PDA

View Full Version : Weimar High School running back charged with murder

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2013, 06:14 PM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2013/10/weimar-high-school-running-back-charged-with-murder/?cmpid=hpbn

A Texas high school football player is sitting in a Fayette County jail after being charged with first-degree murder, reports say.

JaKyle Harris, 18, and a running back at Weimar High School, is accused of shooting a teenager at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in La Grange early Sunday, according to KPRC, KHOU and the Victoria Advocate.

See Harris photo here

He reportedly was one of three people arrested in the incident.

Police tell KPRC that a fight broke out at the party, and spilled into the parking lot. Dustin Donovan Smith, 19, was fatally shot, and another victim, Quinton Harris, suffered minor injuries. Smith was shot in the back, and Quinton Harris was shot in the arm, the Advocate says.

JaKyle Harris was charged in Smith’s death, KPRC says. Authorities also tell the station that two other suspects were charged with tampering with evidence.

Weimar ISD has released this statement:

“WISD is deeply saddened by the incident that occurred in La Grange, Texas over the weekend. The District’s thoughts and sympathies go out to the families and friends of the victims. The District has no information regarding the incident other than to state that it did not occur in connection with any school function or event. Weimar ISD has no further comment at this time.”

JaKyle Harris’ bond was set at $750,000, and the investigation is continuing, reports say.

Pudlugger
10-29-2013, 06:51 PM
What an utter and complete waste. Not much info in the article regarding circumstances leading up to the shooting just that there was a fight. Apparently family members tried to destroy evidence and are now in jail.

Scoop27
10-29-2013, 07:15 PM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/oct/28/mf_murder_102913_223643/

The Bull #40
10-29-2013, 08:10 PM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2013/10/weimar-high-school-running-back-charged-with-murder/?cmpid=hpbn

A Texas high school football player is sitting in a Fayette County jail after being charged with first-degree murder, reports say.

JaKyle Harris, 18, and a running back at Weimar High School, is accused of shooting a teenager at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in La Grange early Sunday, according to KPRC, KHOU and the Victoria Advocate.

See Harris photo here

He reportedly was one of three people arrested in the incident.

Police tell KPRC that a fight broke out at the party, and spilled into the parking lot. Dustin Donovan Smith, 19, was fatally shot, and another victim, Quinton Harris, suffered minor injuries. Smith was shot in the back, and Quinton Harris was shot in the arm, the Advocate says.

JaKyle Harris was charged in Smith’s death, KPRC says. Authorities also tell the station that two other suspects were charged with tampering with evidence.

Weimar ISD has released this statement:

“WISD is deeply saddened by the incident that occurred in La Grange, Texas over the weekend. The District’s thoughts and sympathies go out to the families and friends of the victims. The District has no information regarding the incident other than to state that it did not occur in connection with any school function or event. Weimar ISD has no further comment at this time.”

JaKyle Harris’ bond was set at $750,000, and the investigation is continuing, reports say.

This is really sad to hear that a young man was killed and that a 3A athlete was involved. I actually knew the Smith kid, he was from the Austin County area. My prayers to his family.

Txbroadcaster
10-29-2013, 08:49 PM
This is really sad to hear that a young man was killed and that a 3A athlete was involved. I actually knew the Smith kid, he was from the Austin County area. My prayers to his family.

Just to point out..Weimar is 1A

MJMbrahmas10
10-29-2013, 11:51 PM
The kid that was fatally shot was from Bellville(3A)

Manso/V8
10-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Smith was shot in the back.

rico
10-30-2013, 03:52 AM
The kid that was fatally shot was from Bellville(3A)
You mentioned he was from Bellville, was he a current player or ex-player? My condolences to
the family.

MJMbrahmas10
10-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Ex player. I don't think he played on the varsity level tho. But I played with his older brother on JV and he would always be around the locker room.

29-3aFAN
10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/oct/28/mf_murder_102913_223643/

hookandladder
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
There was also a shooting at Smithville middle school this morning, unofficial word a young boy shot himself in the bathroom. Last I heard , he is in ICU in Austin. Prayers go out to the family of this young boy, hoping all turns out well.