SHSBulldog00
10-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Gonzales @ Cuero
Pleasanton @ Somerset
Lytle @ Hondo
Grulla @ Zapata

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Calling it now. Gonzo vs. Cuero wins this one. Just a major hunch.

Papá Oso
10-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Calling it now. Gonzo vs. Cuero wins this one. Just a major hunch.

bet your right :2thumbsup

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-27-2013, 12:05 PM
bet your right :2thumbsup

I know this site a little too well. It has been what now...... 11 years since I first signed on? And some things never change.

YTBulldogs
10-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Well, when your the only poster from your town (as I am for the most part), and I never seen a poster from any of these other towns (on the above options to pick from) except one from Hondo, don't take a rocket scientist to determine who the winner will be TFINT. Not sure what needs to change. 1 vote will never win. You make it sound like 3ADL has something against certain areas.

LV_Bearfan
10-27-2013, 01:33 PM
I'll vote for Pleasanton vs. Somerset for a little change. Both teams are pretty darn good and worthy of a little attention.

LV_Bearfan
10-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Tarpon, vote for pleasanton vs. Somerset and chage the course of history just this one week.

Then, next week LV vs. Somerset might make it two in a row.

Manso/V8
10-27-2013, 01:48 PM
I know this site a little too well. It has been what now...... 11 years since I first signed on? And some things never change.

Maybe have a separate thread called "Key games that not many people will comment about" or something.

There are plenty of hs football fans in South Texas, they just hang out on a RGV forum.
I guess they have an extreme bias for teams in their region.

Are they discussing R2, R3, and non-RGV teams on that forum?
I doubt it......and no one from up this way is complaining.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Maybe have a separate thread called "Key games that not many people will comment about" or something.

There are plenty of hs football fans in South Texas, they just hang out on a RGV forum.
I guess they have an extreme bias for teams in their region.

Are they discussing R2, R3, and non-RGV teams on that forum?
I doubt it......and no one from up this way is complaining.

Well, the RGV site is mainly loaded with folks who are fans of the 5A programs down there. Those are the ones with extreme bias for teams in their region. The 3A fans on there will occasionally discuss other Region IV teams and on rare occasions, some upstate teams especially after an upset happens.

I've tried to get more of the Port Isabel folks who post on the RGV boards here along with some of the Rio Hondo, and Raymondville folks. Some post sparingly, others never bothered to come, or they just read only. But here recently, we've been welcoming folks from the Coastal Bend area as well as Laredo folks onto the RGV boards. Seems as though their area boards were very poorly moderated and they joined ours instead. We actually wouldn't mind having more people from around the state joining up. The more the merrier, we say. Just keep it classy though, as we run a pretty tight ship (or try to anyway, darn 5A folks get pretty rowdy)

And @ LV BearFan, I already voted, sadly. But LV vs. Somerset seems like a darn good candidate for GoTW next week.