Lorena 55 West 20
Connally 62 La Vega 60
Robinson 44 China Spring 27

After next weeks games, which none will have playoff ramifications, I expect:

Lorena 4-1 district 9-1 overall
Robinson 4-1 district 9-1 overall
Connally 4-1 district 8-2 overall
La Vega 3-2 district 4-6 overll

Lorena, Robinson, Connally end in 3-way tie for district title, and LaVega being the 4th representative.

Robinson DI winner LaVega DI runner up Connally DII winner Lorena DII runner up

Here were my playoff predictions I put together last week. I’ll have to see if any of last nights games will effect any of these (maxpreps state rankings – all classifications):

Big School
W18 Navasota (60)...........................Navasota-------
R 17 LaVega (338)............................................. ........ -----Carthage

W20 Carthage (48) ...........................Carthage---------
R19 Mxia/Rusk (360-500) .................................................. ............................................... --------Carthage

W17 Robinson (101).........................Robinson---------
R8 Taylor (608)............................................. ........----------Robinson-----

W19 Palestine ((176).........................Palestine----------
R20 Jasper (328)

Small School
W17 Connally (95).........................Connally-----
R18 Madisonville (305)........................................... --------Fairfield-----

W19 Fairfield (41)...........................Fairfield--------
R20 Dibol (829)............................................. .................................................. ........ ------Lorena-----

R17 Lorena (94) ...........................Lorena------
W18 Rockdale (278) .................................................. . ------Lorena--------

R19 Groesbeck (538) .....................Groesbeck------
W20 Center (561)

FB-fanatic
11-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Well, 17-3A did not exactly play out as expected.

Lorena did defeat a scrappy China Spring squad 55-41 to run Lorena's regular season record of 9-1. Along the way, Coleman of Lorena had a 6 touchdown night, passing for 173 yards and 2 TD passes and rushing for 224 yards and 4 TD's and 3 two-point conversions and kicking 1 PAT, accounting for 37 of the Leopard points. Brings his season point total to 173. This after a 5 TD night vs CS last year.

Connally took care of West 41-27.

Robinson needed to take weaker opponent LaVega to share in a three way district title and avoid defending state champs Navasota in the first round, but LaVaga routs the Rockets 54-33.

This has Lorena and Connally sharing the district and sending LaVega to a back to back date with Taylor and sending the Rockets doing the do-si-do with the Rattlers.

Hear is updated predicted brackets:

Big School
R 17 Robinson (101)............................................. ........ -----Carthage

R19 Mexia (500) .................................................. ............................................... --------Carthage

W17 LaVega (338).........................Robinson---------
R8 Taylor (608)............................................. ........----------Robinson-----

R20 Jasper (328)

Small School
R18 Madisonville (305)........................................... --------Fairfield-----

R20 Dibol (829)............................................. .................................................. ........ ------Lorena-----

W18 Rockdale (278) .................................................. . ------Lorena--------

W20 Center (561)

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Well, 17-3A did not exactly play out as expected.

Lorena did defeat a scrappy China Spring squad 55-41 to run Lorena's regular season record of 9-1. Along the way, Coleman of Lorena had a 6 touchdown night, passing for 173 yards and 2 TD passes and rushing for 224 yards and 4 TD's and 3 two-point conversions and kicking 1 PAT, accounting for 37 of the Leopard points. Brings his season point total to 173. This after a 5 TD night vs CS last year.

Connally took care of West 41-27.

Robinson needed to take weaker opponent LaVega to share in a three way district title and avoid defending state champs Navasota in the first round, but LaVaga routs the Rockets 54-33.

This has Lorena and Connally sharing the district and sending LaVega to a back to back date with Taylor and sending the Rockets doing the do-si-do with the Rattlers.

Hear is updated predicted brackets:

Big School
R 17 Robinson (101)............................................. ........ -----Carthage

R19 Mexia (500) .................................................. ............................................... --------Carthage

W17 LaVega (338).........................Robinson---------

R20 Jasper (328)

Small School

W20 Center (561)

Lorena vs Fairfield must be a homer pick and/or you have yet to see the Eagles play..!?

FB-fanatic
11-09-2013, 08:55 PM
100% Homer.. with a side note though. We did face a 10-0 Fairfield in 2010... And saw them last year. Both times worked out o.k. Have all the respect in the world, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2013, 11:01 PM
100% Homer.. with a side note though. We did face a 10-0 Fairfield in 2010... And saw them last year. Both times worked out o.k. Have all the respect in the world, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Ok.. Navasota too played them last season. Trust me when I say, it's a night and day difference.

Good luck to the Leps! Rockdale is a will be tough.

Rabid Cougar
11-10-2013, 11:48 AM
CS doesn't have 1/4 of what Fairfield brings to the table. What makes you think you can stop them? Good luck with that. And Connally is the District champ by way of head to head tie breaker.

Fairfield by a lot.

FB-fanatic
11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
CS doesn't have 1/4 of what Fairfield brings to the table. What makes you think you can stop them? Good luck with that. And Connally is the District champ by way of head to head tie breaker.

Fairfield by a lot.

Just chill Rabid. I know you guys were in sole possession of the fifth place gold ball, so your safe there.

I said it was a homer pick. What makes me think we can compete with Fairfield.... again, we've faced a 10-0 Fairfield before, and while they were laughing at the size of our guys coming out of the tunnell two years running and we've found a way to win. They will probably be willing to go head to head, 11 on 11 with us and not resort to the hidden ball-player-on-the-sideline to score a cheap one. So I don't know as you guys are in a position to judge anything since joining 17-3A.

And, by the way, by virtue of tied district record, and by agreement of the district, we go in the books as co-champions. The distinction is used to decide seeding for post season.

varsity parent
11-10-2013, 04:08 PM

Fairfield by a lot.
:blahblah:
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. At least we outscored CS. CS did however beat West. You do have that. But make no mistake, we have a tough road ahead of us to even get that far. Biles and our coaching staff will be focused on Rockdale and nothing else this week. You don't get far by overlooking any opponent come play-off time.

varsity parent
11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Just chill Rabid. I know you guys were in sole possession of the fifth place gold ball, so your safe there.

I said it was a homer pick. What makes me think we can compete with Fairfield.... again, we've faced a 10-0 Fairfield before, and while they were laughing at the size of our guys coming out of the tunnell two years running and we've found a way to win. They will probably be willing to go head to head, 11 on 11 with us and not resort to the hidden ball-player-on-the-sideline to score a cheap one. So I don't know as you guys are in a position to judge anything since joining 17-3A.

And, by the way, by virtue of tied district record, and by agreement of the district, we go in the books as co-champions. The distinction is used to decide seeding for post season.:iagree:
Well said. All of the coaches in this district agreed on that. Even the king of "trickeration" Bell. That trickery will only get you so far, as evidence of China's lack of post season play the last couple of years. (does include the game vs. the Rattlers last year), a very unfortunate draw for CS. Sooner or later Bell has to realize that he needs to put more emphasis on fundemental football. Just sayin

varsity parent
11-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Ok.. Navasota too played them last season. Trust me when I say, it's a night and day difference.

Good luck to the Leps! Rockdale is a will be tough.
Yall have played Rockdale. They look huge! Why are they ranked so low? Haven't they only lost to Navasota and Cameron?

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Yall have played Rockdale. They look huge! Why are they ranked so low? Haven't they only lost to Navasota and Cameron?

No, Rockdale has lost 4 games.
Check out the link below.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/rockdale-tigers-(rockdale,tx)/football/schedule.htm

They lost 20-9 to Burnet
They lost 49-28 to Liberty Hill
They lost 51-33 to Yoe
They lost 42-21 to Navasota

All four loses were to pretty good teams. Yoe, Navasota, & Liiberty Hill all won their district. I've seen the Tigers play.. They have a pretty good team.