PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 GOTW: Carrollton Ranchview (4-4, 0-2) @ Frisco Lone Star (5-4, 0-3)

SHSBulldog00
10-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Big Game in District 10 Playoff Hunt

Eagle11
10-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Big Game in District 10 Playoff Hunt
this has a lot of importance to district 9 no one wants to play argyle!

SHSBulldog00
10-28-2013, 10:53 AM

A lot of Division 2 teams around the state are hoping Argyle goes D1!

lostaussie
10-28-2013, 12:09 PM
A lot of Division 2 teams around the state are hoping Argyle goes D1!If it happens it happens. The first two rounds may not want to play them......but we won't care. Them Argylians are quite sure of themselves......we are too. I kinda hope it happens again!!!

hollywood
10-28-2013, 01:53 PM

Stephenville does! Argyle may want to just go DII so they don't have to face a buzz saw 2 weeks in a row. They can pick their poison.. Gilmer in DII or Kilgore and Stephenville in DI.

waterboy
10-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Neither division will be easy, and nobody knows for sure which division will be tougher to get through. If Argyle does indeed go D1, we will miss our annual slugfest. We finally go over that hump last year, and I think we could do it again.

buckeyebob
10-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Neither division will be easy, and nobody knows for sure which division will be tougher to get through. If Argyle does indeed go D1, we will miss our annual slugfest. We finally go over that hump last year, and I think we could do it again.

Yes indeed!

D'Highlander
10-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Stephenville does! Argyle may want to just go DII so they don't have to face a buzz saw 2 weeks in a row. They can pick their poison.. Gilmer in DII or Kilgore and Stephenville in DI.

Argyle is almost for sure going D1 arent they?

lostaussie
10-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Argyle is almost for sure going D1 arent they?I thought so.......but it seems everyone a winless team in their district plays it has some consequences: D

BLACK ATTACK
10-28-2013, 07:32 PM
If it happens it happens. The first two rounds may not want to play them......but we won't care. Them Argylians are quite sure of themselves......we are too. I kinda hope it happens again!!!

Funny, I haven't seen anyone on here beating their chests except you guys and the yellowjackets. So, although the one thing that I am quite sure of is that Argyle is pretty good, we will just play our games and let it turn out like it turns out.

hollywood
10-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Funny, I haven't seen anyone on here beating their chests except you guys and the yellowjackets. So, although the one thing that I am quite sure of is that Argyle is pretty good, we will just play our games and let it turn out like it turns out.

Black.. It's all in fun. We know Argyle, Gilmer, Kilgore, Stephenville, Carthage, Navasota, Belleville, El Campo and maybe even Graham ;) are strong contenders to go deep.

By the way.. It is one game at a time. ;)

Aguilafanatico
10-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Black.. It's all in fun. We know Argyle, Gilmer, Kilgore, Stephenville, Carthage, Navasota, Belleville, El Campo and maybe even Graham ;) are strong contenders to go deep.

By the way.. It is one game at a time. ;)

Not really sure how this will all work out. I assumed that we would be going D1 after Aubrey beat Lone Star. Been tough getting a good nights rest ever since.:). Is there a scenario that would put Argyle in D2?

Aguilafanatico
10-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Argyle is almost for sure going D1 arent they?

Looks to me that Argyle is already set for D1. The best Lone Star can do is 1-3 in district and the worst Aubrey can do is 1-3. Aubrey owns the tb due to their win over LS. Aubrey and Celina are locks for D2. Argyle is in for D1 with either Ranchview or LS. Correct me if I am wrong.

BLACK ATTACK
10-28-2013, 10:32 PM
I believe that Argyle would POTENTIALLY go back D2 if.......

Ranchview beats Aubrey
Lone Star beats Ranchview

Creating a 3 way tie, then....

Ranchview beats Aubrey by more than 13
Lonestar beats Ranchview by more than 13

Best information i could get

Aguilafanatico
10-29-2013, 08:54 AM

Ranchview beats Aubrey

Thanks for clearing it up.

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2013, 11:12 AM

Ranchview beats Aubrey

Crazy but true. However I don't think Ranchview beats Aubrey......

marler1972
10-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Crazy but true. However I don't think Ranchview beats Aubrey......

Remember Aubrey plays Argyle and they could get beat up pretty good this week. Aubrey only had 25 players on the field this last week. I think Lonestar beats Ranchview this week and then Ranchview turns around and beats Aubrey next week. Just my opinion.

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Remember Aubrey plays Argyle and they could get beat up pretty good this week. Aubrey only had 25 players on the field this last week. I think Lonestar beats Ranchview this week and then Ranchview turns around and beats Aubrey next week. Just my opinion.

Far as that goes they kinda got beat up at our house....... It could happen. I am going to watch the Aubrey Argyle game.....

firstdown
10-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Far as that goes they kinda got beat up at our house....... It could happen. I am going to watch the Aubrey Argyle game.....

I'm guessing that Celina fans and their coaches will have their own section at this game. Please wear orange so we can easily spot you, and get there early for the tailgating. See ya there....

regaleagle
10-29-2013, 10:14 PM

Ranchview beats Aubrey

Absolutely correctomundo....and easiest way to explain it. And very possible. In this game upcoming, LS must win by 2 TD's, then have Ranchview win by 2 TD's over Aubrey the following week. If that happens, Aubrey is out and Argyle goes DII. It could very well happen. Stay tuned to this week's game, folks. That's why this is the Region II GOTW.

PS>>>If Lone Star does NOT defeat Ranchview by at least 13 points, then next week's contest with Aubrey means nothing and Argyle will go DI. It's an IF and THEN thing.

hollywood
10-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Absolutely correctomundo....and easiest way to explain it. And very possible. In this game upcoming, LS must win by 2 TD's, then have Ranchview win by 2 TD's over Aubrey the following week. If that happens, Aubrey is out and Argyle goes DII. It could very well happen. Stay tuned to this week's game, folks. That's why this is the Region II GOTW.

What would most fans, coaches, players prefer? Argyle to go DI or DII? And why?

regaleagle
10-29-2013, 10:36 PM

Can't really speak for the majority, but if I was guessing from knowing Coach Rodgers, I'd say he has this team ready to play DI all the way to Jerryworld. When I say this, I mean he already has them psychologically prepared to play ANY team in 3A this season....and to win....in order to get to Jerryworld. To me personally, I'd like to see a different road to Jerryworld this season with a Kilgore, Tyler CH(or whomever), then perhaps a Stephenville in the semis. Argyle hasn't played these schools before, and it would add to the mystique and excitement of each game with those schools from everyone's perspective...even fans that are just onlookers. Any way you look at it, the team has to win out in order to get to the championship game anyway. Gilmer and Graham ain't no slouches, either. So it's a tough road for Argyle either way. Might as well look at some new scenery along the way....ya know?

firstdown
10-30-2013, 07:35 AM

Give me DII and Gilmer please, we have some unfinished business with them. However DI would be entertaining.

hollywood
10-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Can't really speak for the majority, but if I was guessing from knowing Coach Rodgers, I'd say he has this team ready to play DI all the way to Jerryworld. When I say this, I mean he already has them psychologically prepared to play ANY team in 3A this season....and to win....in order to get to Jerryworld. To me personally, I'd like to see a different road to Jerryworld this season with a Kilgore, Tyler CH(or whomever), then perhaps a Stephenville in the semis. Argyle hasn't played these schools before, and it would add to the mystique and excitement of each game with those schools from everyone's perspective...even fans that are just onlookers. Any way you look at it, the team has to win out in order to get to the championship game anyway. Gilmer and Graham ain't no slouches, either. So it's a tough road for Argyle either way. Might as well look at some new scenery along the way....ya know?

Give me DII and Gilmer please, we have some unfinished business with them. However DI would be entertaining.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I could see both sides. Unfinished business with Gilmer in DII and opportunity to play teams Argyle hasn't ever played in DI. Either route, will be a challenge. We'll know more after this Friday night. ;)

waterboy
10-30-2013, 10:50 AM

I wouldn't mind the opportunity to even the series. We don't want to leave any doubts. If y'all do go D1, we will definitely miss our annual slugfest.

gatordaze
10-30-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't think any combination will be 2 TD games. having played all three, I see Ranchview, Aubrey and LS in that order and all pretty close.

nt7on7
10-30-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't think any combination will be 2 TD games. having played all three, I see Ranchview, Aubrey and LS in that order and all pretty close.

If Cannon is out because of ejection last week, and Wilds is still out from his head injury (I can't believe he wouldn't be), then Aubrey is really, really lacking in healthy running backs. Couple that with Argyle's defense, and Aubrey will be hurting by the time Game 10 rolls around. If everyone is healthy, I think Aubrey wins against Ranchview. But they aren't, and they may not.

marler1972
10-30-2013, 01:07 PM
If Cannon is out because of ejection last week, and Wilds is still out from his head injury (I can't believe he wouldn't be), then Aubrey is really, really lacking in healthy running backs. Couple that with Argyle's defense, and Aubrey will be hurting by the time Game 10 rolls around. If everyone is healthy, I think Aubrey wins against Ranchview. But they aren't, and they may not.

Didn't Aubrey have two kids ejected?

gatordaze
10-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Didn't Aubrey have two kids ejected?

yep, #52 and #20

marler1972
10-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Thats what I thought so will they both have to sit out?

gatordaze
10-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Thats what I thought so will they both have to sit out?

Coach Josh says for a half

BILLYFRED0000
10-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Coach Josh says for a half
That still has a nice ring to it.

OldNavy
10-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Lone Star is leading Ranchview 21 - 0 with less than two minutes left in the first half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

OldNavy
11-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Lone Star is leading Ranchview 21 - 0 with less than two minutes left in the first half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Lone Star won 34 - 20. So the stage is set. Can Ranchview beat Aubrey by 13?

marler1972
11-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Lone Star won 34 - 20. So the stage is set. Can Ranchview beat Aubrey by 13?

Well depends on how many kids Aubrey has ejected this week they had 2 last week and they did not have many boys last week against Celina. I am going to predict yes.

Aguilafanatico
11-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Well depends on how many kids Aubrey has ejected this week they had 2 last week and they did not have many boys last week against Celina. I am going to predict yes.

Why were the kids ejected?

marler1972
11-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Why were the kids ejected?

Not real sure they came after personal fouls.