PDA

View Full Version : Tatum 2014

cowboyandchrist
10-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Remember this for next year. This is the team people in East Texas have been waiting for. You will recognize some of the names because there dads, uncles, and kinfolks played in the NFL. They are 2A D1 this year and should move to the new 4A DII next year. The junior and sophomore classes, when they move up next year will be nothing short of amazing to watch. It will remind you of the 2005 Tatum Eagles. I am not predicting a state championship because there are big time programs in the 3A, but they will be fun to talk about. They are currently undefeated and ranked number 3 in 2A.

lostaussie
10-24-2013, 09:22 AM
We can't wait:D I fully expect us to be district mates again.

oldtownag
10-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Carthage and Tatum possibly in the same district again? Who will cowboyandchrist root for?

Are you shure they have the numbers for 4A Div II?

adoptedbuckeye
10-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Remember this for next year. This is the team people in East Texas have been waiting for. You will recognize some of the names because there dads, uncles, and kinfolks played in the NFL. They are 2A D1 this year and should move to the new 4A DII next year. The junior and sophomore classes, when they move up next year will be nothing short of amazing to watch. It will remind you of the 2005 Tatum Eagles. I am not predicting a state championship because there are big time programs in the 3A, but they will be fun to talk about. They are currently undefeated and ranked number 3 in 2A.
Looking forward to rekindling the Gilmer-Tatum rivalry

cowboyandchrist
10-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Carthage and Tatum possibly in the same district again? Who will cowboyandchrist root for?

Are you shure they have the numbers for 4A Div II?

I will root for both, have no choice. I played for the Dawgs, went to school from 6th grade on at Carthage, and 1st to 5th at Tatum. Granddad on school board for 20 + years at Tatum. I have lived at Tatum for all but 7 years and I am 58. They will be in two different divisions. If Tatum moves up they will again be one of the smallest schools in the division. Just like in 2005, and just like in 2005 they will be loaded with talent.

cowboyandchrist
10-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Looking forward to rekindling the Gilmer-Tatum rivalry

Gilmer has had Tatum's number for the last ten years. They have only beaten Gilmer once in that span. Next year will be a much better game than the blow outs in the past.

Old Tiger
10-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Who are some of the names to watch out for?

buckeyebob
10-25-2013, 04:56 AM
Who are some of the names to watch out for?

Gilmer
Buckeyes
Black Flag
disappointmnet
despair
the list goes on...Tatum again...always enjoyed the show

adoptedbuckeye
10-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Gilmer has had Tatum's number for the last ten years. They have only beaten Gilmer once in that span. Next year will be a much better game than the blow outs in the past.

And believe me nobody in Gilmer has forgotten that loss Tatum handed us at home! I always pull for Tatum (except in the Gilmer game) and I have a buddy who graduated from there, so I get to sort of keep up with how they are doing. If they end up in our district I think it will be awesome and the competition level will be stacked once again. Tough district prepares you for tough playoffs so I hope we do get to play each other again.

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Is Tatum above 450? That might be the low end for 4A

Yoe_09
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Is Tatum above 450? That might be the low end for 4A

From what I've heard, Tatum should be well above 450??? We will see here soon once everything comes out.