PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Gilbert has found a home.

Tejastrue
10-29-2013, 01:08 PM
I guess the change of scenery has done him good. Longhorns knew he had the ability. Glad to see he is doing well. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24151450/cbssportscom-players-of-the-week-oct-28

Old Tiger
10-29-2013, 05:03 PM
This is the first year he has had more touchdowns than interceptions in his college career.

Tejastrue
10-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I believe his stats put him in the top 5-6 in the nation. I'm thinking Junes Jones was a godsend for him. Very, very good coach.

Tricky
10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
I believe his stats put him in the top 5-6 in the nation. I'm thinking Junes Jones was a godsend for him. Very, very good coach.

He finally has some coaching for the first time since high school.

D'Highlander
10-30-2013, 08:16 AM
He finally has some coaching for the first time since high school.

:iagree:

Field General
10-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Yes, and don't forget that Hal Mumme is the Passing Coordinator. Jones and Mumme much better than what he had received earlier!!!

ogg
10-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Tale of two qbs, good and bad. watched him at LT on three different games and he was so good he was unreal, 5 star qb. As a Horns his throws were all over the place, too low, too high, behind receivers. Never got any better.

Old Tiger
10-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Tale of two qbs, good and bad. watched him at LT on three different games and he was so good he was unreal, 5 star qb. As a Horns his throws were all over the place, too low, too high, behind receivers. Never got any better.

The offense he ran in HS allowed him to get away with a lot of throws he made IMO. Most of his receivers were wide open but once he got to college those spaces disappeared quickly and it's taken him longer than normal to adjust his accuracy to the collegiate level.

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2013, 04:21 AM
The offense he ran in HS allowed him to get away with a lot of throws he made IMO. Most of his receivers were wide open but once he got to college those spaces disappeared quickly and it's taken him longer than normal to adjust his accuracy to the collegiate level.
I've always wondered if the start of his college career helped contribute to it. How many plays had he been on the field that first season before 'Bama? Five, maybe ten? Then the next year, there were not really any capable receivers. He was a lot better QB than what you saw then.

Tejastrue
12-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Patriots signed him to their practice squad. Not sure if this means a thing but with Belichick who knows...this could be a promising move for the young man or nothing at all.

hookandladder
12-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Happy to see he is having some success , did not work out at Texas however that's what a fresh start can do for a young man. Wish him the best.

regaleagle
12-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Yes.....fresh starts sometimes can make all the difference in football and in life. Good luck to Garrett Gilbert going forward. I believe this is a worthwhile pick.

Old Tiger
12-09-2017, 01:52 PM

Good theory. Ironically this was your last post.