PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 GOTW: Gilmer (9-0, 5-0) @ Kilgore (8-0, 5-0)

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2013, 01:32 PM
This week is so big in Region 2 they get Double the Love

adoptedbuckeye
11-02-2013, 01:36 PM
This week is so big in Region 2 they get Double the Love
Awesome! I can't wait for Friday, this is going to be a really long week at work. (I live in Gilmer and work in Kilgore so I get it from both sides!) I don't think it will be like last year. I see this game being fast-paced, hard-hitting, and high scoring from both teams.

Aggie98
11-02-2013, 01:58 PM
So, how's Gilmer looking this year?

Lol.

movethechain
11-02-2013, 02:33 PM
So, how's Gilmer looking this year?

Lol.

Aww, you know, about the same as Kilgore. Lol.

regaleagle
11-02-2013, 03:11 PM
HaHa, you guys know what's gonna happen. It's gonna be a knock-down drag out game to the finish. Kilgore is much better this season just like Gilmer and Argyle. These 3 schools are really good football teams. Whichever team makes the least mistakes will win....it's that kind of thing. I just don't see either team being able to dominate the other here. The strength of one team is negated by the other, etc. Different styles maybe....but well-coached athletic squads that are very familiar with each other and a history of playing each other. Will the TOP by Kilgore be able to cause problems for the very quick, multi-talented Buckeyes? Can Kilgore's D hold enough times to keep this game low scoring? OR can Kilgore play the fast pace high scoring game against the Buckeyes the whole game? They did against Henderson, but not so much against Chapel Hill. But Gilmer did not totally dominate Chapel Hill either. This game will probably end up in the mid-thirties in scoring for both teams, with the winning margin being a TD or less, imo.

adoptedbuckeye
11-02-2013, 07:01 PM
HaHa, you guys know what's gonna happen. It's gonna be a knock-down drag out game to the finish. Kilgore is much better this season just like Gilmer and Argyle. These 3 schools are really good football teams. Whichever team makes the least mistakes will win....it's that kind of thing. I just don't see either team being able to dominate the other here. The strength of one team is negated by the other, etc. Different styles maybe....but well-coached athletic squads that are very familiar with each other and a history of playing each other. Will the TOP by Kilgore be able to cause problems for the very quick, multi-talented Buckeyes? Can Kilgore's D hold enough times to keep this game low scoring? OR can Kilgore play the fast pace high scoring game against the Buckeyes the whole game? They did against Henderson, but not so much against Chapel Hill. But Gilmer did not totally dominate Chapel Hill either. This game will probably end up in the mid-thirties in scoring for both teams, with the winning margin being a TD or less, imo.

I have a respect for Kilgore's tough defense, but I think they will break from the Buckeyes' offensive onslaught and fast pace. I think in the 4th quarter the offenses will break loose and light up the board.

Pawdaddy
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I can see Kilgore holding Gilmer below their season average in scoring. So, that should make it about a 30 point win for the Buckeyes. If Kilgore is wise, they will not show all their cards and save it for the playoffs where they will not have to face the Buckeyes again. Buckeyes will roll. Mark it down.

Aggie98
11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I have a respect for Kilgore's tough defense, but I think they will break from the Buckeyes' offensive onslaught and fast pace. I think in the 4th quarter the offenses will break loose and light up the board.

Both defenses will definitely have their hands full.

Aggie98
11-02-2013, 10:09 PM
I can see Kilgore holding Gilmer below their season average in scoring. So, that should make it about a 30 point win for the Buckeyes. If Kilgore is wise, they will not show all their cards and save it for the playoffs where they will not have to face the Buckeyes again. Buckeyes will roll. Mark it down.

I think we'll go ahead and play for the win. Aren't you the one that said Chapel Hill would beat us by 2 TD's?

regaleagle
11-02-2013, 11:50 PM
When a team is rolling, playing it close to the vest for later games is not a good idea. Best to keep the team firing on all cylinders against a tough opponent and give it the best shot you can. A loss could break up the team confidence if the players hold back or play differently than they are accustomed of playing. Injuries can and will happen at anytime in any game, so that threat is ever-present in football, regardless. I think Kilgore will prove to be a very worthy opponent for the Top-rated team in 3A this season....but I haven't seen either team play. Just going on what I've read and learned from sources available. I do know that home field advantage is a plus normally.

adoptedbuckeye
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
When a team is rolling, playing it close to the vest for later games is not a good idea. Best to keep the team firing on all cylinders against a tough opponent and give it the best shot you can. A loss could break up the team confidence if the players hold back or play differently than they are accustomed of playing. Injuries can and will happen at anytime in any game, so that threat is ever-present in football, regardless. I think Kilgore will prove to be a very worthy opponent for the Top-rated team in 3A this season....but I haven't seen either team play. Just going on what I've read and learned from sources available. I do know that home field advantage is a plus normally.

I think this is a good way to go into the playoffs for both teams because suddenly the level of competition is much higher than it has been all season. This game can set the bar for both teams' expectations for themselves to play to their full potential and find things to improve on for the playoffs. Gilmer generally hasn't had problems playing away from home, and I know fans from both sides will be out in full force. Gilmer's side usually fills up well before the home side no matter where we go because that Army of Buckeyes is crazy about getting their good seats!

While this is definitely the toughest game of the season so far for both, I think whoever gets Argyle in the playoffs will have the toughest time of it. Like I said, this is good preparation because of the competition level being so much better than everything both teams have seen all year. I hope the Buckeyes can outlast Kilgore and pull it through.

Buckeye1980
11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Born and raised in Gilmer, live in Kilgore now, so I can't lose. I will be on Kilgore side (for my sons who go to school there) but my blood is Buckeye blood, that will never change. There will be no loser in this game and I believe both teams will end up state champions.

poisoned10
11-03-2013, 05:38 PM
I've seen Gilmer play every game this season except for against Spring Hill. So I know just how dominant they can be and how sloppy they can look at times. Gilmer's defense doesn't get much respect because of the points they allow. But it's because of how quickly Gilmer's offense is ran, it allows opposing offenses to touch the ball more than against a team like Kilgore who runs a much slower paced offense. If you were to break down points allowed per possession, I would be willing to bet that Gilmer's numbers would be right there towards the top of that list.

The reason I missed the Spring Hill game was to watch the Kilgore-Chapel Hill game. I was impressed with the speed of Kilgore. Very seldom did Chapel Hill get to the edge and they aren't slow by any means. But, Andrew Black was able to pick apart the Kilgore secondary and put up his highest passing yardage of the season which was a little over 300 yards. Gilmer is a better passing team than Chapel Hill and the way Kilgore can defend against the run, Gilmer may have to do it more than they would like.

I don't think it will be quite as dramatic as last year's game, but I do believe Gilmer will still come out on top by 2-TD's. Gilmer is very good at preparing for big games like this and are usually at their best in this kind of game.

hollywood
11-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Ill be at this game. We'll see two great 3A teams battle not only for the Dictrict Championship but for the bragging rights of who's the BEAST from the EAST. The District of Doom Champ. It'll also be a chance for me to see up close and in person what's coming into Div I and Div II for the playoffs.

Gilmer by 15 is my pick.

Gilmer 35
Kilgore 20

buckeyebob
11-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Ill be at this game. We'll see two great 3A teams battle not only for the Dictrict Championship but for the bragging rights of who's the BEAST from the EAST. The District of Doom Champ. It'll also be a chance for me to see up close and in person what's coming into Div I and Div II for the playoffs.

Gilmer by 15 is my pick.

Gilmer 35
Kilgore 20

So it is said...

lostaussie
11-03-2013, 08:59 PM

Gilmer by 15 is my pick.

Gilmer 35
Kilgore 20You are wasting your gas money........ it won't be that close.

hollywood
11-03-2013, 10:24 PM
You are wasting your gas money........ it won't be that close.

:eek:

:1popcorn:

garciap77
11-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Gilmer by 65.

waterboy
11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Gilmer by 65.

:eek::eek: Wow! As much as I would absolutely love to see that... It sure would be easier on us old folks' hearts if it was!

I do think Gilmer is about 2 TDs better than Kilgore, but with the Bulldogs having home field advantage, will it make up that much of a difference? Gilmer actually seems to play a little more focused on the road, and are very good at big game situations, so I don't think the home field will make up the difference.

It's time for the Black Flag DEFENSE to show what they can do. They will have to match physical with physical, mano a mano, wrap up, and stay disciplined.

The offense just needs to take what the defense gives them, and force their will on the Kilgore defense. They will have to be more physical that Kilgore's defense.

The District of Doom championship is on the line. It will be a playoff atmosphere, and it is time to show what you got.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 09:16 AM
:eek::eek: Wow! As much as I would absolutely love to see that... It sure would be easier on us old folks' hearts if it was!

I do think Gilmer is about 2 TDs better than Kilgore, but with the Bulldogs having home field advantage, will it make up that much of a difference? Gilmer actually seems to play a little more focused on the road, and are very good at big game situations, so I don't think the home field will make up the difference.

It's time for the Black Flag DEFENSE to show what they can do. They will have to match physical with physical, mano a mano, wrap up, and stay disciplined.

The offense just needs to take what the defense gives them, and force their will on the Kilgore defense. They will have to be more physical that Kilgore's defense.

The District of Doom championship is on the line. It will be a playoff atmosphere, and it is time to show what you got.

I'm hoping for a good game. Kilgore will be the best team Gilmer will play so far this season.

And defense doesn't always win championships waterboy! Just referencing your sig. You have to outscore the opponents defense to win. Even in a championship game. ;)

waterboy
11-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm hoping for a good game. Kilgore will be the best team Gilmer will play so far this season.

And defense doesn't always win championships waterboy! Just referencing your sig. You have to outscore the opponents defense to win. Even in a championship game. ;)

You have to have a "decent" defense to win. No offense is completely unstoppable, no matter how good they are. The defense will have to make at least one or two stops no matter how good your offense is. The perfect scenario is to have an unstoppable offense combined with a shutdown defense, ala '83 Daingerfield.

Kids nowadays don't understand, or don't believe me, when I say there was a time when defenses would hold opponents to negative yardage, single, or even double-digit yardage. It's all about offense nowadays. I still believe in DEFENSE!

Yes, Kilgore will be the best team Gilmer has faced this year, BUT Gilmer will by far be the best team Kilgore has faced this year, too.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
You have to have a "decent" defense to win. No offense is completely unstoppable, no matter how good they are. The defense will have to make at least one or two stops no matter how good your offense is. The perfect scenario is to have an unstoppable offense combined with a shutdown defense, ala '83 Daingerfield.

Kids nowadays don't understand, or don't believe me, when I say there was a time when defenses would hold opponents to negative yardage, single, or even double-digit yardage. It's all about offense nowadays. I still believe in DEFENSE!

Yes, Kilgore will be the best team Gilmer has faced this year, BUT Gilmer will by far be the best team Kilgore has faced this year, too.

I agree that defense USED to be the key. Don't get me wrong. Defense is still very important. But in todays game, you can't just rely on defense to win championships. Years ago, offenses were not as explosive, complex or dynamic as they are now. I agree you have to have a solid defense and that the best case would be an unstoppable offense with a shut down defense. But it doesn't have to be shut down if your offense can't be stopped. Last years Stephenville team proved that. They had a solid defense good enough to make 2-3 stops during a game against very good teams. Then score on almost every offensive possession. I'm a believer that an offense can become a teams best defense if the other team cannot keep up with the tempo and rate of scoring. It puts so much pressure on the other team and generally gets them out of their comfort zone. It's fun to watch. ;)

I played both offense and defense... I love both.

regaleagle
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I disagree with you Hollywood. I think a great defense is exactly what it takes to shut down an electric offense. Defense makes ALL the difference when two heavyweights meet on the Gridiron of Glory. The team that puts the most points on the board is the winner.....if their defense can give them the ball. Then there's turnovers and penalties that will come into play in a big game.....that's always another factor to consider. My thinking is a very good ball control team that likes to pound the defense and has a history of great success doing that is the perfect formula for negating an electric offense....esp. when that team just so happens to have a great defense as well. These two factors combined into one team will make Kilgore a very formidable opponent for Gilmer, or any other team for that matter. If Gilmer's defense is not up to the task of stopping Kilgore's ground-pounding attack, and the game goes fast, this one will be very close. I think Kilgore's D will be ready for the Gilmer offensive juggernaut, but we shall see. If Kilgore can make some stops defensively and cause Gilmer to punt or turn the ball over on downs.....then look out. There's just a lot of things that could happen in this game that could make a difference in the final outcome. That's because these two teams are simply very, very quality football teams, and very capable on both sides of the ball. In the end, I suspect it will be a big defensive play that will be the difference-maker in this game....not an offensive one. But that's sheer conjecture on my part. I believe great defenses make the difference in big games.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I disagree with you Hollywood. I think a great defense is exactly what it takes to shut down an electric offense. Defense makes ALL the difference when two heavyweights meet on the Gridiron of Glory. The team that puts the most points on the board is the winner.....if their defense can give them the ball. Then there's turnovers and penalties that will come into play in a big game.....that's always another factor to consider. My thinking is a very good ball control team that likes to pound the defense and has a history of great success doing that is the perfect formula for negating an electric offense....esp. when that team just so happens to have a great defense as well. These two factors combined into one team will make Kilgore a very formidable opponent for Gilmer, or any other team for that matter. If Gilmer's defense is not up to the task of stopping Kilgore's ground-pounding attack, and the game goes fast, this one will be very close. I think Kilgore's D will be ready for the Gilmer offensive juggernaut, but we shall see. If Kilgore can make some stops defensively and cause Gilmer to punt or turn the ball over on downs.....then look out. There's just a lot of things that could happen in this game that could make a difference in the final outcome. That's because these two teams are simply very, very quality football teams, and very capable on both sides of the ball. In the end, I suspect it will be a big defensive play that will be the difference-maker in this game....not an offensive one. But that's sheer conjecture on my part. I believe great defenses make the difference in big games.

Just because we don't agree, doesn't mean it doesn't work regal. You have a lot of ifs ands and buts. Just for reference, last season we all heard how great the Kilgore defense was. Stephenville put 42 points on them. The most they allowed in a game before that was against Gilmer where they scored 20. Same with El Campo's defense. Carthage only managed 25 points against El Campo who had been putting up big numbers all season. Columbus was the only other team to score more than 26 points on them and they scored 32. Stephenville scored 70. You just have to think about the Briles scheme and how it works. It's not designed to ignore the defense, it's designed to score every touch of the ball. It exposes even the best defenses weaknesses... and at a fast tempo.

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Anybody that thinks ether team will win by 2 tds has lost their minds, this will be one heck of a slobber knocker and 1 or 2 points will decide the game. Ya'll keep thinking Kilgore can't score with the Buckeyes and you will be in for a big surprise. Everybody in Texas knows what Gilmer does and that is score 100 on everybody. Kilgore plays a different type of ball game. They will slow this game down, I just hope both teams come out without injuries. Big possibility both could be state champs, well except for the D1 side that belongs to my Dawgs, C Dawgs that is. I will have to watch this game, seeing how my Dawgs are warming up for a run to the ship.

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Just because we don't agree, doesn't mean it doesn't work regal. You have a lot of ifs ands and buts. Just for reference, last season we all heard how great the Kilgore defense was. Stephenville put 42 points on them. The most they allowed in a game before that was against Gilmer where they scored 20. Same with El Campo's defense. Carthage only managed 25 points against El Campo who had been putting up big numbers all season. Columbus was the only other team to score more than 26 points on them and they scored 32. Stephenville scored 70. You just have to think about the Briles scheme and how it works. It's not designed to ignore the defense, it's designed to score every touch of the ball. It exposes even the best defenses weaknesses... and at a fast tempo.

Mr. Ville that was last year, Yall lost a lot of big time weapons. You are still one of the best 4 teams in Texas 3A, but no where near as good as last year. You were freaks last year, not this year.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Mr. Ville that was last year, Yall lost a lot of big time weapons. You are still one of the best 4 teams in Texas 3A, but no where near as good as last year. You were freaks last year, not this year.

Oh really? Have you seen any of the Ville's games this year? Actually this years team is more balanced than last years team but just as explosive offensively. Keep telling yourself that Mr. Dawg. You may just get your wish to finally meet. I hope the Dawgs can make it this year. The Ville will most likely be there again if they take care of business. I'll let you know how Kilgore ranks this year versus last years team after Friday. I already know where the Ville is. ;)

adoptedbuckeye
11-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Anyone know what time Kilgore's gates usually open?

hollywood
11-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Anyone know what time Kilgore's gates usually open?

Usually, most gates open 1.5 to 2 hours before kickoff. 5:30-6:00?

Should I have someone from Gilmer get me tickets before Friday?

lostaussie
11-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Anybody that thinks ether team will win by 2 tds has lost their minds, this will be one heck of a slobber knocker and 1 or 2 points will decide the game. Ya'll keep thinking Kilgore can't score with the Buckeyes and you will be in for a big surprise. Everybody in Texas knows what Gilmer does and that is score 100 on everybody. Kilgore plays a different type of ball game. They will slow this game down, I just hope both teams come out without injuries. Big possibility both could be state champs, well except for the D1 side that belongs to my Dawgs, C Dawgs that is. I will have to watch this game, seeing how my Dawgs are warming up for a run to the ship.as usual, you know nothing of what you speak.

waterboy
11-05-2013, 09:23 AM

I would if I were you. Kilgore has already sold out their allotment of tickets. They are adding temporary seating on the south end of the stadium, but it won't hold much. I'm pretty sure Gilmer will sell all of their allotment of tickets, too. It will definitely be packed.

adoptedbuckeye
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM

How many do you need? We just bought ours but I can get more if you want. I'll be at the stadium before 5:30

hollywood
11-05-2013, 09:52 AM
I would if I were you. Kilgore has already sold out their allotment of tickets. They are adding temporary seating on the south end of the stadium, but it won't hold much. I'm pretty sure Gilmer will sell all of their allotment of tickets, too. It will definitely be packed.

Just spoke with Kilgore ISD athletics. Gates open at 6:00. They will sell tickets there. They said there's not a limit on tickets unless the fire code capacity becomes an issue. More than likely not. But, it will be a packed DAWG house!

hollywood
11-05-2013, 09:56 AM
How many do you need? We just bought ours but I can get more if you want. I'll be at the stadium before 5:30

Awesome! Let me confirm with buckeyebob. I sent him an email. I'll let you know for sure. I'll need 4-5 minimum.

Plan is to be in Kilgore by 4:00, eat at Country Tavern, then head to the stadium by 5:30.

adoptedbuckeye
11-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Awesome! Let me confirm with buckeyebob. I sent him an email. I'll let you know for sure. I'll need 4-5 minimum.

Plan is to be in Kilgore by 4:00, eat at Country Tavern, then head to the stadium by 5:30.

Ok sounds good just let me know

hollywood
11-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Ok sounds good just let me know

buckeyebob's got it covered.

Maybe we'll see ya there.

adoptedbuckeye
11-05-2013, 12:24 PM
buckeyebob's got it covered.

Maybe we'll see ya there.

Awesome! Prepare yourself...buckeyebob is loud! Lol but at this game I fully expect to lose my voice anyway. Hope to see you there :)

hollywood
11-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Awesome! Prepare yourself...buckeyebob is loud! Lol but at this game I fully expect to lose my voice anyway. Hope to see you there :)

Oh yeah, I know buckeyebob! I met him in Round Rock during the 7 on 7 State tourney. :clap:

Let's just say fans from both sides of the Graham/Gilmer match up on Saturday were very vocal.

buckeyebob
11-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Oh yeah, I know buckeyebob! I met him in Round Rock during the 7 on 7 State tourney. :clap:

Let's just say fans from both sides of the Graham/Gilmer match up on Saturday were very vocal.

I always get a bad rap...oh well...loud & proud...Friday Night Football!!!

Dawgs
11-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I will definitly be at this game Friday...Can't wait. I haven't seen either team play this year, just know what I have heard on message boards, and the little bit of film I have watched on Gilmer. I will be interested to see how the Kilgore defense handles the tempo of the Gilmer offense. I think this will give a good indication of how Kilgore will handle Stephenville offense this year if these 2 team were to meet. Should be one of he biggest games in ETX in awhile. Again I can only go on the film I have seen, and the ridiclous post the Glmer fans are making this year, but I think Gilmer will waltz to a State Championship this year in DII, given all the hype and the fact that the Gilmer posters know elite teams when they see them. I will take Gilmer by 4 points in a lower scoring affair than some might think. I think Kilgore has the most to prove in this game, cause DI is a beast this year. BTW Carthage Senior QB will lead them to another Championship this year...Mark it down!!! :clap:

Aesculus gilmus
11-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Off topic a bit, but Gilmer ISD voters just overwhelmingly rejected all three propositions the GISD board of trustees placed before them. I am a bit surprised at the margin of defeat. This makes me begin to wonder how much of a future public schools have or at least how much the one here has.

poisoned10
11-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Off topic a bit, but Gilmer ISD voters just overwhelmingly rejected all three propositions the GISD board of trustees placed before them. I am a bit surprised at the margin of defeat. This makes me begin to wonder how much of a future public schools have or at least how much the one here has.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

waterboy
11-05-2013, 11:10 PM
That doesn't surprise me at all.

Me, either. The proposal had the price way too high for building a high school, a full $60 per square foot too high. They should've used the money left over from the last bond election (Imagine that! A fudged proposal!) to address some issues that should've been at the forefront of the school's agenda. That shows irresponsibility in my opinion, and in today's economy we can't afford to go further into debt just because somebody plays on emotions. Do I think we need another high school? Yes! Do I want what's best for our students? Yes. Do I think this proposal was a good, well thought out, cost effective plan? Absolutely not. If I would've thought this was a good proposal I would've voted yes.

movethechain
11-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Me, either. The proposal had the price way too high for building a high school, a full $60 per square foot too high. They should've used the money left over from the last bond election (Imagine that! A fudged proposal!) to address some issues that should've been at the forefront of the school's agenda. That shows irresponsibility in my opinion, and in today's economy we can't afford to go further into debt just because somebody plays on emotions. Do I think we need another high school? Yes! Do I want what's best for our students? Yes. Do I think this proposal was a good, well thought out, cost effective plan? Absolutely not. If I would've thought this was a good proposal I would've voted yes.

Good summary. Pretty much my exact feelings.

lostaussie
11-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Ok.............back to football!!!

waterboy
11-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Ok.............back to football!!!

Are you coming to this game?

adoptedbuckeye
11-06-2013, 08:40 AM
I always get a bad rap...oh well...loud & proud...Friday Night Football!!!

Hey, at least you're the first and last one yelling even when our team is down. And the horn isn't all that bad lol

lostaussie
11-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Are you coming to this game?Lol.....what kind of question is that? Leaving to go west on Saturday...... after the "GAME"

waterboy
11-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Lol.....what kind of question is that? Leaving to go west on Saturday...... after the "GAME"

I figured you'd be heading west. I just didn't know whether it would be before or after.

buckeyebob
11-06-2013, 04:11 PM

FYI...Prop 1 was the "complete" cost...site work, demo, new const, furniture & fixtures, etc...the "opposition's quoted price was construction only.

I was very disappointed.

lostaussie
11-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Almost 24 hours and NO posts. Game must have gotten boring all of a sudden :D

refereedoc
11-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Almost 24 hours and NO posts. Game must have gotten boring all of a sudden :D

Somebody ran off Hollywood and all of a sudden it gets boring. In the words of Gomer Pyle" Shame, Shame, Shame!" Some may not like him, but at least he keeps it stirred up:stirpot:

waterboy
11-07-2013, 04:16 PM
I only know one Kilgore fan who ever posts over here. Aggie98 is the only one I know of. If there are any posters from our common opponents, or who have seen both play this year, it would help liven it up at least a little. It seems the Buckeyes fans are just talking amongst ourselves the way it is.

buckeyebob
11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Somebody ran off Hollywood and all of a sudden it gets boring. In the words of Gomer Pyle" Shame, Shame, Shame!" Some may not like him, but at least he keeps it stirred up:stirpot:

Hollywood has a road trip...coming to the Promise Land of East Texas to see East Texas Speed @ it's best

hollywood
11-07-2013, 06:03 PM

Hollywood has a road trip...coming to the Promise Land of East Texas to see East Texas Speed @ it's best

Haha, yes sir!!

Tickets for a District of Doom District Championship-- $30
Great pregame BBQ-- $60
Fuel to get there-- $80
Getting to sit with rabid Buckeye fans-- priceless

Yep, I think I'm ready!

hollywood
11-07-2013, 06:04 PM

Oh, by the way, I've got my radar gun packed to validate. :thumbsup:

refereedoc
11-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh, by the way, I've got my radar gun packed to validate. :thumbsup:

:fnypost:

poisoned10
11-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Gilmer will win this game by at least 2 or 3 TD's.

Chapel Hill QB Andrew Black torched the Kilgore secondary for over 300 yards and it would have been much more than that if the C.Hill coach would have passed more instead of trying to run the whole game.

Kilgore won't stand a chance playing defense like that against Gilmer.

adoptedbuckeye
11-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Gilmer will win this game by at least 2 or 3 TD's.

Chapel Hill QB Andrew Black torched the Kilgore secondary for over 300 yards and it would have been much more than that if the C.Hill coach would have passed more instead of trying to run the whole game.

Kilgore won't stand a chance playing defense like that against Gilmer.

I have read a lot on here and smoaky that Gilmer has to win games by passing, but if you look at the stats they are 61% run and 39% pass last time I checked on maxpreps. Sure we pass the ball well but I dont think we have ti rely on our passing game to win this one. A well-balanced spread offense just like we always run is what I expect to see. And if it turns into shootout land, I put my money on Tanner Barr and our receivers to burn it down ;)

buckeyebob
11-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Haha, yes sir!!

Tickets for a District of Doom District Championship-- $30
Great pregame BBQ-- $60
Fuel to get there-- $80
Getting to sit with rabid Buckeye fans-- priceless

Yep, I think I'm ready!

Bux took care of biness tonight...9th Grade 34-14, JV 21-14...way I see it, Friday Night Lights say 55-28 Bux...so ready.

hollywood
11-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Bux took care of biness tonight...9th Grade 34-14, JV 21-14...way I see it, Friday Night Lights say 55-28 Bux...so ready.

It has been said!

poisoned10
11-07-2013, 11:53 PM
I have read a lot on here and smoaky that Gilmer has to win games by passing, but if you look at the stats they are 61% run and 39% pass last time I checked on maxpreps. Sure we pass the ball well but I dont think we have ti rely on our passing game to win this one. A well-balanced spread offense just like we always run is what I expect to see. And if it turns into shootout land, I put my money on Tanner Barr and our receivers to burn it down ;)

I'm not saying that I think Gilmer has to pass to beat Kilgore. I'm just saying that if Chapel Hill was able to throw for over 300 yards, and I believe we have a stronger passing attack as well as more accurate passer, then there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do the same. But don't get me wrong, we are going to have to be on top of our passing game as well as running game to be able to win.

Those of us that watch Gilmer on a weekly basis knows how good Gilmer is at mixing up the play calls and playing to what the defense is giving us. We have seen some games where Gilmer has barely ran the ball and passed the majority of the time and some games where we did nothing but run the ball. Pick your poison with Gilmer.

Pawdaddy
11-08-2013, 03:20 AM
I think we'll go ahead and play for the win. Aren't you the one that said Chapel Hill would beat us by 2 TD's?
Yeah, that be me. CH did not show what I expected and Kilgore played a notch or two above what I saw against Gladewater. BUT, you will see Friday that Gilmer is nothing like CH. There is a big storm coming to Kilgore and it is painted Orange and Black. Don't get discouraged though, you will not have to get this whooping but once.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm not saying that I think Gilmer has to pass to beat Kilgore. I'm just saying that if Chapel Hill was able to throw for over 300 yards, and I believe we have a stronger passing attack as well as more accurate passer, then there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do the same. But don't get me wrong, we are going to have to be on top of our passing game as well as running game to be able to win.

Those of us that watch Gilmer on a weekly basis knows how good Gilmer is at mixing up the play calls and playing to what the defense is giving us. We have seen some games where Gilmer has barely ran the ball and passed the majority of the time and some games where we did nothing but run the ball. Pick your poison with Gilmer.

I know that's not what you were saying, I just meant it as a blanket reference in case anybody thought all we do is pass.

I'm so ready for this game tonight I can't stand waiting for 7:30 to get here! After the game maybe I can get my hands on one of those "Beat Gilmer" shirts, dip it in orange &black tie dye and write our winning score on it real big to display in my truck for all Kilgore to see every day!

poisoned10
11-08-2013, 07:23 AM
I tried to get one at the Kilgore - C.Hill game but apparently they weren't selling them then. At least that's what I was told anyways.

I was going to get one, altar the letters with a sharpie and wear it to the game tonight. Sadly, that won't be happening.

Aesculus gilmus
11-08-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm so ready for this game tonight I can't stand waiting for 7:30 to get here! !

I'm with you. As excited as the fan bases are about this game, can you imagine how pumped and stoked the players on those two teams must be right now?

It is reminiscent (although not really) of my last game as a Buckeye when two teams with perfect records battled at Buckeye Stadium to find out who would be last place in the district. The game was played before a "standing and sitting room everywhere" crowd (well, "gathering" would be more descriptive than "crowd") of family and (only very close) friends.

BTW, the Buckeyes failed to achieve a perfect record that night and our opponents drove north toward home with an intact perfect record of 0-10, "winning" the right to be "cellar dwellers." "Glory days," as Bruce Springsteen would says.

waterboy
11-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Y'all do remember the last time we heard of a team that sold "Beat Gilmer" shirts, right? That team was Gladewater. They gave us a good game, but didn't get it done. They placed so much emphasis on that game that they didn't win but one more game the rest of the season. I certainly hope Kilgore isn't placing too much emphasis on winning this game, because if they are, and they lose, I doubt they'll be able to keep that emotional level for the playoffs. I do think that Gilmer is at least a couple of TDs better than Kilgore this year, but you still have to win on the field.

My prediction:

Gilmer - enough
Kilgore - not enough

waterboy
11-08-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm with you. As excited as the fan bases are about this game, can you imagine how pumped and stoked the players on those two teams must be right now?

It is reminiscent (although not really) of my last game as a Buckeye when two teams with perfect records battled at Buckeye Stadium to find out who would be last place in the district. The game was played before a "standing and sitting room everywhere" crowd (well, "gathering" would be more descriptive than "crowd") of family and (only very close) friends.

BTW, the Buckeyes failed to achieve a perfect record that night and our opponents drove north toward home with an intact perfect record of 0-10, "winning" the right to be "cellar dwellers." "Glory days," as Bruce Springsteen would says.

That had to be in the mid '70s. Who was it against, and what was the score?

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Sounds like when I was at Union Hill just battling not to end up in last place! I'm glad we are in the upswing cycle of Buckeye football and our prospects look good for years coming as well.

Us fans get so pumped up for games like this, and what impresses me is how well Traylor prepares the team to handle these high-intensity situations. Gilmer's guys always keep their cool even when the rest of us are irate, and they know how to overcome adversity.

Aesculus gilmus
11-08-2013, 08:36 AM
That had to be in the mid '70s. Who was it against, and what was the score?

I remembered the score correctly, but I now have to stand corrected. It was our final game at Buckeye Stadium that year. We played Sulphur Springs the following week on the road and lost 9-0. I have NO memory of that, but then that is true of most of my senior year in high school. Clarksville DID go 0-10, though. It's hard to believe Clarksville, a school which now has 171 high school students, and Sulphur Springs, which now has 1126, were ever in the same district.

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1030&S=1976&GUID=8543134331

On edit: Just for the record, I played on defense whenever I got in the game (which was more often toward the end of the season as more players quit). It's hard to believe the Bux ever went through a season scoring only 45 points, but there it is.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 09:15 AM
This was in the Gilmer Mirror. I hope the Army of Buckeyes steps it up from here on out!

"The Gilmer fan attendance at the Bullard game was, to be blunt, disappointing. Friday night’s game in Kilgore will be a knock-down, smash-mouth game from start to finish. Our Buckeyes both deserve and urgently NEED your attendance at R.E. St. John Stadium Friday night. Make sure you make the short trip to Kilgore and get in the stands early and be loud and proud and cheer the Buckeyes on to their 12th District Championship in the last 14 years. GO BUCKEYES!"

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
GAMEDAY!!!

Dogs roll, Bux fold. 34-31 Ragin Red Bulldogs!

Hollywood.... leave your penny loafers at home.... and stay out of those "fine establishments" that surround the Country Tavern.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 09:38 AM
GAMEDAY!!!

Hollywood.... leave your penny loafers at home.... and stay out of those "fine establishments" that surround the Country Tavern.

I hope Kilgore's players stayed away from the chili cookoff yesterday! Would hate for them to have to take turns running off the field for indigestion lol.

lostaussie
11-08-2013, 10:09 AM
i hope kilgore's players stayed away from the chili cookoff yesterday! Would hate for them to have to take turns running off the field for indigestion lol.

guilty!!!:D

poisoned10
11-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Dogs roll

Dogs roll?

http://youtu.be/tOtywQJTSQc

hollywood
11-08-2013, 10:58 AM
GAMEDAY!!!

Penny loafers? LOL.. hell to tha no!

Hey, anything you want to warn me about out near the Country Tavern??? :vrycnfsd: I'll have my nephews with me.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Hey, anything you want to warn me about out near the Country Tavern??? :vrycnfsd: I'll have my nephews with me.

Well they aren't exactly high-class dance halls, don't let your nephews look in!

hollywood
11-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Well they aren't exactly high-class dance halls, don't let your nephews look in!

Gotcha... the kind you wouldn't take your wife to... unless you're from East Texas. :doh:

Meeting some Buckeye faithful at Country Tavern. They'll fill me in if needed. ;)

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:04 AM

But country tavern itself is all good for the family

hollywood
11-08-2013, 11:09 AM
But country tavern itself is all good for the family

4:00 at Country Tavern if you want to join in.

Lion70
11-08-2013, 11:11 AM
I hope Gilmer beats the crap out of Kilgore , but I expect a two touchdown win.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:26 AM
4:00 at Country Tavern if you want to join in.

I wish I could! I work until 4:30 here in Kilgore then I'm headed up to the stadium to wait in line. Thanks though!

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I hope Kilgore's players stayed away from the chili cookoff yesterday! Would hate for them to have to take turns running off the field for indigestion lol.

Ha! We'll be wearing black pants tonight... non-issue. Might have to run the offense out of the shotgun, though.

hollywood
11-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Ha! We'll be wearing black pants tonight... non-issue. Might have to run the offense out of the shotgun, though.

:spitlol: :fnypost:

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:34 AM

Omg lol that was good!

hollywood
11-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I wish I could! I work until 4:30 here in Kilgore then I'm headed up to the stadium to wait in line. Thanks though!

What.. you work in Kilgore?? lol It's kind of like when I moved to Stephenville from Brownwood. Big rivals then... it's kind of fallen off the last decade.

Sounds good.

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah, that be me. CH did not show what I expected and Kilgore played a notch or two above what I saw against Gladewater. BUT, you will see Friday that Gilmer is nothing like CH. There is a big storm coming to Kilgore and it is painted Orange and Black. Don't get discouraged though, you will not have to get this whooping but once.

Yes, we ratcheted it up a couple of more notches for Chapel Hill, a couple of more for Henderson, and we will be in the top notch for Glimmer.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:38 AM
What.. you work in Kilgore?? lol It's kind of like when I moved to Stephenville from Brownwood. Big rivals then... it's kind of fallen off the last decade.

Sounds good.

Yeah every time I mention Gilmer around a customer I get an earful haha. And the guys I work with love to gang up on little ol Gilmer. I can't wait for kickoff

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, we ratcheted it up a couple of more notches for Chapel Hill, a couple of more for Henderson, and we will be in the top notch for Glimmer.

That's good because I want this to be the toughest test the Buckeyes have seen and possibly will see all year. we need to play against a state caliber team with all cylinders firing, going all out to win. I think Kilgore needs this too to prepare for their tough road ahead.

waterboy
11-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah every time I mention Gilmer around a customer I get an earful haha. And the guys I work with love to gang up on little ol Gilmer. I can't wait for kickoff

Yeah, I work in Kilgore, too. There's a lot of good-natured ribbing going on. I hope this becomes an annual thing after realignment, even though they'll be in separate divisions.

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 11:59 AM
That's good because I want this to be the toughest test the Buckeyes have seen and possibly will see all year. we need to play against a state caliber team with all cylinders firing, going all out to win. I think Kilgore needs this too to prepare for their tough road ahead.

Agreed. This game is a "dry run" for both teams and will have all of the elements of a state semi-final or finals game. We'll both learn a lot about our respective strengths and weaknesses in this one. As long as all the players can walk away from this one without a limp it'll be win-win.

waterboy
11-08-2013, 12:00 PM

I agree. We definitely need to tune it up for a run at the title. This is the best team we will have faced this year, but we have yet to be seriously challenged. Our Buckeyes know that's it time to tune it up a notch or two.

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Y'all do remember the last time we heard of a team that sold "Beat Gilmer" shirts, right? That team was Gladewater. They gave us a good game, but didn't get it done. They placed so much emphasis on that game that they didn't win but one more game the rest of the season. I certainly hope Kilgore isn't placing too much emphasis on winning this game, because if they are, and they lose, I doubt they'll be able to keep that emotional level for the playoffs. I do think that Gilmer is at least a couple of TDs better than Kilgore this year, but you still have to win on the field.

My prediction:

Gilmer - enough
Kilgore - not enough

Meh, we are not Gladewater. We lost to Gilmer in week 10 last year and won our next 3 playoff games pretty handily. They'll review the game film on Saturday morning and then Gilmer is history.... win or lose.

waterboy
11-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Meh, we are not Gladewater. We lost to Gilmer in week 10 last year and won our next 3 playoff games pretty handily. They'll review the game film on Saturday morning and then Gilmer is history.... win or lose.

Obviously, y'all are not Gladewater, but after losing to the same team a couple of times in a row, beating a nemesis does become an emotional issue. I've seen it too many times. It has happened to the Buckeyes a few times over the years. We just go out and take care of business. If we lose, we lose. If we win, it's just another notch on the belt, so to speak. That being said, I don't think this game will affect the playoffs one iota either way. For all we know, this could be a matchup of the two best 3A teams in the state. We won't know that until the dust settles on December 20th.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Agreed. This game is a "dry run" for both teams and will have all of the elements of a state semi-final or finals game. We'll both learn a lot about our respective strengths and weaknesses in this one. As long as all the players can walk away from this one without a limp it'll be win-win.

Yes I pray everyone playing tonight stays healthy.

regaleagle
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Hey Aggie98....where's Kilgodad and all the rest of your Kilgore posters??? Don't they even view this website? Might as well tell them they're missing out now that Kilgore is in 3A. I guess some of them haven't transitioned yet since dropping down from 4A on the message boards, huh? On Smoaky, Kilgore has quite a few regular posters. With Kilgore being in the playoffs, they need to step up to the plate on this board as well. The Gilmerites have you outflanked, Aggie98. You need to call in some troops, haha.

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Hey Aggie98....where's Kilgodad and all the rest of your Kilgore posters??? Don't they even view this website? Might as well tell them they're missing out now that Kilgore is in 3A. I guess some of them haven't transitioned yet since dropping down from 4A on the message boards, huh? On Smoaky, Kilgore has quite a few regular posters. With Kilgore being in the playoffs, they need to step up to the plate on this board as well. The Gilmerites have you outflanked, Aggie98. You need to call in some troops, haha.

We have a few good, long-time posters over there, but the new guys smack talk about as well as they punctuate. I'd just assume fly solo than to have to cypher what they're trying to communicate. We used to have a really strong cyber-following back in the 4A days.... Had some epic internet wars with Lamarque back then. I may have to ressurect some of those guys to join me over here for the playoffs.

Pawdaddy
11-08-2013, 05:37 PM
OK! 4:30pm and leaving to go get in line at the gate. These Gilmer people have been called NUTS! I be one too!! Get ready Kilgore......Storm is coming!!!!!!

poisoned10
11-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Where is everyone sitting?

I'm on the 45 yard line, about 7 rows up in a black and orange Gilmer hat and black jacket.

Sent from my iPhone

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Where is everyone sitting?

I'm on the 45 yard line, about 7 rows up in a black and orange Gilmer hat and black jacket.

Sent from my iPhone
We're all packed in like sardines on the 30 yard line. It's pure madness in this place!

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Good lawd at the cars!

poisoned10
11-08-2013, 08:03 PM
We're all packed in like sardines on the 30 yard line. It's pure madness in this place!

Which end?

Sent from my iPhone

poisoned10
11-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Good lawd at the cars!

I parked in a church parking lot a couple of blocks away. Luckily I have a district pass and got to skip the line to enter the game.

Sent from my iPhone

hollywood
11-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Low and behold, I'm right behind adoptedbuckeye and pawdaddy! Out of all the people, crazy! Lol

I heard buckeyebob before I saw him.

Stadium packed an hour before the game!

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Which end?

Sent from my iPhone

North end most of the way up

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm on the Kilgore sideline, north end, 5 yd line. Red sweatshirt, black visor.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Yes! Now the crowds Are livening it up!!!

Dawgkillr
11-08-2013, 08:58 PM
How bout an update on the score?

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 09:01 PM
7-7 starting 2nd quarter

Dawgkillr
11-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the update

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Kilgore 20
Gilmer 14
Halftime

poisoned10
11-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Gilmer has played VERY poorly to say the least. Gilmer has fumbled the ball over 4 times already. When the offense can hold on to the ball, we have been able to move the ball well. We just keep giving it back to them.

Defense has been outstanding defending the pass and has done well playing with a short field several times.

Kilgore did what they did best on the last drive of the half. They took the ball with a little over 4 minutes left to halftime and just ran it right at Gilmer. They scored with 9.3 seconds left on a fade to the corner of the end zone but missed the PAT, which could be costly (hopefully).

If Gilmer tightens up against the run and can hold on to the ball, I have no doubt we will walk out winners. If we have a half half as bad as the 1st, Kilgore will run away with this one.

Sent from my iPhone

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Gilmer better pull their heads out quick. Never have I seen them play so sloppy all at once. Kilgore wins this if Gilmer doesn't get it together.

poisoned10
11-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Gilmer better pull their heads out quick. Never have I seen them play so sloppy all at once. Kilgore wins this if Gilmer doesn't get it together.

I think I can hear Jeff from my seat yelling at them in the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Kilgore is doing exactly what I hoped we'd do..... Take away the homerun plays and make the Bux settle for the underneath stuff.... and then knock the snot out of them. Gilmer hasn't really had a an answer for ourzone read either. Lots of football left, though. Great game so far.

hollywood
11-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I've been most surprised at the turnover battle.

Gilmer hasn't had an answer for runs up the middle. Gilmer's D-line is undersized and having a hard time getting penitration. Adjustments are a must or it's going to be hard to keep Kilgore from making scoring drives.

Two very good teams going at it! Worth the trip for sure.

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Is Demarco Boyd playing?

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Is Demarco Boyd playing?
Not this game

Smitty
11-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Gilmer 29 Kilgore 28, Kilgore driving on the Gilmer 22

Smitty
11-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Kilgore scores with 98 seconds left, going for two.....do not get the 2 points. Kilgore 34 Gilmer 29

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Ball game, Kilgore 34 Gilmer 29

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2013, 11:25 PM
as usual, you know nothing of what you speak.

I guess I know a little of what I speak. Great ball game. Kilgore did what I expected, change the game by slowing it down. They ran right up the middle all night long and Gilmer could not stop it. I still think Gilmer is the better team, just did not play sound football. four fumbles will get you beat and will cost any team a game against another good team. Great win K Dawgs.

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Congratulations to the Kilgore Bulldogs. Yall showed us where we need to improve for sure and Gilmer better fix the problems or else Argyle will shut our state hopes down in a heartbeat. Good luck to Kilgore

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Down goes gilmer! Down goes gilmer!!!

Aggie98
11-08-2013, 11:40 PM
You wanna talk about Gladewater now?

adoptedbuckeye
11-08-2013, 11:44 PM
You wanna talk about Gladewater now?

We looked about like Gladewater for awhile tonight.

regaleagle
11-09-2013, 12:43 AM
"this game will probably end up in the midthirties with the difference being a touchdown or less". Who said that? Refer back to my first post of this game thread on page one. I was one of the votes that Kilgore got in the poll. Yep, Buckeye fans.....I voted that Kilgore would win this one with the homefield advantage and TOP being in their favor.

poisoned10
11-09-2013, 12:48 AM
What a great game between 2 great teams. It was a lot of fun to be part of such an electric atmosphere. Both crowds battling before the game was awesome. I wish out crowd would act like that more often. It's not fun being the only one yelling and constantly being told to sit down.

Congrats to Kilgore. You guys played a hell of a game and made the plays when it counted. Unfortunately, Gilmer did not. Losing sucks bad. But if this team is as mature as we like to think they are, they will take this loss as a learning experience and turn it into a motivator to sling shot them to a state championship.

The real season begins next Thursday at Rose Stadium. Good luck in D1 to Kilgore. Hopefully 16-3A will bring home 2 State trophies this year.

Sent from my iPhone

movethechain
11-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Congrats to the Kilgore Bulldogs. Great game from a very worthy opponent. The Bulldogs should go far and even more so with the confidence boost from their win tonight. I know you all will represent The District of Doom very well the rest of the way to state in D1.

hollywood
11-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Great game! Two solid teams going at it, slug for slug.

Well worth the trip!

Great meeting adoptedbuckeye and pawdaddy!

Gilmer and Kilgore are both very solid teams.

Good luck to both in the playoffs.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2013, 02:22 AM
We just got home...what a frigging amazing game..Gilmer had key mistakes early when it looked they would start to take control..Kilgore D ( hell both) are fast and get hats to the ball...someone will say sloppy caused the fumbles..but alot of them were multiple hits and stripping of the ball...Both can pound the rock when needed..Kilgore passing game is not good...but can kill you at the worst time...#1 for Kilgore is a true X-Factor...#40 for Kilgore is not biggest guy on the defense..but he sticks his hat in and can bring em down

Gilmer bevy of backs are very good..their QB is slippery...OL is massive..D line is solid...everything about these two showed me they are Tier 1 teams easily

great food..great meeting of some media guys that cover 3A East Texas...only bad part of night was me taking a mis kick to the head in warm ups LOL

Aggie98
11-09-2013, 02:58 AM
This was by far the best game I've ever seen played in Kilgore. And I've always said that the 2004 Title game vs. Lincoln was the best HS football game I've ever seen, but this one is right there with it... Even though this one was virtually meaningless for both teams. Turnovers, multiple halfback passes, reverse passes to the QB, 2 pt conversion to take the lead instead of the tie on the road, uncontested TD's.... 10,000 fans, 5 or 6 TV stations, and every newspaper reporter within 100 miles. Awesome freaking game. And good luck to whoever has to face Gilmer in the playoffs.... because they are very good and probably very pissed off right now.

Aggie98
11-09-2013, 03:06 AM
We just got home...what a frigging amazing game..Gilmer had key mistakes early when it looked they would start to take control..Kilgore D ( hell both) are fast and get hats to the ball...someone will say sloppy caused the fumbles..but alot of them were multiple hits and stripping of the ball...Both can pound the rock when needed..Kilgore passing game is not good...but can kill you at the worst time...#1 for Kilgore is a true X-Factor...#40 for Kilgore is not biggest guy on the defense..but he sticks his hat in and can bring em down

Gilmer bevy of backs are very good..their QB is slippery...OL is massive..D line is solid...everything about these two showed me they are Tier 1 teams easily

great food..great meeting of some media guys that cover 3A East Texas...only bad part of night was me taking a mis kick to the head in warm ups LOL

#40 is Jake Brantley, and he is a badass. Three year starter at OLB/SS and probably goes 5'8"-175 at the most. Very good football player.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2013, 03:16 AM
#40 is Jake Brantley, and he is a badass. Three year starter at OLB/SS and probably goes 5'8"-175 at the most. Very good football player.

I was a foot from him when he recovered the lateral at end of half...he got slammed down hard..when he stood up he was not all there..shook it off....he had a couple of clean good form shots

Pawdaddy
11-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Anybody think they wasted their money for the ticket to this one???? Seldom will you get the opportunity to see a regular season high school football game with the crouwd into it like this one ! And then to actually have the two teams battle like these two did was something to see! All I can say is, "RESPECT THE K!" Big plays on offense when you had to have them and then big plays on defense when you had the game on the line. Awesome performance! Certainly ranks up there with some of the best high school games I have witnessed . Now Bulldogs, go make this a 16-0 season. I will definitely be rooting for you! Great to meet Hollywood! Downlow folks are just good people!

hollywood
11-09-2013, 03:54 AM
We made it back to the Ville safely. Great road trip! You don't get to see these kind of match ups in district play very often, so with the electric atmosphere of 10,000 thundering East Texas football fans (throw in a few West Texas ones too), new friends, good BBQ... this was a real treat for Texas high school football.

hollywood
11-09-2013, 04:35 AM
What a great game between 2 great teams. It was a lot of fun to be part of such an electric atmosphere. Both crowds battling before the game was awesome. I wish out crowd would act like that more often. It's not fun being the only one yelling and constantly being told to sit down.

Congrats to Kilgore. You guys played a hell of a game and made the plays when it counted. Unfortunately, Gilmer did not. Losing sucks bad. But if this team is as mature as we like to think they are, they will take this loss as a learning experience and turn it into a motivator to sling shot them to a state championship.

The real season begins next Thursday at Rose Stadium. Good luck in D1 to Kilgore. Hopefully 16-3A will bring home 2 State trophies this year.

Sent from my iPhone

Gilmer will be fine! Great team, fans, and coaching staff. They'll get this loss behind them and focus on next weeks playoff game.

hollywood
11-09-2013, 04:37 AM
I haven't seen Argyle so I honestly couldn't comment on their strengths. I know what I saw tonight. Two very good 3A football teams. Both very talented and have play makers on both sides of the ball. Gilmer will need Demarco Boyd back soon. Gilmer's D-line got eaten up in the middle. The adjustments made at the half helped slow Kilgore down a little, but they still didn't have an answer to counter Kilgore's gashes up the middle. Gilmer will have to execute better than they did tonight on both sides of the ball from here on out to make it past Argyle. Kilgore, similar to last years team. QB is more of a threat though this year IMO. Like someone else said earlier, true X-factor on offense. Defense is solid but didn't see where they are quite as good as last years D IMO. Still very solid. AJ Davis was an absolute stud last year. I think what won this game for Kilgore comes down to the ole cliche... The battle in the trenches. I'm not an OL/DL specialist and more of a skill players fan, but this is what separates good teams from great teams... OL/DL play. Execution execution execution. Gilmer will be in trouble if/when they play the next team that has a solid OL/DL and skill players that can execute. Especially if they don't shore up the mistakes. Another thing I was surprised with is the fact Gilmer didn't go down field hardly at all with a pass! Almost everything was underneath, short screens, quick outs, or play action fakes. Kilgore just lined up shallow and were able to keep Gilmer at bay most of the night. Barr only ran if it was a busted play or the pocket collapsed. He can run. I was expecting more of a dual threat I suppose. Still, a solid signal caller.

Kilgore, y'all best be ready for another well oiled machine in Stephenville this season if both make it that far. I expect they both will. From what I saw tonight, Stephenville is every bit as good as either of these teams. Offensively, they have a few more weapons than last season in a different way and with speed. Defensively, LB's swarm to the ball and tackle very well. OL/DL are very sound fundamentally, big and strong. Here we go, it's playoff time!

Again, great game and best of luck to both!!

adoptedbuckeye
11-09-2013, 08:42 AM
We made it back to the Ville safely. Great road trip! You don't get to see these kind of match ups in district play very often, so with the electric atmosphere of 10,000 thundering East Texas football fans (throw in a few West Texas ones too), new friends, good BBQ... this was a real treat for Texas high school football.

Glad you enjoyed it! Good luck to the Ville in playoffs!

adoptedbuckeye
11-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Just got up and that bitter taste probably won't go away until Thursday night. But hey Kilgore played their hearts out and anyone could see how badly they wanted that district championship. I have faith my Buckeyes will bounce back and use this as a learning experience. That's what's so great is we have so much room for improvement and if they ever play a 100% mistake-free game look out!

Dawgs
11-09-2013, 10:02 AM
I was not that impressed with either team...Got to the game 1 hour early, and stayed until the last play. Carthage would have beat both by 2 scores last night. I haven't seen Gilmer play this year, so all I could go off of was poster on message boards, and some film. Gilmer's offense is a GIMMICK. With the athletes Gilmer has there is no way Traylor should be running all the trick plays, and smoke & mirriors. LINE UP & BEAT SOMEBODY. Great win Kilgore!!! You guys proved alot of people wrong. Ran the ball down Gilmer's throat from the 2nd quarter on. I loved at the end of the game when there was a holding call called against Gimer, and Traylor was throwing his usual temper tantrum like a 5 year old...Kilgore fans were giving him the business!! They should have thrown a 15 yard flag. Gilmer letting Kilgore score from the 22 with 1:30 left in the game, was one of the most arrogant calls I have ever seen. Traylor got exactly what he deserved. C'mon, let me have it...I have seen what I needed to see. As far as I am concerned Carthage is still the bully of ETX 3A. No gimmicks, no BS, no whining about calls...Just line up and beat you with a pro-style balanced attack. Agan great win Kilgore...Way to take what was yours!

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I was not that impressed with either team...Got to the game 1 hour early, and stayed until the last play. Carthage would have beat both by 2 scores last night. I haven't seen Gilmer play this year, so all I could go off of was poster on message boards, and some film. Gilmer's offense is a GIMMICK. With the athletes Gilmer has there is no way Traylor should be running all the trick plays, and smoke & mirriors. LINE UP & BEAT SOMEBODY. Great win Kilgore!!! You guys proved alot of people wrong. Ran the ball down Gilmer's throat from the 2nd quarter on. I loved at the end of the game when there was a holding call called against Gimer, and Traylor was throwing his usual temper tantrum like a 5 year old...Kilgore fans were giving him the business!! They should have thrown a 15 yard flag. Gilmer letting Kilgore score from the 22 with 1:30 left in the game, was one of the most arrogant calls I have ever seen. Traylor got exactly what he deserved. C'mon, let me have it...I have seen what I needed to see. As far as I am concerned Carthage is still the bully of ETX 3A. No gimmicks, no BS, no whining about calls...Just line up and beat you with a pro-style balanced attack. Agan great win Kilgore...Way to take what was yours!

So a team should run no trick plays? Glad no one told coaches such as Tom Landry or Bill Parcells that. Sorry but your rant on Traylor just seems like you have some biased views....letting a team score is not arrogant..it is the exact opposite, they knew they could not stop them so they wanted as much time as possible

Dawgs
11-09-2013, 11:48 AM
So a team should run no trick plays? Glad no one told coaches such as Tom Landry or Bill Parcells that. Sorry but your rant on Traylor just seems like you have some biased views....letting a team score is not arrogant..it is the exact opposite, they knew they could not stop them so they wanted as much time as possible

That is your opinion...When you have the athletes Gilmer has and you feel the need for all the gimmicks, I just don't consider that good coaching. Traylor is a crybaby, and a bully...If thats biased then ok. Here is an idea, how about line up and give the ball to #21 30 plays a game out of the pistol or I formation? Up one point opposing team at the 22 yard line with 1:30 left, and you let them score? Yes thats arroogant IMO to think you have so many gimmicks or your offense is that good that you will for sure be able to score with 1:30 left. What does that tell your kids on defense? When times get tough you give up? Why not allow them to step up. Just my opinion. LOL Tom Landry or Bill Parcells.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2013, 11:55 AM
That is your opinion...When you have the athletes Gilmer has and you feel the need for all the gimmicks, I just don't consider that good coaching. Traylor is a crybaby, and a bully...If thats biased then ok. Here is an idea, how about line up and give the ball to #21 30 plays a game out of the pistol or I formation? Up one point opposing team at the 22 yard line with 1:30 left, and you let them score? Yes thats arroogant IMO to think you have so many gimmicks or your offense is that good that you will for sure be able to score with 1:30 left. What does that tell your kids on defense? When times get tough you give up? Why not allow them to step up. Just my opinion. LOL Tom Landry or Bill Parcells.

You can LOL all you want but I mention those two coaches because they were known for pulling ut those type of plays...and btw the 3 they ran last night WORKED..and it was not like they did some kind of out there play..two simple throwbacks and a RB option throw that all worked BECAUSE Kilgore had been getting gashed by the run

and you call Traylor a bully..I have seen Carthage HC go off on officials as does EVERY HC..guess he is a bully as well? And I have talked multiple times to both btw and neither are anywhere close to being a bully.

Dawgs
11-09-2013, 12:06 PM
You can LOL all you want but I mention those two coaches because they were known for pulling ut those type of plays...and btw the 3 they ran last night WORKED..and it was not like they did some kind of out there play..two simple throwbacks and a RB option throw that all worked BECAUSE Kilgore had been getting gashed by the run

and you call Traylor a bully..I have seen Carthage HC go off on officials as does EVERY HC..guess he is a bully as well? And I have talked multiple times to both btw and neither are anywhere close to being a bully.

That is the beauty of message boards...Everybody is entitled to their opinions. To compare Carthage HC and Gilmer HC as far as behavior on the field is laughable. Gilmer HC stays on the field more than most of their players. I am not going to get in an argument about a teams HC's behavior, but this is not a new phenonmenon with Traylor...Everbody in ETX knows exactly what I am talking about with the exception of Gilmer faithful. I understood what you were saying about the coaches, but I just don't see the comparison. Those coaches were doing these plays a couple of times a season...I saw Gilmer do this 5 times last night. My point of my original post was that IMO Gilmer is smoke and mirrors. Bunch of mis-direction, short dump off, lots of motion, trick play gimmicks. They didnt take shots down field, and complete big pass plays that covered ground thru the air, but instead relied on the stuff they showed last night. That got them beat. When they let the other team score with 1:30 left, and needed to move the ball down the field without all that they couldn't do it. Not impressed!

hollywood
11-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! Good luck to the Ville in playoffs!

It was great visiting with you and meeting your wife. Buckeyes will go deep again! Enjoy the ride.

poisoned10
11-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Dawgs,

Could you please be a little nicer? You might hurt our feelings.

Sent from my iPhone

adoptedbuckeye
11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm glad everyone else hates Traylor because we don't want him to go anywhere else lol. He's the best thing to happen for Buckeye football.

Dawgs
11-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Dawgs,

Could you please be a little nicer? You might hurt our feelings.

Sent from my iPhone

Haha. Ok I'll try. I have alot of respect for Gilmer's tradition. It's just alot of posters acted like Gilmer wouldn't even be challenged this season, and they got beat by a one dimensional team whos passing game was equal to the Carthage 9th grade. All I am saying is IMO (which means nothing) if the athletes I saw last night were lined up in a conventional offense, nobody would stop them. With that said they have only been held in check once this season, and that was because they turned the ball over 5 times.

adoptedbuckeye
11-09-2013, 08:06 PM
It was great visiting with you and meeting your wife. Buckeyes will go deep again! Enjoy the ride.

I was glad to meet you too! Funny how I just turned around and saw the big S on your hoodie lol. Maybe we can meet up at Jerry World to cheer on our teams the same day (hopefully)

hollywood
11-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I was glad to meet you too! Funny how I just turned around and saw the big S on your hoodie lol. Maybe we can meet up at Jerry World to cheer on our teams the same day (hopefully)

That would be awesome! I'm pulling for Gilmer and hope to see the black and orange at Jerry World in full force.

lostaussie
11-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Well after a great day in the stand.....had to come back and take my lumps. Dawgs are a better team than I gave them credit for. They kicked our tale on the scoreboard and that all that matters. Very questionable play calling on our side but I'm not the coach and I believe in what they do. As far as the fumbles that is part of it. You have to hold on to the ball. So congratulations Kilgore. You earned the right to be called KING OF THE DISTRICT OF DOOM. :clap::clap: