PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Lone Star 34 Carrollton Ranchview 20

Celina8
11-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Argyle might still go DII and it will all be decided in week 10 looks like when Aubrey and Ranchview play each other. In my view that is one of the biggest games in Region II since it will determine Argyle's playoff fate.

marler1972
11-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Argyle might still go DII and it will all be decided in week 10 looks like when Aubrey and Ranchview play each other. In my view that is one of the biggest games in Region II since it will determine Argyle's playoff fate.

Unless there is a hugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggge upset tonight, Aubrey beating Argyle....lol

hollywood
11-01-2013, 08:26 AM
It comes down to if Ranchview beats Aubrey next week?

If Aubrey wins, Argyle goes DI?
If Aubrey loses, Argyle goes DII?

Matthew328
11-01-2013, 08:41 AM
It comes down to if Ranchview beats Aubrey next week?

If Aubrey wins, Argyle goes DI?
If Aubrey loses, Argyle goes DII?

If Aubrey loses it comes down to a 3 way tie for the last two spots then it needs to be figured out how 10-3A breaks a 3 way tie for two spots....I am pretty sure I can call and find that out

hollywood
11-01-2013, 08:51 AM
If Aubrey loses it comes down to a 3 way tie for the last two spots then it needs to be figured out how 10-3A breaks a 3 way tie for two spots....I am pretty sure I can call and find that out

Good stuff. District 8 is shaping up for similar situations. Let's see what happens in tonights game.

Celina8
11-01-2013, 09:05 AM
They want admit it but you know the Buckeye Nations is pulling for Aubrey next week. ...just having a little fun with the Gilmer fans (but its true)!

movethechain
11-01-2013, 09:09 AM
They want admit it but you know the Buckeye Nations is pulling for Aubrey next week. ...just having a little fun with the Gilmer fans (but its true)!

Nope, we would rather play Argyle. It's a great game each time we play each other. Would be disappointing if we didn't get to play each other this year.

hollywood

Gilmer wants Argyle in DII. Unfinished bidness from the Buckeye nation's tone. ;)

Matthew328
Just called Argyle HC Todd Rodgers

in 10-3A, the 3 way tie is broken first if one team involved in the tie beats the other two.
In the case of Aubrey, Ranchview, Lone Star that can't happen.

The next tiebreaker if the 3 teams are tied at 1-3 is a positive/negative point system capped at 14. If the scenario is for 2 spots (in this case it would), then you take the top team via points; the two teams who are left go back to head to head.

As it stands:
Aubrey is +11
Frisco Lone Star is +3
Carrollton Ranchview is -14

Lone Star is locked in at +3, Ranchview plays Aubrey next week.

Aubrey wins; Aubrey and Lone Star are in the playoffs and Argyle goes D2 (no 3 way tie breakers needed)

If Ranchview wins by 7 or less...Aubrey is in the playoffs as top point differential AND Lone Star is in based on head to head win over Ranchview

If Ranchview wins by 8 then Aubrey and Lone Star are in at +3 each...Aubrey gets the tie break based on head to head over Lone Star...Lone Star gets the final spot based on head to head over Ranchview

If Ranchview wins by 9 or more....Lone Star is in as top point differential.....Ranchview is in based on head to head win over Aubrey. Argyle goes D2

waterboy

Why would we care? We will spank them again just like last year, only worse. Bring it on!

hollywood
11-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Nope, we would rather play Argyle. It's a great game each time we play each other. Would be disappointing if we didn't get to play each other this year.

Well, you'd likely get a rematch with Graham then if Argyle goes DI. I bet Graham would put up a bigger fight this season. They wouldn't be as intimidated.

Celina8
11-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Why would we care? We will spank them again just like last year, only worse. Bring it on!

Waterboy has got the right attitude! Just having a little fun...I think a game between Gilmer and Argyle this year would be great and the Buckeye nation would be there in Force!

Celina8
11-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Just called Argyle HC Todd Rodgers

in 10-3A, the 3 way tie is broken first if one team involved in the tie beats the other two.

The next tiebreaker if the 3 teams are tied at 1-3 is a positive/negative point system capped at 14. If the scenario is for 2 spots (in this case it would), then you take the top team via points; the two teams who are left go back to head to head.

As it stands:
Aubrey is +11
Frisco Lone Star is +3

Aubrey wins; Aubrey and Lone Star are in the playoffs and Argyle goes D2 (no 3 way tie breakers needed)

If Ranchview wins by 7 or less...Aubrey is in the playoffs as top point differential AND Lone Star is in based on head to head win over Ranchview

If Ranchview wins by 8 then Aubrey and Lone Star are in at +3 each...Aubrey gets the tie break based on head to head over Lone Star...Lone Star gets the final spot based on head to head over Ranchview

If Ranchview wins by 9 or more....Lone Star is in as top point differential.....Ranchview is in based on head to head win over Aubrey. Argyle goes D2

If Aubrey makes the playoffs then Argyle will go D1 as Celina is the next smallest school in the District and they are already in.

Matthew328
11-01-2013, 09:52 AM
If Aubrey makes the playoffs then Argyle will go D1 as Celina is the next smallest school in the District and they are already in.

You are right..too many playoff scnearios running in my head...editing now

Matthew328
11-01-2013, 09:53 AM

As it stands:
Aubrey is +11
Frisco Lone Star is +3

Aubrey wins; Aubrey and Lone Star are in the playoffs and Argyle goes D1 (no 3 way tie breakers needed)

Celina8
11-01-2013, 10:05 AM

As it stands:
Aubrey is +11
Frisco Lone Star is +3

Aubrey wins; Aubrey and Lone Star are in the playoffs and Argyle goes D1 (no 3 way tie breakers needed)

I think I just received an Algebra Lesson!!! LOL!

Aguilafanatico
11-01-2013, 02:11 PM

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

regaleagle
11-01-2013, 03:42 PM
It comes down to this....the ONLY way Ranchview can make the playoffs and knock Aubrey out is to win next week against Aubrey by 9 pts. or more. Otherwise, Aubrey and Lone Star get the 2 spots and Argyle goes D1. Lone Star is essentially in the playoffs now with this win over Ranchview. They will make the playoffs, regardless. Now it comes down to Aubrey vs Ranchview and the point differential IF Ranchview wins. The only way for Argyle to go D2 is for Ranchview to win by 9 pts. or more. I'm sure by gametime next Friday nite each team will know that 9 pts. differential in Ranchview's favor is the magic number.