PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 GOTW: China Spring (5-3, 1-2) @ Robinson (7-1, 2-1)

SHSBulldog00
10-28-2013, 10:03 AM
District 17 is getting close as we close in on the end of the regular season. Can we expect another close game here?

Bosqueville
10-28-2013, 10:37 AM
If China Spring does not get it together on defense this could get ugly...

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM
"Close" is relative. They will have to outscore us :)

buff4ever
10-28-2013, 01:43 PM
I heard the china spring coach has a little surprise in store for this one. I am going with china spring by 28.

defense51
10-28-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure what to think about China Spring this year. I thought they played very well against Alvarado, then lost to Lampassas and gave up 79 points against Connally. I'll pick Robinson by 14 unless the China Spring RB is healthy and playing, in my opinion he's a game changer.

FB-fanatic
10-28-2013, 04:45 PM
I heard the china spring coach has a little surprise in store for this one. I am going with china spring by 28.

He's bringing Shawn and Hicks back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2013, 10:46 AM
He's bringing Shawn and Hicks back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

No big surprises.

caleb_mccaig
10-30-2013, 03:26 PM
China Spring D needs to figure it out quick. My insider at CS doesn't seem too confident this week.

varsity parent
10-30-2013, 06:34 PM
China Spring D needs to figure it out quick. My insider at CS doesn't seem too confident this week.
Maybe, maybe not. We in 17-3A know how unpredictable this district can be on any Friday night. Somebody always throws the backdoor curveball when its least expected. Just ask the trib sports writers.

caleb_mccaig
10-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Maybe, maybe not. We in 17-3A know how unpredictable this district can be on any Friday night. Somebody always throws the backdoor curveball when its least expected. Just ask the trib sports writers.

Oh, I know , I played in 17-3a for two years before being re-aligned in the district with Glen Rose and what not. It wasn't as much of a log jam then as it is now though apparently.

Rocket Man
11-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Rockets win 44-27 and I think anyone at the game would agree with me that the refs thought they were getting paid by the flag.

FB-fanatic
11-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Come on Rocket Man. This was the Game of the Week. Need more details!

I will say this, after last weeks emotional shootout, found we had a tough time getting the wheels on this week. You guys had back to back big games.

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Rockets win 44-27 and I think anyone at the game would agree with me that the refs thought they were getting paid by the flag.

Real classy on the last TD and 2 point conversion.

bp80884
11-02-2013, 02:16 AM
Come on Rocket Man. This was the Game of the Week. Need more details!

I will say this, after last weeks emotional shootout, found we had a tough time getting the wheels on this week. You guys had back to back big games.

I'll tell you all about it next Friday. But first I want to know why y'all played your 7th grade b team in the 1st half tonight? What's with that early score?

Looking forward to seeing y'all next week. I really hope we get a pic of them together after the game. How is Harris about that stuff and would he get shot talking to a China Spring Cougar?

bp80884
11-02-2013, 03:17 AM
Real classy on the last TD and 2 point conversion.

Only class I saw wearing uniforms and on the field were the band and dance teams.

I know a lot of the fans in 17-3a (or any where for that matter) do not like China Spring, but for the fans to be yelling the derogatory things that they were when the health of a child (no matter the team) is in question is, well that's Robinson Low because you set the bar tonight.

As usual, there are many great people in Robinson, but now all I think about when I think about that waste of a space between Lorena and China Spring is Darlene Gentry and those fans/chain gang who are probably missing their friend.

Additionally, if coach Bell heard any of our fans or team say the same things that are said to us, we would be asked to shut our mouth or leave.

Now most of you do not like us because of our coach. Well, I do not like our coach either. I have had an encounter or possibly 2, but it is not because we both have different goals, as we want to prepare a young man to be a real man out of choice, not necessity. Additionally, a few days ago, my son came home and said he now understands why coach has coached him the way he has. My son does not love football, but he is very good (all district at 2 positions as a junior- 1st year of varsity). Coach Bell put him in the best possible at any time to be successful. I would imagine that most other coaches either can't because they have no clue how, or they don't know the talent they'll have every year. I would also imagine their are coaches that won't because they don't care. Well Bell Does. So keep hating him and us and when we take your 8th grade studs that turns into a 4 year starter in China Spring, don't be surprised because he is getting a much better return on his personal investment. Oh, congrats on the one final last shot you got in at the in.

Nick Florence(Thanks Nick) taught us a lesson this morning @ 630am that I think will help us more than anything tonight; it is not about us. When we focus on us it is easy to get the high but it is easier to get the low (remind you of anything? I did some research today and when that question is presented, it is pretty much a 25% split on drug addition, team, family and Christianity

Rocket Man
11-02-2013, 04:52 AM
Geez guys, all I did was report the score.

With regard to derogatory comments when one of the CS kids was hurt, I didn't hear them, but if you did then I'm sorry that happened. We all have folks in our communities that do less than desirable things; however, I think it is wrong to paint the overall community in a bad light as a result.