PDA

View Full Version : Port isabel

rico
11-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Port Isabel completed their regular season undefeated at 10-0.
Head Coach Monty Stumbaugh had career win #100 and PI now
has a week off awaiting their 1st round opponent in the Playoffs.
The Tarpons have a goal, they're on a mission and us fans are
enjoying the ride. GO TARPONS!

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Congratulations PI! Yall have been very impressive this year with dominating performances week after week. This must be the best team since the one that went to 5 or 6 OTs in the AlamoDome against Rice Consolidated (in 2002?). Good luck going forward. Depending on whether or not Giddings beats Yoakum next week the Leps might meet up with yall in a few weeks.

rico
11-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Congratulations PI! Yall have been very impressive this year with dominating performances week after week. This must be the best team since the one that went to 5 or 6 OTs in the AlamoDome against Rice Consolidated (in 2002?). Good luck going forward. Depending on whether or not Giddings beats Yoakum next week the Leps might meet up with yall in a few weeks.
Yes that was a heck of a game, I was there. Good memories. I've noticed La Grange also,
you guys are on a roll as well. Good luck in the playoffs.

FB-fanatic
11-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Congrats Rico on the 10-0! Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

I think your coach should line up next year a tougher schedule, though, to help get you guys ready for playoffs. It may be some tough going with as weak as the remaining of the district is (state rank):

Hidalgo (144)
Rio Hondo (132)
La Feria (102)
Progresso (174)

Grulla (79) was probably your toughest non district game. For instance, in 17-3A we have Robinson (17) and Connally (14) and LaVega (61) to deal with to get ready for playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-03-2013, 11:25 AM
He tries. We did have a 5A team that made it to the 2nd round of the D2 playoffs last season and gave Del Rio a pretty good game. But they graduated the house and are pretty young this year. They've already been eliminated from playoff contention in 32-5A, but at least it's not Brownsville Pace or Brownsville Porter. Hell, even 1A La Villa could probably beat Porter. That's how bad they are.

The rest of the non-district schedule was a hodge podge of 31-3A teams (sans Kingsville, though I wish we could have played them) and a private school in Brownsville (probably the best team in that city, which says something about how bad the public schools there are)

Seeing some of the new snapshot numbers, there's a couple of teams in mind I'd love to see PI play. Port Lavaca Calhoun being one of them. And reportedly, there's a rumor floating around that Refugio wants to schedule some games in the Valley since apparently no one wants to play Refugio. I'm not sure if coach Stumbaugh has agreed to it or not.

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Congrats Rico on the 10-0! Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

I think your coach should line up next year a tougher schedule, though, to help get you guys ready for playoffs. It may be some tough going with as weak as the remaining of the district is (state rank):

Hidalgo (144)
Rio Hondo (132)
La Feria (102)
Progresso (174)

Grulla (79) was probably your toughest non district game. For instance, in 17-3A we have Robinson (17) and Connally (14) and LaVega (61) to deal with to get ready for playoffs.

LOL.. I'm sure that they can't change who they play in district. And of course geography plays a huge roll in non district for PI.

You guys beat up each other last year and La Vega and China Spring were both gone in the first round. Let's see what happens this year.

FB-fanatic
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
That tough district play allowed us to overcome second round higher ranked opponents the past two years, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Manso/V8
11-03-2013, 03:06 PM
It will be interesting to see how PI does against bigger/faster teams in the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2013, 03:34 PM
It will be interesting to see how PI does against bigger/faster teams in the playoffs.just how much bigger and faster are out there

Manso/V8
11-03-2013, 04:00 PM
just how much bigger and faster are out there

bigger and faster than their district schedule opponents, not bigger and faster than PI.
I can think of several in D25 and D26.....don't know as much about the rest of R4.
PI is a good team and has a very good chance of making it to the semifinal game.

rico
11-03-2013, 05:27 PM
bigger and faster than their district schedule opponents, not bigger and faster than PI.
I can think of several in D25 and D26.....don't know as much about the rest of R4.
PI is a good team and has a very good chance of making it to the semifinal game.
Yes PI is looking forward to playing some of the better teams in the State. It's going
to be tough but if things fall the right way, they do have the Team, Players and Coaches to
compete with the elite 3A teams this year.

garciap77
11-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Port Isabel completed their regular season undefeated at 10-0.
Head Coach Monty Stumbaugh had career win #100 and PI now
has a week off awaiting their 1st round opponent in the Playoffs.
The Tarpons have a goal, they're on a mission and us fans are
enjoying the ride. GO TARPONS!

:2thumbsup

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2013, 11:31 PM
That tough district play allowed us to overcome second round higher ranked opponents the past two years, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

True.. Lorena seems to really turn it on come playoffs.