PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley @ Canyon Lake

Tejastrue
10-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Well, the Texans need not only a win but a decisive victory come Friday. Come on Wimberley supporters..show a little enthusiasm. We ain't dead yet!! :clap:

bag-o-chips
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Talked to my buddy at Navarro and he said yea they run the slot t but are slow. You should be OK and I see you winning 3 tds!

LV_Bearfan
10-24-2013, 10:19 AM
This will be a dog fight.

Snotbubbles
10-24-2013, 10:42 AM
This will be a dog fight.

Total blow out here. WT is down by "their" standards, but--that don't mean they suck LV.

WT 50
CL 7

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 11:02 AM
This will be a close game. The Hawks have a big O line and can move the chains on the running game. WT will need to man up on defense. Hawks by 6.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Texans not happy not winning district, and losing that consecutive district games winning streak. Texans show no mercy, win by a BUNCH. CL parent might consider a bullying complaint. :spitlol:

Gone Fishing
10-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Texans not happy not winning district, and losing that consecutive district games winning streak. Texans show no mercy, win by a BUNCH. CL parent might consider a bullying complaint. :spitlol:

Not winning District? The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Fred beats Navarro and Wimberley beats Fred...could happen. YT Look what went on in yall's district last year, anything is possible.

Gone Fishing
10-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Total blow out here. WT is down by "their" standards, but--that don't mean they suck LV.

WT 50
CL 7

Agree SB. CL won't score and I suspect an offensive improvement by the Texans. That improvement has to happen this week if we are to hang with Fred and even Boerne. Hoping for a Fred victory against Navarro also. That would make next week game really something to watch. I think your score is mine too, 50-7...

bag-o-chips
10-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Rooting for Fred to beat navarro. Come on on now!:tisk:

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Not winning District? The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Fred beats Navarro and Wimberley beats Fred...could happen. YT Look what went on in yall's district last year, anything is possible.

True that. I just don't see Navarro hiccuping. But, that's why we play the games.

regaleagle
10-24-2013, 08:07 PM
True that. I just don't see Navarro hiccuping. But, that's why we play the games.

If Fred defeats Navarro in Geronimo this Friday nite, it won't be because Navarro "hiccupped". It will be because the best team won. Navarro is favored by 10 points at home against Fred, so a Fred win will mean the Billies seized the moment.

Pudlugger
10-24-2013, 08:15 PM

What happened in our district last year? La Grange won district outright 4-1, Cuero 3-2 was 2nd.

jackofalltrades
10-24-2013, 09:21 PM
depends on how we handle this. the slot T is an offense that works in our favor in this match-up. i'll say a 10 point Wimberley win. i will add that i have never heard more from the visitor stands than i heard tonight, that was not good.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 09:28 PM
If Fred defeats Navarro in Geronimo this Friday nite, it won't be because Navarro "hiccupped". It will be because the best team won. Navarro is favored by 10 points at home against Fred, so a Fred win will mean the Billies seized the moment.

Could happen. Like I said, it's why they play them. I would not be shocked. But, I just don't see this Navarro team losing a district game. They are going to be a force for awhile. Good to see to that fine community.

bag-o-chips
10-24-2013, 10:01 PM
I was at Navarro tonight and the 7th A&B won and the Freshmen won 27-0. Have not heard the 8th or JV scores. I do know this Freshman team has been undefeated since starting in 7th grade. Looks like a great night for FB on Friday night!

YTBulldogs
10-24-2013, 10:11 PM
I was at Navarro tonight and the 7th A&B won and the Freshmen won 27-0. Have not heard the 8th or JV scores. I do know this Freshman team has been undefeated since starting in 7th grade. Looks like a great night for FB on Friday night!

And a great next several years for you too BOC on Friday nights, based on teams down below. Good job.

Tejastrue
10-24-2013, 11:22 PM
depends on how we handle this. the slot T is an offense that works in our favor in this match-up. i'll say a 10 point Wimberley win. i will add that i have never heard more from the visitor stands than i heard tonight, that was not good.

I am sure that every school in our district is happy the streak is over and the DC is finally up for grabs. Everyone is giddy. This a game I think where we find out exactly what the Texans we are made of, from the players up thru the coaching staff. I look for good things on Friday and some old fashioned Code Red defense. Go Texans!

bag-o-chips
10-25-2013, 03:10 AM
I am sure the Texans will be just fine! Good Luck!

Papá Oso
10-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Close game imo, CL has some size and can control the tempo with the ground and pound style. I'll pick WT by a TD but would not be shocked if that was reversed. Good luck and safe travels to both schools.

PO

ogg
10-25-2013, 09:20 AM
There was a time we had a coach that would chew a player's butt off for mistakes in a game, Zebras as well. I have no idea what team will walk out on that field tonight.

LV_Bearfan
10-25-2013, 12:57 PM
As much as I think this is a good matchup, I still have this feeling WT pulls away if they are motivated. They will be dialed in to the slot-t for sure.

Tejastrue
10-25-2013, 02:36 PM
I agree and if we are not motivated then there is a major problem in Texan land.

Gone Fishing
10-25-2013, 02:49 PM
There was a time we had a coach that would chew a player's butt off for mistakes in a game, Zebras as well. I have no idea what team will walk out on that field tonight.

True that OGG... Lambert was one of our best QB's that has come through Wimberley(29 and 1 as a starter and a SC.) and He got his ace handed to him at least several times a game. Jones last year had ace handed to him every game. Blakemore ace handed to him every game. before that Scudder for two years ace handed to him all during the game. Sort of like Nelms was yelling through them (QB's) instead of picking out each players screw up during the game ( until film Sat LOL) but that was just the nature of the Nelms!!! It worked and worked well with the team and these QB's production. They learned to accept it during their playing times and I think were better players becuase of it. There was a unwritten demand for leaders by Nelms's QB's. Now the only thing I see is an asst. coach putting an arm around the QB or others whispering in the ear hole after a total screw up or team screw up. What the heck is that.... Nothing I'm use to. Nelms days are over, but I would like to see some ace chewing where ace chewing belongs. We have top players and positions making too many mistakes or under achieving, the record and stats proof that and I think they need an ace chewing when it happens............just saying.

Tejastrue
10-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Okay boys and girls, I've been here defending the Texans throughout the season but there comes a time to where you have to say enough is enough. Tonight the loss was about as embarrassing that I have seen for the last 12 + years that I have been here as a Texan supporter. No disrespect to CL. That is all....

rb585
10-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Uuuuuuuuuuuuugleeeeeeeeeeeeee.

It's a shame to play your best game on the season in week 2. One of the things that's supposed to be fun about HS football is seeing the team improve as the season goes on.

Someone told my wife that three starters quit the team this week... Is that true?

clhsdad
10-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Congratulation Hawks! And this is why you play the game very few gave CL even a slim chance.

Tejastrue
10-25-2013, 10:22 PM
LOL..CLhsdad that you show up now. I think you must have been one of those that gave CL a slim chance. Congrats though...you guys deserved the win!!

Papá Oso
10-25-2013, 10:39 PM
No surprise to me, told folks in the district prediction thread CL would get some district wins. Congrats Hawks.

jackofalltrades
10-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Uuuuuuuuuuuuugleeeeeeeeeeeeee.

It's a shame to play your best game on the season in week 2. One of the things that's supposed to be fun about HS football is seeing the team improve as the season goes on.

Someone told my wife that three starters quit the team this week... Is that true?

yes 3 players quit is what i also heard

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2013, 11:00 PM
If Fred defeats Navarro in Geronimo this Friday nite, it won't be because Navarro "hiccupped". It will be because the best team won. Navarro is favored by 10 points at home against Fred, so a Fred win will mean the Billies seized the moment.:cool:

jackofalltrades
10-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Okay boys and girls, I've been here defending the Texans throughout the season but there comes a time to where you have to say enough is enough. Tonight the loss was about as embarrassing that I have seen for the last 12 + years that I have been here as a Texan supporter. No disrespect to CL. That is all....

that was a very strange game in many ways. i am going to think about it some more before i come to any conclusions. very strange.

Pudlugger
10-25-2013, 11:34 PM
This will be a close game. The Hawks have a big O line and can move the chains on the running game. WT will need to man up on defense. Hawks by 6.

Congratulations to the Hawks on a big win. Good luck going forward.

Manso/V8
10-25-2013, 11:51 PM
yes 3 players quit is what i also heard

Wow, sorry to hear that.

jackofalltrades
10-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that.

don't be sorry. until we know exactly what went down it is only talk. when we do know then it may make more sense. today's "everyone gets a trophy mentality" doesn't work well with football and while sitting on the bench, if that is the issue, is not glamorous it is needed. i have been on teams, and in work environments, where certain people left or were removed and things got better, fast. when i played sports there were no mercy rules, no bully complaints and i have always found coaches to be pretty good at determining the best team to put on the field.

Snotbubbles
10-26-2013, 04:18 AM

WT 50
CL 7

My bad. Guess they are worse than I thought. I knew they were down this year, but--not this bad. West get hurt? If not, think he should of ran it 30 times with that nearly 10 yard average per rush. QB killing ya smalls. Is there not a another option at QB? If not, get out of the spread and run the bone with West. When was the last time WT didn't make the playoffs? Over 800 yards rushing against in 2-weeks? Look like the Longhorns. Nelms just fell out of his chair.

rb585
10-26-2013, 05:45 AM
don't be sorry. until we know exactly what went down it is only talk. when we do know then it may make more sense. today's "everyone gets a trophy mentality" doesn't work well with football and while sitting on the bench, if that is the issue, is not glamorous it is needed. i have been on teams, and in work environments, where certain people left or were removed and things got better, fast. when i played sports there were no mercy rules, no bully complaints and i have always found coaches to be pretty good at determining the best team to put on the field.

I thought these were starters that quit?

Pudlugger
10-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Folks here are running down WT but fail to recognize that Canyon lake has a decent offense and good size up front. Wimberley seems to just expect to win from one week to the next but this year the talent is spread more evenly across their schedule. If they focus and play their game they should make the playoffs this year. As Donald Rumsfeld said "You don't go to war with the army you want, you go to war with the army you have". Good luck next week WT and congratulations to the Hawks.

Snotbubbles
10-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I seen CL against LV, and I seen LV against Wim. Say what you want about a run team. CL is no Navarro-like, or LH-like (back in the day) slot-T running team. Maybe not a 50-7 win like I thought? But---damn sure a solid win over CL was in order. CL lone win at home this year. Fred's comes a calling next. Yikes.

Tejastrue
10-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Agree SB. Hey Pud, normally I would agree but you have not seen us play. The intensity is there but not across the board. We have some talent but no cohesiveness. In other words the team appears divided. If it is true about 3 starters leaving this past week then this might confirm the division but as jackofalltrades mentioned there could be valid or just reasons those players are gone. With that said you just don't lose 3 starters, especially with our small numbers and not feel the effects. I will add that I'm just outside looking in and only an observer, fan, and supporter. I have no insight to the team. No son on the team. I know in Wimberley we've become accustomed to winning and when this sort of thing happens there could be a tendency to scream "fire". I'll refer to jackofalltrades once again and mention the words 'very strange'. I guess it is the best way to describe the situation at this point.

Gone Fishing
10-26-2013, 01:30 PM
The guys that quit- #4 a part time receiver playing about half the time in certain formations. #44 back up LB and third string RB and kick off team. The other guy (can't remember #, I think 64) was a way way back up OL and DL.

Tejastrue
10-26-2013, 03:48 PM
That helps to know. 44 showed some talent when given the opportunity to run and not good to lose a LB. Coach Warren mentioned adversity this past week. Well, it is here.

clhsdad
10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
LOL..CLhsdad that you show up now. I think you must have been one of those that gave CL a slim chance. Congrats though...you guys deserved the win!!

Oh still here lurking and keep track of the games, just not much time to post lately. Texans not done yet will still probably make the playoffs and we all know anything can happen after that.

rb585
10-26-2013, 05:47 PM
That helps to know. 44 showed some talent when given the opportunity to run and not good to lose a LB. Coach Warren mentioned adversity this past week. Well, it is here.

Yeah, I liked 44.

I also have trouble believing that we have anyone who's a "way way backup" lineman, as thin as we have been all season there.

Gone Fishing
10-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I liked 44.

I also have trouble believing that we have anyone who's a "way way backup" lineman, as thin as we have been all season there.

I know 44 on a first name basis and I agree I think he should have been getting 2 to 4 carries a game at a min. period, and should have been playing LB a lot. (not like our LB's are real good and Lambert has to have a break) He is a good player on a team that is not real good. He never got to play (much) and he quit. end of that story.

Lol RB......, if the OL guy that quit was a back up to this starting line, not much to miss....just saying.

Gone Fishing
10-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Agree SB. CL won't score and I suspect an offensive improvement by the Texans. That improvement has to happen this week if we are to hang with Fred and even Boerne. Hoping for a Fred victory against Navarro also. That would make next week game really something to watch. I think your score is mine too, 50-7...

Hum......very sorry for my post. next week will be something to watch for sure, just not the way I was hoping for. Wimberley has their hands full now just to make the playoffs. I was going to say all my opinions on the game and the season to this point, but I better just hold off on that for now. I think I would be right on many things, but It would only be stating the obvious and not help anything or anyone.....go Texans, (like always) maybe some changes will happen before the Fred game, We could win the last two and still be ok. Playoffs would be a new season anyway.........

ogg
10-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Hum......very sorry for my post. next week will be something to watch for sure, just not the way I was hoping for. Wimberley has their hands full now just to make the playoffs. I was going to say all my opinions on the game and the season to this point, but I better just hold off on that for now. I think I would be right on many things, but It would only be stating the obvious and not help anything or anyone.....go Texans, (like always) maybe some changes will happen before the Fred game, We could win the last two and still be ok. Playoffs would be a new season anyway.........

Truly weird times, , , , , Gone Fishing is apologizing for a post. :)

Gone Fishing
10-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Truly weird times, , , , , Gone Fishing is apologizing for a post. :)

LOL ogg.....:helpme:

Tejastrue
10-27-2013, 10:56 PM
But he never said he was wrong, Ogg. lol I think I probably said more than I should have about this game. No better remedy than to win and if the Texans can pull the upset, yes I said upset, against Fred. then it could go a long way towards the post season aspirations. Go Texans!!

Gone Fishing
10-28-2013, 10:00 AM
My post agreed with snotbubbles 50-7 win prediction!!! It also said I expected a big offensive improvement!!! I think that spells I was wrong. lol