PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado first round playoff matchup prediction

83Indian
10-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Just curious on thoughts on who Alvarado will match up against in District 8? Alvarado will be the second place team in district 7 behind Stephenville and will play the largest enrollment school of the 4 teams that make the playoffs in District 8. District 8 is up in the air right now but it will probably be Brownwood, Burnett, or Lampasas as the largest enrollment team to make the playoffs. No secret Alvarado is down this year and is struggling against good spread offense passing teams. Offensively Alvarado has the ability to grind it out on the ground and utilize good ball control. Passing attack has been very weak with the exception against Glen Rose last Friday.

Which match up will the indians have the best chance against?

Smitty
10-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Just curious on thoughts on who Alvarado will match up against in District 8? Alvarado will be the second place team in district 7 behind Stephenville and will play the largest enrollment school of the 4 teams that make the playoffs in District 8. District 8 is up in the air right now but it will probably be Brownwood, Burnett, or Lampasas as the largest enrollment team to make the playoffs. No secret Alvarado is down this year and is struggling against good spread offense passing teams. Offensively Alvarado has the ability to grind it out on the ground and utilize good ball control. Passing attack has been very weak with the exception against Glen Rose last Friday.

the way Burnet and Brownwood are playing it might be Lampasas

Smitty
10-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Brownwood finishes district with Gatesville & Llano, if Brownwood wins out I think they will take the top seed.

Burnet finishes district with Llano & Lampasas, Burnet will have to win out and hope for a loss by Brownwood. If they end district with 3-2 records Brownwood has the head to head tie breaker.

Lampasas finishes district with Liberty Hill & Burnet, Lampasas will have to win out....not likely with Liberty Hill on the horizon.

So, I will change my statement from the earlier post to Brownwood all things considered.

bwdlionfan
10-27-2013, 09:12 AM

If it's Alvarado vs Brownwood get ready for a lot of points. Our offense can score, but our defense can't stop a thing.

toddg
10-27-2013, 12:04 PM
for selfish reasons, i hope its Brownwood...1. i dont believe Alvarado has ever played Bwood, and i have followed the lions through the years since meeting Gordon Wood in the mid 70s..2. there is the outside possibility that we are in the same district next year...early start on it.

BwdLion73
10-27-2013, 02:31 PM
for selfish reasons, i hope its Brownwood...1. i dont believe Alvarado has ever played Bwood, and i have followed the lions through the years since meeting Gordon Wood in the mid 70s..2. there is the outside possibility that we are in the same district next year...early start on it.

I would also like to see the matchup. As I have said before I'm a nobody with no inside information...and as I said 2 weeks ago our defense is a mystery to me. I have see them play lights out on 3 or 4 plays and then they have that..."oh look a puppy" moment.

Get your track shoes on.

toddg
10-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I would also like to see the matchup. As I have said before I'm a nobody with no inside information...and as I said 2 weeks ago our defense is a mystery to me. I have see them play lights out on 3 or 4 plays and then they have that..."oh look a puppy" moment.

Get your track shoes on.
it would be an interesting game for sure! plus it would gall the jacket faithful to not get ya'll 2 years in a row..even though they got their revenge in 2011..they still hung up on the 2010 game..:devil:

you get that Hollywood and the rest of you jacket rascals!!!?:wave:

refereedoc
10-27-2013, 03:36 PM

Same feeling in the Ville for a game with the 'Wood but we are just a bit familiar with them.

toddg
10-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Same feeling in the Ville for a game with the 'Wood but we are just a bit familiar with them.

if the Indians and Lions do meet..bright side..it will most likely be played in Stephenville so ya'll can atleast watch the Lions play.....:)

hollywood
10-27-2013, 07:41 PM
This match up is a possibility but Dist 8 just got interesting with Lampasas beating Brownwood. The Lions struggled to stop the run all night and have struggled defensively all season. I'm sure this gave Lampasas huge confidence going into this weeks matchup with Liberty Hill.

hollywood
10-27-2013, 07:45 PM
it would be an interesting game for sure! plus it would gall the jacket faithful to not get ya'll 2 years in a row..even though they got their revenge in 2011..they still hung up on the 2010 game..:devil:

you get that Hollywood and the rest of you jacket rascals!!!?:wave:

Lol... Hey, it doesn't matter to me. Yes, I'd love to see a Stephenville/Brownwood match up first round. Some interesting things could happen the next 2 weeks in Dist 8 that could shake up the match ups.