PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire Royal (0-7, 0-4) at Wharton (7-2, 3-2)

Scoop27
10-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Do the Tigers bounce back with a win over Royal to clinch a playoff berth?

maestro
10-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Do the Tigers bounce back with a win over Royal to clinch a playoff berth?

Coach Green is truly one of the gentlemen of the coaching profession
He deserves a district win
Just not this week

BB BULLS
10-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Wharton Is falling apart after two straight losses. anything can happen

Pudlugger
10-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Wharton Is falling apart after two straight losses. anything can happen

:iagree: When your own players fight one another after the end of a game well what does that say about team discipline and cohesiveness? Maybe Brookshire will pull together and make a game of it. They have some talent on that team just that they never seem to put together 48 minutes of good football. Upset alert.

WhartonTigers
10-28-2013, 01:34 PM
:iagree: When your own players fight one another after the end of a game well what does that say about team discipline and cohesiveness? Maybe Brookshire will pull together and make a game of it. They have some talent on that team just that they never seem to put together 48 minutes of good football. Upset alert.

There is no chance of an upset alert, guys be real has brookshire beat anybody? and as for the fighting, Coach Finn has made it very clear that these guys will be examples to the rest of the team that you dont fight your brothers....Today will be a long practice for them.... But brookshire is not good enough to beat Wharton. the only 2 teams to beat us this year have been state ranked teams.

Scoop27
10-28-2013, 02:06 PM
There are a lot of 2A teams that could beat Royal and some Class A schools

maestro
10-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Why the rushing problems the past two games?

OLE'BULL
10-28-2013, 02:15 PM
There is no chance of an upset alert, guys be real has brookshire beat anybody? and as for the fighting, Coach Finn has made it very clear that these guys will be examples to the rest of the team that you dont fight your brothers....Today will be a long practice for them.... But brookshire is not good enough to beat Wharton. the only 2 teams to beat us this year have been state ranked teams.

Haha, I love it. Aren't you getting tired of that crow? You think you would have learned to be more reserved, oh well. Hopefully Wharton takes care of business, otherwise you might not show face around here again...

The Bull #40
10-28-2013, 02:37 PM

Have you not learned ANYTHING??? The only decent team the "Mighty Tigers" have beaten is Cuero.... otherwise you've been beating teams of equal or lesser ability than BR...and not blowing them out I may add. Also, if any of your team gets benched for the display of immaturity that happened at The Pasture, you will be an even greater chance of an upset. If the fighting amongst yourselves is any idication of how poorly Wharton handles losses, there is a GREAT chance for an upset. To say there is NO chance for an upset is blatantly ignorant considering you've lost 2 straight district games. I'm not sure if you're just letting your emotions do the talking or just know that little about football. I sure hope you're opinions aren't a reflection of the Wharton faithful.

OLE'BULL
10-28-2013, 03:15 PM
I would hope that the ones involved in the post game fiasco would be benched for at least this weak. I would venture to say if it happened within the Bellville team on Rowe's watch, those guys would be turning in their pads today. There is no place for that. What a terrible thing for the youth of Wharton, and Bellville, to have to witness. Hopefully it was an isolated incident, and not a sign of things to come for Wharton.

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 08:42 AM
I would hope that the ones involved in the post game fiasco would be benched for at least this weak. I would venture to say if it happened within the Bellville team on Rowe's watch, those guys would be turning in their pads today. There is no place for that. What a terrible thing for the youth of Wharton, and Bellville, to have to witness. Hopefully it was an isolated incident, and not a sign of things to come for Wharton.

The fight happened because of bellville players i just looked at the film. Wharton #18 got punched by #34 from bellville after the game. The fighting after the game was due to misscommunication from that incident. Not all Wharton's fault. And this is a dirct statement from a coach that was on the field that night..

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Have you not learned ANYTHING??? The only decent team the "Mighty Tigers" have beaten is Cuero.... otherwise you've been beating teams of equal or lesser ability than BR...and not blowing them out I may add. Also, if any of your team gets benched for the display of immaturity that happened at The Pasture, you will be an even greater chance of an upset. If the fighting amongst yourselves is any idication of how poorly Wharton handles losses, there is a GREAT chance for an upset. To say there is NO chance for an upset is blatantly ignorant considering you've lost 2 straight district games. I'm not sure if you're just letting your emotions do the talking or just know that little about football. I sure hope you're opinions aren't a reflection of the Wharton faithful.

DUDE STFU with saying im ignorant, 1. I have a ring fora conference championship, and a national semifinal run when we lost to Mount Union... Im very samrt when it comes to this game. 2. dont dare say the worst team in this region will hang with us because we lost to EL CAMPO and BELLVILLE, if you really think that they will hang wit us it shows who the IGNORANT PERSON IS...... the only team that BR would beat in our schedule is Houston Scarbroguh, hell Needville and Brazosport would beat royal.

Pudlugger
10-29-2013, 09:16 AM
DUDE STFU with saying im ignorant, 1. I have a ring fora conference championship, and a national semifinal run when we lost to Mount Union... Im very samrt when it comes to this game. 2. dont dare say the worst team in this region will hang with us because we lost to EL CAMPO and BELLVILLE, if you really think that they will hang wit us it shows who the IGNORANT PERSON IS...... the only team that BR would beat in our schedule is Houston Scarbroguh, hell Needville and Brazosport would beat royal.

:1omg!:

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 09:33 AM

OH, I didn't know 1 year at a Division III school qualified you to be an expert in the game? I am sure you were a big contributor when MHB had that run? Are you sure you were on that team? In 2009 MHB didnt lose to Mount Union. The state of Texas is smaller than you think pal...

whitelightning5
10-29-2013, 09:47 AM
The fight happened because of bellville players i just looked at the film. Wharton #18 got punched by #34 from bellville after the game. The fighting after the game was due to misscommunication from that incident. Not all Wharton's fault. And this is a dirct statement from a coach that was on the field that night..

Well...you and your source need to take off those jaded Wharton goggles. I saw the entire thing unfold. There were no punches thrown from Bellville. And for the record....your film crew had already packed up by that point, so how would that incident have been captured on film? Quit trying to put this drama on us. That is potentially the dumbest comment I've heard. "Bellville threw a punch and our team faught amongst themselves." Just face the fact that there was a bunch of finger pointing going on after we ran the ball down your throat. Your players called your own players out and some couldn't take it. Its a shame it happened on the field in front of everyone.

Congrats on your rings and your overwhelming football knowledge. No one is questioning your knowledge of the game. Folks are merely commenting on the fact that you state over and over that Wharton just can't be beaten. Not admitting that any team has a chance against the Tigers is just naive.

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 09:47 AM
OH, I didn't know 1 year at a Division III school qualified you to be an expert in the game? I am sure you were a big contributor when MHB had that run? Are you sure you were on that team? In 2009 MHB didnt lose to Mount Union. The state of Texas is smaller than you think pal...

Who said i was there one year? I graduated high school in 09 so yeah i have had spent some time up there. And learning the game from COACH FRED and JEFF SHINN, makes me an expert.....not to mention training with guys that play for the NFL(Jerell Freeman, Nate Menkin) and CFL now.... DIV III that...

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Well...you and your source need to take off those jaded Wharton goggles. I saw the entire thing unfold. There were no punches thrown from Bellville. And for the record....your film crew had already packed up by that point, so how would that incident have been captured on film? Quit trying to put this drama on us. That is potentially the dumbest comment I've heard. "Bellville threw a punch and our team faught amongst themselves." Just face the fact that there was a bunch of finger pointing going on after we ran the ball down your throat. Your players called your own players out and some couldn't take it. Its a shame it happened on the field in front of everyone.

Congrats on your rings and your overwhelming football knowledge. No one is questioning your knowledge of the game. Folks are merely commenting on the fact that you state over and over that Wharton just can't be beaten. Not admitting that any team has a chance against the Tigers is just naive.

LMAO you guys are hilarious, we have more than one person filming games and im sure our film crew wasnt packed up because we film until everyone has left the field for these reasons.....how do i know because I FILM THE GAMES.... and my film shows #34 from bellvile hitting our #18.

whitelightning5
10-29-2013, 10:06 AM
LMAO you guys are hilarious, we have more than one person filming games and im sure our film crew wasnt packed up because we film until everyone has left the field for these reasons.....how do i know because I FILM THE GAMES.... and my film shows #34 from bellvile hitting our #18.

Dang....you guys should really work on these issues. If you film until the after the players shake hands every week to help combat situations like this. GET REAL. The folks behind the goal posts had packed it in. Your coaches and crew had already left the Bellville press box, before that final knee hit the ground and the clock ran out. I know this because I wished them luck on the upcoming game and said you'll be a real threat in the playoffs.

I'm done arguing with you sir. FYI....there are others in this forum that have played college ball and "gotten rings" and maybe have done more than that. We just choose not to throw it around like you.

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Who said i was there one year? I graduated high school in 09 so yeah i have had spent some time up there. And learning the game from COACH FRED and JEFF SHINN, makes me an expert.....not to mention training with guys that play for the NFL(Jerell Freeman, Nate Menkin) and CFL now.... DIV III that...

Its a small world. "Some time"= 1 year on the football team. Dont claim something you weren't a part of. IE: National Semi-Final run. NO, the film crew doesn't count.

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Dang....you guys should really work on these issues. If you film until the after the players shake hands every week to help combat situations like this. GET REAL. The folks behind the goal posts had packed it in. Your coaches and crew had already left the Bellville press box, before that final knee hit the ground and the clock ran out. I know this because I wished them luck on the upcoming game and said you'll be a real threat in the playoffs.

I'm done arguing with you sir. FYI....there are others in this forum that have played college ball and "gotten rings" and maybe have done more than that. We just choose not to throw it around like you.

Lets just say he likes to stretch the truth quite a bit.

The Bull #40
10-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Didn't mean to offend you and your infinite wisdom. I might take you a little more seriously if when you called yourself smart you actually spelled smart correctly. I won't comment on your college football career although I'm sure it was one for the ages. And I'm ignorant because I say Wharton could get upset by a team that played us tough? Wharton is 0-2 the past two weeks and fighting among themselves on their sideline..... I don't see how an upset doesn't look quite possible.

BB BULLS
10-29-2013, 10:45 AM

whartontiger you are sadly mistaken. i konw for a fact that the punch was not by a Bellville player. whats funny is that before the El Campo game there was way you guys would lose but you did and then Bellville came along and the same thing happened.
now you want throw the ole we got beat by ranked teams out there.

Manso/V8
10-29-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't think anyone should still be talking about the post game incident anymore, what is this, TMZ?
Nobody on this board knows the full story and we all know the coaches from both teams are handling it properly.

I also think y'all have "punished" WhartonTiger enough already for maybe talking a little smack before the EC game.....he really didn't talk smack before the Bellville game.
The pre-EC game smack talk was fun, and at least he was man enough to come back and face the music.

Don't chase him away, I want to hear what he has to say about the rest of the season and the playoffs.
Once the D25 playoff spots are determined, he's on "our" team, we need D25 sweep of D26!
Unless the Brahmas and Tigers meet again in the playoffs, then it is game on!

Don't dog on UHMB and Div. III.
That program is demanding and is run like a D1A program.
Even if he spent a year there, football knowledge was pounded in to him.

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't think anyone should still be talking about the post game incident anymore, what is this, TMZ?
Nobody on this board knows the full story and we all know the coaches from both teams are handling it properly.

I also think y'all have "punished" WhartonTiger enough already for maybe talking a little smack before the EC game.....he really didn't talk smack before the Bellville game.
The pre-EC game smack talk was fun, and at least he was man enough to come back and face the music.

Don't chase him away, I want to hear what he has to say about the rest of the season and the playoffs.
Once the D25 playoff spots are determined, he's on "our" team, we need D25 sweep of D26!
Unless the Brahmas and Tigers meet again in the playoffs, then it is game on!

Don't dog on UHMB and Div. III.
That program is demanding and is run like a D1A program.
Even if he spent a year there, football knowledge was pounded in to him.

Not dogging on MHB, more just dogging on him. He is staking claim to things he wasn't a part of and hoping nobody calls him on it. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on the game, and would never, ever, ever call myself an expert. He made his own bed, and to be honest, I wouldn't lose any sleep if he did get run off. He is a one year wonder. Starts up a 3ADL membership this season b/c he thought Wharton had a chance to be pretty good. I have seen these guys come and go since 2001...

Weebe
10-29-2013, 11:59 AM
This is all based on one year of football at a Division III college? Seriously?

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 12:57 PM
This is all based on one year of football at a Division III college? Seriously?

Ya man, but WhartonTigers is an EXPERT!

BB BULLS
10-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Ya man, but WhartonTigers is an EXPERT!

and at such a young age. just wait till he gets older he will really be something

WhartonTigers
10-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Its a small world. "Some time"= 1 year on the football team. Dont claim something you weren't a part of. IE: National Semi-Final run. NO, the film crew doesn't count.

Never was i on the film crew homie, or was i one of the guys that got hurt and coached. i jus left there last spring so yeah i do know what im talking about!

OLE'BULL
10-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Never was i on the film crew homie, or was i one of the guys that got hurt and coached. i jus left there last spring so yeah i do know what im talking about!

Last spring? Maybe the university, but NOT the football team. Your FB departure was years before last spring. Sorry "homie". I know people in Wharton...

maestro
10-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Is royal still shotgun spread?

What have they had success in offensively?

whitelightning5
10-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Is royal still shotgun spread?

What have they had success in offensively?

Nice segway...lol.

I honestly have no idea what Brookshire runs. Wasn't able to make that week.

maestro
10-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Nice segway...lol.

I honestly have no idea what Brookshire runs. Wasn't able to make that week.

Thanks

Had to get back to Fridays game. Would like to read something about the match ups besides Royal Sucks and Wharton is awesome
Haha

29-3aFAN
10-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Wharton by a BUNCH

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Will be at this game tonight since it's only a 5 minute drive

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Stayed for only first half of this game as third qtr didn't start until 9:30-Tigers were up 29-12
Only about 50 fans for Royal. Band had over 20

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Wharton 29, Royal 18, third qtr

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Tigers trying to blow this game

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Royal TD
Wharton 29, Royal 25, 3rd qtr 6:31

Weebe
11-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Royal TD
Wharton 29, Royal 25, 3rd qtr 6:31

Lol...

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Wharton 36, Royal 25-3rd qtr3:27

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Wharton TD
Wharton 44, Royal 25, still in 3rd qtr

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:12 PM
25 seconds in third qtr

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Wharton 44, Royal 25-Finally end of 3rd qtr

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Wharton still up 44-25- 7 minutes left

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Royal TD
Wharton 44, Royal 32, about 7 minutes

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Wharton TD
Wharton 51, Royal 32, 4:16 left

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Wharton TD on Int
Wharton 58, Royal 32

Scoop27
11-01-2013, 10:48 PM
It's finally over

Manso/V8
11-01-2013, 11:13 PM
It must be depressing to live in Wharton.