PDA

View Full Version : Smithville has the best concessions in this neck of the woods, far and away!

1st and goal
11-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I like to sample concession food most of the time. One thing I hate is the nacho cheese that is gold colored and comes out of a gallon can. Yuck. Horrible.

Well, after I saw a few peeps coming up into the stands with some good looking homemade queso looking nachos, I figured I better see for myself.

I am not sure who is responsible for their concessions, but they are awesome. The queso seemed to be a home made blend of white American cheese and some rotel and/or some other spices. It had a decent kick without jalepenos, but they had jalepenos if you wanted on the side. I would say it was a cross between Casa Ole and Papasito's queso.

Also had a smoked sausage wrap which was really good sausage. Not that cheap fatty crap that burns itself to death on a pit, but good stuff like the early day Opa's from Fredericksburg, or E&J's from Shiner.

I was way to full to try the BBQ burger, chips and drink special for $5

What an unexpected treat, and kudos for those responsible. It's worth the trip just for the eats. :)

Old Tiger
11-02-2013, 11:33 AM
I like to sample concession food most of the time. One thing I hate is the nacho cheese that is gold colored and comes out of a gallon can. Yuck. Horrible.

Well, after I saw a few peeps coming up into the stands with some good looking homemade queso looking nachos, I figured I better see for myself.

I am not sure who is responsible for their concessions, but they are awesome. The queso seemed to be a home made blend of white American cheese and some rotel and/or some other spices. It had a decent kick without jalepenos, but they had jalepenos if you wanted on the side. I would say it was a cross between Casa Ole and Papasito's queso.

Also had a smoked sausage wrap which was really good sausage. Not that cheap fatty crap that burns itself to death on a pit, but good stuff like the early day Opa's from Fredericksburg, or E&J's from Shiner.

I was way to full to try the BBQ burger, chips and drink special for $5

What an unexpected treat, and kudos for those responsible. It's worth the trip just for the eats. :)
g2 would like to have a word with you regarding your second sentence and quite frankly I would too. That cheese is liquid gold! Just add japs. What is gross is when they try to offer chili

bag-o-chips
11-02-2013, 12:29 PM
If you ever want the worst concession food on God's Green earth then head over to Navarro for the nastiest food ever! They can make a hot dog be the most putrid food on earth and could care less!

1st and goal
11-03-2013, 07:03 PM
If you ever want the worst concession food on God's Green earth then head over to Navarro for the nastiest food ever! They can make a hot dog be the most putrid food on earth and could care less!

Yah, I hate it when they buy the cheap 50 cent package of franks and sell them for $2. on a dry bun or covered with that crappy canned gold crap they try to call cheese food.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-03-2013, 07:07 PM
If you want good concession food, head on down to Port Isabel for some of the best damn Fajita Tacos you'll ever eat.

They're made fresh at the game by the PI Quarterback Club. Those boys know how to grill some good Fajitas!

1st and goal
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
How do they keep the sand out?

Will they sell a botana plater?

:)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-03-2013, 07:39 PM
How do they keep the sand out?

Will they sell a botana plater?

:)

Sand? Son, you must be mistaken. We don't play our games on South Padre Island. Our stadium is near the bay, not the beach. HUGE difference. There may be a rogue mullet in the tacos, that's about it.

1st and goal
11-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Yum, mullet tacos.

Mullet, hardhead, whatever.....put some seasoning on it with cilantro

hookandladder
11-03-2013, 07:48 PM
My sister used to be the lead person on concessions stand at most all Smithville sporting events, the cheese queso is homemade and the sausage and Chopped BBQ comes from Zimmerhanzels BBQ in town which is the best all around BBQ around. Their sausage is as good or better then my family sausage , which is just down the road. Good stuff.

1st and goal
11-03-2013, 07:52 PM
My sister used to be the lead person on concessions stand at most all Smithville sporting events, the cheese queso is homemade and the sausage and Chopped BBQ comes from Zimmerhanzels BBQ in town which is the best all around BBQ around. Their sausage is as good or better then my family sausage , which is just down the road. Good stuff.

You see Hook,,,,,I really do know what I'm talkin' 'bout. :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Yum, mullet tacos.

Mullet, hardhead, whatever.....put some seasoning on it with cilantro

They've got a whole table full of fix'ins next to the grill. I'm sure there's some cilantro there too. I know there's homemade pico de gallo there too. Now that's some good $#!^!