PDA

View Full Version : Pigskinpreps Final Four and SC projections for 3A DI and DII as of today

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Division I

Stephenville
Kilgore
Navasota
La Grange

Stephenville is currently a one point favorite over Kilgore in the semis and one point favorite
over Navasota in the state championship game.

Division II

Graham
Argyle
Fairfield
Port Isabel

Argyle is currently a ten point favorite over Graham in the semis and a six point favorite over
Fairfield in the state championship game.

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2013, 12:12 PM
I love Navasota, but they got exposed by Fairfield... So???

Port Isabel...? C'mon, they've got to be joking.

No Gilmer?

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Navasota DI this season?

lostaussie
10-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Argyle is gonna be D1............but even if they weren't..........it would still be wrong:D

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Argyle is gonna be D1............but even if they weren't..........it would still be wrong:D

FWIW here is his projected path for the Buckeyes

Bi-district - a 56 point favorite over Mineola
Area - a 39 point favorite over Pittsburg
Regional - a 2 point underdog to Argyle....and your starters should be rested for this game which might be an advantage he is calculating. :thinking:

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 12:28 PM
FWIW here is his projected path for the Buckeyes

Bi-district - a 56 point favorite over Mineola
Area - a 39 point favorite over Pittsburg
Regional - a 2 point underdog to Argyle....and your starters should be rested for this game which might be an advantage he is calculating. :D

What is Fairfield's path?

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2013, 12:35 PM
What is Fairfield's path?

Bi-district - a 63 point favorite over a 1-9 Diboll team :dispntd:
Area - a 23 point favorite over Waco Conally
Regional - a 20 point favorite over Houston Worthington
Quarter-finals - a 17 point favorite over La Marque
Semi-finals - a 13 point favorite over Port Isabel

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Bi-district - a 63 point favorite over a 1-9 Diboll team :dispntd:
Area - a 23 point favorite over Waco Conally
Regional - a 20 point favorite over Houston Worthington
Quarter-finals - a 17 point favorite over La Marque
Semi-finals - a 13 point favorite over Port Isabel

I don't think Houston Worthing beats Sweeny, but that's my opinion.

nfcfan
10-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Port Isabel...? C'mon, they've got to be joking.

Who is your Reg. IV D2 rep?

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM

He has Sweeny as a 17 point underdog against them in the first round.

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 12:49 PM

There's still time to change that.

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Navasota DI this season?

Yes. Navasota has the second largest enrollment in our district. College Station isn't playing a varsity schedule.

hollywood
10-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Division I

Stephenville
Kilgore
Navasota
La Grange

Stephenville is currently a one point favorite over Kilgore in the semis and one point favorite
over Navasota in the state championship game.

Division II

Graham
Argyle
Fairfield
Port Isabel

Argyle is currently a ten point favorite over Graham in the semis and a six point favorite over
Fairfield in the state championship game.

Argyle will most likely be DI and Graham actually has a chance to be DI as well. We'll see how this shakes out. Will be more interesting to see this projection in 2 1/2 weeks. Thanks for posting though! :thumbsup:

waterboy
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Argyle is a favorite over Gilmer??? I don't see it. Gilmer handled them last year in dominating fashion, and the Buckeyes are a lot better team this year with most of those players back. Even if they did go D2, I don't see Argyle beating Gilmer. Hmmm...., but that's just me. What do I know?

If Argyle goes D1, which I think they will, replace Kilgore with Argyle in D1, in my opinion.

orange machine
10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Argyle is a favorite over Gilmer??? I don't see it. Gilmer handled them last year in dominating fashion, and the Buckeyes are a lot better team this year with most of those players back. Even if they did go D2, I don't see Argyle beating Gilmer. Hmmm...., but that's just me. What do I know?

If Argyle goes D1, which I think they will, replace Kilgore with Argyle in D1, in my opinion.

The Argyllians have the best defense I've seen in many many years in 3a. Their defense was really good last year, but they are way better this year. Their middle linebacker makes their defense so good. He can take on multiple blocks and still make the tackle. If Sizelove was not in the middle Argyles defense would still be really good, but nothing like they are now.

hollywood
10-25-2013, 01:34 PM
The Argyllians have the best defense I've seen in many many years in 3a. Their defense was really good last year, but they are way better this year. Their middle linebacker makes their defense so good. He can take on multiple blocks and still make the tackle. If Sizelove was not in the middle Argyles defense would still be really good, but nothing like they are now.

Also keep in mind the strength of schedule Argyle has played so far. Not what you call challenging. ;) Sizelove is a very good LB but up against bigger stronger faster better coached teams who can execute well, he will not be as dominant. Ask Kilgore and Kennedale from last years teams. Both had highly talented LB's. Dominant until they met their match.

Oh yeah, have you seen LB Josh Walker from Gilmer? Man child with speed.

orange machine
10-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Also keep in mind the strength of schedule Argyle has played so far. Not what you call challenging. ;) Sizelove is a very good LB but up against bigger stronger faster better coached teams who can execute well, he will not be as dominant.

You have a point!

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Agyle should have gone with Gargoyles as their mascot. I like it.

cougartino
10-25-2013, 01:42 PM

HISD will be done after Week 11.

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 01:45 PM

:lies:

Sweeny a 17 point Dog to Worthing? :dispntd:

HISD will be done after Week 11.

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Who is your Reg. IV D2 rep?

Bellville or Wharton probably. Anyone who thinks PI would have a chance, much less 13 pt favorite, against LM is insane.

BB BULLS
10-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Bellville or Wharton probably. Anyone who thinks PI would have a chance, much less 13 pt favorite, against LM is insane.

sure glad we go over looked, PI would never beat us

waterboy
10-25-2013, 03:05 PM

I just don't think they made up any ground on Gilmer as far as being "better". The Buckeyes had Argyle down 42-14 last year until the trash time TD with under a minute left, and this Buckeye team is far and away better in all three phases of the game, and with speed all over the field. The offense can drive it down the field in 15 plays, or they can hit you with an 80+ yard TD from anywhere on the field. The defense is much faster overall. The DBs cover receivers like a blanket with their speed and agility. The defensive line penetrates into the backfield on every play. The linebackers take away the middle and the edges with their speed, and the safeties will sometimes get sacks on blitzes because of good coverage by the DBs and linebackers when they drop back. We've also had numerous big kickoff and punt returns that keeps the offense in plus territory a lot of the time, even a few TD returns. In the fieldhouse, the coaches keep stats for personal performances, including speed in the 40-yard dash. There are 10 (maybe 11) players with 4.5 speed or better on this Buckeye team, and they do know how to use it. I know speed doesn't always translate into wins, but with execution it usually does. I don't know what the future holds for the Buckeyes this year, but I do expect a DEEP run, and a possible title. Anything can happen in high school football, though, and you need a little luck with injuries and the way the ball bounces to win a title, but it is definitely not out reach.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2013, 03:08 PM

Just for the sake of conversation, he has Bellville losing by 8 to La Grange in the DI quarters and Wharton losing by 10 to Geronimo Navarro in the DII area round.

hollywood
10-25-2013, 03:16 PM
I just don't think they made up any ground on Gilmer as far as being "better". The Buckeyes had Argyle down 42-14 last year until the trash time TD with under a minute left, and this Buckeye team is far and away better in all three phases of the game, and with speed all over the field. The offense can drive it down the field in 15 plays, or they can hit you with an 80+ yard TD from anywhere on the field. The defense is much faster overall. The DBs cover receivers like a blanket with their speed and agility. The defensive line penetrates into the backfield on every play. The linebackers take away the middle and the edges with their speed, and the safeties will sometimes get sacks on blitzes because of good coverage by the DBs and linebackers when they drop back. We've also had numerous big kickoff and punt returns that keeps the offense in plus territory a lot of the time, even a few TD returns. In the fieldhouse, the coaches keep stats for personal performances, including speed in the 40-yard dash. There are 10 (maybe 11) players with 4.5 speed or better on this Buckeye team, and they do know how to use it. I know speed doesn't always translate into wins, but with execution it usually does. I don't know what the future holds for the Buckeyes this year, but I do expect a DEEP run, and a possible title. Anything can happen in high school football, though, and you need a little luck with injuries and the way the ball bounces to win a title, but it is definitely not out reach.

We all know Gilmer is a true contender this year. We'll know more when they play a decent team. ;) Kilgore game in 2 weeks will tell a lot about both teams. All the things you say above are great but against weaker teams. Maybe we can meet up with all the black and orange nuts on Nov 8th and sit with the Black Flag fans. :thumbsup:

ronwx5x
10-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Agyle should have gone with Gargoyles as their mascot. I like it.

Should have been the Socks!

waterboy
10-25-2013, 03:54 PM
We all know Gilmer is a true contender this year. We'll know more when they play a decent team. ;) Kilgore game in 2 weeks will tell a lot about both teams. All the things you say above are great but against weaker teams. Maybe we can meet up with all the black and orange nuts on Nov 8th and sit with the Black Flag fans. :thumbsup:

Yep, all the teams we played felt like they were treading in mud when they played us.:D

nfcfan
10-25-2013, 05:11 PM

Will probably look more into potential opponents after this week, How is Bellville compared to last year?

PI had trouble with their defense, our defense came to life in the 2nd half of the Quarterfinals last year holding them to 3pts.

We got our work cut out no doubt... personally i like going in as the unknown underdog.

comparing the PI 2012 team to the 2013 team so far (after week 7)

2012(6-2) PF 260, PA 140

2013(8-0) PF 347, PA 105

regaleagle
10-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Yo.....all you Gilmerites out there in Downlowland. Forget Argyle this year.....we are 90% certain of going DI this season. Celina will be in our place. Pigskin Preps as a high school football forecaster is a complete joke on about half their entire final fours for 3A. I would agree with Sville and Carthage in DI, and Graham in DII. From there....they are space cadets. Can't even forecast Argyle in the correct most probable division, lol.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Should have been the Socks!
:D I've always thought that too.

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Just for the sake of conversation, he has Bellville losing by 8 to La Grange in the DI quarters and Wharton losing by 10 to Geronimo Navarro in the DII area round.

Didn't know if lg and or Navarro were D2 otherwise I was going to include them.

So he has PI beating lg??? Also not gonna happen.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Didn't know if lg and or Navarro were D2 otherwise I was going to include them.

So he has PI beating lg??? Also not gonna happen.

He doesn't having them playing each other. He has La Grange going DI and PI going DII

buckeyebob
10-26-2013, 09:09 AM

Yea...that...Gilmer is averaging 60 pts & giving up 19 (lot are in the 4th)...they are pretty consistant...everything is spread out with no big numbers...D is foing a good job with points...nice to have cake & eat it.