PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel vs. Raymondville

Kool Tarpon 21
10-14-2002, 06:40 AM
I hate to admit it, but we haven't beaten Raymondville for two years or more. I know we didn't beat them when I was a freshman and I know we didn't beat them when I was a sophomore. We had the game won last year. I don't know what happened. This year it will change. I know we're going to go all out against this team so they better do the same. We have to practice hard all this week. I know we will because all of us want to beat them. Bearkats you all better watch out for the Tarpons because we're gonna be ready to play you all.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

sinton66
10-14-2002, 06:49 AM
This one could be for the district championship, so get ready for it! Data Poll has you +9 currently, but that will widen. I'm going with PI by 21.

footballgal
10-14-2002, 09:23 AM
sinton66:
This one could be for the district championship, so get ready for it! Data Poll has you +9 currently, but that will widen. I'm going with PI by 21.I agree this will be the Tarpons year to finally beat them after years! Tarpons by 24

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Big Tarp 74
10-14-2002, 09:38 AM
Hey guys, I want you to take it to Raymondville, do not let up. Lyford played Raymondville hard, and out played Raymondville the hole game, and lost it at the last play of the game. Play them the way you all played Rio Hondo. Have no mercy!
I will be in Dallas most of this week, but I will be back in time for the Raymondville game. Good Luck from your devoted Fan Big Tarp 74! :D :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Hey y'all........take this game like it's one of Port Isabel's infamous "paybacks are a B*$%H" games. Take it to 'em, but don't be overly aggressive and get called for stupid personal fouls.

BigKat20
10-15-2002, 02:26 PM
HEY TARPONS? JUST BRING IT, B/C THE BEARKATS ARE READY TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER BEATEN JUST LIKE LAST YEARS. SO BE READY AND PRACTICE HARD, CAUSE THE KATS ARE GOING UNDEFEATED IN DISTRICT. SEE YOU ON THE FIELD FISHIES!!!!!!!!

Bull Butter
10-15-2002, 04:00 PM
Are you talking about the same Raymondville team that had to win nail-biters against Rio Hondo & Lyford??? The same 2 teams that PI beat by identical 45-0 scores!

Kool Tarpon 21
10-15-2002, 09:10 PM
BigKat20:
HEY TARPONS? JUST BRING IT, B/C THE BEARKATS ARE READY TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER BEATEN JUST LIKE LAST YEARS. SO BE READY AND PRACTICE HARD, CAUSE THE KATS ARE GOING UNDEFEATED IN DISTRICT. SEE YOU ON THE FIELD FISHIES!!!!!!!!I don't think last year was a beaten. We only lost by ten points. I don't call that a beaten. I call a beaten winning by 20 or more. Anyways, I am glad you guys are practicing hard for us. Now there is no excuse whenever the best team wins. We're both bringing it hard and nothing else matters. We'll see who the better team is on Friday. We wanted as bad as you all so let's see what happens. See you on the field KITTENS!!!!

Missile #21

Kakarot
10-15-2002, 10:21 PM
I cant wait to play Raymondville, im gonna play them like if they were Los Fresnos thats how bad i want to play them i just cant wait.

nfcfan
10-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Heh, i can't believe the cats think they can win!

Hey Missle, did u ask the coach about the starters playing more than 2 1/2 qtrs?

Also, seems the Tarpons won't get a chance to play Sinton since they r going in as the big school, while we will have the least pop. of the 3 teams going to playoffs in 32-3A.

Tarps by 21.
:rolleyes:

sinton66
10-15-2002, 11:37 PM
You will get the pleasure of meeting either Aransas Pass or West Oso in div.2. I Believe that Oso will also beat Mathis. However, that's still a long way off, so concentrate on one at a time. Data Poll has updated and now has PI by +15. I will stick by my +21. wink

TarponRl3k
10-15-2002, 11:41 PM
If they didn't play so well, maybe they'd be able to play more than 2 1/2 quarters.
No matter how badly PI beat those teams and how Ray'ville beat them, it will still be a tough game. The mindset of both teams will surely be totally different and it will affect the way the teams play. it should be a good game.

<small>[ October 15, 2002, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: TarponRl3k ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-16-2002, 02:00 AM
BigKat20:
HEY TARPONS? JUST BRING IT, B/C THE BEARKATS ARE READY TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER BEATEN JUST LIKE LAST YEARS. SO BE READY AND PRACTICE HARD, CAUSE THE KATS ARE GOING UNDEFEATED IN DISTRICT. SEE YOU ON THE FIELD FISHIES!!!!!!!!Dude, give it up. :rolleyes:

Don't start acting like those fools from Rio Hondo, Raymondville fans and players, at least I think, have a lot more class than that. wink

Just play the game on the field......where it belongs. :D

PITARPONS
10-16-2002, 01:03 PM
BigKat20:
HEY TARPONS? JUST BRING IT, B/C THE BEARKATS ARE READY TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER BEATEN JUST LIKE LAST YEARS. SO BE READY AND PRACTICE HARD, CAUSE THE KATS ARE GOING UNDEFEATED IN DISTRICT. SEE YOU ON THE FIELD FISHIES!!!!!!!!Don't worry about it we are going to win and that's it.

Peace.

GO BIG BLUE!

TarponRl3k
10-16-2002, 05:08 PM
What would be really funny is if the person from Ray'ville that said that wasn't even on the team that beat us the last two years. hehe...

Kool Tarpon 21
10-16-2002, 08:14 PM
I have this feeling about playing Raymondville. I don't know how to explain it, but I like it. I can't wait to go play Raymondville. I hope it turns out to be a good game. I want all you Tarpon fans to go out there and watch this game. We want all the support we can get and you all are going to see a good game. Let's see what happens. See you all Friday at the Stadium at Raymondville.

Missile #21

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-16-2002, 09:46 PM
Kool Tarpon 21:
I have this feeling about playing Raymondville. I don't know how to explain it, but I like it. I can't wait to go play Raymondville. I hope it turns out to be a good game. I want all you Tarpon fans to go out there and watch this game. We want all the support we can get and you all are going to see a good game. Let's see what happens. See you all Friday at the Stadium at Raymondville.

Missile #21It sucks that I can't be there for the game......but always know that i'm there in spirit for my beloved Tarpons. :) BEAT RAYMONDVILLE.

footballgal
10-16-2002, 10:14 PM
My hubby & I will be there for sure! We will hopefully be one of the first ones there, since we live in La Feria, it's alot closer than the people from PI having to drive further. So hopefully we will get good seats. I can't wait I took the day off on Friday & Monday for a long weekend to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. Every year one of the things we have to do is watch a Tarpon game. You may thing this is a little pathetic or not, but we plan our anniversary activities around the Tarpon games every year. Best Wishes to the Blue Machine !!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0MAAAAH0P9Fpg8yjw!n53I2rpKVgJue7ZthGyf0STtp4lFR1w4 m*xSbZIEPSLYgO3XwfJxZns4iF0AHAAOgAvAA/AG00290_0.gif
GO TARPONS GO!
FIGHT TARPONS FIGHT!
WIN TARPONS WIN!
GO FIGHT WIN!!

TarponRl3k
10-16-2002, 11:14 PM
Wow...lots of people like to move on with their lives after high school...apparently this site isn't for those individuals....

How early do you get to the games? Are you one of those that's already situated before the band even gets there? I've always wondered since you always say you're there really early since you live in La Feria.

I'm looking foward to the game. It could be a very exciting one...ok gotta do band stuff...laters!
good luck tarpons

Kool Tarpon 21
10-17-2002, 07:02 AM
It's good to hear that there's people getting ready to watch the game. That just shows how much of a fan they are. I am grateful that people take their time to come watch us play. I know you all won't be disappointed this time because it's going to be a fight. Thanks for all your support.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

footballgal
10-17-2002, 09:00 AM
OK Kristin, I did make a warning that it might sound pathetic to some. I have a passion for high school football, RGV style that's all. This year we have been getting there, I'd say between 6:30 & 6:40 although for the Hidalgo game it was around 6:20 and yeah we almost beat you'll getting there. My hubby joked with the parking lot attendant if he had the key to get in the stadium to get in. I will try to say Hi to you and Missile this Friday and intruduce myself. Kristin do you have redish hair? If I think I know who you are, you're pretty fast. I see how you run to the place and you have a smooth sride you should run track. Anhow, see you'll there tomarrow.

BigKat20
10-17-2002, 02:22 PM
Hey Missel, Im not trying to make this threat it's just that this game is going to be a big one that determines who is going to win. Yes i did play last year as a soph. but im now a better player just like all the other players on the team.Well now words don't mean anything, actions will. So see ya on the field!!!!!!!!!JUST BRING IT!!!!!
FISHIES!!!! GO KATS!!!!!!!

TarponRl3k
10-17-2002, 07:36 PM
footballgal:
OK Kristin, I did make a warning that it might sound pathetic to some. I have a passion for high school football, RGV style that's all. This year we have been getting there, I'd say between 6:30 & 6:40 although for the Hidalgo game it was around 6:20 and yeah we almost beat you'll getting there. My hubby joked with the parking lot attendant if he had the key to get in the stadium to get in. I will try to say Hi to you and Missile this Friday and intruduce myself. Kristin do you have redish hair? If I think I know who you are, you're pretty fast. I see how you run to the place and you have a smooth sride you should run track. Anhow, see you'll there tomarrow.Oh, I wasn't trying to insult you or anything about getting to the games early. I don't blame you. Yeah, my hair is kinda reddish nowadays...lol pretty noticeable, I guess? lol.

You think i run fast? How I run to what place? Oh well...I know Trey and I have to run back and forth a lot before our performance sometimes getting things for the directors and what not...being a drum major isn't the most fun in the world ... I guess that doesnt matter. A smooth stride, huh...that's very interesting

Heh...me run track...we'll see about that.
SOrry...it's just awkward having someone tell me that I'm fast and should run track when...we don't know eachother or anything.
Well, maybe I'll see you at the game.

I think Raymondville is going to put up a pretty good fight tomorrow night but they have slightly been talkin a bit of trash so I'm pretty sure PI will win. I just assume the trash is due to insecurity...that's my opinion, I don't think they're totally ready for PI this year. The horrible win over us last year is probably causing them to underestimate the team we have this year. We only lost about 3 or 4 awesome players to graduation last year but we got more than that added to the Varsity team.
I think PI will win by 7 to 21 points...I don't think Ray'ville will get more than one on PI's defense. I think PI will end up undefeated district champs....if it's not too early to say that.

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: TarponRl3k ]</small>

Wunderkindepiphany
10-17-2002, 09:11 PM
I have a feeling PI is going to really beat Raymondville badly. I mean, they gave LF comp...and that's 'nuff said.

Kool Tarpon 21
10-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Hey #20, you are right about this game being a good one. I wouldn't be all confident if I was you. Let's just concentrate on this game and then we can see what happens later. I'll be sure to "Bring It", but you better do the same thing. Let's see who the best team is. See you tomorrow KITTIES.

GO TARPONS!!!
Missile #21

BigKat20
10-17-2002, 09:23 PM
Hey Missel, I mark my word I will BRING IT! See ya tomorrow Tampons!!!!!!!!!!
GO KATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kool Tarpon 21
10-18-2002, 06:48 AM
Hey #20, how insipid can you be? I knew Raymondville students were ignorant, but I didn't know they were that ignorant. You will bring it huh? We'll see tonight. I'll make sure to "Bring it" too. Finally the day has come. Let's see how well your two weeks of practice went. Well, see you on the field Kitty Kats!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-18-2002, 03:37 PM
BigKat20:
See ya tomorrow Tampons!!!!!!!!!!
GO KATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#20Ok. Did he just call us TAMPONS??? eek!

NO ONE CALLS US TAMPONS and lives to see the light of day again........ :mad:

Missle, Nitro, and the rest of the Tarpons.....kick their butt! :D

nfcfan
10-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Tarpons 45, Raymondville 14

The pussy cats got declawed!!

I don't remember the game announcer calling out #20 for the cats not even once. LOL.

While the announcer kept on calling #21 for the Tarpons, every 3 minutes or so.

Missle you Brought It!!

You got the Defensive MVP honors. wink

sinton66
10-19-2002, 11:38 AM
Congratulations Tarpons and especially to you Missle. That is what it is all about. Let your actions on the field talk for you. Great job! Put it behind you and get ready for the next one! Go Tarpons!