PDA

View Full Version : El Campo @ Sealy

speedbump
10-27-2013, 05:42 PM
The Tigers offense against the Ricebirds defense. I'll take EC 24-10

Pudlugger
10-27-2013, 06:02 PM
This will be another good game in D25. EC and Sealy are both playing real good football. Sealy might steal a win but I think EC gets it by 10.

The Bull #40
10-27-2013, 06:56 PM
I believe I'll be watching this one Friday night instead of going to watch Bellville at Needville(I think they'll win handily). I am excited to watch this one, from the EC side of course, in Sealy. I've heard Sealy is starting to gel at the perfect time which could put EC on upset alert and possibly us in the last week of the regular season. If their passing game is anything like I've been hearing, I'm worried how our weak pass defense will hold up. But this week, GO EC!!!

speedbump
10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
I believe I'll be watching this one Friday night instead of going to watch Bellville at Needville(I think they'll win handily). I am excited to watch this one, from the EC side of course, in Sealy. I've heard Sealy is starting to gel at the perfect time which could put EC on upset alert and possibly us in the last week of the regular season. If their passing game is anything like I've been hearing, I'm worried how our weak pass defense will hold up. But this week, GO EC!!!

As has been the case for the last two years, we will soften them up for you like we have everyone else. They should give the Birds a piece of that district crown. But you guys will have to take care of business in case Columbus turns out to be as good as Wharton. :)

speedbump
10-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Just heard BJ Flagg is out for the remainder of the year.(broken ankle) It's hard to replace a 6'2 235 lb RB with 4.55 speed, but I think his absence will hurt more on defense than offense. On offense it looks like the Kevin Dove era will begin a little early unless Gillis has a different plan. On defense I don't know how in the world they will fill that void. He was a beast. Injuries have been many in Ricebird land this year. Starting MLB, best defensive lineman (also started on O) and now the second of our back field starters among others,all out for the season. Oh well - line em up and kick off. EC will be there.

Roughneck93
10-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Just heard BJ Flagg is out for the remainder of the year.(broken ankle) It's hard to replace a 6'2 235 lb RB with 4.55 speed, but I think his absence will hurt more on defense than offense. On offense it looks like the Kevin Dove era will begin a little early unless Gillis has a different plan. On defense I don't know how in the world they will fill that void. He was a beast. Injuries have been many in Ricebird land this year. Starting MLB, best defensive lineman (also started on O) and now the second of our back field starters among others,all out for the season. Oh well - line em up and kick off. EC will be there.

Damn, hate to hear that.

Weebe
10-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Yeah, BJ was pretty much our entire offense. Tough since it looked like the team was just figuring things out.

Not sure what El Campo will look like now.

Pudlugger
10-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Did he break it in the Needville game? I feel for the young man, he was a big contributor on his team and must be very disappointed. That is really a tough loss for the Ricebirds. This will change the odds on the Sealy and Columbus games. Boy D25 is really going to be sticky for the next week or two.

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 08:28 AM

WOW that really sucks is this his Sr year?

BCain1963
10-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Yes, Flagg is a Sr. Really don't know if he has been recruit by any collage but this can't be good. He is a really important part of the team. But I don't think it will stop him from being a leader.

bd62
10-29-2013, 01:50 PM
I feel really bad for that young man. Class kid in a class program.
Coach Gillis allways has his kids really to play and everyone
will step it up a notch because of these injuries.

Scoop27
10-29-2013, 04:07 PM
East Bernard has had three season-ending injuries including coach Jerry Long's son Trevor in the first scrimmage.
Lost another starter before the season started. Another player broke his knee in last week's game against Van Vleck

speedbump
10-29-2013, 04:14 PM
East Bernard has had three season-ending injuries including coach Jerry Long's son Trevor in the first scrimmage.
Lost another starter before the season started. Another player broke his knee in last week's game against Van Vleck

Must be something in the Wharton County water.

speedbump
10-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Well folks , will it never end? Kevin Dove who was probably headed for unanimous choice AD on defense and was to replace Flagg in the back field went down in practice yesterday. Not sure how serious it is but he was helped of the field and was putting no weight on it at all. None. Gillis and Condra will figure out a way to win one of our two remaining games and maybe both but it will be an uphill battle and success in the playoffs is looking pretty bleak. What were easily our two best defensive players out and Sealys offense ahead. Gonna be a tough one.

1stnurseryman
10-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Well folks , will it never end? Kevin Dove who was probably headed for unanimous choice AD on defense and was to replace Flagg in the back field went down in practice yesterday. Not sure how serious it is but he was helped of the field and was putting no weight on it at all. None. Gillis and Condra will figure out a way to win one of our two remaining games and maybe both but it will be an uphill battle and success in the playoffs is looking pretty bleak. What were easily our two best defensive players out and Sealys offense ahead. Gonna be a tough one.

Damn that sux.. Hope y'all have no more injuries

sk1
10-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Damn!! that does suck.
Please post when you hear what his injury is.

Pudlugger
10-30-2013, 07:48 AM
Injuries are a big factor in a team's success. Enrollment size and depth are as well. With EC's big school enrollment they probably have enough depth to weather this but they have two tough opponents coming up. D25 is getting really weird.

sk1
10-30-2013, 07:54 AM
I just heard that it looks like Dove has a torn ACL.

OLE'BULL
10-30-2013, 08:19 AM
I just heard that it looks like Dove has a torn ACL.

Man, that is awful. Hopefully EC can keep plugging along.

Weebe
10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
By my count, El Campo has now lost their top 4 RB's(Flagg, Dove, Sparks and Fuechec), their top 2 DL(Nielsen and Dove) and possibly their top LB(Fuechec).

It's been a rough season.

Scoop27
10-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes Wharton County teams have lost several players to injuries. At least 4 at East Bernard, two at Boling and maybe three at Louise

Weebe
10-31-2013, 01:08 PM
I have heard that this game has been moved to EC due to flooding in Sealy.

Seems awfully early to make that call. Is Sealy's stadium located in a marsh?

whitelightning5
10-31-2013, 01:23 PM

Seriously? I know Austin County has been getting pounded pretty hard with rain. And the fact that they made this call today doesn't surprise me. It leaves time to change travel arrangements for the players, band, cheerleaders and the fans. What's weird is that they elected to move it to EC and not just move back the day of the game to Saturday. We had that happen to us before. It's not ideal, but is possible.

D'Highlander
10-31-2013, 01:50 PM

I just saw that too. So who gets to sit on the home side?

Weebe
10-31-2013, 02:46 PM
My guess is that Sealy would rather play an away game than on a sloppy field with El Campo's run only offense.

speedbump
10-31-2013, 03:17 PM

The south end of Tiger stadium is about 2 feet lower than the north. It's a mud hole for a month after a two inch rain from about the 35 to the goal line..

whitelightning5
10-31-2013, 03:57 PM
My guess is that Sealy would rather play an away game than on a sloppy field with El Campo's run only offense.

I don't think that I would be concerned with the run only offense....given their depth at the position. Very unfortunate. Any idea who will step up to fill that position now?

Weebe
10-31-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't think that I would be concerned with the run only offense....given their depth at the position. Very unfortunate. Any idea who will step up to fill that position now?

Honestly, I don't know. I don't know who is #4 on the depth chart. They have lost their top 3 varsity RB's to season ending injuries.

And if you aren't worried about El Campo's running game, then you aren't worried about them beating you. They won't beat you with the pass.

speedbump
10-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Honestly, I don't know. I don't know who is #4 on the depth chart. They have lost their top 3 varsity RB's to season ending injuries.

And if you aren't worried about El Campo's running game, then you aren't worried about them beating you. They won't beat you with the pass.

Pustejovsky and Jobous Davis were splitting time with the first O at practice yesterday but who knows. Heard the Harris kid on the JV was really looking good. Would be interesting to see if he plays in the JV game tonight.

Weebe
10-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Pustejovsky and Jobous Davis were splitting time with the first O at practice yesterday but who knows. Heard the Harris kid on the JV was really looking good. Would be interesting to see if he plays in the JV game tonight.

I heard sparks is also back on the team. He probably hurts them more than he helps them.

speedbump
10-31-2013, 04:28 PM
I heard sparks is also back on the team. He probably hurts them more than he helps them.

Yea, I have a feeling the third time won't be the charm where he's concerned.

Pudlugger
10-31-2013, 08:20 PM
I drove by Sealy on IH 10 at noon and the rain had passed and it was sunny. Wont the field dry out in 31 hours?

speedbump
10-31-2013, 08:33 PM
I drove by Sealy on IH 10 at noon and the rain had passed and it was sunny. Wont the field dry out in 31 hours?

Duck hunters practice from the 35 to the goal line on the south end. It's pathetic.

cards4me
10-31-2013, 09:28 PM

Did El Campo also loose one to a drug violation early in the year ? They are having a tough time with RB's . The coaches must be doing a great job.

Weebe
10-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Did El Campo also loose one to a drug violation early in the year ? They are having a tough time with RB's . The coaches must be doing a great job.

They lost 1 last Friday and 1 on Tuesday.