PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg @ Wimberley

Tejastrue
10-29-2013, 01:25 PM
The Billies have been the surprise of D-27 to say the least. This game could go a long way in salvaging the season for the Texans. For the Wimberley fans, I think we all knew the team would be down a bit but most did not think it would be this much. I still think we have enough talent to get the win. What say you?

Mojo84
10-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Not a Wimberley fan but am not a hater either. Respect best describes my thoughts towards their program.

I think Fred takes this one based on what I've seen in person of Fred and what I've seen of Wimberley on film. The Billies have obviously worked hard in the offseason. They are much more physically stronger (weightroom) than they were last year and tend to execute much better than they have in the past. Over the recent past, Fred would show flashes of brightness and but this year they are much more consistent. They will also come out and exploit any weakness they can. They did a very good job of that with us. Looks like all that preseason scrimmage scouting paid off. (JK)

I think Wimberley will make a game of it for a while. Then I suspect Fred will pull away as the game goes on.

Good luck to both teams for a good injury free game.

Tejastrue
10-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Appreciate that Mojo. I think a lot of us on here expected Moffett to make a difference in Fred. once he was hired. It is definitely paying off this year but I'm going to go ahead and call it now and say the Texans pull the upset by 7. Why the heck not. Go Texans!!

regaleagle
10-29-2013, 11:07 PM
It's really a perfect time for Wimberley to catch this Fred team now. They have worked really hard each week to improve their overall team, and have just gotten their biggest win in years against Navarro. If ever there was a time for a team to be a little less than sharp....it would be this week for Fred. And Wimberley has the history and tradition to do it. And the game is at Wimberley. And Wimberley desparately needs this win not only to assure a playoff spot, but to regain some confidence for its players and fanbase. BUT....even with this scenario in place....the Texans will have to come out and really play mistake-free quality football in order to get the win. As I stated before, this Fred team does have the ability to come back. They have a good QB, good size on the lines, a good kicking game, and a pretty fair defense. Overall, they have proven to be a very worthy competitor....not great....but a tough out.

Tejastrue
10-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Well Regal, I can appreciate what you say but we have not exactly defended our home turf very well this year....but, as I have mentioned before, there is a lot of pride here in Wimberley. I look for a knock down, drag out, tooth and nail game come Friday. It's been a tough year but I don't expect us to go quietly and I'm going to stick my 'Texans by 7' prediction.

regaleagle
10-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Good stuff, Tejasture. You're the kind of athletic supporter the Texans need right now, haha. Sorry, just couldn't resist. But truthfully, I wouldn't expect anything less from you...from what I have learned on here from you and about you over the past several years. In good times it's easy to be a fan....but when things aren't exactly wonderful for your team, that's when true sportsmanship really shows. I can only imagine what my sentiments would be if and when Argyle experiences a similar situation. Good luck to Wimberley the rest of the way. Looks like Fred is in the playoffs in DI anyways. We have Bandera at home to end the season, so I look for that to be a good win going into the playoffs.

Snotbubbles
10-30-2013, 04:18 AM
FB rolls. Though WT isn't much this year, a win just against the Texan name goes a long way still--and, FB needs that assurance and swagger, that they are a solid club. They'll blow Bandera out to end a great district run, capping a sensational season, and will be riding high into playoffs.

FB by 20.

Pudlugger
10-30-2013, 05:33 AM
Fred is playing great football now and going up against a rival that has dominated the area for years but is now in a sort of slump. My money is on the upstart. Fredricksburg wins by 13.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2013, 05:53 AM
Well Regal, I can appreciate what you say but we have not exactly defended our home turf very well this year....
It's the ref factor. ;) (JUST KIDDING, guys!)

panfan
10-30-2013, 08:39 AM
The Billies have momentum on their side going into this contest. But I think Texans have a played an overall tougher schedule and their losses have not been blowouts. I can see the Texans taking this one at home, say by 10.

regaleagle
10-30-2013, 10:24 AM
IMO, a win by the Texans here would NOT damage the psche of this Fred team....maybe just the opposite. Fred is really in a great position here. IF they do lose to Wimberley, they still make the playoffs(assuming they beat Bandera at home the following week). They have defeated Navarro already, so they win that tiebreaker. And Wimberley already has 2 district losses. So Ima thinkin' that Fred can lose to Wimbo and still win the district title by winning against Bandera the following week. Maybe the district title will be "shared" with Navarro if they win out, but the seeding for the playoffs will not be affected. It's really a no-lose situation for the Billies. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Gone Fishing
10-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Wimberley is dangerous for any coach facing them because they still have good talent, but they just can't put it all to gather, yet, maybe. If they do they can beat Fred and could have beat a few others they lost to that they were as good as (IMO) , but just didnt play good for the whole game. I think they could win Friday and next Friday and head to the playoffs feeling a lot better. To do that IMO, The QB play and the coaches play calling has to get much better and the corners and safeties have to play better and I don't just mean pass defense, but more run support too. To many times a good run play against us should go for maybe 6 or 7yds with a have too tackle from a safety or corner, but it goes for 20 or 25 before they can chase it down. I would say out of position or just not reading the play fast enough and shooting the alley. I'm not degrading any of these boys and they all have the potential to play much better and win some play off games. (yes that means beat LV) They are giving 100%, thats easy to tell, I hope they can beat Fred and Boerne, then LV better be ready.

Tejastrue
10-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Good stuff, Tejasture. You're the kind of athletic supporter the Texans need right now, haha. Sorry, just couldn't resist. But truthfully, I wouldn't expect anything less from you...from what I have learned on here from you and about you over the past several years. In good times it's easy to be a fan....but when things aren't exactly wonderful for your team, that's when true sportsmanship really shows. I can only imagine what my sentiments would be if and when Argyle experiences a similar situation. Good luck to Wimberley the rest of the way. Looks like Fred is in the playoffs in DI anyways. We have Bandera at home to end the season, so I look for that to be a good win going into the playoffs.
Appreciate the words regal, well maybe not the supporter thing..haha. We have a great fanbase here and I am surprised at the lack of posts from the Wimberley faithful in spite of the recent downturn. Not for me to judge. I am jealous of your situation now where you are enjoying the success of two teams. I hope we can slow that down just a bit this week for one of those. lol

Los Owls
10-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Wimberley is still Wimberley,they have to be respected each Friday night..They are not having a good season as the past but,they still have a shot at the playoffs...I'm just surprised to see not too many wImBo WaCkOs posting..I guess it makes you wonder if they are really loyal fans....:confused:

ogg
10-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Wimberley is still Wimberley,they have to be respected each Friday night..They are not having a good season as the past but,they still have a shot at the playoffs...I'm just surprised to see not too many wImBo WaCkOs posting..I guess it makes you wonder if they are really loyal fans....:confused:

Cause you know two bit forums like this one define "real loyal fans" Lost Owl. LOL

ogg
10-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Wimberley is dangerous for any coach facing them because they still have good talent, but they just can't put it all to gather, yet, maybe. If they do they can beat Fred and could have beat a few others they lost to that they were as good as (IMO) , but just didnt play good for the whole game. I think they could win Friday and next Friday and head to the playoffs feeling a lot better. To do that IMO, The QB play and the coaches play calling has to get much better and the corners and safeties have to play better and I don't just mean pass defense, but more run support too. To many times a good run play against us should go for maybe 6 or 7yds with a have too tackle from a safety or corner, but it goes for 20 or 25 before they can chase it down. I would say out of position or just not reading the play fast enough and shooting the alley. I'm not degrading any of these boys and they all have the potential to play much better and win some play off games. (yes that means beat LV) They are giving 100%, thats easy to tell, I hope they can beat Fred and Boerne, then LV better be ready.

If they play as a team, execute plays/blocks, play 4 full quarters, WT will win.

Gone Fishing
10-30-2013, 08:34 PM
If they play as a team, execute plays/blocks, play 4 full quarters, WT will win.

yup ogg.....Lost owls its safe to say wimbo wacko's or whatever we are called have more posters than most......

sandmaster
10-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Going with Fred in this one!

Tejastrue
10-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Wimberley is still Wimberley,they have to be respected each Friday night..They are not having a good season as the past but,they still have a shot at the playoffs...I'm just surprised to see not too many wImBo WaCkOs posting..I guess it makes you wonder if they are really loyal fans....:confused: Just be quiet and pick us wackos to lose again. :thumbsup:

rb585
10-31-2013, 10:17 AM

And if my aunt had a weiner, she'd be my uncle.

Last week Fred rolled up 468 yards against a Navarro team that held us to 2 yards rushing. We got outgained 400-150 by a Canyon Lake team that Fred beat by 24. We have done nothing in the the past six weeks to give me any reason to be optimistic. Like I said before, there's something very wrong when a high school football team plays better in September than they do in October.

It's nice to talk about our history and tradition as if it's a life vest, but if the team doesn't buy into that pride, it means absolutely diddly.

Turin
10-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Like I said before, there's something very wrong when a high school football team plays better in September than they do in October.

This is what happened to LH last year and was a combination of injuries and internal issues. WT appears to be having the exact same thing. We have bounced back this year and I would expect WT to do the same next year.

LV_Bearfan
10-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Gone Fishing

The Bears will be ready......getting better every week.

Tejastrue
10-31-2013, 02:48 PM

Last week Fred rolled up 468 yards against a Navarro team that held us to 2 yards rushing. We got outgained 400-150 by a Canyon Lake team that Fred beat by 24. We have done nothing in the the past six weeks to give me any reason to be optimistic. Like I said before, there's something very wrong when a high school football team plays better in September than they do in October.

It's nice to talk about our history and tradition as if it's a life vest, but if the team doesn't buy into that pride, it means absolutely diddly. I'm going to approach this with the "glass half full" mentality and look back at the Llano game where they only scored 16 (16-13 Fred win) and had 230+ total yards. Llano was also missing their star QB. That's the game film I'd be watching this week. lol

techex95
10-31-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm going to approach this with the "glass half full" mentality and look back at the Llano game where they only scored 16 (16-13 Fred win) and had 230+ total yards. Llano was also missing their star QB. That's the game film I'd be watching this week. lol

Fred was missing 3 starting offensive linemen to injury when they played Llano as well as their leading receiver. The Billies were happy to get out of that game with a win. They are much better on offense than they were 5 weeks ago. Good luck to both teams. But I will pick the Billies by 10.

ogg
10-31-2013, 05:03 PM

It's nice to talk about our history and tradition as if it's a life vest, but if the team doesn't buy into that pride, it means absolutely diddly.

and that would be the dark side of one's family.

But that's my point, WT would have to play a perfect game to win, or Fred a horrible one.

rb585
10-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Just be quiet and pick us wackos to lose again. :thumbsup:

Haha, this right here Los Owls! You're our best chance!

Tejastrue
10-31-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm trying to pull out all the stops rb585. I've got a shady acquaintance working on some Billie voodoo dolls as I am posting this reply. lol

Pudlugger
10-31-2013, 08:23 PM

That's the most Pud-like post of this thread! Congratulations Ogg, way to support your team!

ogg
10-31-2013, 09:01 PM
That's the most Pud-like post of this thread! Congratulations Ogg, way to support your team!

Hey, I was at the CL game. they failed on all three. But I thank you for supporting the Texans. :rolleyes:

Gone Fishing
10-31-2013, 09:06 PM
The game Its in our favor.... 15 inches of rain which is More rain down the dry Cypress (s) since 40 years (most ,if not all WT posters have no idea what I'm talking about, lol) and all the little creeks that feed into it too, and of course running into Cypress creek all the way down and through Wimberley and then into the Blanco,,,,gave us back the mojo that took the voodo of the whodo off our ass..... Washed it right away!!! Therefore I say WT's win and then beat Boerne......Anybody believe in mojo? Oh and its Halloween Week too! It's a changing, right now!!!!
Heard it here first......lol.

wimbo_pro
11-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Never mistake reduced posting on a website for lack of loyalty...we are all still here, just waiting for things to turn around. Not sure they will turn as much as they could, but they will turn. Lets hope tonight!

wimbo_pro
11-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Plus...we have a big spike in talent coming down the pike, so we are all good here, despite what happens this year (which I still have hopes for a decent play off showing). We are all good!

catfish
11-01-2013, 06:05 PM
My mother said,"if you can't say anything nice,don't say anything at all". I hope that all Texan fans understand that the players and coaches are trying as hard as they can.Sometimes you just have to have patience,show support,and even in the bad times,keep on cheering for the kids.GO TEXANS!!

2bits
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM
It was a competitive first half. Texans were up 21-14 at the break but the Billies came out and lit it up in the 2nd half and ran away with it. Final score 36-21.

rb585
11-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Congrats to the Billies on their district title.

We aren't good at blocking, and we aren't good at tackling. But what's more disturbing is that we've seen this second half before...
1. Trailed LaVernia 17-16 at half, lost 31-16
2. Led Liberty Hill 10-7 at half, lost 21-10
3. Led Fred 21-14 at half, lost 36-21
What's going on in the halftime locker room? Can we skip halftime next week and go straight to he 3rd quarter?

lbjacj
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Congrats to the Billies on their district title.

We aren't good at blocking, and we aren't good at tackling. But what's more disturbing is that we've seen this second half before...
1. Trailed LaVernia 17-16 at half, lost 31-16
2. Led Liberty Hill 10-7 at half, lost 21-10
3. Led Fred 21-14 at half, lost 36-21
What's going on in the halftime locker room? Can we skip halftime next week and go straight to he 3rd quarter?

Really shows how much we miss Nelms. He always made great 2nd half adjustments. As bad as we have been we still make the playoffs if we beat Boerne next week!

Tejastrue
11-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Congrats to Fredericksburg. You took it to us in the 2nd half and shut us down and that is what champions do...congrats!!. I know we have one more week but best of luck in the playoffs and represent D-27 well!!

Tejastrue
11-01-2013, 11:35 PM
If we are not good at blocking and tackling, what good is halftime? Just delaying the inevitable.? No disrespect guys, but neither Coach Nelms or Coach Smith are here. They are not coming back. They are too busy getting their asses handed to them in Weatherford. It's been a humbling season for all to say the least but I've come to the conclusion that it's time to rally around this Texan team and coaching staff and show some real support. Yes, it's a mulligan year so a 4th team gets into the playoffs but that 4th team can be the Texans. I'll be in Boerne come next Friday to cheer them on. Go Texans!!

regaleagle
11-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Congrats to Fredericksburg. You took it to us in the 2nd half and shut us down and that is what champions do...congrats!!. I know we have one more week but best of luck in the playoffs and represent D-27 well!!

I hope that this post gets read by many, many viewers and posters on this site. This is the kind of sportsmanship and quality posting that makes this site better, and gives Texas high school football fanbases an example to follow. I tip my hat to Tejastrue for being true to his Texans and true to his love of the game. Good luck to your Texans going forward starting next week. It ain't over til it's over. I'll be pulling for Wimberley to make the playoffs with a win over Boerne next week....no disrespect to Boerne faithful.

Los Owls
11-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Sorry to hear ya'll lost.WiMbO wAcKoS..Oh Well.Billies were just better..Better luck next week....Goodnight..:sleeping:

wimbo_pro
11-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear ya'll lost.WiMbO wAcKoS..Oh Well.Billies were just better..Better luck next week....Goodnight..:sleeping:

You think? LOL...appears a lot of teams are better than us this year. But you know what?...its ok. We are going to learn from all this and make the most of it. Let's win next week, and make what's left of this year the beginning of a new run for the coming years. Disappointing? Of course. The end of the world? Hardly. Congrats to the Billies.

Snotbubbles
11-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Congrats FB. No surprise in regards of WT. Been saying it since Floresville scrimmage. None would have any of it of course. But, I could tell out the gate, this is no WT team I've seen past 5 years. As predicted, 1 and done in the playoffs for them.

Not a hater either. Just an honest outsiders take. Didn't see a 4th place finish though.

Los Owls
11-02-2013, 12:45 PM
You think? LOL...appears a lot of teams are better than us this year. But you know what?...its ok. We are going to learn from all this and make the most of it. Let's win next week, and make what's left of this year the beginning of a new run for the coming years. Disappointing? Of course. The end of the world? Hardly. Congrats to the Billies.

Now,that's what i like to hear,no excuses...You have a great sports attitude wimbo_pro...I respect yuo for that...Goodluck next week...