PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 GOTW: Gonzales (6-2, 2-1) @ Cuero (5-2, 2-1)

YTBulldogs
10-26-2013, 10:17 AM
The D26 title race continues on the rug in Cuero. Wow.:eek:!!! Talking about a can't miss game. Last one out of G-town, cut the lights out as you make the way down Hwy 183 for this mega-matchup. Best wishes to both.:1popcorn:

YTBulldogs
10-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I'll go 28-27.

Pudlugger
10-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Gonzales by 14. They have a very balanced offense with more weapons then Cuero and a defense that does well against the run. Cuero will hang tough but Gonzales pulls away in the 4th quarter.

pacdaddy
10-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Gonzales by 14. They have a very balanced offense with more weapons then Cuero and a defense that does well against the run. Cuero will hang tough but Gonzales pulls away in the 4th quarter.

Its always tough playing against Cuero, but this time they will not catch us flatfooted like last season I can assure Cuero this. So don't count on it. Last year we came off of a win against Yoakum and lost to Cuero the next game. This will not happen again. The kids want to prove that Gonzales is a power house in D26 along side LG. We will go out and prove come Friday in Gobbler stadium. No mercy is the motto for this week, no mercy.

pacdaddy
10-26-2013, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1775145]I'll go 28-27.[/QUOT

I really hope its not that close of game, but you never know in D26. Anything can happen. I still have a lot a faith in our tribe that this year will be different.

Blue42
10-26-2013, 10:09 PM
After the Yoakum game got quiet around Cuero the boys looked as confused as the fans did. Last year we gave the game to Yoakum by turning the ball over 3 times inside the 10 that is why I knew the Gobblers would do well agents Gonzo. This year we had 2 turnovers that cost us points but it still would not have changed the outcome of the game IMO . Cuero has a very young team with a line as small as I have ever seen. Last year our line controlled the Apaches I think they will have a big task to do it this year but they are much faster this year and we have some very good skill players and some good speed that we did not have last year so Travis will work up a game plan to use it as efficiently as possible and we are at home on our new carpet and WE DO VERY WELL AT HOME (RIGHT LG FOLKS). So all you Apaches wipe your feet before stepping on our new carpet and get ready for a rumble.

Blue42
10-26-2013, 10:21 PM

Boy if gambling was legal in Texas I would bet agents you.
Giddings was better than you thought ?

pacdaddy
10-26-2013, 10:24 PM
After the Yoakum game got quiet around Cuero the boys looked as confused as the fans did. Last year we gave the game to Yoakum by turning the ball over 3 times inside the 10 that is why I knew the Gobblers would do well agents Gonzo. This year we had 2 turnovers that cost us points but it still would not have changed the outcome of the game IMO . Cuero has a very young team with a line as small as I have ever seen. Last year our line controlled the Apaches I think they will have a big task to do it this year but they are much faster this year and we have some very good skill players and some good speed that we did not have last year so Travis will work up a game plan to use it as efficiently as possible and we are at home on our new carpet and WE DO VERY WELL AT HOME (RIGHT LG FOLKS). So all you Apaches wipe your feet before stepping on our new carpet and get ready for a rumble.

I am more than sure yall will do what it takes, but like I told YT in his assumption on the Gonzales/Yoakum game, will it be enough to win the game (in talking about the speed and the skill guys). We know about the speed yall have and we are well aware of the skill kids. Our coaching staff will also work up a game plan to accommodate that situation. We will be very careful not to mess up that wonderful new turf Cuero has. (By the way it is very beautiful) This game will be a very tough fought game for both teams. As you know as well as I do, this game means a lot to both teams, and we will be ready to get it on Apache style.

Blue42
10-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I am more than sure yall will do what it takes, but like I told YT in his assumption on the Gonzales/Yoakum game, will it be enough to win the game (in talking about the speed and the skill guys). We know about the speed yall have and we are well aware of the skill kids. Our coaching staff will also work up a game plan to accommodate that situation. We will be very careful not to mess up that wonderful new turf Cuero has. (By the way it is very beautiful) This game will be a very tough fought game for both teams. As you know as well as I do, this game means a lot to both teams, and we will be ready to get it on Apache style.

Yes this could be the best game this week kills me that I have to work..

Blue42
10-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Hay noticed that yawl have a bond issue is that for school improvement ?
We have one in Cuero for school improvements big number too. Lots of money, we need to spend some of the oil money that is coming our way. Hope it gets passed as we will lose the money we have now and then be left raising my taxes that are already too high.

Spursfan
10-27-2013, 01:19 AM
I know this isn't the right thread but there was not one for Smithville @ Cuero. Here are some pictures of the Cuero Pep Rally and the game..

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjLqVhK2

Gonna be a GREAT week in Gobbler Stadium!! Come on MEAN GREEN Fans.. The boys are going to need us to be 100%!! It was kinda QUIET this past week! We need to bring it like we did in Yoakum the week before!!

Pudlugger
10-27-2013, 08:08 AM
WE DO VERY WELL AT HOME (RIGHT LG FOLKS). So all you Apaches wipe your feet before stepping on our new carpet and get ready for a rumble.

Yeah Cuero played with intensity that game while the Leps took a break it seemed. Not a very wise way to prep for the playoffs as we discovered in the first quarter against El Campo with a fumbled opening kick off, failed fake punt everyone saw coming at our 40, and a porous front 4 on defense leading to 28 points by mid way into the first quarter. The Leps let that game slip away. This year it will be different as this team is not about to let up. When Cuero comes to La Grange they will be met by the best team they have faced all year and one that is fired up and on a mission.

Gonzales by 14

pacdaddy
10-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Blue, yes we have a bond issue for school improvements. Don't know how much money is invovled , but I hope it brings a new football stadium our way. (Wishfull thinking)

Gontex
10-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Blue, yes we have a bond issue for school improvements. Don't know how much money is invovled , but I hope it brings a new football stadium our way. (Wishfull thinking)

Bond issue is for something like $21-$25 million. No new football stadium. Shoot no improvements even being mentioned at the football stadium. Bond issue will include $$$$ to purchase the old HEB building and transform it into a kindergarten campus. Improvements are being called for at all campuses. Also calls for the purchase of new busses. Gonzales is now considered a rich district. By passing this bond issue, it will allow much of the money that will have to go to the state through Robin Hood to remain local to be used for those improvements.

YTBulldogs
10-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Bond issue is for something like $21-$25 million. No new football stadium. Shoot no improvements even being mentioned at the football stadium. Bond issue will include $$$$ to purchase the old HEB building and transform it into a kindergarten campus. Improvements are being called for at all campuses. Also calls for the purchase of new busses. Gonzales is now considered a rich district. By passing this bond issue, it will allow much of the money that will have to go to the state through Robin Hood to remain local to be used for those improvements.

Same here Gontex, with our 50 million bond. No mentioned of new turf in draft. I think they are content with a grass playing surface vs. upgrades elsewhere in the system for the kids. I agree. Mostly JH upgrades will be part of this bond. We too have to spend this money, or it goes to the state. Also, Oil Company's cover 85% of this bond. Thank you to them. I'd be shocked if the voters turned this down. YISD has been trying to inform them, not much cost to occur to the home owners with this bond, and we stand to lose some mega bucks if we don't pass it. The upgrades are long over due as well.

Old Green
10-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Same here Gontex, with our 50 million bond. No mentioned of new turf in draft. I think they are content with a grass playing surface vs. upgrades elsewhere in the system for the kids. I agree. Mostly JH upgrades will be part of this bond. We too have to spend this money, or it goes to the state. Also, Oil Company's cover 85% of this bond. Thank you to them. I'd be shocked if the voters turned this down. YISD has been trying to inform them, not much cost to occur to the home owners with this bond, and we stand to lose some mega bucks if we don't pass it. The upgrades are long over due as well.You have to get the word out to voters in all three school districts. A golden opportunity for the kids that will not cost taxpayers a lot.

bd62
10-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I think the Gonzalles-Cuero game is going to be a good one.
Big Rivary with lots at stake. My friends in Yoakum that saw the game was very impressed there defensive scheme.Also impressed with offensive line and speed in backfield .This rivary is like Yoakum. The kids really get after it which makes it fun to watch

YTBulldogs
10-27-2013, 08:14 PM
You have to get the word out to voters in all three school districts. A golden opportunity for the kids that will not cost taxpayers a lot.

They be crazy not to support this OG. Hopefully they'll read and understand who is really paying for this bond? Or, our money will be going to a poorer (robinhood) school so they can get field turf with our money. We need to upgrade our own stuff around here, first.

Old Green
10-27-2013, 09:23 PM
They be crazy not to support this OG. Hopefully they'll read and understand who is really paying for this bond? Or, our money will be going to a poorer (robinhood) school so they can get field turf with our money. We need to upgrade our own stuff around here, first.:iagree:

pacdaddy
10-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Well It is Monday, and it is time to get focused on the task at hand again. Defense was phenomenal against Yoakum, and now they need to bring that same intensity to Gobbler stadium. As far as offense, we will pound, pound, pound it tell the opponent doesn't want anymore of it. Passing is getting better. Look to see more short passes from the tribe that turn into long yard plays. Could be very interesting how we handle the speed of Cuero this year. Have a good practice tribe and put everything else aside and focus on what is at stake here.

GO APACHES!!!!!

1stnurseryman
10-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Wow this thread is dead.. Hope the game has more action than this thread

gobbla4life
10-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Should be a good game ! Cuero was very flat against Yoakum , and very basic against Smithville. I look for Cuero to have a break out game ! In order to do that , we will have to play with intensity and fire. Can't have stupid penalties or TO , and I think we will be fine.

pacdaddy
10-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Wed. is here, and two days left till game day. I have been told that all the schools (from Pre-K to the High School) in Gonzales are getting fired up for this game. I believe the whole town is going to be heading to Gobbler stadium. Should have a great turnout.

hookandladder
10-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Hey La Grange is getting new restrooms and a concession stand at the football field however that is only for the home side, that's all the money we have left. No bond will ever pass in LG, to many people still think it was good enough for us 50 years ago and still good enough for kids now.

pacdaddy
10-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Can someone explain to me how in the world does the victoria Advocate have Cuero already clinched for a playoff berth? We have not even played them yet. We might as well not even show up for the game.:flaming: The paper (Victoria Advocate can tell the future).:crazy1: Gonzales 6-2, Cuero 5-2. Somebody does not know there math.

hookandladder
10-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Can someone explain to me how in the world does the victoria Advocate have Cuero already clinched for a playoff berth? We have not even played them yet. We might as well not even show up for the game.:flaming: The paper (Victoria Advocate can tell the future).:crazy1: Gonzales 6-2, Cuero 5-2. Somebody does not know there math.

Maybe that have the three way tie figuired out and if it was to come down to a two tie with Giddings , then Cuero would be in with beating them. Head to head, a little early to try and figuire it all out.

gobbla4life
10-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Hey pacdaddy , I don't think it's to disrespect Gonzales , meaning the Victoria Advocate! I think it's just saying in a four team playoff system that mathematically we are in. As well as Gonzo , LG , and Yoakum I would think. Trust me , we aren't taking any game for granted , we respect all opponents.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

pacdaddy
10-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Hey pacdaddy , I don't think it's to disrespect Gonzales , meaning the Victoria Advocate! I think it's just saying in a four team playoff system that mathematically we are in. As well as Gonzo , LG , and Yoakum I would think. Trust me , we aren't taking any game for granted , we respect all opponents.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Gobbla,

I was not directing it towards Cuero. I was directing towards the paper. Its always been that way. They have never have given us any big article or major respect when deserved (not saying we need it now) even when we made it past the second round one year. I know for yall that is not a big deal because of all the big runs yall have made in the past, but for us it was a big deal. Hell we had not made that far since 1963-64. Believe me, I know for one that yall are not taking any game for granted as we are not either.

After everything is said and done both teams are going to be representing D26, and we will have to pull together against all the haters in D25 that think we can not contend with them. This year will be different for everybody.

GO APACHES!!

gobbla4life
10-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey pac , I remember a few years back in the playoffs , Gonzales went D1 Cuero and Palacious went D2 , all three teams made it to the quarter finals. So no one can say that we haven't played a long way on the playoffs as a district !

maestro
10-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Old coach playoff projections seem to agree with your four choices.

bd62
10-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Old coach playoff projections seem to agree with your four choices.

Ant team with 3 wins is in and Gonzales has Smithville last game. I saw
Smithville against Cuero and they are by far the weakest team I seen in yrs
Personally I think Gonzales will beat Cuero. They are a lot bigger and stronger
On both sides of ball with speed in backfield. Only weakness is passing game
Cuero and Yoakum have tough last 2 games. It could be 3 way tie for 3 and 4 seeds

gobbla4life
10-31-2013, 03:31 PM
Cuero has got to take care of business , or we could be in trouble! Should be a good game , gotta bring it this week GREEN!

GO MEAN GREEN !!

1stnurseryman
10-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Ant team with 3 wins is in and Gonzales has Smithville last game. I saw
Smithville against Cuero and they are by far the weakest team I seen in yrs
Personally I think Gonzales will beat Cuero. They are a lot bigger and stronger
On both sides of ball with speed in backfield. Only weakness is passing game
Cuero and Yoakum have tough last 2 games. It could be 3 way tie for 3 and 4 seeds

Kind of sounds like the team they had last year

Apache91
10-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Very true Nursery. Don't think it will happen like it did last year. But stranger things have happen. Ummm. Like Yoakum handling y'all the last two years. Hopefully both teams stay healthlyand everyone makes home safely.

1stnurseryman
10-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Totally agree with you. Y'all have a safe trip tmrw

1stnurseryman
10-31-2013, 06:28 PM
By the way Yoakum beat us 3 in a row now!!!

Apache91
10-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Looking forward to seeing y'all's new field and a good game. Hopefully both teams stay healthy.

1stnurseryman
10-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Hey did y'all get any rain?

hookandladder
10-31-2013, 07:35 PM
La Grange and Gonzales are definitely in the playoffs, No way in hell Gonzales will lose to Smithville. The final two playoff spots will be hard to say who gets in, after tomorrow night things will clear up.

1stnurseryman
10-31-2013, 08:13 PM
La Grange and Gonzales are definitely in the playoffs, No way in hell Gonzales will lose to Smithville. The final two playoff spots will be hard to say who gets in, after tomorrow night things will clear up.

Your absolutely correct however the district champion is still to be decided!!

1stnurseryman
10-31-2013, 08:18 PM

I think you right about this... But be honest did you think they'd get beatbby Smithville last year?

Gontex
10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey did y'all get any rain?

Only had about an inch in Gonzales. You didn't have to go too far west or north to run into some pretty big rain totals.

YTBulldogs
11-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I dern sure didn't think SV would of last year either. Never know. District Championship still up for grabs. Gonna be a very exciting final two weeks here. Who want's it most?

underthetepee
11-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Very different situation last year.. Smithville had the best defense in the district. We lost 4 2 way starters at the end of last season.It was a decimated team that played smithville at the end of last season.. and to their credit lost by 2 in smithville. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year!!
I think you right about this... But be honest did you think they'd get beatbby Smithville last year?

gobbla4life
11-01-2013, 11:36 AM
GAMEDAY has arrived , safe travels to our friends from the north. Gonna be a big two weeks to decide how this district will end up. Gotta bring your A game Gobblers !

GO MEAN GREEN!!

pacdaddy
11-01-2013, 03:50 PM
I can hear the fight song playing in the distance, smoke signals are starting to arise. These boys are getting ready for a War like them Indians in the olden days. ITS GOING TO BE A WAR!!!!!:twitch: In a couple of hours there will be a convoy of Apache fans going to the battle field up 183. Soon there will be a storm of Orange and Black flooding the stands awaiting the war to begin. The crowd of Apache Nation will start there chants of Apache songs filling the air of the Gobbler stadium and making everyone aware that the Tribe is there to fight for our share.

Good Luck to both teams lets hope for a injury free game.

Go APACHES!!!!!!

Blue42
11-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I will have to listen to my cell phone and all I want to hear Is Joe hollering TUCHDOWN GOBBLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bd62
11-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I can hear the fight song playing in the distance, smoke signals are starting to arise. These boys are getting ready for a War like them Indians in the olden days. ITS GOING TO BE A WAR!!!!!:twitch: In a couple of hours there will be a convoy of Apache fans going to the battle field up 183. Soon there will be a storm of Orange and Black flooding the stands awaiting the war to begin. The crowd of Apache Nation will start there chants of Apache songs filling the air of the Gobbler stadium and making everyone aware that the Tribe is there to fight for our share.

Good Luck to both teams lets hope for a injury free game.

Go APACHES!!!!!!
Wow I can hear the drums from here

GobblersUnite
11-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Can't wait for tonight.....saw those fightin' Freshmen and JV Gobblers get road wins last night at Gonzo! I expect a few surprises from those Gobblers tonight!

Old Green
11-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Final

Cuero 28 - Gonzales 20

bd62
11-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Congs. Gobblers. Hard fought game by both teams

pacdaddy
11-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Good game. Congrats. Cuero on very good game from both teams tonight. We have to stay focused on SV now and shake off this loss. If we beat SV are we still in the playoffs right?

gobbla4life
11-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Good win Gobblers , way to fight for 4 quarters. Hats off to a hell of a Gonzales team , what a rushing attack! Good luck to all in the playoffs. Keep working Gobblers, got a chance at a D26 title ! Tough game ahead in LG , Go Mean Green.

gobbla4life
11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Pac , y'all are automatically in. Y'all have the tiebreaker over Yoakum & Giddings ! The winner of that game will be the #4 seed. Y'all are in , no worries.

pacdaddy
11-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Gobbla, we just seemed to flat footed today on O. D looked real good but we can't give up the big plays. I want to say it was like dejavu.

gobbla4life
11-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Pac , I know what you mean. We were flat as a pancake against Yoakum , everything they did went right ( everything we did went wrong ). These teams in this district are a force to be reconed with , good luck in the playoffs .

gobbla4life
11-01-2013, 11:59 PM
By the way Pac , that soph #22 is a beast. Y'all's O line was really solid , D line too.

pacdaddy
11-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Same to y'all gobbla. D26 is going to represent it well. We all have to shut down D25 (boom).

Spursfan
11-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Downloading photos of tonight's games as I speak. AWESOME Gme by both teams!! I will post them tomorrow.!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

iFootball
11-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Great game. Cuero played lights out. I was extremely shocked that the Gonzales and Cuero stands were not full. I figured the Cuero side would be overflowing with fans and by what someone from Gonzales posted earlier "Apache Nation would be out in full force". I didn't see it.

Pudlugger
11-02-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm confident the visiting side in Leopard Stadium will be packed come next Friday.

Blue42
11-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Great game. Cuero played lights out. I was extremely shocked that the Gonzales and Cuero stands were not full. I figured the Cuero side would be overflowing with fans and by what someone from Gonzales posted earlier "Apache Nation would be out in full force". I didn't see it.

A lot of Cuero fans will sit on the Visitors side as our general admission the South side fills up quick. The reserved section has some old timers that renew their tickets each year but don’t make it to many games. The lack of or not lack of crowd could be perception and remember the stadium holds 6000 + The added sections on the North and South and I was not there and I take up a lot of real estate.

Spursfan
11-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Pictures from game!!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjLPgofj

Not sure why people are saying it wasn't a big crowd. It was the biggest crowd of the season. Gonzales brought more fans than Victoria West!!

Old Green
11-03-2013, 03:17 AM
Pictures from game!!

Not sure why people are saying it wasn't a big crowd. It was the biggest crowd of the season. Gonzales brought more fans than Victoria West!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2Thanks for showing the pictures Spursfan.:2thumbsup

iFootball
11-03-2013, 08:52 AM
No it was not full. I've been to games when the stadium was over flowing Cuero-Calhoun 11?, Cuero-Edna 08?, Cuero-Sealy (can't remember the year) and previous Cuero/Yoakum, Gonzales games. We sit in the general admission section because my mom is a teacher and she gets in for free so she buys me a general admin ticket. That section even with the three rows marked reserve for the 73-75 football team was not full.

iFootball
11-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Gonzales brought more people than Victoria West but I was expecting more. There has been bigger crowds.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Pictures from game!!

Spursfan, that next to last photo, is that official a midget? Or, just some trick photography? And no, I have no issue with midget's calling. We need all the help we can get.

Spursfan
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Spursfan, that next to last photo, is that official a midget? Or, just some trick photography? And no, I have no issue with midget's calling. We need all the help we can get.

I don't know about being a midget but he really was that short. He looked small on the field then when I saw the pictures he really stood out.