11-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't it still possible for Lampasas to get Stephenville? with a bwood win (3-2) and a lampasas win (2-3)

I think Llano has to beat Brownwood and Lampasas has to beat Burnet for Lampasas to get it.

That would leave the following standings in a 3 way tie...

Brownwood 2-3 (Brownwood in with win over Burnet)
Burnet 2-3 (out with losses to Brownwood and Lampasas)
Lampasas 2-3 (Lampasas in with head to head over Burnet and Brownwood)

DISTRICT 8-3A, OVERALL
TEAM W L PCT. GB W L PCT.

*Liberty Hill 4 0 1.000 - 8 1 .889
Llano 2 2 .500 2 4 5 .444
Burnet 2 2 .500 2 6 3 .667
Brownwood 2 2 .500 2 4 5 .444
Gatesville 1 3 .250 3 3 6 .333
Lampasas 1 3 .250 3 2 7 .222
*Clinched District Championship & playoff spot

D'Highlander
11-07-2013, 12:06 PM
so if...

Llano 2-3
Lampasas 2-3
Burnet 2-3

its probably Burnet and Lampasas depending on points? sending Lampasas to DII?

hollywood
11-07-2013, 12:21 PM
so if...

Llano 2-3
Lampasas 2-3
Burnet 2-3

Pretty much with this scenario.

If standings end in the following...

Liberty Hill 5-0 (more than likely)
Brownwood 3-2 (in with wins over Burnet, Gatesville, Llano)

-3-way tie; teams advance on points-
Burnet 2-3 (tie breaker based on points allowed in loss from Lampasas, beat Gatesville, Llano)
Lampasas 2-3 (tie breaker based on points over Burnet, beat Brownwood)
Llano 2-3 (tie breaker based on Lampasas points over Burnet, beat Gatesville, Lampasas)

Gatesville 1-4 (out)

:vrycnfsd: I think this is right.

Turin
11-07-2013, 12:23 PM
so if...

Llano 2-3
Lampasas 2-3
Burnet 2-3

Here are they relevant scenarios (including GV getting to 2-3). Lampasas is the biggest school in the district and can only go D1.

D'Highlander
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I feel like the slow kid in the class that is holding everyone back... :vrycnfsd:
I messed up with my last post... I thought the lampasas was 3rd in numbers...

so there is no way... LH 5-0, Bwood 3-2, Lampasas 2-3, llano 2-3 make the playoffs with Burnet out?

Turin
11-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I feel like the slow kid in the class that is holding everyone back... :vrycnfsd:
I messed up with my last post... I thought the lampasas was 3rd in numbers...

so there is no way... LH 5-0, Bwood 3-2, Lampasas 2-3, llano 2-3 make the playoffs with Burnet out?

Burnet is out in this scenario:

bwdlionfan
11-08-2013, 10:23 PM
The way the district is playing out tonight who knows what's going to happen... May have 3 upsets in the making right now.

Smitty
11-08-2013, 11:37 PM
With Brownwood losing, Burnet winning and LH winning....does this mean Brownwood draws the Yellowjackets?

BJ Walters
11-08-2013, 11:39 PM
With Brownwood losing, Burnet winning and LH winning....does this mean Brownwood draws the Yellowjackets?

Yep, in Belton