PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 GOTW: Monahans (5-3, 3-1) @ Big Spring (7-2, 3-1)

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2013, 01:19 PM
With it being the only nominee for Region it gets the nod.

Not to downplay it but it should be good.

tex_male
11-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Maybe someone with closer knowledge could answer the injured report. Monahans leading rusher went out in earlier 1st Qt again.

This up coming game against Big Spring is the topic now.

Monahans needs to resolve the ball moving!

Big Spring is on a roll with a good offense. Going to be a tough one to defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

regaleagle
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Even if Monahans didn't have their leading carrier out, this would be a tough out for them. I'ma thinkin' Big Spring is looking pretty dangerous offensively. Whenever a team continuously puts up alot of points each game, there's cause to believe they will keep doing it. If they can figure out how to plug in some guys to play better defensively, this Big Spring team would be a very formidable opponent in the Region I playoffs, JMO. I'm taking Big Spring to win this one by 2 tds or more.

EagleEye
11-03-2013, 10:02 AM
The only thing I know at this point about #44 Jasso is that he tried to go friday but just couldnt make cuts or put the pressure on it that real speed requires. I talked to his father who said it was just a bad sprain but seemed to be hanging on as they will do. Will he play against Big Spring I do not know. Sure hope so as we sure need him. I also heard a worrisome conversation at the game friday. There is some talk starting that Coach Owens may be looking for a new coaching job as his final child graduates this year. May be just some disgruntled talk from some parents whose kids don't get to play much but who knows. I sure hope not as he has been a good coach here and the kids seem to like him and respect him.

slingshot
11-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Big Spring by 14...

VWG
11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Owens is a great coach.
Look around the state though... and most guys have a good run at one school for about 6-8 years, then it's off to another job. There are those that have longstanding careers at one school like Johnston at Childress, Sandifer at A. Wylie, Johnny Taylor at Idalou, Danaher at Calallen, Barbay at Newton, etc.... but for the most part if a guy makes it 6-8 years at one place he's doing something right at the administration level and at the athletic level.

EagleEye
11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Yeah you are right. We get so used to things we fear change. Someone told me today that Owens has done his time and if he has a chance to move up he should take it. I agree he has to take care of his own career too. Now watch after all this he will be there next year. LOL

garciap77
11-03-2013, 10:44 PM
BS by 7.

Tres Lobos
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
It'll be a tough one for the Loboes this week, but I think they'll squeak out a W by 3. On Coach Owens leaving, it's not happening. Go Loboes

hollywood
11-04-2013, 12:33 PM
It'll be a tough one for the Loboes this week, but I think they'll squeak out a W by 3. On Coach Owens leaving, it's not happening. Go Loboes

Thanks for clarifying. ;)

This is going to be a slobber knocker of a game. District championship on the line. Both teams will be well prepared.

slingshot
11-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Have seen both teams up close and personal--Big Spring takes it... bigger, faster, playing at home against a long time rival. Memorial Stadium will be a raucous place Friday night!

Sweetwater Red
11-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Memorial Stadium will be a raucous place Friday night!

I have no doubt about this. Big Spring brought a good crowd to Sweetwater that was inspired to say the least.
Their student section was cheering the entire game and their band was loud and proud for four quarters and
put on one heckuva halftime show. I actually felt bad for our band having to perform after them. To be honest,
watching their side of the field kind of made me miss our old 4A days when we were new to winning.

But hey, they've got new facilities, a winning team on the field and great fan support this season. I'm truly
happy for them and who knows, maybe they can give Stephenville a run.

loboes86
11-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Monahans 17 ,Big Spring 0 at the half.

westtxfballfan
11-08-2013, 10:30 PM
24-0 loboes after 3 quarters.

loboes86
11-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Final 31 Monahans, Big Spring 0.

slingshot
11-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Final 31 Monahans, Big Spring 0.Wow. Shocked to say the least! Good game Loboes!

EagleEye
11-09-2013, 12:53 AM
WQay to go Loboes. I love you guys. Way to stand tall. District Champs again.

regaleagle
11-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Somebody found their big stick and put the whack on a scoring team.....wonder who that was? Good going Loboes..... I thought Big Spring would be able to put the points up.

ccmom
11-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Nice way to bounce back Loboes...congrats!!

tex_male
11-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Nice way to bounce back Loboes...congrats!!

None knows who that team was that showed up last week against Sweetwater!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Didn't grades come out this week? :thinking:

tex_male
11-09-2013, 02:01 AM
So you are trying to say that the good Big Spring players failed is to why they couldn't score or keep Monahans out of the end zone?? LMFAO *** ever!!!

loboes86
11-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Are you saying that's why Wylie beat Sweetwater last night ?
Didn't grades come out this week? :thinking:

slingshot
11-09-2013, 10:05 AM

Same feeling we had when we didn't know who that team in purple was that showed up at Monahans a few weeks ago...

loboes86
11-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Same feeling we had when we didn't know who that team in purple was that showed up at Monahans a few weeks ago...We understand ! Not to take anything from Sweetwater because they showed up to play against Monahans like they always do. Just one of those things that make you say Hmmmmm.:confused: