PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 GOTW: Cuero (6-2, 3-1) @ La Grange (8-0, 4-0)

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Here we go folks the game the Leps have been waiting all year for. A chance to avenge the loss in Cuero in 2012 and win the District Championship. The Leps have gotten back into their groove after a convincing win over a stubborn and tenacious Bulldog team last night and have a week to prepare for a showdown in Leopard Stadium Friday. The Lep D stepped up big time last night to neutralize the dynamic running game of Yoakum's athletic Qb Hights and get the stops needed to allow the ball control running game to establish the winning tempo of the game. Can they do the same to a determined Gobbler team intent on getting the DC for themselves? I think so. Leps by 14.

speedbump
11-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Here we go folks the game the Leps have been waiting all year for. A chance to avenge the loss in Cuero in 2012 and win the District Championship. The Leps have gotten back into their groove after a convincing win over a stubborn and tenacious Bulldog team last night and have a week to prepare for a showdown in Leopard Stadium Friday. The Lep D stepped up big time last night to neutralize the dynamic running game of Yoakum's athletic Qb Hights and get the stops needed to allow the ball control running game to establish the winning tempo of the game. Can they do the same to a determined Gobbler team intent on getting the DC for themselves? I don't think so. Leps by 14.

You don't think so??? Better have another cup of coffee Pud.

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 07:52 AM
You don't think so??? Better have another cup of coffee Pud.

Oh my, you're right, more coffee please. Leps will win by 14+. Thanks for the save speedy.

44INAROW
11-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Hi Pud. I fixed it for you. That's the one thing I know how to do😜😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi Pud. I fixed it for you. That's the one thing I know how to do

Very funny, now fix it back.:tisk:

bd62
11-02-2013, 11:46 AM
This will be a great atmosphere for dist champs and calls over to
Giddings to see if Lagrange is D1 or D2. The way this dist ending should be
Decide it on the field. What a great 2 yrs of class teams and some very great
games. The makeup of this dist will change after this year but it been
fun and what a great and class fan base these school have.

Lonestars06
11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
So I am educated man, but based on what I have read how does Giddings have a chance to get in to the playoffs with the loss to Gonzalez, but a win over Yoakum gets them in?.....I have been out of the loop for a while, so I understand 4 teams go? Break down for me please.

Blue42
11-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh my, you're right, more coffee please. Leps will win by 14+. Thanks for the save speedy.

Da wird der Hund in der Pfanne verrückt

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 12:58 PM
So I am educated man, but based on what I have read how does Giddings have a chance to get in to the playoffs with the loss to Gonzalez, but a win over Yoakum gets them in?.....I have been out of the loop for a while, so I understand 4 teams go? Break down for me please.

OK here is how Giddings gets in with a win over Yoakum

4 teams go right now no matter what happens Friday LG and Cuero are in. GZ plays SV and if GZ wins GZ is in at the third spot. GZ will be the heavy favorite against SV. If Giddings beats Yoakum both are tied at 2-3 but Giddings gets in on head to head. If GZ loses and Giddings wins it will go to points on a 3 way tie for 3rd and head to head for 4th. GZ beat both Giddings and Yoakum so they are in. Giddings beat Yoakum so they are in. Got it? Yoakum must win to get in or Giddings gets in.:vrycnfsd:

bd62
11-02-2013, 01:18 PM

If Giddings win both teams would be 2-3 and Giddings would be in playoffs
Gonzales beat them both so they are in .

bd62
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Pud your post sums it up good.

44INAROW
11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Very funny, now fix it back.:tisk:

I am rofl. I was half asleep I guess and thought I was fixing it but you'd already fixed it. So it's fixed (again haha) 😜🏈

speedbump
11-02-2013, 02:10 PM

The Leopard in the pan.

bd62
11-02-2013, 02:29 PM

Blue is the vapors in Houston getting to you.Lol
Are you going to make it to game next Thursday and Friday

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I am rofl. I was half asleep I guess and thought I was fixing it but you'd already fixed it. So it's fixed (again haha) ����

Yeah we both needed more coffee this AM LOL.

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 02:33 PM
The Leopard in the pan.

The Leopard in the pan..is wild.

Blue42
11-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Blue is the vapors in Houston getting to you.Lol
Are you going to make it to game next Thursday and Friday

I will be off but may be going to the Goliad Homecoming game Friday (you know to sign autographs and stuff)as we will be having our 30 year class reunion the next day. But I will be keeping up with the action on my phone. May sound funny a Go Mean Green in the middle of the Goliad home side.

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Look for another big defensive effort from the Leps Friday. They have been very effective defending the run in the district play thus far and have been consistently effective against the past all year. Yoakum's ace Qb was pretty well contained last night and our secondary was lights out on pass defense. Cuero relies on the power running game with their big tailback. It will be a challenge for the Leps to contain him and get the stops needed to give the offense working room to control the tempo of the game. The Leps are averaging 44 points per game and give up an average of 18 while Cuero averages 27 points per game and gives up an average of 21. Cuero will try to control the clock with their running game and keep the Leps offense off the field like Giddings did two weeks ago. Our defense will need to step up once again to prevent that from happening.

Weebe
11-02-2013, 11:43 PM
La Grange will win easily because the rest of 26-3a is very average.

Pudlugger
11-03-2013, 08:19 AM

After round one we will see how the rest of D26 is "very average". My prediction is a split 2-2 or 3-1 for D26 if LG and Gonzales go D1 and Cuero and Yoakum go D2.

iFootball
11-03-2013, 09:01 AM

How so?

Pudlugger
11-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Just trying to stir the pot, eh Weebe? We've seen this all year from D25. There is nothing new here. We'll just keep our powder dry until after week one in the playoffs.

Lonestars06
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks..that clears it up....need to get back to Texas!

duckhunter
11-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Agreed.

Pudlugger
11-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Agreed.

If Yoakum wins Friday this is what I see happening:
D1 La Grange beats Sealy
Gonzales beats El Campo
D2 Cuero beats Wharton
Bellville beats Yoakum

D26>D25.:stirpot:

1st and goal
11-03-2013, 08:11 PM
D1 La Grange beats Sealy
Gonzales beats El Campo
D2 Cuero beats Wharton
Bellville beats Yoakum

What if Giddings wins?

Pudlugger
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM
What if Giddings wins?

Well that changes things a bit. If LG beats Cuero:

D1 Gonzales beats Sealy
El Campo beats Giddings:stirpot:

D2 La Grange beats Wharton
Bellville beats Cuero:stirpot:

D25=d26 @ 2-2

If Cuero beats LG: D1 unchanged
D2 Cuero beats Wharton
LG beats Bellville

D26>D25 3-1:stirpot:

speedbump
11-03-2013, 09:33 PM
D1 La Grange beats Sealy
Gonzales beats El Campo
D2 Cuero beats Wharton
Bellville beats Yoakum

Nope - LG squeaks by Sealy
EC beats Gonzales
Cuero edges Wharton by the customary 1
Bellville beats Yoakum

Weebe
11-03-2013, 09:39 PM
After round one we will see how the rest of D26 is "very average". My prediction is a split 2-2 or 3-1 for D26 if LG and Gonzales go D1 and Cuero and Yoakum go D2.

Where did I say D25 had elite teams?

Pudlugger
11-03-2013, 09:44 PM
I just assumed it I guess. Sorry if that was my error.:)

Pudlugger
11-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Not many Cuero posters on this thread. What's up with that? Cuero has a shot at the District Championship so you'd think the chatter would be intense but so far only bd62 showed up to talk about the Gobbler's chances. I think La Grange will be fired up for this game with the DC riding on it. Good news is that one of our two injured starting lineman was back Friday and played the entire game without a hitch. Thankfully the injury was not as severe as first thought(Achilles tendon/pulled gastrocnemious). Now our O line is cooking and the Leps offense is firing on all cylinders again. Our other injured OT should need 3-4 more weeks to heal which would be round 2 or 3 which is a huge motivational factor for this team going into the playoffs as he is a team leader and outstanding offensive lineman. The community is solidly behind this team and folks are really excited about our prospects. I expect a sold out stadium for Friday. This will be the seniors last home game and they will want the win for the Championship. It will be playoff atmosphere for sure.

Spursfan
11-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I think Cuero's defense is very unrated!! They have a bend but don't break style. That showed against Gonzals. Giving up a ton of yards but lmited the big plays and got some BIG thjrd and forth down stops!! Should be a great one if Cuero can control the clock and limit the big plays!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1stnurseryman
11-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Not many Cuero posters on this thread. What's up with that? Cuero has a shot at the District Championship so you'd think the chatter would be intense but so far only bd62 showed up to talk about the Gobbler's chances. I think La Grange will be fired up for this game with the DC riding on it. Good news is that one of our two injured starting lineman was back Friday and played the entire game without a hitch. Thankfully the injury was not as severe as first thought(Achilles tendon/pulled gastrocnemious). Now our O line is cooking and the Leps offense is firing on all cylinders again. Our other injured OT should need 3-4 more weeks to heal which would be round 2 or 3 which is a huge motivational factor for this team going into the playoffs as he is a team leader and outstanding offensive lineman. The community is solidly behind this team and folks are really excited about our

prospects. I expect a sold out stadium for Friday. This will be the seniors last home game and they will want the win for the Championship. It will be

playoff atmosphere for sure.
Hell it's not like La Grange is tearing up the board... By the way is Hook ok?

1stnurseryman
11-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Ok Pud I no my math no to gudd but I tink u only poster from lag range

Pudlugger
11-04-2013, 09:52 PM
That is pretty much how its been lately. Hook and I try to keep up our end of the stick but it would be nice if more LG fans weighed in. I commented on the Cuero posters 'cause they have more fans on this board then Leps by far and I was expecting more action from them. I don't hold such high expectations for Lep fans as all season it has been just hook and I. Maybe if the Leps get deep into the playoffs we'll pick up a few more posters jumping on the band wagon here. I always read and enjoy Cuero posters, they are some of the best informed 3a fans in Texas. Please don't take my post as a dig I just wanted to nudge yall a little. :)

1stnurseryman
11-04-2013, 10:32 PM
U can't hurt my feelings... I think Cuero has a very good team when they hit on all cylinders if that don't they're just avg.. To be in the game this Friday the must being firing on all cylinders. This year is so different than last year no excuses D title is at stake. Good to hear y'all got one of ur lineman back that makes a huge difference.. If ya can't get up for this Friday ya probably don't have a pulse..

gobbla4life
11-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Your right nursery , when we come too play we can play with the best of them , and when we don't ( well we are average)! Pud , that's sad that you and hook are the only ones on the board , cause it's not like LG doesn't have a rich tradition in football as well. I think I speak for a lot of Cuero folks , when I say , Cuero is one of those young teams , and we are just not sure how thing will go from game to game. But these kids have lots of fight in them , so I think we will hold our own.

GO MRAN GREEN!!

GU_81
11-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Pud - I didn't take offense to what you said or consider it a dig at Cuero fans. I understand your intent to stimulate dialogue on the board, because it can get stagnant and sometimes boring when nothing related to our teams is posted. In regard to Cuero, I consider many fans, including myself, to be objective, realistic fans. We support our team through thick and thin and of course, always want and hope for them to win. On the other hand, we are not blinded by our weaknesses nor naïve enough to think no other team compares to ours. It doesn't make us any less fans than those who always thinks their team will win regardless of the circumstances (or reality). It is one thing to a team fan. It is another to be a totally biased homer
I'll admit I am new to the board this year and haven't gone back and read what was posted previously by others. However, in my short time of reading this forum, there is plenty of kool-aid talk by some 3A team fans. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and in some instances, I think the posters actually believe the kool-aid they are pushing. Again, this is just my personal opinion, but I am not going to post smack or totally biased opinions of my team just because they are my team. I am much more interested in rational dialogue and discussions on strategies, strengths, and weaknesses.
Go Gobblers!

Tejastrue
11-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Deja vu..Gobblers win again.

GU_81
11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Since Pud wants to hear more from Cuero and in an effort to provide some lighthearted humor to the board, I will now make posts on behalf of Pud and YT as if they were Cuero fans.

Pud the Cuero Fan: Here we go folks! District championship on the line. With the exception of a slight hiccup in Yoakum, the Gobblers have proved themselves to be the cream of the crop in the district. The Defense is vastly underrated but has proven to step up to the challenge every time they are on the field. On offense, Cuero probably has the best running back in the district in D'Anthony Hopkins. La Grange will need to devise their entire game plan to stop him - which I think they will try to do but will not be successful. The question is, which team will the Gobblers see on Friday? Will it be the undefeated La Grange team that has pretty much blown out every team they faced besides Giddings? or will it be the La Grange team similar to last season that had the district championship in the grasp, only to let the Gobblers bear it out of their hands? Either way, should be a great game! I say Gobblers by 53.

YTGobblers: First off, everyone is going to have to wait until tomorrow for my game prediction that Cuero will win. La Grange is a scary, formidable opponent, who has beaten the tar out of almost everyone they faced. The Gobblers are truly going to bring their A-game if they have any hopes of grabbing the district championship. That being said, I think our boys are up the challenge. Nothing seems too big for the moment to even phase these guys. Our practice today was the best Tuesday practice of the year and our guys won today. Last week's win versus Gonzales was huge, but it was only one step in the mission to win the district. Next step in the mission - The Leopards. One day at a time, one game at a time...Go Mean Green!

:fnypost:

Weebe
11-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Since Pud wants to hear more from Cuero and in an effort to provide some lighthearted humor to the board, I will now make posts on behalf of Pud and YT as if they were Cuero fans.

Pud the Cuero Fan: Here we go folks! District championship on the line. With the exception of a slight hiccup in Yoakum, the Gobblers have proved themselves to be the cream of the crop in the district. The Defense is vastly underrated but has proven to step up to the challenge every time they are on the field. On offense, Cuero probably has the best running back in the district in D'Anthony Hopkins. La Grange will need to devise their entire game plan to stop him - which I think they will try to do but will not be successful. The question is, which team will the Gobblers see on Friday? Will it be the undefeated La Grange team that has pretty much blown out every team they faced besides Giddings? or will it be the La Grange team similar to last season that had the district championship in the grasp, only to let the Gobblers bear it out of their hands? Either way, should be a great game! I say Gobblers by 53.

YTGobblers: First off, everyone is going to have to wait until tomorrow for my game prediction that Cuero will win. La Grange is a scary, formidable opponent, who has beaten the tar out of almost everyone they faced. The Gobblers are truly going to bring their A-game if they have any hopes of grabbing the district championship. That being said, I think our boys are up the challenge. Nothing seems too big for the moment to even phase these guys. Our practice today was the best Tuesday practice of the year and our guys won today. Last week's win versus Gonzales was huge, but it was only one step in the mission to win the district. Next step in the mission - The Leopards. One day at a time, one game at a time...Go Mean Green!

Awesome post. Lots of cheerleading going on with those two.

Pudlugger
11-05-2013, 06:47 AM

Scary good parody right there.

btw GU_81 Just to keep the record straight LG still won district last year despite the loss to Cuero in 2012 (4-1 v 3-2).:)

hookandladder
11-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Hell it's not like La Grange is tearing up the board... By the way is Hook ok?

I here, just been busy. It is Duck season and heading down to my Bay house for a little hunting this weekend, with no one playing them ducks are more important right now. I see this game being a little different then last year, LG has a little more to play for this year with the Outright District champoinship on the line and a undefeated regular season. Last year this game meant nothing as far as a Championship and playoff seedings, not knocking last years Cuero team because they were a solid team and deserving of the playoffs. I see LG stacking the LOS and manning up on the WR to stop the Cuero running game , on offense LG is going to keep doing what they do best and that is running the ball to open the play action pass. I see La Grange in this one, puliing away in the second half. LG 35-7

Pudlugger
11-05-2013, 08:38 AM
How effective is Cuero in throwing the football? LG will force them to pass the ball with their defense against the run.

buff4ever
11-05-2013, 09:47 AM

Good fun here GU. Pud was around before YT and I called these type of post Pudlike. They have both mastered the chearleading through the downlow with a little flare for the dramatic. But it is all good I suppose.

Old Green
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
How effective is Cuero in throwing the football? LG will force them to pass the ball with their defense against the run.Cuero is pretty effective throwing the ball. As a team, they have 958 passing yards, 10 tds to 12 different recievers. Jared Vernor is the leading passer, 62 of 96 passing, 64.58 completion percentage, 792 yards, 8 tds, 5 int.

44INAROW
11-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Last year this game meant nothing as far as a Championship and playoff seedings, not knocking last years Cuero team because they were a solid team and deserving of the playoffs.7:fnypost:

I've been waiting on this kind of comment - figured it be brought up :weeping:........... will we win? - who knows but I sure hope so.. That's why we play the game! There is no one on God's green earth that will convince me that LG didn't want to win and do everything in their power to win that game last year - never - nope not never. HC wife's alma mater - Please, and as GU said, I'm not drinking that Kool Aid.

I totally agree with Weebe - GU's post very clever and good natured... Glad we have YT and Pud - they've kept the board going......... keep it up guys :)

Pudlugger
11-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Forget about last year folks the Leps want the District Championship and will play to win like they have all year. If Cuero thinks they will have their way with the Leps Friday they will be unpleasantly surprised after the first hit. La Grange will establish control of the LOS and force the Gobblers out of their game plan with their defense against the run. Oh, btw, if Cuero tries to throw against #22 'cause he's small and a freshman well go ahead and do it LOL. He totally frustrated the Yoakum passing attack with his outstanding defensive play.

hookandladder
11-05-2013, 10:24 AM

I've been waiting on this kind of comment - figured it be brought up :weeping:........... will we win? - who knows but I sure hope so.. That's why we plan the game! There is no one on God's green earth that will convince me that LG didn't want to win and do everything in their power to win that game last year - never - nope not never. HC wife's alma mater - Please, and as GU said, I'm not drinking that Kool Aid.

Yea I figuire you woud touch on that, Kool Aid or not it is what it is. Wife's alma mater , give me a freaking break.

1stnurseryman
11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Forget about last year folks the Leps want the District Championship and will play to win like they have all year. If Cuero thinks they will have their way with the Leps Friday they will be unpleasantly surprised after the first hit. La Grange will establish control of the LOS and force the Gobblers out of their game plan with their defense against the run. Oh, btw, if Cuero tries to throw against #22 'cause he's small and a freshman well go ahead and do it LOL. He totally frustrated the Yoakum passing attack with his outstanding defensive play.

I think their game plan will surprise the leps causing them to have to make some adjustments.

hookandladder
11-05-2013, 11:09 AM
I think their game plan will surprise the leps causing them to have to make some adjustments.

Well I can tell you La Grange will have no surprise game plan, stop the run on defense and pound the rock on offense. Mix in a couple passes here and there and pound the rock some more, it will be nothing special just the same as last week.

bd62
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Lagrange is by far the strongest team in dist. That don't mean Cuero
want upset them but I personally don't think they will.Cuero, Yoakum, Gonzales, and Giddings
are about even

1stnurseryman
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Lagrange is by far the strongest team in dist. That don't mean Cuero
want upset them but I personally don't think they will.Cuero, Yoakum, Gonzales, and Giddings
are about even
I like it win u pick us to lose bd62 those are the games we've won so for..

1stnurseryman
11-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Well I can tell you La Grange will have no surprise game plan, stop the run on defense and pound the rock on offense. Mix in a couple passes here and there and pound the rock some more, it will be nothing special just the same as last week.

Sometimes adding a new wrinkle to what you already do can be a game changer. Feel like we caught Gonzales by surprise with our wildcat formation. For us to even keep the game close we must eliminate turnovers and penalties are we'll get thumped however if we do keep it close it could be a very exciting game.

Blue42
11-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Gehen Meine Grün !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bd62
11-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I like it win u pick us to lose bd62 those are the games we've won so for..

You right.Any way I can help. I be there watching pulling for Cuero . . I have 4 grandsons in Cuero. One already
Played and is in college. One is in jr high so I will go to Lagrange twice. The game I thought
Cuero would win was Yoakum so I am terrible at picking winners. But a lots of folks missed that one.

Old Green
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
How Mobile is the Leopard QB ? What are his stats running and passing this year ? Seems thru history of Gobbler football if you look it up has had problems with scrambling Qb's that can run or pass.

Pudlugger
11-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Sometimes adding a new wrinkle to what you already do can be a game changer. Feel like we caught Gonzales by surprise with our wildcat formation. For us to even keep the game close we must eliminate turnovers and penalties are we'll get thumped however if we do keep it close it could be a very exciting game.

The Leps have not dug very deep into their playbook yet. I would not be surprised if Coach Kates has a few interesting plays up his sleeve for this game.

Pudlugger
11-05-2013, 08:20 PM
How Mobile is the Leopard QB ? What are his stats running and passing this year ? Seems thru history of Gobbler football if you look it up has had problems with scrambling Qb's that can run or pass.

#12 Davis is very fast and has great moves. I don't have his stats, maybe hook can help out with that. I do know he is very accurate, with a strong arm, makes good decisions and can tuck and run for good yardage when the coverage is tight. He is one of the fastest backs on the team and we have some fast running backs. I think he has had only one interception all year. He definitely can scramble.

1stnurseryman
11-05-2013, 09:43 PM
The Leps have not dug very deep into their playbook yet. I would not be surprised if Coach Kates has a few interesting plays up his sleeve for this game.

And that rite there is why these 2 teams r playing for the District title.. Two quality coach's

gobbla4life
11-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Only Tuesday , but can't wait till Friday. Two quality , rich football programs are gonna decide this district the way it should be , last game of the regular season , for D26 title! Gobblers will be ready !

GO MEAN GEEEN!!

Pudlugger
11-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Looks like folks on this board think the LG Leopards will lose Friday night based of the poll. Maybe they think the Leps are too complacent or that they are overrated. The Giddings game where the Leps won by a td probably has something to do with it. Friday night the Leps can make a statement and establish their credibility as a dominating force in 3a or they can settle for a share of the DC with Cuero. Leopard pride is at stake. I expect a playoff atmosphere and a very intense and exciting game. I know Cuero will be ready and will want the win for the DC as much as LG so it boils down to the best team wins. Go Leps!

speedbump
11-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Looks like folks on this board think the LG Leopards will lose Friday night based of the poll. Maybe they think the Leps are too complacent or that they are overrated. The Giddings game where the Leps won by a td probably has something to do with it. Friday night the Leps can make a statement and establish their credibility as a dominating force in 3a or they can settle for a share of the DC with Cuero. Leopard pride is at stake. I expect a playoff atmosphere and a very intense and exciting game. I know Cuero will be ready and will want the win for the DC as much as LG so it boils down to the best team wins. Go Leps!

LaGrange wins by at least 14. Dominating force in 3A is a bit of a stretch though.

Pudlugger
11-06-2013, 08:46 AM
LaGrange wins by at least 14. Dominating force in 3A is a bit of a stretch though.

Granted that might take a few more wins.

Apache91
11-06-2013, 08:52 AM
My opinion, which don't mean much, Cuero has a bend don't break defense. LaGrange runs the ball too well and can throw it. Just don't think Cuero can keep up.

hollywood
11-06-2013, 10:35 AM
La Grange by 7

This will be a slug fest. Going to be a great game for FNL.

1stnurseryman
11-06-2013, 12:04 PM

I think it's because there's a lot more Cuero posters (homer votes) I know mine was. I just can't bring myself to vote against them and I honestly think if Cuero doesn't make costly mistakes they'll have their chances.

ApachePride
11-06-2013, 12:15 PM

District 26-3A
Clinched Berth: La Grange, Cuero (DII), Gonzales (DI)
Still Alive: Yoakum, Giddings
Key Games: Cuero at La Grange, Yoakum at Giddings
Many moving parts here with two different teams. Yoakum and Giddings will play for the final playoff spot; the winner is in, the loser is out. Gonzales is already in by virtue of wins over both Yoakum and Giddings. If Yoakum wins, La Grange (1) and Gonzales (2) will be the DI reps, and Cuero would need to beat La Grange to clinch the top DII spot over Yoakum. If Giddings wins, Gonzales (1) and Giddings (2) would go DI, and La Grange and Cuero’s game would be for Division II seeding.

Pudlugger
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Considering that the Yoakum@Giddings game has such important implications for the district and playoff picture wouldn't you think there would be more chatter on the board? There isn't even a thread for this game for crying out loud. YT,1st and Goal, Buff4ever where are you guys? Let's here what yall think about this game. It is to close to call imo.

buff4ever
11-06-2013, 02:15 PM
I will get one started just for you Pud.

I think that the Giddings defense stays strong, and the offense will do enough to get this win.

gobbla4life
11-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I agree Pud , Giddings / Yoakum is a big game as well. Lots of play off toss ups either way.

Scoop27
11-07-2013, 11:10 AM
A reminder of webcasts sites
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/
http://www.gobblersports.com/

YTBulldogs
11-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I will get one started just for you Pud.

I think that the Giddings defense stays strong, and the offense will do enough to get this win.

:2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
11-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Considering that the Yoakum@Giddings game has such important implications for the district and playoff picture wouldn't you think there would be more chatter on the board? There isn't even a thread for this game for crying out loud. YT,1st and Goal, Buff4ever where are you guys? Let's here what yall think about this game. It is to close to call imo.

I have ulcers. 28-27.

Gontex
11-07-2013, 02:02 PM
OK here is how Giddings gets in with a win over Yoakum

4 teams go right now no matter what happens Friday LG and Cuero are in. GZ plays SV and if GZ wins GZ is in at the third spot. GZ will be the heavy favorite against SV. If Giddings beats Yoakum both are tied at 2-3 but Giddings gets in on head to head. If GZ loses and Giddings wins it will go to points on a 3 way tie for 3rd and head to head for 4th. GZ beat both Giddings and Yoakum so they are in. Giddings beat Yoakum so they are in. Got it? Yoakum must win to get in or Giddings gets in.:vrycnfsd:

Gonzales is in regardless of what they do Friday against Smithville. Winner of Yoakum and Giddings gets the fourth playoff spot. Winner is in, loser goes home.

Old Green
11-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Cuero JV 27 - LaGrange 14

Cuero JV undefeated 10-0

Pudlugger
11-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Of all the teams the Leps have played thus far Cuero has the most wins at 6. This will be the biggest challenge for the Leopards so far this season and the District Championship hangs in the balance. Time for the Leps to roll out there best game to date. Less than 24 hours till game time. With #50 Hardin back La Grange will healthy and ready to rock and roll. Expect to see more of #22 Dobbins in the offense and #5 Hutchison on sweeps with #3 Filmore pounding out the yards between tackles. Cuero wont kick deep after reviewing the films from Yoakum. A holding call negated a 96 yard KO return by #5. If he gets in the clear no one will catch him. I expect the pooch kick instead. This will be the most intense game this year and the atmosphere will be charged on both sides of the field. Cuero always turns out big especially when so much rides on a win. Here's to a safe journey for the fans and a clean injury free game.

zebrablue2
11-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Leps by 10!!!

Pudlugger
11-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Game day. Are the Leps the real deal or are they overrated? Tonight we will find out. Leps by 14.

1st and goal
11-08-2013, 09:40 AM
I remember hearing the Cuero announcers on the radio claiming the Buffaloes were having to grab Cuero's RB by the head to bring him down. He must be a beast.
Will be a good game. LG is beatable, but it will take Cuero's best effort.
Turnovers and officiating will decide game.

Pudlugger
11-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I remember hearing the Cuero announcers on the radio claiming the Buffaloes were having to grab Cuero's RB by the head to bring him down. He must be a beast.
Will be a good game. LG is beatable, but it will take Cuero's best effort.
Turnovers and officiating will decide game.

Leps have been good in limiting turnovers thus far. As for officiating, hopefully that won't be a factor, and the best team wins

GU_81
11-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Lone Star Sports Network Game Simulation:

La Grange 11 Cuero 0

Game Recap- The 2013 La Grange Leopards got the best of the 2013 Cuero Gobblers in a very close battle. The 2013 Cuero Gobblers played a very hard fought game but just fell short in the end. This was an unusually low scoring contest.

Disclaimer: Since I started running the simulator this season, last week was the first time in my experience that the incorrect winner was predicted. The game? Gonzales @ Cuero. Obviously the simulator is still functioning incorrectly. :evilgrin: In the words of George Constanza, "do the opposite!" Cuero wins!!! Go Gobblers!!!

regaleagle
11-08-2013, 01:52 PM
LaGrange takes this one by 13 pts....27-14.

Pudlugger
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM
LaGrange takes this one by 13 pts....27-14.

Maybe, but our kicker has missed only once all year LOL. 28-14 mo' better.

Spursfan
11-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Why is the concession stand OUT OF ALL FOOD!! Really LaGrange!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Pudlugger
11-08-2013, 11:30 PM
La Grange 42
Cuero 12 final

La Grange Leopards 9-0 District Champions and first undefeated season since 1999. Party like it's 1999 folks! LG is going D1 playoffs against El Campo in round 1.

Old Green
11-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Congrats to the Leopards:cheerl:

bd62
11-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Congs Lagrange.Outstanding football team.Believe Cuero will play Wharton 1st round

Gobblerfan
11-09-2013, 12:26 AM
La Grange looked very good........

Pudlugger
11-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Game day. Are the Leps the real deal or are they overrated? Tonight we will find out. Leps by 14.

We found out that the Leps are the real deal tonight. They dominated on both sides of the LOS. Cuero's #20 Hawkins was all they said he would be with a powerful running attack. However, the efforts by Cuero to pound the rock were thwarted and the Leps had two excellent goal line stands frustrating a Cuero team that would not quit. Freshman CB #22 Dobbins had another stellar performance this time capped by a 30 yard Pic 6 td and a blocked punt. On offense and defense #5 Hutchison was front and center putting in one of the best efforts I have seen in my twenty years as a Lep fan. Not to be denied #3 Filmore racked up the yardage dragging defenders down field for another 100+ yard performance. Qb Davis scrambled for big gainers and broke some long runs on Qb keepers reminiscent of the Giddings phenom Fitzhenry. Davis finally had an interception which came on a tipped ball first one of the year for the dynamic and efficient play caller. The Leps put together their best 48 minutes of football at the right moment to break out to a new level as they begin the second season in the playoffs. Congratulations to the La Grange Leopards now go get some payback from El Campo.

GU_81
11-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Congratulations to La Grange on the impressive performance against Cuero and an undefeated regular season. The Leopards have the size, speed, and coaching to make some noise in the playoffs. I admittedly don't know enough about some of the other 3A powerhouses in other regions to make an objective assessment as to whether they can win state, but based on what I saw, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Good luck in the playoffs!

44INAROW
11-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Congrats to La Grange on the win... Now GATA in the playoffs and continue to shut the naysayers up....