PDA

View Full Version : Nominate Week 10 GOTW

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I'll take nominees until 1pm

Region 1

Monahans vs. Big Spring (Despite Monahans losing to Sweetwater in Week 9 this is a HUGE game)

Region 2 (Region 2 should get 2 GOTW threads)

Celina @ Argyle
Gilmer @ Kilgore

Need I say more?

Region 3

Silsbee @ West Orange Stark (Both teams are 5-0 in district Division 1 seeding is up for grabs)
Fairfield @ Palestine

Region

Wimberley @ Boerne (Can the Texans salvage the season with a playoff spot?)
Orange Grove @ Ingleside (District Title)
Cuero @ La Grange (District Title)
Somerset @ La Vernia

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 09:28 AM
R4: Cuero@La Grange for District 26 Championship

gobbla4life
11-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Cuero at LaGrange for D26 title , man it should be a good one.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Orange Grove (8-1) at Ingleside (7-2)

Ingleside wins they claim district championship by themselves since 2007, a Orange Grove win sets up a tri champions for the 2nd consecutive year. Would setup Sinton with 6 straight, Orange Grove with 4 straight and Ingleside with 2 straight district titles. Go Bulldgos!! :)

99IHSMustang
11-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Ingleside @ OG. It is going to be a good one.

slingshot
11-02-2013, 10:19 AM
R1--Monahans at Big Spring... may have to sneak off and make this one

adoptedbuckeye
11-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Gilmer-Kilgore and Celina-Argyle both have the same scenario. Battle of the unbeatens for district bragging rights and both probably (depending on Argyle's situation) going different divisions in playoffs.

I'm voting for my East Texas teams as GOTW but I'll definitely be interested in Celina and Argyle scoring updates on here as well.

I really think these deserve split GOTW threads because 4 undefeateds will be reduced to 2 by the end of next Friday night.

MustangFootball
11-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Ingleside vs Orange Grove is going to be a good one....Ingleside was in the same situation last year to win the district out right before falling to OG and having to share the title. The Mustangs are looking to win it out right and claim their 5 district title since 2006.

Go Mustangs!!!!

regaleagle
11-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Aubrey vs. Ranchview.....just kidding, haha. I'll be flying into Love Field on Wednesday for the Argyle/Celina battle. I suspect this game and the Gilmer/Kilgore game will be two of the top games of the week in 3A this season. Kilgore is looking mighty formidable to me right now, and we all know how good and how deep Gilmer is. Argyle's season starts this week with Celina....the prelims are over. The Eagles will be playing without Sam Sizelove from here on out, but has many weapons and a great, great defense....probably the very best defense in 3A this season. I suspect both games will be very exciting and worth the price of admission....if you can get a ticket.

LV_Bearfan
11-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Cuero/lagrange

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Cuero/lagrange

No Somerset/La Vernia??

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Tough choice in Reg III.

Fairfield is on a roll. They beat Mexia 72-0 while Palestine survived the Blackcats by beating them 32-13. I think this game will be close early but the Eagles will show why they will be a force to take REG 3 Division 2.

WOS vs Silsbee- I don't think that this game will be as close as we all believed heading into the season. WOS wins this matchup by 21.

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Since there is a lack of new nominees I will accept nominations for another hour so we can start voting after that.

Aguilafanatico
11-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Aubrey vs. Ranchview.....just kidding, haha. I'll be flying into Love Field on Wednesday for the Argyle/Celina battle. I suspect this game and the Gilmer/Kilgore game will be two of the top games of the week in 3A this season. Kilgore is looking mighty formidable to me right now, and we all know how good and how deep Gilmer is. Argyle's season starts this week with Celina....the prelims are over. The Eagles will be playing without Sam Sizelove from here on out, but has many weapons and a great, great defense....probably the very best defense in 3A this season. I suspect both games will be very exciting and worth the price of admission....if you can get a ticket.

Whoa, two huge match ups in R2. I would love to see the Gilmer v Kilgore matchup but will be forced to attend the Argyle v Celina slugfest:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:. Sam is a beast and maybe more importantly, a huge team leader. He will be sorely missed. I do agree however that the team is deep, both in talent and in leadership. They will certainly not fold and I expect them to rally as a result of the loss. Coach Rodgers and staff have do e an outstanding job of working in the younger guys throughout the year and you are starting to see the results. The "kids" have been very impressive. Now is the chance for a few guys to step up, grab the rope and show what they can do.

Celina week is here, let the games begin!

Celina8
11-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Regal, you know I think the game between Ranchview and Aubrey will actually be the game of the week. If Aubrey wins then I see Gilmer having a clear path to another State Title, and Stephenville will meet Argyle in the Semis with the winner of that game going on to win the DI Title. If Ranchview wins by more than 9 points then just vice versa for Stephenville. History is constantly being set, but the outcome of that history always has moments that either define or determine the outcome of that History...(I saw that statement being used on the Military Channel when talking about the "Battle of Bastogne " in WWII) I think the game between Ranchview and Aubrey is important because it determines who plays Argyle in the playoffs. That game has State Implications for so many other teams. That is why I say Ranchview and Aubrey as their game is significant not just for them but Stephenville and Gilmer as well.

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Region III

La Marque vs Stafford for the district championship

bd62
11-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Cuero-Lagrange for 263A Dist Champs

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Region III

La Marque vs Stafford for the district championship

Both teams have great run games; defensive edge goes to La Marque. Stafford has a passing game that La Marque lacks but you don't want to play LM at the E.

I think LM gets the job done and makes it 2 DC's in a row.

zebrablue2
11-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Region 4, Bellville vs Sealy, big time rivalry game...

pirate4state
11-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Ingleside-OG