PDA

View Full Version : El Campo-Sealy game moved to EC

Scoop27
10-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Heard this game is moved to El Campo because too much rain in Sealy at the statium

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 12:18 AM
This game could have been in played at neutral sites like Rice Consolidated in Altair, East Bernard, Boling, Louise or in Rosenberg. Sealy fans are not happy with this.

Manso/V8
11-01-2013, 12:34 AM
This game could have been in played at neutral sites like Rice Consolidated in Altair, East Bernard, Boling, Louise or in Rosenberg. Sealy fans are not happy with this.

How many of those sites have artificial turf?

speedbump
11-01-2013, 02:30 AM
How many of those sites have artificial turf?

How many have seats? Scoop has lost his mind.

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Football was made to be played on real grass-not fake ****
I can't believe that Sealy is condoning this action to play at El Camp where you wan't get a fair call.
They could play they game on Saturday where grass would dry out.
The importantance of game should be played at a neutral field. Birds would have too much of an advantage if played in EC.

XMan
11-01-2013, 05:56 AM
I cant believe that their field is too wet to play. I dont know if ive ever heard of this at the varsity level. We as Americans are becoming soft. As far as neutral site, Rice's stadium is named "the Swamp" for a reason. Saturday is the first day of deer and duck season, nobody would show up for a game. Lastly, Sealy can still use their pick of refs as long as they are the designated home team.

speedbump
11-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Football was made to be played on real grass-not fake ****
I can't believe that Sealy is condoning this action to play at El Camp where you wan't get a fair call.
They could play they game on Saturday where grass would dry out.
The importantance of game should be played at a neutral field. Birds would have too much of an advantage if played in EC.

Last year in EC we had 16 penalties Bellville 5. Against Wharton We had 6 Wharton 8. Hardly an unfair place to play.
Boxing was made for a canvas stage with ropes around it - not the sidelines during a football game.

maestro
11-01-2013, 06:57 AM
I agree with an earlier post that said that sealy would like their chances on the field turf vs a soggy, muddy mess.

gambler1606
11-01-2013, 07:21 AM

Very True! Big mistake on Sealy Coach.

Weebe
11-01-2013, 07:39 AM
What do Rice's, Boling's, Louise's stadiums hold? 1000 people?

Ridiculous.

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Football was made to play on real grass and not turf-We did not get those kinds of rains down here in Wharton County like in Austin County. And I'm not crazy, Now El Campo will have three home games in a row. Deer season plays no role why the game can't be played on a Saturday, Not everyone goes out and shoots helpless animals. I think the UIL or district executive committee should have decided. EC will have a big advantage because off this game in Ricebird Stadium. I can't get over why Sealy agreed to this, doubt many other wood

Weebe
11-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Lol..

stxtiger
11-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Football was made to play on real grass and not turf-We did not get those kinds of rains down here in Wharton County like in Austin County. And I'm not crazy, Now El Campo will have three home games in a row. Deer season plays no role why the game can't be played on a Saturday, Not everyone goes out and shoots helpless animals. I think the UIL or district executive committee should have decided. EC will have a big advantage because off this game in Ricebird Stadium. I can't get over why Sealy agreed to this, doubt many other wood

Maybe because they feel a dry field helps their offense more then a mud bowl, which definitely helps out El Campo. We have gotten a lot of rain in the last few weeks here at Sealy and the field has not had a chance to dry out. Its a gutsy call by the head coach but if it is one which he thinks will help his team win I don't think he cares what you or any one else thinks.

New Taiton
11-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Not everyone goes out and shoots helpless animals.

Pity post.

Pudlugger
11-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Not everyone goes out and shoots helpless animals.

Not helpless really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY-FKI_VOCg

OLE'BULL
11-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Wow! I cant believe they would go for that. I remember when I played for Bellville we had a ton of rain and were supposed to play in Sealy. We loaded up and went to play at Rhodes Stadium in Katy. I can promise you it is never good to give an opponent home field advantage if you can avoid it. I just cant believe they couldn't find another semi-neutral sight to play?

Cruboi12
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
you also have to understand that Katy ISD has how many schools to field thursday through saturday. There is no other turf field close by in the area

Manso/V8
11-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I have tried, I really have, but can't get to the point where I give a rat's a** about where this game is played.

Cruboi12
11-01-2013, 10:27 AM
I have tried, I really have, but can't get to the point where I give a rat's a** about where this game is played.

Amen

Weebe
11-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Doesn't sound like anyone but Scoop cares. He probably had a church picnic he wanted to stop in on on his way to Sealy.

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 11:10 AM
KULP Radio said this morning Sealy will be home team and wear their black jerseys

millcreek
11-01-2013, 01:53 PM
WOW, I can't believe we are doing this! This game was scheduled for parents night as well. I have seen tons of games played at Tiger Stadium wet and sloppy, THAT'S PART OF FOOTBALL!! This is our last home game and it's Gorgeous Today in Sealy. Home field advantage always matters . SMH,, Somebody didn't think this through,,
Very disappointed ,,,

rancher
11-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Face the facts, 6 inches of rain, on top of the area being flooded recently to where school was closed. The field would be a mud hole in a short time. Sealy needs to run the spread and play fast if they hope to win against the ricebirds. With the field being wet and a mud hole, not very conducive for Sealy's hope to steal a win. A great move on the part of the Sealy coaching staff.

Red Bull
11-01-2013, 02:32 PM
I too think Sealy coach made the right call from a strategy standpoint on the field surface and their offense. Now having to road trip and all that entails may prove different. Also, I can tell you this and it is wet, wet and more wet everywhere in Austin County.

No one wants to get a kid hurt on crappy field either.

The field is same size so just go play.

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Maybe there was a coin flip to determine if the game was to be played in El Campo or Sealy had a neutral site that EC didn't. I do know this decision was made early Thursday evening. I still think Rice Consolidated in Altair would have been a good choice but since Raiders are playing out of town-they would have problems finding the persons to work the facility. Guess both coaches wanted the game on Friday do avoid any chance of something else coming up and losing a day to prepare for Nov. 2 games.

millcreek
11-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Does Brookshire Bellville or Columbus play home tonite, did they find other locations to play And out of all three fields, I say sealy has the nicest surface,,

Let's say we need to play elsewhere ,, find a neutral spot,

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 02:58 PM
No-Columbus is open, Bellville at Needville and Royal at Wharton

speedbump
11-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I can't get over why Sealy agreed to this, doubt many other wood

Sealy didn't AGREE to it. They are the ones that suggested it. According to Gillis, Sealys coach Holcomb called him Thursday AM and ask if they could move the game to EC if necessary. Gillis said that would be fine and Holcomb said he would let him know after another walk around the field at noon or shortly after. He called that afternoon to confirm the change of venue. You are crying about nothing.

speedbump
11-01-2013, 03:42 PM
KULP Radio said this morning Sealy will be home team and wear their black jerseys

Funny how you heard that on KULP but not the rest of the facts involved in the change.

millcreek
11-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Your re right. Home field ISN'T important .,,, that's why the playoffs aren't done at a neutral spot,,, O wait a minute ,, they are,!!

GO TIGERS!!!

I'm sure Coach did what he thought was in the best interest of the team.

speedbump
11-01-2013, 05:53 PM
In light of the fact that we have lost our two best players I've decide to change my prediction from 24-10 EC to 24-14 EC.

Spanish Camp
11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
EC dominated throughout. Despite all the injuries, EC again finds a way to win with the kids they have. It really is unbelievable.

Not sure how many yards the highly touted Sealy offense had, but the Birds shut them down rather handily. Ricebird offense played a complete game. Great job, EC coaches and players!

Question--Could the Sealy coaching staff not see the scoreboard during the 3rd and 4th quarter? They ran the clock out on themselves? It was almost frustrating to watch from the El Campo side!!

Scoop27
11-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Gillis and his staff outcoached another opponent again-Defense won this game-Doubt Sealy's offense never came close to scoring an offense
-Tried listening to the game on the radio while at the Wharton contest
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=183544&TeamID=217&SearchType=Teams

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 09:32 AM
I bet Sealy's coach will be wearing a wig sunglasses and a hoodie this week after moving the game to EC.

bird_fan
11-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Gillis and his staff outcoached another opponent again-Defense won this game-Doubt Sealy's offense never came close to scoring an offense
-Tried listening to the game on the radio while at the Wharton contest
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=183544&TeamID=217&SearchType=Teams
offensely Sealy had one threat They put together a 7 minute 80 yard march which ended with a fake field goal attempt in the 4th quarter

Saggy Aggie
11-02-2013, 11:22 AM

Do you eat meat?

speedbump
11-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Do you eat meat?

I think what he is saying is,he eats Grizzly and hunts it with a stick.

Scoop27
11-02-2013, 08:39 PM
If Sealy makes the playoffs they should play all their games at their opponent's stadium