PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth ISD (Football)

Bullaholic
10-24-2013, 12:48 PM
I ask this every season. Do you think the Fort Worth ISD will ever generate a playoff successful football team? It still doesn't make any sense to me how a district this large can fail to generate some good football teams over the last several decades.

Matthew328
10-24-2013, 01:05 PM
I ask this every season. Do you think the Fort Worth ISD will ever generate a playoff successful football team? It still doesn't make any sense to me how a district this large can fail to generate some good football teams over the last several decades.

Southwest was pretty good last year...got to the area round and if they weren't down to their 3rd string they have have gone 4 deep

Southwest is good again this year, but Dunbar is by far the best FWISD team. They've beaten Birdville and Boswell this year...whats even crazier is Dunbar has a 3A enrollment and would probably be a D2 school if FWISD hadn't opted them up 2 years ago

toddg
10-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Southwest was pretty good last year...got to the area round and if they weren't down to their 3rd string they have have gone 4 deep

Southwest is good again this year, but Dunbar is by far the best FWISD team. They've beaten Birdville and Boswell this year...whats even crazier is Dunbar has a 3A enrollment and would probably be a D2 school if FWISD hadn't opted them up 2 years ago

What was the opt up for...basketball?

Matthew328
10-24-2013, 01:20 PM
What was the opt up for...basketball?

Probably...but Dunbar's not even that good in basketball anymore

GrTigers6
10-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Probably...but Dunbar's not even that good in basketball anymoreWasn't Dunbar a normal top ten team in the 2000s? Seems like they used to duke it out with Ryan and the other good denton team I cant think of at the moment!

Matthew328
10-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Wasn't Dunbar a normal top ten team in the 2000s? Seems like they used to duke it out with Ryan and the other good denton team I cant think of at the moment!

Dunbar was a national power in basketball from the mid 70s to the early 90s...they started to slide some in the mid-late 90s...got it back going in the early 2000s...won a 4A title and have slid since

GrTigers6
10-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Dunbar was a national power in basketball from the mid 70s to the early 90s...they started to slide some in the mid-late 90s...got it back going in the early 2000s...won a 4A title and have slid since

Sorry I meant in football! :doh:

Matthew328
10-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Sorry I meant in football! :doh:

Don't believe Dunbar has ever been a top 10 football team...in 200 (I think) they were pretty good..beat Brownwood to open the season down in San Antonio....then lost to Southlake in the area round when they missed a last second FG...that was their last real good team

hollywood
10-25-2013, 08:46 AM
It would take a special coaching staff a few years. The talent is there. The urban areas are so hard to get kids to stay focused and believe in the system with all of the other distractions and culture downfalls.

GrTigers6
10-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Don't believe Dunbar has ever been a top 10 football team...in 200 (I think) they were pretty good..beat Brownwood to open the season down in San Antonio....then lost to Southlake in the area round when they missed a last second FG...that was their last real good team

That may be the team I was thinking of. It has been a while