PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 GOTW: Celina (9-0, 3-0) @ Argyle (9-0, 3-0)

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2013, 01:26 PM
WOW what a matchup

orange machine
11-02-2013, 02:37 PM
So it begins!

regaleagle
11-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Yes....the season begins for the Eagles this week. Everything up to now has been preparation for this special team. Unfortunately, Sam Sizelove will not be able to participate in the best part of this season for Argyle, but he will be there on the sidelines urging his teammates to play with the tenacity he has exemplified in his career at Argyle. His absence on the field will be felt by all his teammates, esp. on defense. But I have confidence in the entire team this season that this is a team first....a very very good team.....that will somehow and someway continue winning ballgames, even against the best competition 3A offers, because they truly love each other and the Argyle football tradition. The team chemistry is very strong....from the coaching staff all the way down to the 3rd teamers....and the community support system is top notch. When playing this team, you are playing more than just the players on the field. Good luck to all comers....especially our rival Celina. I'll be there in person to witness this perennial battle for supremacy of the district title and bragging rights. The season has begun. Go get em, Eagles.....it's time to soar!!!

Celina8
11-03-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't think Argyle misses a beat this week with out Sizemore. Nothing against the young man, but Argyle is loaded with great depth. Their offense is hard to contain and they seem to score on every possession. Celina's defense will have to step up especially the defensive line as Argyle's running backs killed us at home last year. The Celina offense will have to stay out of third and long (7 yards or more ) which will be difficult as we will have to establish the pass so that the running game can open up. Throwing on first down if not successful gets you into the third and long situation pretty quickly. I don't think Celina will be able to contain the Argyle offense , but like I said in the "Choose the Game of the Week" thread it really is not the most important game in our District. That belongs to Aubrey and Ranchview. I would love the boys to win, but just be competitive will go along ways for playoff confidence and of course we need the boys (both teams) to come out healthy. Good Luck Bobcats! PS, on a side note was informed by email this morning that I will be in Austin on Friday and Saturday (work related) so I will depend on others to keep us updated on this forum.

garciap77
11-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Celina by 14.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Argyle names their score

nt7on7
11-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Argyle names their score

I wonder how many people on this thread will have actually watched both teams before putting up their prediction. My guess is not very many. There are many in Celina town who have already put this game in the loss column 12 weeks ago. Heck, it might have been 51 weeks ago.

Celina got their hat handed to them by Argyle last year, and there is no nice way to put it. However, this isn't the same Argyle team. And...this isn't the same Celina team, either. In my mind, Argyle has a few more offensive deficiencies than last year, and I think their defense was better. At least it was better until Sizelove was hurt. It may still be, but that remains to be seen. You can talk about Argyle's impressive depth all you want, but no one can replace a Sam Sizelove that quickly. That kid was on a different level.

I think Celina's defense is improved over last year. I'm still not sure how they are better when you look at these little cockroaches on paper (and I mean that in the fondest of ways), but they seem to perform. Even with all of the offensive injuries Celina has sustained, they still are putting up points, and they have more explosive plays than this time last year.

In the end, the depth and experience of Argyle may prevail. However, it's not going to be a name-your-score kind of game. Celina is better than people in Celina give them credit for. We live in a crazy town where you can be 9-0 and still "suck". A town where you can play 9 playoff teams and your schedule can still "suck", even though you have the 16th highest-rated schedule in 3A. Liberty Eylau is undefeated in their East Texas District. Perryton is destroying teams West Texas, but both of those teams aren't very good according to the know-it-alls in Celina. Celina isn't as bad as the people in their town make them out to be, and that is sad that I have to say that about this town and these kids.

waterboy
11-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Argyle will likely win this game handily.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Argyle by 21 is my guess. I haven't seen either team play this season.

I'm going off of what I've heard from others that have and what I read.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Celina give Argyle a game either. I know the talent they have. Argyle just appears to be on another level right now. We'll see.

regaleagle
11-04-2013, 11:32 AM
It is not wise to take this game lightly when dealing with the likes of Celina. They are probably the most critical fans of their own football team as any town in Texas, haha. But secretly, it's part of their program...they believe this helps their team to play better. And it might work for their particular circumstances....who's to say differently??? The point is that Argyle is not intimidated or gullible enough to fall for this kind of banter.....been there, done that before, lol. I fully expect the Bobcats will come into Argyle with a HUGE chip on their shoulder and with much to prove....to themselves as well as to the Eagles. This will be a great test for the Eagles....the biggest of the season so far. You have to realize that the starters have only been playing one half every week...or in some cases with some players less than that. Our qb Boyzuick was very "rusty" last week against Aubrey. The offense has not been getting the reps they need(the starting offense) to play great football. They are just not that refined yet....they haven't played enough minutes yet, imo. These blowouts can have a very negative effect come playoff time, or in this case, come Celina time. This game is a complete question mark in my mind because of these factors....and now with the loss of Sizelove the questions are even more real than before. It's completely normal to be a rabid homer fan when your team is undefeated with very few points scored against the starting defense....but when your main cog is lost the week before the biggest game of the season, there is suddenly some cause to be at least somewhat concerned and apprehensive. I don't look for a blowout this week, sportsfans. This will be a very physical game with some big plays being made all over the field, imo. By both teams. Don't be so naïve to believe the Celina posters that this Argyle team is "far superior" to theirs, haha. That's hogwash, and they know it. They aren't 9-0 for nothing, and their team is improving by leaps and bounds each week. Argyle better get ready for a storm....it's headed our way this Friday nite.

On a side note.....Sam Sizelove started 52 consecutive games in his career at Argyle, with his first being a big win due to his play that caused a fumble he recovered that turned into the difference in Argyle winning that game. IF there was an Argyle Hall of Fame, he would be one of the first in a group inducted, without a doubt.

BILLYFRED0000
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
It is not wise to take this game lightly when dealing with the likes of Celina. They are probably the most critical fans of their own football team as any town in Texas, haha. But secretly, it's part of their program...they believe this helps their team to play better. And it might work for their particular circumstances....who's to say differently??? The point is that Argyle is not intimidated or gullible enough to fall for this kind of banter.....been there, done that before, lol. I fully expect the Bobcats will come into Argyle with a HUGE chip on their shoulder and with much to prove....to themselves as well as to the Eagles. This will be a great test for the Eagles....the biggest of the season so far. You have to realize that the starters have only been playing one half every week...or in some cases with some players less than that. Our qb Boyzuick was very "rusty" last week against Aubrey. The offense has not been getting the reps they need(the starting offense) to play great football. They are just not that refined yet....they haven't played enough minutes yet, imo. These blowouts can have a very negative effect come playoff time, or in this case, come Celina time. This game is a complete question mark in my mind because of these factors....and now with the loss of Sizelove the questions are even more real than before. It's completely normal to be a rabid homer fan when your team is undefeated with very few points scored against the starting defense....but when your main cog is lost the week before the biggest game of the season, there is suddenly some cause to be at least somewhat concerned and apprehensive. I don't look for a blowout this week, sportsfans. This will be a very physical game with some big plays being made all over the field, imo. By both teams. Don't be so naïve to believe the Celina posters that this Argyle team is "far superior" to theirs, haha. That's hogwash, and they know it. They aren't 9-0 for nothing, and their team is improving by leaps and bounds each week. Argyle better get ready for a storm....it's headed our way this Friday nite.

On a side note.....Sam Sizelove started 52 consecutive games in his career at Argyle, with his first being a big win due to his play that caused a fumble he recovered that turned into the difference in Argyle winning that game. IF there was an Argyle Hall of Fame, he would be one of the first in a group inducted, without a doubt.

Yeah that was a shame he got hurt. I think Celina is better than last year. however Argyle still looks great to me......

nt7on7
11-04-2013, 01:45 PM
When I say "cockroaches", that is meant to be a compliment. They are small, but they are scrappy and run around the field like cockroaches when you turn the light on. Also, cockroaches would be the last thing to survive a nuclear war, so they are hard to kill. So, please, Bobcat Moms, don't get your feelings hurt. It was meant as a positive.

orange machine
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
When I say "cockroaches", that is meant to be a compliment. They are small, but they are scrappy and run around the field like cockroaches when you turn the light on. Also, cockroaches would be the last thing to survive a nuclear war, so they are hard to kill. So, please, Bobcat Moms, don't get your feelings hurt. It was meant as a positive.

You have to watch what you say on here because there are some people who like to read this stuff and get all bent out of shape if they think you are saying something negative. Of course they shouldn't be taking this stuff to serious!

Celina8
11-04-2013, 02:20 PM

CockRoaches in a Good Way! Just kidding that was pretty funny, and I understand what you mean when you say they are small, but active. I am hoping for a Bobcat Victory Friday night, but I think Argyle is much better than last year and I think they also have quickness that matches ours. Argyle has one of those teams which Celina has had in the past where you find yourself down 7-0 quickly then they stop you on your offensive series and then we are down 14-0, then another defensive stop and they drive down again the score is quickly 21-0 before the half... Our best defense will actually need to be our offense and I am just not sure we will be able to accomplish that againts this Argyle team.

hollywood
11-04-2013, 03:24 PM
What happened to Sizelove?

ccmom
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
What happened to Sizelove?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?123810-Argyle&highlight=sizelove

hollywood
11-04-2013, 03:50 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?123810-Argyle&highlight=sizelove

Thanks ccmom. Don't know how I missed that thread.

Horrible injury for him and the team. He's a beast and was looking forward to seeing him lead Argyle deep into the playoffs. I'm sure they have someone to step in and take over, but will be impossible to replace his talent this season.

Selfishly thinking, I was looking forward to a possible match up between Stephenville and Argyle with Sizelove being apart of that.

Best wishes for the young man and his family. I hope it doesn't effect his offer to K-State.

5wide
11-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Argyle 51 - Celina 27..no way Celina keeps up with Argyle's offense. I think it will be close at first then Argyle opens it up. Argyle D will force enough Celina turnovers to make the big difference.

slingshot
11-04-2013, 06:29 PM
With Sizelove--Argyle by 21... without--Argyle by 7. This may be a MUCH closer game than some think. Celina has a lot of pride. Upset would not surprise me at all.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2013, 09:52 PM
I wonder how many people on this thread will have actually watched both teams before putting up their prediction. My guess is not very many. There are many in Celina town who have already put this game in the loss column 12 weeks ago. Heck, it might have been 51 weeks ago.

Celina got their hat handed to them by Argyle last year, and there is no nice way to put it. However, this isn't the same Argyle team. And...this isn't the same Celina team, either. In my mind, Argyle has a few more offensive deficiencies than last year, and I think their defense was better. At least it was better until Sizelove was hurt. It may still be, but that remains to be seen. You can talk about Argyle's impressive depth all you want, but no one can replace a Sam Sizelove that quickly. That kid was on a different level.

I think Celina's defense is improved over last year. I'm still not sure how they are better when you look at these little cockroaches on paper (and I mean that in the fondest of ways), but they seem to perform. Even with all of the offensive injuries Celina has sustained, they still are putting up points, and they have more explosive plays than this time last year.

In the end, the depth and experience of Argyle may prevail. However, it's not going to be a name-your-score kind of game. Celina is better than people in Celina give them credit for. We live in a crazy town where you can be 9-0 and still "suck". A town where you can play 9 playoff teams and your schedule can still "suck", even though you have the 16th highest-rated schedule in 3A. Liberty Eylau is undefeated in their East Texas District. Perryton is destroying teams West Texas, but both of those teams aren't very good according to the know-it-alls in Celina. Celina isn't as bad as the people in their town make them out to be, and that is sad that I have to say that about this town and these kids.

Not sure..I know I have seen both play and I just feel like Argyle is a deeper more talented team

Tejastrue
11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
I was looking at Maxpreps and noticed they listed 55 players on Argyle's current roster. Can someone confirm this? There are couple of suspect names listed but that number just seems to be out of the ordinary, especially being a smaller school.

Eagle Nation
11-04-2013, 10:39 PM
I was looking at Maxpreps and noticed they listed 55 players on Argyle's current roster. Can someone confirm this? There are couple of suspect names listed but that number just seems to be out of the ordinary, especially being a smaller school.

That's sound about right for the number of players

Aguilafanatico
11-04-2013, 10:43 PM

That is correct. I believe we have 33 seniors on this years team and they have brought up 10-12 sophomores from a loaded 2016 class.

Tejastrue
11-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Okay, I thought maybe that was your opening day roster. Still, a very nice number for a smaller school. Best of luck to you guys!

Aguilafanatico
11-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Okay, I thought maybe that was your opening day roster. Still, a very nice number for a smaller school. Best of luck to you guys!

Likewise. A great time of the year!

regaleagle
11-05-2013, 03:25 AM
No, I think the opening day roster was 55 suited....31 seniors, 14 sophs, and 10 juniors. They haven't brought up a bunch of players from JV yet. They may do that now that we are in our last district game, but this roster has been pretty much intact since Week 0....give or take one or two players I may not be aware of.

ccmom
11-05-2013, 11:20 AM
regaleagle, will this week be your first time to get to watch Argyle play this year or have you been able to sneak off to catch some of their other games?

Tom Foolery
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I have seen them both and its gonna be a bunch to not very much.

Celina8
11-05-2013, 01:32 PM
I have seen them both and its gonna be a bunch to not very much.

I am guessing that Argyle is the Bunch and Celina is the "not very much".

purring kitty
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
7on7, you're on the money. I've watched Argyle play twice. They're blessed with a core of big, talented kids with great athleticism and football instinct, the kind you hand a pingpong paddle or golf club and they kick your butt at that too. Their program is particularly good in that, like Celina, they have a relatively small student enrollment. If they advance beyond Celina in the playoffs, I will, like many of us, will go buy a ticket and watch them play.

Buuuut: Celina is not one of the winningest teams in Texas and the U.S. in the past sixty years, fifty years , years in between, and in recent years by accident. Texas is heavy on programs who would burn the town square to go 9-0 one time . Check the roster of many DI teams and find a kid or kids who came from Texas schools with losing records who have never been 9-0 in school history. The Celina program is the goal-to-achieve of many programs, especially smaller ones, and more often the Super Bowl for many opponents. We're short on seniors, long on underclass starters, have enough walking wounded standing along the sideline to form at least part of another full team, have won some ugly games, and I'm pretty sure we'll show up in uniform and give 48 minutes in this one. And more appropriately, they'll do it next year and the next, and...

marler1972
11-05-2013, 02:20 PM
7on7, you're on the money. I've watched Argyle play twice. They're blessed with a core of big, talented kids with great athleticism and football instinct, the kind you hand a pingpong paddle or golf club and they kick your butt at that too. Their program is particularly good in that, like Celina, they have a relatively small student enrollment. If they advance beyond Celina in the playoffs, I will, like many of us, will go buy a ticket and watch them play.

Buuuut: Celina is not one of the winningest teams in Texas and the U.S. in the past sixty years, fifty years , years in between, and in recent years by accident. Texas is heavy on programs who would burn the town square to go 9-0 one time . Check the roster of many DI teams and find a kid or kids who came from Texas schools with losing records who have never been 9-0 in school history. The Celina program is the goal-to-achieve of many programs, especially smaller ones, and more often the Super Bowl for many opponents. We're short on seniors, long on underclass starters, have enough walking wounded standing along the sideline to form at least part of another full team, have won some ugly games, and I'm pretty sure we'll show up in uniform and give 48 minutes in this one. And more appropriately, they'll do it next year and the next, and...

+1 :clap:

hollywood
11-05-2013, 03:20 PM

You know, that's all you can do. Support your team/school/program/community and hope they put forth their best effort each game of the season and especially against a district rival and/or into the playoffs if their fortunate enough to be one of those programs like Celina and Argyle.

Good post :thumbsup:

nt7on7
11-05-2013, 03:29 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

regaleagle
11-05-2013, 05:30 PM
regaleagle, will this week be your first time to get to watch Argyle play this year or have you been able to sneak off to catch some of their other games?

My maiden voyage this season for Argyle. I'll be arriving at Love Field @ 10:30 am, get my rent car and drive to AHS to pick up my reserved ticket. Then I'll drive an hour to Winstar where I'm comped for a 4 night stay Wed-Sat. nights. I'll leave on Sunday @ 3:00 to catch my 5:30 return flight to Austin. On Thurs. I'll play golf in the late morning at the Winstar course, then take it easy and hit the slots....maybe some poker in the poker room. They also have Blackjack and roulette now as well. The second Tower of the Hotel is recently completed now, as is a brand new Grand Buffet and indoor pool in the new Hotel facility. I'll leave for the game about 4 pm Fri. and get there about 5 pm. It should be a great weekend for me and the weather should be good for some Friday nite football. I'm really looking forward to this game.

PS: The roundtrip airfare on Southwest was $200 and the rent car is about $130. Gas roundtrip from Fred would have been around $300. The hotel and other comps(food, golf) was too good to refuse. The trip time is in the air is 55 min. one-way, as opposed to 5.5 to 6 hrs to the casino.

bobcat1
11-05-2013, 07:42 PM

You know, that's all you can do. Support your team/school/program/community and hope they put forth their best effort each game of the season and especially against a district rival and/or into the playoffs if their fortunate enough to be one of those programs like Celina and Argyle.

Good post :thumbsup:

I absolutely agree. Will Argyle win.... we'll see. Can Celina upset Argyle.... we'll see. Best of luck to both teams Friday and hopefully no more injuries to either squad. Real sorry the injured are missing this game on both teams.

Eagle Nation
11-05-2013, 08:18 PM
This week will interesting with Hedlund. He is two FG away from match the state record and 4 away from the national record. Main thing the week, an injury free for both teams.

Tejastrue
11-05-2013, 09:44 PM
No, I think the opening day roster was 55 suited....31 seniors, 14 sophs, and 10 juniors. They haven't brought up a bunch of players from JV yet. They may do that now that we are in our last district game, but this roster has been pretty much intact since Week 0....give or take one or two players I may not be aware of.
Wow, gotta love a turnout like that. Sorry if I'm displaying a little envy.

Celina8
11-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Other than Sizelove , Argyle seems to be coming into this game pretty healthy where as another bobcat poster said our side lines is the walking wounded. Still our boys will come to play.

Good Luck Bobcats!

BILLYFRED0000
11-06-2013, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Celina8;1778770]Other than Sizelove , Argyle seems to be coming into this game pretty healthy where as another bobcat poster said our side lines is the walking wounded. Still our boys will come to play.

Good Luck Bobcats![/QUOTE

Worst injury year I can remember in the last 15 years.
7 starters down I think..... and some good backups.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=Celina8;1778770]Other than Sizelove , Argyle seems to be coming into this game pretty healthy where as another bobcat poster said our side lines is the walking wounded. Still our boys will come to play.

Good Luck Bobcats![/QUOTE

Worst injury year I can remember in the last 15 years.
7 starters down I think..... and some good backups.

What's going on? That's seems very strange that 7 starters out? Are these season ending injuries or 2-3 week rehaber's? Is there a good strength training program in place?

marler1972
11-06-2013, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=BILLYFRED0000;1778810]

What's going on? That's seems very strange that 7 starters out? Are these season ending injuries or 2-3 week rehaber's? Is there a good strength training program in place?
we hope some will return

hollywood
11-06-2013, 12:57 PM
we hope some will return

Stephenville has had a few minor ones. Nothing major thank goodness.

All should be back before the first game of the playoffs.

DE - Noah, sprained knee
WR - Sweet, broken wrist. Was out the first several games with broken finger. Came back for the Florida game, broke the opposite wrist!
OL - Rocha, hasn't been 100% in a while. Hopefully the bye week will have him back 100%.

Celina8
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I cannot say that strenght or conditioning would have mattered for many of the injuries to our young men. Celina has a strong off season program , so I really just think we are having one of those years where injuries are just more so than normal. Will this have any impact on the game Friday. Yeah, but the game will be played and our Coaches and players will make us proud no doubt.

orange machine
11-06-2013, 01:56 PM
[QUOTE=BILLYFRED0000;1778810]

Actually Celina has lost 4 starters for the year. 2 starters out with ACL injuries. 2 starters out with broken collar bones. 1 backup player with a broke leg and 5 other starters hanging on for dear life with injuries that could end their year at anytime. Also Celina will be missing 2 other starters this week also for some issues. So going into this game Celina is missing 6 starters, 1 backup player and 4 with serious injuries that could end their year. 12 injuries total yea they are the walking wounded!!!

Eagle11
11-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Stephenville has had a few minor ones. Nothing major thank goodness.

All should be back before the first game of the playoffs.

DE - Noah, sprained knee
WR - Sweet, broken wrist. Was out the first several games with broken finger. Came back for the Florida game, broke the opposite wrist!
OL - Rocha, hasn't been 100% in a while. Hopefully the bye week will have him back 100%.
leave it to Stephenville to jump in on another thread to talk about The Ville. I have a sister in law that is like that. Something is always worse and more important. JS

hollywood
11-06-2013, 03:08 PM
leave it to Stephenville to jump in on another thread to talk about The Ville. I have a sister in law that is like that. Something is always worse and more important. JS

:tisk:

It's called relating to each others woes. Doesn't mean one is worse than the other Mr. Eagle. ;)

Just proves injuries could hinder a teams strength at any given time.

I think Celina still has depth to overcome it, but it's going to be tough.

Eagle11
11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
:tisk:

It's called relating to each others woes. Doesn't mean one is worse than the other Mr. Eagle. ;)

Just proves injuries could hinder a teams strength at any given time.

I think Celina still has depth to overcome it, but it's going to be tough.

That would be true maybe if you didnt do a break down of all your players for us. The Ville cant handle it when something is not about them. Yes the GOW in RegII isnt about the Ville, i know its hard for you to handle.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
That would be true maybe if you didnt do a break down of all your players for us. The Ville cant handle it when something is not about them. Yes the GOW in RegII isnt about the Ville, i know its hard for you to handle.

Celina/Argyle fans, I apologize in advance. You know I wasn't trying to give "The Ville" more attention. Good-ness! Can't even mention the word Stephenville anymore without somebody getting butt hurt.

Eagle, seems like it's getting under your skin more than the Argyle/Celina fans? I was just conversating with some Celina and Argyle fans and then you jump in from Decatur. No worries.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1778816]

Actually Celina has lost 4 starters for the year. 2 starters out with ACL injuries. 2 starters out with broken collar bones. 1 backup player with a broke leg and 5 other starters hanging on for dear life with injuries that could end their year at anytime. Also Celina will be missing 2 other starters this week also for some issues. So going into this game Celina is missing 6 starters, 1 backup player and 4 with serious injuries that could end their year. 12 injuries total yea they are the walking wounded!!!

That's a tough break! Of the 8 that aren't season ending ones, hope they can get back to 100% sooner than later.

firstdown
11-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Celina/Argyle fans, I apologize in advance. You know I wasn't trying to give "The Ville" more attention. Good-ness! Can't even mention the word Stephenville anymore without somebody getting butt hurt.

Eagle, seems like it's getting under your skin more than the Argyle/Celina fans? I was just conversating with some Celina and Argyle fans and then you jump in from Decatur. No worries.

Your comments didn't bother this red eagle. :wave:

Bullaholic
11-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Not long now before the fur and feathers fly....

hollywood
11-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Your comments didn't bother this red eagle. :wave:

:2thumbsup

hollywood
11-07-2013, 01:48 PM

:fnypost:

bobcat1
11-07-2013, 11:37 PM

Should be a hard fought game. Good luck to both teams and again I pray for good football and injury free for both teams representing our district in the playoffs.:2thumbsup

regaleagle
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
So what uniforms (colorwise) will Celina be wearing tonite??? Argyle has about 6 different combinations they can wear.... and I'm not sure which it will be tonite til gametime. So I guess the question really should be what uniforms will BOTH teams be wearing tonite. Can any Argyle and Celina posters enlighten us before gametime? I'm really pumped for this game, and if I'm pumped.....well, I guess you can figure out the rest. All I can say is that this should be SRO tonite at Eagle Stadium....and I'm glad I have a reserved seat on the 40 about 18 rows up. I do expect to see the starters play most of the game tonite....which means it should be a very competitive affair. I'm also interested in how Nathan Elliot performs at qb for Celina against this stout Argyle D. He's just a junior this season.....this will be a great test for him going forward. And finally, we are all interested in the results of the Aubrey/Ranchview game since the results affect the division Argyle gets in the playoffs....which affects the whole playoff scenario, and even Celina, too.

marler1972
11-08-2013, 02:09 PM
I have heard argyle will be in all black. I have no info on what we are wearing tonight. Ok maybe I do but I am not going to tell. lol

Eagle Nation
11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
If Argyle is wering all black, hopefully no one is blinded by the helmets. It will reflect the stadium lights.

Eagle Nation
11-08-2013, 05:13 PM
This game will air on KTXA @ 1030 tonight

Aguilafanatico
11-08-2013, 06:25 PM
This game will air on KTXA @ 1030 tonight

Black out tonight. All black!