PDA

View Full Version : 17-3A: Lorena 11 Robinson 7

FB-fanatic
10-26-2013, 12:21 AM
In a game predicted to be a soft defensive battle with high scores, both defenses came alive tonight. After Lorena drives down inside Robinson 5 yrd line twice , Robinson defense hold Lorena scoreless, but leaves Robinson in a hole on their own 2 to bring out. Lorena defense captures a safety when RR tries to run it out, leaving a surprising 2-0 halftime lead by Lorena.

Second haldf again saw both defenses stepping it up, before Robinson is able to connect on a 35 yd td pass.

Lorena forced to punt with 5:00 remaining, LL down the ball at the RR 7 yd line. 2 plays later find themselves with 4th dn on their own 2. With their punter injured, RR takes an intentional safty in order to get the ball out. Kicking to LL with about 4:00 remaining. Lorena moving the ball, Coleman connects with McKenzi for a 31 yd gain, and hen Coleman hammers it in to go up 11-7. Lorena kicks off with 2:44 reamining for the RR and 3 timeouts. Couple of 7 yd quick outs, RR is down to the LL 25, but with 20 seconds and facing 4th down, RR pass falls incomplete.

This leaves 4 teams tied at 7-1 records. Just another fun year in 17-3A.

Robinson, Lorena, Connally, and LaVega at 7-1.

LaVega has the toughest remaining schedule, still to face Connally and Robinson and will probably fall to 7-3.
Robinson to still face China Spring and LaVega, but should win out and go 10-1.
Connally to face LaVega and West and should go 10-1.
Lorena with lesser remaining schedule vs WEst and China Spring should finish 10-1.

Of course, throw in a LaVega or China Spring to play spoiler, and this all could change!

regaleagle
10-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Looks to me like LV is the team that is the sudden surprise. Talk has been that they were not as competitive this season, but here they are with the same exact record as the other 3 that have been talked about all season. I wouldn't exactly be calling for surefire wins against LaVega right now. They could be a dangerous team.

FB-fanatic
10-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Looks to me like LV is the team that is the sudden surprise. Talk has been that they were not as competitive this season, but here they are with the same exact record as the other 3 that have been talked about all season. I wouldn't exactly be calling for surefire wins against LaVega right now. They could be a dangerous team.
I would definitely agree that they could be spoilers, though they are athletic but young. I am glad we have already played them, but they have had the easier portion of their schedule done. Barring a major surprise and coach Willy Williams coming up with a solution, I do see them losing out the remaining of the schedule.

FB-fanatic
10-26-2013, 01:20 AM
Wow, late nite. If those numbers didn't make since, let me try again:

This leaves 4 teams tied at 2-1 records. Just another fun year in 17-3A.

Robinson, Lorena, Connally, and LaVega at 2-1.

LaVega has the toughest remaining schedule, still to face Connally and Robinson and will probably fall to 2-3.
Robinson to still face China Spring and LaVega, but should win out and go 4-1.
Connally to face LaVega and West and should go 4-1.
Lorena with lesser remaining schedule vs WEst and China Spring should finish 4-1.

Pudlugger
10-26-2013, 07:49 AM
In a game predicted to be a soft defensive battle with high scores, both defenses came alive tonight. After Lorena drives down inside Robinson 5 yrd line twice , Robinson defense hold Lorena scoreless, but leaves Robinson in a hole on their own 2 to bring out. Lorena defense captures a safety when RR tries to run it out, leaving a surprising 2-0 halftime lead by Lorena.

Second haldf again saw both defenses stepping it up, before Robinson is able to connect on a 35 yd td pass.

Lorena forced to punt with 5:00 remaining, LL down the ball at the RR 7 yd line. 2 plays later find themselves with 4th dn on their own 2. With their punter injured, RR takes an intentional safty in order to get the ball out. Kicking to LL with about 4:00 remaining. Lorena moving the ball, Coleman connects with McKenzi for a 31 yd gain, and hen Coleman hammers it in to go up 11-7. Lorena kicks off with 2:44 reamining for the RR and 3 timeouts. Couple of 7 yd quick outs, RR is down to the LL 25, but with 20 seconds and facing 4th down, RR pass falls incomplete.

This leaves 4 teams tied at 7-1 records. Just another fun year in 17-3A.

Robinson, Lorena, Connally, and LaVega at 7-1.

LaVega has the toughest remaining schedule, still to face Connally and Robinson and will probably fall to 7-3.
Robinson to still face China Spring and LaVega, but should win out and go 10-1.
Connally to face LaVega and West and should go 10-1.
Lorena with lesser remaining schedule vs WEst and China Spring should finish 10-1.

Of course, throw in a LaVega or China Spring to play spoiler, and this all could change!

congrats to Lorena. 10-1 in regular season? Don't you mean 9-1?

FB-fanatic
10-26-2013, 07:59 AM
congrats to Lorena. 10-1 in regular season? Don't you mean 9-1?

Yep, 9-1, along with Robinson should end up 9-1 on the season. Late night and mathmatically challenged:)
We still have to dot our I's and cross the T's though.