PDA

View Full Version : Orange Grove (8-1) @ Ingleside (7-2)

99IHSMustang
11-02-2013, 06:51 PM
It all comes down to the final game in D30-3A to determine if there will be a three way tie for the DC (Ingleside, Sinton, and OG) or if Ingleside will keep it outright. I believe Ingleside wins by 12. What are your thoughts?

pirate4state
11-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Of course, I would love to see OG win this one, but Ingleside will probably pull out the win at home

99IHSMustang
11-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Of course, I would love to see OG win this one, but Ingleside will probably pull out the win at home

I am glad that it is in Ingleside and we have that as an advantage. OG will be a good measuring stick to see if the Mustangs can put it all together and be ready for the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Of course I want OG to win and I think they can win. Should be a great game no doubt and should help both get ready for the playoffs. Hopefully both stay healthy after a hard fought game.

OG by 6

99IHSMustang
11-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Of course I want OG to win and I think they can win. Should be a great game no doubt and should help both get ready for the playoffs. Hopefully both stay healthy after a hard fought game.

OG by 6

There are going to be some hard hits going on. I hope that both teams come out healthy.

Ranger354
11-02-2013, 08:48 PM
May both teams be injury free...

OG by 3.

panther89
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
OG by 1.

Gonna be a good one!!

99IHSMustang
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
OG by 1.

Gonna be a good one!!

Do your fans travel well?

MustangFootball
11-02-2013, 11:48 PM
This should be a good game, hoping for a Mustang win...... Ingleside will have play a good game with no turnovers. Because OG will definitely capitalize on any mistakes made. OG has struggled in the first half against Robstown and West Oso, but really lit up the scoreboard in the second half..... Ingleside will need to take advantage and put up as many points as possible in the first half and tried to hold on to the lead. OG makes the right adjustment after halftime. This game is going to feel like a playoff game can't wait.

99IHSMustang
11-03-2013, 11:25 AM
This should be a good game, hoping for a Mustang win...... Ingleside will have play a good game with no turnovers. Because OG will definitely capitalize on any mistakes made. OG has struggled in the first half against Robstown and West Oso, but really lit up the scoreboard in the second half..... Ingleside will need to take advantage and put up as many points as possible in the first half and tried to hold on to the lead. OG makes the right adjustment after halftime. This game is going to feel like a playoff game can't wait.

The Ingleside Defense has done well forcing turnovers or getting stops when the Offense has made mistakes. I think the defense has made a TD in every district game this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
OG qb has been coached well, he looks well prepared even under pressure for being a sophomore. Having good receiving corp helps out also. hopefully somebody well update this game as much as possible on Friday here on the downlow.

99IHSMustang
11-03-2013, 03:51 PM
OG qb has been coached well, he looks well prepared even under pressure for being a sophomore. Having good receiving corp helps out also. hopefully somebody well update this game as much as possible on Friday here on the downlow.

From the stats he has put up, I agree. Ingleside will need to contain him and not play soft to the pass on Defense. He has some WR's that can make big plays. I believe the Caller-Times will have score by score updates. I will be at the game and try to post as well.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2013, 04:00 PM
From the stats he has put up, I agree. Ingleside will need to contain him and not play soft to the pass on Defense. He has some WR's that can make big plays. I believe the Caller-Times will have score by score updates. I will be at the game and try to post as well.yea whenever you can post would be great. OG lacks a running game other than the qb running with it so they will air it out.

PhiI C
11-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Ingleside wins at home 28 to 21.

MUSTANG69
11-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Ingleside's bend but don't break pass defense has worked so far in district but I'm not sure that is going to work against OG. Ingleside's offense will have to score some points to win this one. Ingleside wins by 7.

MustangFootball
11-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Ingleside will have to play a clean game with no turnovers. One place we've struggled all season long is at WR, these guys are going to need to catch everything thrown their way. Also Jalen needs to have a big night on the ground. Ingleside is used to having a high powered offense this year not so much, they definitely have the skill players they are just having a hard time gelling....The defense is going to need to step up in this game.

I can't wait for this game!!!!!:1popcorn::1popcorn:

MUSTANG69
11-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Ingleside needs to get a good lead early. The big play ability is not as good as in the past so we do not need to try to play catch up ball. Friday needs to get here. I'll be nervous as a bad girl in church all week.

99IHSMustang
11-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Ingleside needs to get a good lead early. The big play ability is not as good as in the past so we do not need to try to play catch up ball. Friday needs to get here. I'll be nervous as a bad girl in church all week.

haha. The defense has the capability to make some big plays. I think we will see some on Friday.

MUSTANG69
11-03-2013, 09:19 PM
haha. The defense has the capability to make some big plays. I think we will see some on Friday.

I sure hope you are right. If Britt has a game like he had in R-F the OG QB will be in for a long night.

99IHSMustang
11-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I sure hope you are right. If Britt has a game like he had in R-F the OG QB will be in for a long night.

If you think about it the Defense has been pretty consistent when it comes to making big plays. I would like to see them play OG receivers much tighter since it looks like they are going to be passing a majority of the time.

MUSTANG69
11-03-2013, 09:37 PM
If you think about it the Defense has been pretty consistent when it comes to making big plays. I would like to see them play OG receivers much tighter since it looks like they are going to be passing a majority of the time.

I'll second that.

dogfan
11-04-2013, 11:25 AM
i think if orange grove shows up to play this will be a very good game to watch and i can tell you this coach bomer will have those kids coached up they will just have to go out and do it now

panther89
11-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Do your fans travel well?

Yes, pretty well from what I have seen. It's my first year here, but the stands are usually pretty full.

panther89
11-04-2013, 12:07 PM

I'll be at the game. I will try to keep 3ADL updated.

cboycansurvive
11-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Ingleside will have to play a clean game with no turnovers. One place we've struggled all season long is at WR, these guys are going to need to catch everything thrown their way. Also Jalen needs to have a big night on the ground. Ingleside is used to having a high powered offense this year not so much, they definitely have the skill players they are just having a hard time gelling....The defense is going to need to step up in this game.

I can't wait for this game!!!!!:1popcorn::1popcorn:

Ingleside's scored more points and have more yards per game average this year in district than last year. We have scored 43.5 in district this year per game and at the same time last year through 4 district games 40.75. I guess we need to average 50. We had numerous takeaways and returns for touchdowns last year as well.

99IHSMustang
11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Ingleside's scored more points and have more yards per game average this year in district than last year. We have scored 43.5 in district this year per game and at the same time last year through 4 district games 40.75. I guess we need to average 50. We had numerous takeaways and returns for touchdowns last year as well.

Thanks for pointing that out.

99IHSMustang
11-04-2013, 02:20 PM

Do you happen to have the turnvover difference from this year to last?

cboycansurvive
11-04-2013, 03:19 PM

We have allowed 66 points in district this year compared 28 at the same time last year. Here were last years scores, Sinton 34-14, West-Oso 41-7, Robstown 48-7,
Rockport 41-0. Here are this years scores Sinton 35-23, West Oso 54-0 (running clock 2nd half), Robstown 40-22, Rockport 45-21.

99IHSMustang
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM
We have allowed 66 points in district this year compared 28 at the same time last year. Here were last years scores, Sinton 34-14, West-Oso 41-7, Robstown 48-7,
Rockport 41-0. Here are this years scores Sinton 35-23, West Oso 54-0 (running clock 2nd half), Robstown 40-22, Rockport 45-21.

I assume the offensive turnover stats are not available. West Oso scored 7 on us. Still, allowing 18 points a game is not bad at all.

cboycansurvive
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Turnovers last year in district we forced 16 in district and had 8. This year we have forced 7 and have 5 with one game remaining.

99IHSMustang
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Turnovers last year in district we forced 16 in district and had 8. This year we have forced 7 and have 5 with one game remaining.

Wow, I thought we had already forced more turnovers on defense in district this year. I thought the same with offensive turnovers. Interesting.

dogfan
11-05-2013, 10:06 AM
turnovers can hurt any team i think if both teams hold on to the ball and keep the penalties down this should be a very good game to watch .

MustangFootball
11-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Almost Friday!!!!!:1popcorn:🏈

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Almost Friday!!!!!:1popcorn:��

stop eating that popcorn lol!!

I remember back in 2006 OG/Ingleside game was a classic in a back and forth game as they battle for a district title also that season. I think it's going to be one of those type of games.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 12:10 PM
So what's up with this lil' snippet I saw about one of the two D30 D2 reps apparently considering "throwing" a game in order to get the #2 seed and avoid possibly playing Port Isabel in the 2nd round?

pirate4state
11-06-2013, 12:14 PM
So what's up with this lil' snippet I saw about one of the two D30 D2 reps apparently considering "throwing" a game in order to get the #2 seed and avoid possibly playing Port Isabel in the 2nd round?

This ranks right up there with "they played ineligible players" after a playoff loss....

MUSTANG69
11-06-2013, 12:18 PM
stop eating that popcorn lol!!

I remember back in 2006 OG/Ingleside game was a classic in a back and forth game as they battle for a district title also that season. I think it's going to be one of those type of games.

That was one of the best if not the best football games I have seen. Ingleside pulled off the win but it was up in the air until the end. I've been on blood pressure medicine since then.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 12:33 PM
This ranks right up there with "they played ineligible players" after a playoff loss....

What? Who?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2013, 12:35 PM

LOL so where is this news clipping so it can be posted and not the what somebody heard or they said.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 12:36 PM
LOL so where is this news clipping so it can be posted and not the what somebody heard or they said.

Let me find it for you. Give me a few.

Here it is.

http://www.rgvsports.com/prepsports/football/article_ffd68226-46a0-11e3-b791-0019bb30f31a.html

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Let me find it for you. Give me a few.

actual report not what somebody else heard.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 12:42 PM
actual report not what somebody else heard.

Don't be all mad. And it's an actual "report" in an article about the RGV 3A teams. It's not "chisme"

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Here's the report in case you didn't see the link edited into the other post.

http://www.rgvsports.com/prepsports/football/article_ffd68226-46a0-11e3-b791-0019bb30f31a.html

panther89
11-06-2013, 12:44 PM
"An anonymous Coastal Bend football coach told....."

By the way, isn't OG the number two seed in D2 no matter what happens this Friday? Just wondering.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 12:44 PM
And here's a copy/paste job of the article.

Home Prepsports
Football

Sub-4A notes: Red Ants have high hopes of making playoffs
Story
Comments
Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:10 pm | Updated: 12:10 am, Wed Nov 6, 2013.

Steven Ryan | Valley Morning Star

The last time Progreso made the playoffs, George Bush Sr. was president, the University of Texas still played in the old Southwest Conference and Eminem was nothing more than a high-school dropout with a potty mouth.

Yep, 1990 was an interesting time, and Progreso (3-6 overall, 0-3 in District 32-3A) will be looking to turn back the clock and end Valley’s sec-ond longest active playoff drought when it visits Rio Hondo on Friday.

“I’ve been at Progreso for seven years and this is the first time we’ve been in this situation,” said Progreso head coach Tom Salazar. “Nor-mally by this time of year, the kids have checked it in because there’s no hope for anything.

“But practice is going well, kids are high-spirited. They see what’s in front of them and they want to take it.”

Here’s the scenario for Progreso: If the Red Ants beat Rio Hondo and La Feria beats Hidalgo, they’re in. If the Red Ants beat Rio Hondo by at least 17 points and La Feria loses to Hidalgo, they’re in. If they lose to Rio Hondo, or win by less then 17 with a La Feria loss, it’s all over.

“Progreso has some great kids and I just love them to death,” Salazar said, “and I just want them to have a chance at experiencing what it’s like to make the playoffs.”

On the other end of the table, Rio Hondo (3-6, 1-2) wants to avoid missing the playoffs for the second straight year. Head coach Rocky James was 6-for-6 at making the second season prior to 2012. If the Bobcats fail to make it this year, it would be a major disappointment for a com-munity that’s used to winning on the gridiron.

“We have to go to this playoffs. We have to,” James said. “The pressure is on us.”

James is 7-0 all-time versus Progreso. The Bobcats have won those seven games by an average of almost 35 points.

James said that undefeated record doesn’t mean much, however. James was undefeated against Hidalgo before losing to them 20-12 a few weeks ago. He was also perfect against La Feria before the Lions pulled off a 28-21 upset a year ago.

GOING FOR THE RING: Grulla will lock up a share of its first district title in school history if it knocks off defending league champion Kings-ville King (7-2 overall, 3-0 in District 31-3A) Friday at home. But winning that game will be a tall order.

The Brahmas are a perfect 7-0 in district play since dropping down from 4A to 3A in 2012. All seven of those wins have come by 14 points or more. Last year, Grulla didn’t put up much of a fight in a 42-7 loss at Kingsville.

The Brahmas are lead by their suffocating defense that’s first in the district in yards allowed (280) and is fractions of a point behind Grulla in points allowed (20).

“They have very few weak spots defensively,” said Grulla coach Abel Gonzalez II. “They’re have size. They have speed. They’re athletic. That can be tough to deal with for an offense.”

Gonzalez thinks it’ll be paramount that they keep an eye on DE/OLB Justin Wickham, who like Port Isabel’s Jacques Guillot, is quick coming off the edge and will likely be playing somewhere on Saturdays next fall.

“He’s a very good football player. He’s got really good size (6’3”, 200 pounds) and he can run,” Gonzalez said. “They move him around a lot, too. He’s an outside linebacker, but then he’ll play the defensive end position, and then he’ll play both the left and the right side.

“You got to kind of find him (pre-play).”

The Gators (7-2, 2-1) ended a two-game road losing streak last week in a 33-26 win at Zapata.

TRUE RESPECT: If fear equates to respect on the gridiron, then one Corpus Christi-area coach has tremendous respect for No. 9-state ranked Port Isabel.

An anonymous Coastal Bend football coach told the Corpus Christi-Caller Times that he is hoping to get the No. 2 seed in his district so his team won’t have to play Port Isabel in the area round.

Now THAT’S respect.

DID YOU KNOW?: That Lyford quarterback Scot Arnold has only nine fingers?

When Arnold was in sixth grade, he was fishing in the ocean with teammate Andres Infante. The blood from the bait attracted sharks, and a baby bull shark came up and bit his pinkie off.

Arnold’s pinkie on his non-throwing hand is nothing more than a stub.

“Luckily, it wasn’t on my throwing hand,” Arnold said with a laugh.

panther89
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I believe that OG will be the number 2 seed no matter what happens Friday, right?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Don't be all mad. And it's an actual "report" in an article about the RGV 3A teams. It's not "chisme"lol mad? It's much more acceptable if it's in print as the link you provided shows. Some good stuff.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2013, 12:50 PM
I believe that OG will be the number 2 seed no matter what happens Friday, right?

yes should be, it would take a Sinton loss to Robstown to change that, very unlikely even if we rested some players.

MUSTANG69
11-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Here's the report in case you didn't see the link edited into the other post.

I don't read that as throwing a game. Probably means an OG win against Ingleside and a Sinton loss to Robstown.

pirate4state
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM
What? Who?

In regards to your original post...you know the old excuse of "we lost because they used ineligible players" that gets tossed around after a playoff loss? Like that...

If any coach said that and actually meant it -- I have a hard time believing it...even after the link to the article :rolleyes:

BUT if it was said, it would seem that Port Isabel is finally getting the respect you are always asking about, so what's the big deal?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure what to think of it. To me it seems kind of lame to do something like that instead of playing your best every game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure what to think of it. To me it seems kind of lame to do something like that instead of playing your best every game.It doesn't mean the coach was throwing a game, that's the lame part it if you think that's what he's saying. It most likely a assistant coach that's up in the pressbox with a sportswriter and they mention that a no.2 seed would be better when you look at the brackets of the second round.

As a team neither Orange Grove and Sinton played to lose their games this past week, Sinton won 52-0 and held West Oso to their lowest total of the season (not sure on the stat yet, waiting for the Sinton paper to get here from Sinton this evening). Lol imagine if Sinton wasn't trying to throw the game.

if you want to continue this, post it in the season scores, this is hijacking this thread.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
It doesn't mean the coach was throwing a game, that's the lame part it if you think that's what he's saying. It most likely a assistant coach that's up in the pressbox with a sportswriter and they mention that a no.2 seed would be better when you look at the brackets of the second round.

As a team neither Orange Grove and Sinton played to lose their games this past week, Sinton won 52-0 and held West Oso to their lowest total of the season (not sure on the stat yet, waiting for the Sinton paper to get here from Sinton this evening). Lol imagine if Sinton wasn't trying to throw the game.

if you want to continue this, post it in the season scores, this is hijacking this thread.

Sorry about the hijack. I saw this thread first and posted in here. I saw the other thread after the fact. My bad!

MustangFootball
11-07-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm not sure what to think of it. To me it seems kind of lame to do something like that instead of playing your best every game.

I can assure you one thing, it sure wasn't Ingleside....the only way Ingleside would play Port Isabel is if PI went D1. I don't think Sinton or OG would throw a game, with the district title still up for grabs. Sounds like someone was looking to write a good story. Honestly I would like to see Ingleside play PI, the way kingsville been rolling, I think the Mustangs might have their hands full, even after beating them in the scrimmage 4-1 the Brahmas are on another level. Ingleside handle them last year quiet easily in the second round, this year could be a tougher task. But right now all the focus should be OG then the first round opponent whoever that may be.... Possibly Carrizo Springs.

Bull Butter
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
I'd like to see OG win. but I think Ingleside takes it

99IHSMustang
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
1 more day

MUSTANG69
11-07-2013, 05:21 PM
1 more day

I'm sure glad I'm going to be real busy tomorrow. If not, I would drive me and the other employees crazy.

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Gameday!!! Good luck tonight Mustangs.

MustangFootball
11-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Just one hour before I head up to the field.... Can't wait for this game to start, as my vacation winds down its been a pretty good day... I went to play golf this morning, came back washed my truck now I'm relaxing waiting on the game to start.
Go Mustangs!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Good luck to both

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 08:35 PM
OG wins toss and chooses to receive. Ingle will have ball to start second half.

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 08:55 PM
OG scores on a 28 yd td pass. OG 6 Ingleside 0

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 09:08 PM
OG throws 70 yd pass and scores TD

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 09:08 PM
OG 12 Ingleside 0

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Ingleside scores TD. Xp made. Ingleside 7 OG 12

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Ingleside picks off OG qb

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Sinton Handson ankle injury out of the game and soph Cohea comes in and scores on 32 yd qb keeper. Next drive Cohea gets the Pirates to Robstown 2 yd line and injures his hand. 3rd string comes in a fumble.

SINTON 28 Robstown 0 2nd qtr

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 09:36 PM
OG scores on a 4 yd pass td. Xp good. OG 19 Ingleside 19

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Ingleside scores on 25 yd run. Xp good. Ingleside 14 OG 19

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Halftime: OG 19 Ingleside 14

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Halftime: OG 19 Ingleside 14 good game. Tks for updates

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Sinton Handson ankle injury out of the game and soph Cohea comes in and scores on 32 yd qb keeper. Next drive Cohea gets the Pirates to Robstown 2 yd line and injures his hand. 3rd string comes in a fumble.

SINTON 28 Robstown 0 2nd qtr

I hope he is ok.

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 10:03 PM
good game. Tks for updates

Yeah no problem. OG QB is great. Boy he can sling the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I hope he is ok.
He's been limping. 4th string qb in for Sinton. SINTON 34 Robstown 0 as Sinton scores in the opening drive of 3rd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah no problem. OG QB is great. Boy he can sling the ball.

Yep.

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 10:33 PM
OG scores. Xp made. OG 26 Ingleside 14

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Ingleside scores TD. Xp made. OG 26. Ingleside 21

Ranger354
11-08-2013, 10:51 PM
How much time left in the OG game?

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 10:54 PM
End of 3rd. OG 26 Ingleside 21

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 11:04 PM
OG scores. Xp made. OG 32 Ingleside 21. 9 mins left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM
OG scores. Xp made. OG 32 Ingleside 21. 9 mins leftplenty of time stilll left

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Ingleside scores. Xp made. Ingleside 28 OG 33. 602 left

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 11:22 PM
OG scores pretty quickly. Xp made. OG 40 Ingleside 28

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Ingleside scores and xp made. Ingleside 35 OG 40. 333 left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 11:38 PM
update?

99IHSMustang
11-08-2013, 11:41 PM
OG 40 Ingleside 35 . Final

Ranger354
11-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Alright!!!!!! Way to go Grove!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2013, 11:44 PM
OG 40 Ingleside 35 . Final

Great game, should help both teams in the playoffs. LETS GO District 30! represent well in the playoffs.

99IHSMustang
11-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Congrats go out to the Bulldogs. QB was very good. Ingleside turned the ball over 1 too many times and that is the way you lose a game to a good team.

PhiI C
11-09-2013, 04:42 PM
QUOTE=99IHSMustang;1779978]Congrats go out to the Bulldogs. QB was very good. Ingleside turned the ball over 1 too many times and that is the way you lose a game to a good team.[/QUOTE]

I saw the highlights 99 and the one that really hurt was when the Ingleside RB tried to hold the ball over the goal line and it got knocked out of his hand and rolled OOB over the goal line for a tb. I have seen several games lost because of this. Unless it is a 4th down or time is running out it is probably better to hold the ball securely than take the risk.

99IHSMustang
11-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I saw the highlights 99 and the one that really hurt was when the Ingleside RB tried to hold the ball over the goal line and it got knocked out of his hand and rolled OOB over the goal line for a tb. I have seen several games lost because of this. Unless it is a 4th down or time is running out it is probably better to hold the ball securely than take the risk.

Very true Phil. I believe it was one of Ingleside's WR's and not the RB. That surely was a momentum killer and shifted the game into OG's favor. It still was a hard fought game by both teams.