PDA

View Full Version : Argyle

orange machine
11-01-2013, 10:42 PM
What happened to Sizelove?

ccmom
11-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Whoa, what?? Is he injured? That kid is a beast, and fun to watch...just not quite as much fun when he's kicking your arse!! Hope he's ok!!

regaleagle
11-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Yep, he's injured. Don't know the particulars yet, but he's an allstater at LB and a great leader on the team. Plays some receiver on offense too. He's a D1 to KState also. And against Aubrey of all teams, no less. This would be a HUGE loss for the Eagles, esp. defensively.

Eagle Nation
11-01-2013, 10:56 PM
A wife of a coach told me that Sam is done for the year. Torn ACL

ccmom
11-01-2013, 10:57 PM

I really hate to hear that. He's a great talent.

orange machine
11-01-2013, 11:00 PM

Man that blows!!!

Eagle Nation
11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
He took a hit right at the knees. Does suck to lose him right before the playoffs

regaleagle
11-01-2013, 11:20 PM
He took a hit right at the knees. Does suck to lose him right before the playoffs

Shades of last season with the loss of Connor Wilson on our defense the week before the Gilmer game. Very unfortunate loss for Argyle....probably the single biggest loss that Argyle could suffer on the defense this year. But this season the D is better and deeper than last year. When you lose a player like Sizelove, you really can't replace his skills and talent level. You can only rally the troops to play harder and better....and do it each week in honor of Sizelove's 4 yrs of contribution to the Argyle football team.

Aguilafanatico
11-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Shades of last season with the loss of Connor Wilson on our defense the week before the Gilmer game. Very unfortunate loss for Argyle....probably the single biggest loss that Argyle could suffer on the defense this year. But this season the D is better and deeper than last year. When you lose a player like Sizelove, you really can't replace his skills and talent level. You can only rally the troops to play harder and better....and do it each week in honor of Sizelove's 4 yrs of contribution to the Argyle football team.

Two hits to the knees. First play was a chop, next play was a swing pass to him in the flats and another "knee tackle" from Aubrey. He is out for the year. Tough break for a great player. Team was devastated at ht. Huge loss. The game was very chippy. I understand how Aubrey lost a couple of players to suspension last week.

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Two hits to the knees. First play was a chop, next play was a swing pass to him in the flats and another "knee tackle" from Aubrey. He is out for the year. Tough break for a great player. Team was devastated at ht. Huge loss. The game was very chippy. I understand how Aubrey lost a couple of players to suspension last week.

"knee tackles" are not illegal...at some point we have to stop with the where you can hit someone...bad luck but Argyle has depth alot of 3A teams do not have

Aguilafanatico
11-02-2013, 12:56 AM
"knee tackles" are not illegal...at some point we have to stop with the where you can hit someone...bad luck but Argyle has depth alot of 3A teams do not have

Knee tackles are certainly not illegal. The hit looked clean and I am not trying to say that it was a dirty play........unfortunate for sure. I will say that there were a ton of plays that were what I would deem chippy. There are games where you just feel that something ugly could happen, based on the eye test. This was certainly one of them. And unfortunately it did.

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Knee tackles are certainly not illegal. The hit looked clean and I am not trying to say that it was a dirty play........unfortunate for sure. I will say that there were a ton of plays that were what I would deem chippy. There are games where you just feel that something ugly could happen, based on the eye test. This was certainly one of them. And unfortunately it did.

gotcha ya

orange machine
11-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Aubrey played pretty dirty against Celina. They had two players ejected last week one of which was their qb. He for some unknown reason gets up and punches a Celina player in the helmet.

orange machine
11-02-2013, 01:11 AM
Something else kinda funny about the Celina Aubrey game was Sundry was playing dirty but seemed to have players lying in the ground most of the game due to some injury.

Manso/V8
11-02-2013, 01:12 AM

Right, but your previous post certainly implied it was intentional.

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2013, 01:16 AM

thank you..how I read it as well

Let;s be honest..as big and strong as Sizelove is your teaching your guys to go low on him

Aguilafanatico
11-02-2013, 01:22 AM
[QUOTE=orange machine;1777386]Aubrey played pretty dirty against Celina. They had two players ejected last week one of which was their qb. He for some unknown reason gets up and punches a Celina player in the helmet.[/QUOTE

Celina shouldn't feel targeted. Based on what I witnessed tonight, that is just how Aubrey plays. Dirty, chippy, and chatty.

orange machine
11-02-2013, 01:27 AM
thank you..how I read it as well

Let;s be honest..as big and strong as Sizelove is your teaching your guys to go low on him
I guarantee they are. When you have a big tall player that dominates like that you have to go for the lower body its the easiest thing to hit. Losing Sizelove changes the complexity of this defense a lot.

Aguilafanatico
11-02-2013, 01:36 AM

Sizelove wasn't taken out on a dirty play, the hit was low but clean from what I could see. There were however an inordinate number of hits throughout the game that would make most on this thread cringe. My point is, if you keep throwing rocks at the house, eventually you are going to break a window.

orange machine
11-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Sizelove wasn't taken out on a dirty play, the hit was low but clean from what I could see. There were however an inordinate number of hits throughout the game that would make most on this thread cringe. My point is, if you keep throwing rocks at the house, eventually you are going to break a window.

Not saying Aubrey was intentionally trying to take Sizelove out but after what I saw last week I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Aguilafanatico
11-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Not saying Aubrey was intentionally trying to take Sizelove out but after what I saw last week I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

They were mocking the fact that he was hurt during the game. Just sayin....
Either way it's done. We play a formidable opponent next week and it should be a great one.

Celina8
11-02-2013, 08:10 AM
I hate that Sizelove high school career ends with an injury, but he still has many more football games ahead of him and K-State has got a great player coming to their program. So with this post I will use it to say congratulations young man on an outstanding High School Football career. You have provided great leadership for your team and you will now provide inspiration to your teammates. Wish you all the best as you move on to College and the goals you wish to accomplish.

adoptedbuckeye
11-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I hate that Sizelove high school career ends with an injury, but he still has many more football games ahead of him and K-State has got a great player coming to their program. So with this post I will use it to say congratulations young man on an outstanding High School Football career. You have provided great leadership for your team and you will now provide inspiration to your teammates. Wish you all the best as you move on to College and the goals you wish to accomplish.

I hate that too. I know he is hurting for not being able to finish his high school football career on the field. I'm sure Argyle's players will rally around him and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Aesculus gilmus
11-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I have always had the impression in watching them for three years now that Argyle is pretty deep for a school of its size. It reminds me of Gilmer in that respect.

Last year on the eve of the championship game, Navasota lost its star running back to a broken leg in an auto accident. I remember receiving a text from a local booster with the implication that this would make the Buckeyes' job easier.

In fact, as I suspected, this just made the Rattlers rally around the player and use him as a way to get even more fired up for the game. I would imagine Argyle will do the same with this.

bobcat1
11-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Man I hate hearing that. Anytime a great player that has worked his entire life, to get to this point with a team like Argyle, is heart breaking for sure. I feel for him, a senior, with a team of destiny such as Argyle this year seems to be. It's just sad. Prayers for a complete and total healing. Good luck on your college career son.

slingshot
11-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear this. He is a load... Argyle will still be very good--just lost a lot though.

regaleagle
11-02-2013, 10:04 AM
IF you will remember, Ian Sadler suffered a similar injury in the State Championship game against Wimberley in the first offensive series for Argyle. He DID come back with a fury and is now headed to Texas Tech. Connor Wilson is back this season also after an all-state season last year before being injured in Round 2. He's also going to Tech. This is the nature of the game, and when you have young men in fierce physical action on a weekly basis on the Gridiron of Glory.....injuries are gonna happen, esp. to some of the most active players. It happened to me my junior year and senior year in high school. I missed out on 3 games as a junior and 2 games as a senior. I still was able to play baseball each season and got scholarships and was invited to 4 Pro training camps the summer after my senior year. All is not as bad as it seems right now for you, Sam Sizelove. Lots of people do LOVE your SIZE, and love you for who you are. Argyle will want you on the sidelines in the playoffs for moral support much like Gilmer had several seasons ago when they lost their starting qb.....who is now playing college ball at Rice, I believe??? Correct me if I'm wrong, Gilmer posters.

PS>>>His injury was similar and happened at about the same juncture of the season his senior season as well. Gilmer went on and lost to a very good Argyle squad with Austin Aune and Troops that lost to Wimberley in the SC game. That was the season I'm referring to.

adoptedbuckeye
11-02-2013, 10:10 AM
IF you will remember, Ian Sadler suffered a similar injury in the State Championship game against Wimberley in the first offensive series for Argyle. He DID come back with a fury and is now headed to Texas Tech. Connor Wilson is back this season also after an all-state season last year before being injured in Round 2. He's also going to Tech. This is the nature of the game, and when you have young men in fierce physical action on a weekly basis on the Gridiron of Glory.....injuries are gonna happen, esp. to some of the most active players. It happened to me my junior year and senior year in high school. I missed out on 3 games as a junior and 2 games as a senior. I still was able to play baseball each season and got scholarships and was invited to 4 Pro training camps the summer after my senior year. All is not as bad as it seems right now for you, Sam Sizelove. Lots of people do LOVE your SIZE, and love you for who you are. Argyle will want you on the sidelines in the playoffs for moral support much like Gilmer had several seasons ago when they lost their starting qb.....who is now playing college ball at Rice, I believe??? Correct me if I'm wrong, Gilmer posters.

Yes, Luke Turner is playing at Rice after that season-ending injury I believe against Carthage. Gilmer's players did a good job stepping up in his absence, and I don't doubt Argyle will do the same.

BILLYFRED0000
11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes, Luke Turner is playing at Rice after that season-ending injury I believe against Carthage. Gilmer's players did a good job stepping up in his absence, and I don't doubt Argyle will do the same.

Yes they will play well. I saw the hit that got him in the leg. He was in the flat and he is big. The guy from aubrey was pursuing accross the field (not so big) and sizemore got turned up field and got hit. Just bad luck that he got turned just right. I saw him limp off and thought he was done. He had been playing great.

Eagle1
11-04-2013, 09:09 PM

I am sure the kid tackling him was much smaller can you blame him for hitting him low. I know our coach used to tell us to hit the big boys low or go for a ride.

waterboy
11-04-2013, 09:48 PM

Yes, the Buckeyes did rally around Jordan Traylor after Luke went down for that season. It did change the Buckeyes' offense entirely. Instead of having a QB who could run and throw, we went to a pure drop back passer. We did good, but it did change the whole offensive dynamic of that team.

I hate to see ANY player go down for the season with an injury, especially their senior season. It's gotta be heartbreaking for Sam. I am lifting up a prayer for you, Sam Sizelove. God be with you in the future.

bobcat1
11-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I hate to see ANY player go down for the season with an injury, especially their senior season. It's gotta be heartbreaking for Sam. I am lifting up a prayer for you, Sam Sizelove. God be with you in the future.

I'm with you on this completely.

BLACK ATTACK
11-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks for those thoughts. Sam is truly a great football player and even a better kid. he has also been a metor to my son. He is just an all around exceptional person.

Manso/V8
11-05-2013, 11:13 PM
No matter how good the player, injuries are a sad part of the game.

I am glad this kid didn't get hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSB0EkgU-c

orange machine
11-06-2013, 07:53 AM
No matter how good the player, injuries are a sad part of the game.

I am glad this kid didn't get hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSB0EkgU-c

Sizelove should have been thrown out of the game for that illegal hit to the head! Raulerson gets Sizelove back on a few different plays after that pancaking him and driving him to the ground.

gatordaze
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Sizelove should have been thrown out of the game for that illegal hit to the head! Raulerson gets Sizelove back on a few different plays after that pancaking him and driving him to the ground.

Jake did not think it was dirty just part of the game. Karma's a b*tch and they will get plenty of each other over the next few years with Jake at Texas playing center and Sam at KState as a LB. All good clean fun!

Here are the clips from the series after the peel back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfA7mWgK6g

MajorApplehorn
11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Jake did not think it was dirty just part of the game. Karma's a b*tch and they will get plenty of each other over the next few years with Jake at Texas playing center and Sam at KState as a LB. All good clean fun!

Here are the clips from the series after the peel back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfA7mWgK6g

Not taking sides here, but my observations from those clips are:

Sizelove's hit was quite possibly the best HS hit I have ever seen. It was not illegal as he led with his shoulder. Raulerson took the hit extremely well, getting up, gathering his helmet, and coming right back to keep playing. Many would have been done after that hit.

Raulerson's "payback" was not much of a payback. The first clip was not a pancake. Raulerson engaged Sizelove to block him. Sizelove then began chasing the ball carrier and Raulerson held on. The 2nd clip was not much of a block at all. The 3rd one was the only one that really succeeded. Sizelove didn't seem able to get off the block and went down to the ground.

I agree, though, that there could be many battles over the next few years in the Big XII between these two!

orange machine
11-06-2013, 02:07 PM

Sizelove's hit was quite possibly the best HS hit I have ever seen. It was not illegal as he led with his shoulder. Raulerson took the hit extremely well, getting up, gathering his helmet, and coming right back to keep playing. Many would have been done after that hit.

Raulerson's "payback" was not much of a payback. The first clip was not a pancake. Raulerson engaged Sizelove to block him. Sizelove then began chasing the ball carrier and Raulerson held on. The 2nd clip was not much of a block at all. The 3rd one was the only one that really succeeded. Sizelove didn't seem able to get off the block and went down to the ground.

I agree, though, that there could be many battles over the next few years in the Big XII between these two!

Not illegal he went to the head, not the shoulder, not the chest the head.

gatordaze
11-06-2013, 03:05 PM

Maybe I should have clarified, it was not that the plays were great it was that was the very next series. Jake came back and and won the reps. OL job is to prevent his guy from making the tackle and that happened on those next three plays. Sam was easily the best player that Jake faced last year and deserves all the credit for a great hit and playing a solid game.

CMETILT
11-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Sizelove's hit was quite possibly the best HS hit I have ever seen. It was not illegal as he led with his shoulder.

Then you didn't see this one. Have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m73IRKYn0g

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/CMETILT/Raulerson_zps5e5b5bf9.png

Aguilafanatico
11-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Another Eagle (and member of the Black Swarm defense) verbally commits to a D1 school. Reese Thompson verbally committed to a track scholarship at THE University of Texas. That brings the number of D1 commits on this years Eagles football team to 5.

Sam Sizelove - K State
Connor Wilson - Texas Tech
Ian Sadler - Texas Tech
Cole Hedlund - University of Arkansas
Reese Thompson - UT

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdrchighschoolblog.dentonrc.co m%2F2013%2F11%2Fargyles-reese-thompson-commits-to-texas-on-track-scholarship.html%2F&h=RAQETdxk9&enc=AZOq1182OdwHS2i4alXNL4XWADmSHom6zfQgweuaqJNi7L jRTxmzSKXp9-xZs5SRORx-YvBoOsB9PUGsaMpbaQRp5_t1CqhszSzd7xL3iTgPhap5t7WO_g v9hAHM8f485FGpt5qvOmEsbq1gGiHhd2-i&s=1

hollywood
11-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Another Eagle (and member of the Black Swarm defense) verbally commits to a D1 school. Reese Thompson verbally committed to a track scholarship at THE University of Texas. That brings the number of D1 commits on this years Eagles football team to 5.

Sam Sizelove - K State
Connor Wilson - Texas Tech
Ian Sadler - Texas Tech
Cole Hedlund - University of Arkansas
Reese Thompson - UT

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdrchighschoolblog.dentonrc.co m%2F2013%2F11%2Fargyles-reese-thompson-commits-to-texas-on-track-scholarship.html%2F&h=RAQETdxk9&enc=AZOq1182OdwHS2i4alXNL4XWADmSHom6zfQgweuaqJNi7L jRTxmzSKXp9-xZs5SRORx-YvBoOsB9PUGsaMpbaQRp5_t1CqhszSzd7xL3iTgPhap5t7WO_g v9hAHM8f485FGpt5qvOmEsbq1gGiHhd2-i&s=1

:clap:

Congrats! Very impressive, especially THE University of Texas commit.

That's almost as good as some of the East Texas schools results... so they claim. :rolleyes:

:D