PDA

View Full Version : OMG West Orange-Stark likely going D1 for the first time in 8 years... I'm scurred

WOS87
10-28-2013, 05:43 PM
If Bridge City doesn't make the playoffs WO-S is going D1 with Silsbee from our district

Old Coach Playoff Predictions Region III 3A DI

Robinson vs Taylor
Palestine vs Jasper
West Orange-Stark vs Huffman
Houston Yates vs West Columbia
Waco LaVega vs Navasota
Mexia vs Carthage
Silsbee vs Cleveland

Lot's of history with 9 of those schools yet WO-S would be the smallest in enrollment I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. A WO-S vs Yates game I'd drive a 1000 miles to go to as it would be a rematch from the 1985 Yates State Champion team with WO-S in the Regionals at the Astrodome where we had them beat until 5 minutes left in the game

Necked
10-28-2013, 08:11 PM
A WO-S vs Yates game I'd drive a 1000 miles to go to as it would be a rematch from the 1985 Yates State Champion team

Sorry to disappoint you my friend, but they are far removed from the team ya'll played in '85. You'll most likely have to settle for playing Columbia instead...

WOS87
10-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Sorry to disappoint you my friend, but they are far removed from the team ya'll played in '85. You'll most likely have to settle for playing Columbia instead...

I'll take either one of you... We're undefeated against Columbia... would love to tie things up with Yates... given we even beat Silsbee and are in the same side of the bracket. Looking WAY ahead.. Good luck to everyone

GUNHO
10-29-2013, 10:56 AM
WOS87 BC would have to win out to make it and they play us Friday so that ain't going to happen.Silsbee was picked to win our district with what they had coming back and WO-S is in a rebuilding year.Well those kids at WO-S have really came through and Silsbee has no lock on this thing yet.